PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Toronto?

DaviRed
03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/274970-trouble-in-toronto?eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Damien
03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Nothing new really... DeRo not talking to media, crowds didn't show due to cold weather.

rocker
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
all that has been discussed in other threads.

NBS
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/274970-trouble-in-toronto?eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Agree with the above posts. Nothing here that's really new at this point. I too noticed DeRo's body language, he's not content, but that's not newsworthy at this point. I can't imagine things continuing the way they are but until something changes, it is what it is. So long as he still brings the effort, which I feel he is, not really much else to say that hasn't been said on this board countless times in other threads.

Milky
03-28-2011, 09:38 AM
I like your ending there NBS. DeRo brings 100% commitment to every match during those 90-odd minutes of game action. That's all that really needs to be said about his commitment level to the team. He's a footballer. He's played two matches so far this season and has a goal and an assist. Last season he was responsible for getting TFC twenty points (based on game winning goals and assists) and the season before that he scored the club's first (and so far only) hat-trick to help us win our first ever trophy. Criticising his body language is just nit-picking for the sake of being negative. He's a good player who happens to think he's underpaid, but I would reckon that most of us feel underpaid for the work we do. But whistle to whistle DeRo always gives it his all.

Parkdale
03-28-2011, 09:42 AM
I like your ending there NBS. DeRo brings 100% commitment to every match during those 90-odd minutes of game action. That's all that really needs to be said about his commitment level to the team. He's a footballer. He's played two matches so far this season and has a goal and an assist. Last season he was responsible for getting TFC twenty points (based on game winning goals and assists) and the season before that he scored the club's first (and so far only) hat-trick to help us win our first ever trophy. Criticising his body language is just nit-picking for the sake of being negative. He's a good player who happens to think he's underpaid, but I would reckon that most of us feel underpaid for the work we do. But whistle to whistle DeRo always gives it his all.

I like that.

Plus DeRo knows that playing great football is the ONLY way work some leverage against the team. If he's not giving it his all, then the team has control of the situation. As it stands now, DeRo is on pace to have another outstanding season, and if that happens, the team will have no choice but to give him what he wants

Parkdale
03-28-2011, 09:43 AM
oh, and you want to see a player who'd just cashing a paycheck?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg/200px-Cunnytfc.jpg

^ note the hands on the hips.

Jack
03-28-2011, 09:49 AM
That Toronto Sun article is a load of shit.

DeRo was busy getting as many teammates as he could to sign a banner dedicated to a supporter who passed away suddenly on Thursday night.

Since no one bothered to fact check, they just published an article based on speculation and sensationalized it as much as they can. What DeRo did with the banner and the message he sent to the family shows me all I need to see about why he's the captain of our team.

Roogsy
03-28-2011, 09:52 AM
SI republishing the Sun's column is commonplace I know, but it goes to show the damage that one news writer can have when he writes absolute garbage. It gets perpetuated.

Bars92
03-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Probably the funnest game I've been to out of 13 over the five seasons. I have some buds in TO that will only go to the spring/ summer games, so the weather was definately a factor.

jloome
03-28-2011, 10:51 AM
SI republishing the Sun's column is commonplace I know, but it goes to show the damage that one news writer can have when he writes absolute garbage. It gets perpetuated.

Without referring to any specific examples for obvious reasons, I'll just say Roogsy that a lot of people in this business are emotionally dead inside. Some are worse, because their only mechanisms for self-worth are bylines and "scoops", most of which the public never even notices.

It's quite sad.