PDA

View Full Version : White scarves = epic fail

Yohan
03-27-2011, 02:42 AM
I am not a fan of the season 5 season ticket holder scarves.

When the anthem came on and everyone held up the scarves, I saw a sea of white instead of red.

When did we become the whitecaps?

james
03-27-2011, 03:09 AM
seems toronto department has failed in everway this year!

Blazer
03-27-2011, 05:39 AM
I’m not sure if epic is fair – though the scarves were quite dreadful, I agree. I thought more red could have been incorporated so that the white wasn’t so prominent.

Interesting choice to go with the white.

DOMIN8R
03-27-2011, 06:39 AM
It seems that people are polarized on this issue. It's a completely different colour and that alone would call for strong opinions on this board. But of those who like it - it seems that many will wear it more as an everyday scarf rather than a sporting event only accessory.

On merchandise in general - I was at a party last night and I was surprised by people who said that they refuse to buy MLSE team merchandise as a matter of principle. These weren't militant kids these were adults, who can easily afford it, but are angry with the ownerships greed in general (ticket prices, beer prices, etc.).

I knew that fans were pissed. But I guess I had underestimated their discontent.

Sorry :topic:

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 06:46 AM
epic whining.

the scarves are different, which I like. I've got more red scarves than I could wear in a week if I wore two at once. Changing it up a bit is good.

pekduck
03-27-2011, 06:48 AM
white scarf is parky approved.. just like argyle...

ergo, it must be bad :D

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 06:53 AM
haha... I'm not 'approving' it, but at this point, there's a whole trunk of red scarves in my house. Variety is good.

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 06:54 AM
white scarf is parky approved.. just like argyle...

ergo, it must be bad :D

ps. next year= houndstooth

pekduck
03-27-2011, 06:56 AM
ps. next year= houndstooth

http://www.uniqueuniforms.com/images/5STAR/HOUNDSTOOTH.jpg

err... no...

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 06:58 AM
hahaha

http://www.hastings-crystal.co.uk/images/red-houndstooth-scarf.jpg

my point? it could always be worse.

pekduck
03-27-2011, 07:03 AM
^
still better than the atrocity of the argyle ones...

Mikey
03-27-2011, 07:22 AM
I already gave away the four "HBC scarves" that came with the ticket pack this year to non footie supporters...Why scarves EVERY year in the kit?

This year a MUG would have been the thing to find in the box with your tickets.....:D

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 07:27 AM
I already gave away the four "HBC scarves" that came with the ticket pack this year to non footie supporters...Why scarves EVERY year in the kit?

This year a MUG would have been the thing to find in the box with your tickets.....:D

it's a tradition now, so I don't see it ending.

You know what would be nice.... A pro quality Captain style arm band with the TFC crest and a section number on it. That's the kind of thing you could wear every game over top of anything else (jersey or jacket).

TFC FO... if you're reading this... I think this might be an idea worth filing away for next year.

pekduck
03-27-2011, 07:28 AM
it's a tradition now, so I don't see it ending.

You know what would be nice.... A pro quality Captain style arm band with the TFC crest and a section number on it. That's the kind of thing you could wear every game over top of anything else (jersey or jacket).

TFC FO... if you're reading this... I think this might be an idea worth filing away for next year.

i wanted that since season 2.... all i kept on hearing is a gravy boat... and that never happened either....

Kooper
03-27-2011, 07:45 AM

"OK fans, hold up your mugs high and sing our national anthem."

It doesn't have the same ring.

Pinkie
03-27-2011, 08:19 AM
i love the idea of getting a scarf along with our season tickets...ok so the white was different, but it really wasn't THAT ugly. this is clearly complaining for the sake of complaining.

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 08:22 AM
i love the idea of getting a scarf along with our season tickets...ok so the white was different, but it really wasn't THAT ugly. this is clearly complaining for the sake of complaining.

yep.

the team won, we all had a good day.....

so let's pick on the scarf! :facepalm:

Alixir
03-27-2011, 08:22 AM
people will always find something to complain about.

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 08:26 AM

you avatar is like, a dog or something?

I don't like dogs. Well people who don't pick up after their dogs. I mean really, poop and scoop people!! And then don't drop it in my green bin, because I don't want dog poop in there. Back in my day people had respect for their green bins. We lived by the 3 R's, just the 'R's were different. Ranting, Raving and recycling. If you wanted to change the world....zzzzzzzz....zzzz...........

http://a323.yahoofs.com/coreid/4c408da5i28b1zws103sp2/LS4sqJg6aafWcsUerDKdOfsEAQ--/4/tn96.jpeg?ciAw8eOBbIr3ao63

menefreghista
03-27-2011, 08:27 AM
The scarf isn't a big deal. I think the only one I really liked from the season ticket package was from last season.

Besides I only wear the season ticket scarf to the first game. Then it gets stored away.

The real epic fail was how bad it looked during the anthem when people held up their scarves compared to previous seasons. Particularly on the west side. The season 1 home opener of the fans holding up their scarves was iconic. Its a shame at this point we can't duplicate that.

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 08:29 AM
The real epic fail was how bad it looked during the anthem when people held up their scarves compared to previous seasons. Particularly on the west side. The season 1 home opener of the fans holding up their scarves was iconic. Its a shame at this point we can't duplicate that.

part of the blame (if we're looking for blame) falls on the weather. A lot of people had their scarves all tucked in tight, and wern't going to get them out for the anthem. No biggie though.

The photos of the 'sea of red' from the first seasons look just as good today as they did then.

Hamilton_Red
03-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Damn it was cold over on the West side in the shade.

wzhxvy
03-27-2011, 09:20 AM
I agree with the Yohan...the white scarves where a fail...that will be confirmed when no one ever wears them to games after the first game.

Parkdale
Damn it was cold over on the West side in the shade.

I bet.

when I used to sit in 223, I had a few games that were freezing even though it was sunny on the otehr side and I could see people in t-shirt.

all the talk of getting a roof..... There's another side to that argument.

ManUtd4ever
Personally, I think the new scarves look amazing.

:leaving:

rocker
03-27-2011, 09:37 AM
"epic fail"? talk about overstatement!

Globetrotter
03-27-2011, 10:10 AM
it's nice they switched it up. as mentioned, we have a lot of red scarves. the white ones are a bit banana republic, but it's still nice they switched it up.

complaining about a scarf. what a life.

prizby
03-27-2011, 10:12 AM
sorry, but i like them...they looked good

TorCanSoc
03-27-2011, 10:22 AM
I like the variety as well. The reason the white scarves up in the air doesn't have the impact is the fact that there are no white jackets. When the red scarves are held, there are a great number of red coats out in the masses. So white scarves in the air seems sporadic.

If MLSE has a white pants, white shirt, white scarves giveaway it would blanket the stadium, and look pretty cool.

ExiledRed
03-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Like them or not, we lost something.

the famous seas of red that they like to use on BMO commercials and stuff like the yearbook cover, was lost.

I hate creeping brand experimentation, that fundamentally alters the identity, regardless of a consumer preference for tradition. Kind of like 'new' Coca Cola.

jabbronies
03-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Love the white scarves. Created some great contrast in the stadium during the anthem.

Yohan
03-27-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm not bitching for the sake of bitching about somethiing.

We are the Reds. Red should be the dominant colour at BMO Field (even if it gets boring)

Symbols do matter. Imagine seeing a wave of white when Whitecaps come to play in Toronto. What would people think?

rocker
03-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm not bitching for the sake of bitching about somethiing.

We are the Reds. Red should be the dominant colour at BMO Field (even if it gets boring)

Symbols do matter. Imagine seeing a wave of white when Whitecaps come to play in Toronto. What would people think?

but why is that an "epic fail"?

It's fine to say you don't like them. But man, "epic fail" should be reserved for the worst things in the world.

Globetrotter
03-27-2011, 11:03 AM
There's no written rule about wearing season 5 scarves during the season. Nothing is stopping people from bringing their red scarves to the game. The white one might look nice in a collection. Anyone that decides to raise a white scarf during the anthem has done so (perhaps) without thinking. Wearing a white scarf to the game is completely different than FO deciding to include a white scarf as a treat in your season ticket packs.

-Good for MLSE.
-(Perhaps) poor choice by fans lifting the white scarf
-Poor for anyone that can't see the difference or think we are stuck wearing the white one in place of the red one all season.

dawkins
03-27-2011, 11:03 AM
yep.

the team won, we all had a good day.....

so let's pick on the scarf! :facepalm:

That's so funny... Really guys... The scarf?? How about the red or the game it self?? Noooo, we have to pick on the scarf?

I was watching the game from home and I have to say it didn't look all that bad, the scarf looks cheap but the color is ok.

Roca
03-27-2011, 11:15 AM
My main problem with the white scarf was the way it showed food and beer stains after the postgame celebration! :drunk:

Damien
03-27-2011, 11:26 AM
http://sp3.fotolog.com/photo/35/43/88/masterboo/1252439993878_f.jpg

Huyton
03-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Should be red on one side, white on the other, and alternate which side is shown by section.

Alternate red and white sections would look way cool.

Incidentally, I bought one of those soft car blankets they had for sale yesterday for $20.

Fantastic at half time to get warm.

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm going EARLY next time to get a TFC blanket (that costs about as much a a scarf at BMO)

jabbronies
03-27-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm going EARLY next time to get a TFC blanket (that costs about as much a a scarf at BMO)

what is this blanket you speak of?

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 11:49 AM
it's... a blanket. A big one with a TFC crest on it. It looks like fleece or something, and looks really warm.

it's $20 and sells out almost instantly.

GBV
03-27-2011, 11:53 AM
The blankets are great. Scored a couple at MLS Cup.

The white scarves ... not so great.

jimiv
03-27-2011, 11:57 AM
"OK fans, hold up your mugs high and sing our national anthem."

It doesn't have the same ring.

How's this sound "OK fan's hold up your Beer Steins high and sing our National Anthem"

:drinking:

Nodoubtguy
03-27-2011, 12:01 PM
well if you didn't like the white scarf...PM me, I'm looking for one.

Heart of Stone
03-27-2011, 12:02 PM
When the anthem came on and everyone held up the scarves, I saw a sea of white instead of red.
?

Isn't the "sea of red" during the anthem all the empty seats of the latecomers...

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 12:05 PM
also, we can't expect a sea of red when it's at the freezing point.

Not everyone has a red winter jacket, and it was winter jacket yesterday.

Heart of Stone
03-27-2011, 12:08 PM

Yes, notice a lot of black coats yesterday at BMO... often how games from England look on TV as well...

Yohan
03-27-2011, 12:11 PM

i'm only talking about holding the scarf up during the anthem... (heck, i had a green jacket on... green being colour of the timbers lol)

noochie
03-27-2011, 12:19 PM
This thread is an epic fail... to think that just because there are white scarves thinks that means we cheer for the whitecaps... err... I give people who follow this game a little more credit than that.

Heart of Stone
03-27-2011, 12:22 PM
I think more people are worried about getting mustard, ketchup, etc. on their white scarves...

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
I think more people are worried about getting mustard, ketchup, etc. on their white scarves...

Official Sponsor of Season V

http://match.collegiate-va.org/content_images/TideToGoStick.jpg

Torontotonto
03-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes, there different, good or bad.
Walking around BMO yesterday, the scarves reminded me of Chicago Black Hawks home colours.

Alonso
03-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Love the white scarf... It's going to be my default scarf.

It's already got a stain on it though... it's going to be hard to keep it clean for sure.

ExiledRed
03-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Like people who make threads that dont interest you on the internet, for instance? fucking twats eh?

That's so funny... Really guys... The scarf?? How about the red or the game it self?? Noooo, we have to pick on the scarf?

Seriously! You see, we have this new thig called a "forum" and this "forum" contains different "threads" and these "threads" contain different "topics" which individual "users" can view and decide if they want to join the "discussion"

There are lots of these "threads" all covering different aspects of TFC from Ownership and Marketing to tactics and even individual games.

I understand how its a bit sophisticated, with all these "threads" with different "titles" and that it might have been easier for you if we just had one "thread" were everybody posts whatever they want, and other people then get to tell them whether its relevant to the discussion or not, but this way really works.

Im posting a link to another 'thread' that might be more up your street:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27278&page=6

Pachuco
03-27-2011, 01:10 PM
I personally like them. I have enough red scarves so it's nice to see a change.

jazzy
03-27-2011, 01:21 PM
epic whining.

the scarves are different, which I like. I've got more red scarves than I could wear in a week if I wore two at once. Changing it up a bit is good.

bump.....bunch of old lady's.....but then again I voted for Parkies beautiful minimalist RPB scarfe, I actually wanted one I could wear everywhere without looking like a neon sign in Niagara Falls.....I'll bring a red one in future but around I'll wear the new 2011 white.....however I am a fashion icon, just saying............................................ .........................................lol..

Cashcleaner
03-27-2011, 01:51 PM
The white scarves aren't as good looking as the red ones we've gotten in the past and I found they were a bit too short to wrap well around the neck, but I wouldn't call it an "epic" failure.

I think my favourite official scarf still remains this one:

http://styleblog.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tfc5-530x794.jpg

Mark in Ottawa
03-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Lets complain about the beer.
They sold beer in green tins. Green!! the color of the opposition.

How dare they!

zeelaw
03-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Who cares, I like have scarfs that are not just red.

Blazer
03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
^ I think we’ve killed the beer so cold you can’t taste the awfulness that is Carlsberg complaint.

Fort York Redcoat
03-27-2011, 02:56 PM
It's one year. I'm not worried. They will have another next year. Personally the home opener is the only time I wear the TFC scarf.

markus
03-27-2011, 02:56 PM
could've been an 'epic fail' if visiting team, wore white...
speaking of an 'epic fail', raptors vs nets(2007 playoffs?), anyone remembers red t-shirts for fans? I believe person who came up with that idea, was fired(?), yes, it's a question, too:)...

Parkdale
03-27-2011, 03:11 PM
could've been an 'epic fail' if visiting team, wore white...
speaking of an 'epic fail', raptors vs nets(2007 playoffs?), anyone remembers red t-shirts for fans? I believe person who came up with that idea, was fired(?)...

I remember it very well.

I somehow doubt the person was fired. It was kinda silly looking, but it makes me think that the NBA switched something up at the last minute with who be the team in white. Obviously the team expected to wear red, or they wouldn't have ordered all the shits. but who knows really.

rocker
03-27-2011, 03:11 PM
It's one year. I'm not worried. They will have another next year. Personally the home opener is the only time I wear the TFC scarf.

i don't wear mine that much either... only in the cold games. In the summer it's weird-looking and uncomfortable to walk around with a big scarf on...

Derko
03-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I am not a fan of the season 5 season ticket holder scarves.

When did we become the whitecaps?

Chris and I held our Red Scarves aloft.

nfitz
03-27-2011, 04:50 PM
All that snow that was around the ground. It was white! Are we Whitecaps supporters now?

ExiledRed
03-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Chris and I held our Red Scarves aloft.

Me and Jay used red ones too.

If theyre yellow next season, do we have a problem?

GBV
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
All that snow that was around the ground. It was white! Are we Whitecaps supporters now?

Weaaaak . . .

DangerRed
03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Yohan's right, it was a little silly. I brought mine because it had my ticket attached to it, but as soon as that was done, I tucked it away and raised my red one.

I love the white kit. I don't love the white scarf.

rocker
03-27-2011, 05:23 PM
If theyre yellow next season, do we have a problem?

ah, the slippery slope.... "if we allow white, next it's going to be yellow... and then it's going to be rainbow, and then it's going to be purple! oh no!"

Davenport
03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
ah, the slippery slope.... "if we allow white, next it's going to be yellow... and then it's going to be rainbow, and then it's going to be purple! oh no!"

TFC's colour is red. Any TFC scarf should be mainly red.
Simple really.

Pinkie
03-27-2011, 05:40 PM
oh my god it's like those white flags i had at my seats. that isn't the colour of tfc we are the Reds.

ExiledRed
03-27-2011, 06:02 PM

I call it an unchecked graphic designer trying to 'break the mould' and taking liberties with the brand identity.

You can call it a slippery slope if you want.

jazzy
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
The white scarves aren't as good looking as the red ones we've gotten in the past and I found they were a bit too short to wrap well around the neck, but I wouldn't call it an "epic" failure.

I think my favourite official scarf still remains this one:

http://styleblog.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tfc5-530x794.jpg

oh ya the scarfe.....sure, ah I saw it at least a minute after viewing the photo, beautiful, ah the scarfe that is...

QSIM
03-28-2011, 08:49 PM
My only problem with the white scarf is that it lack tassels/ fringe at the end of the scarf. I know its picky but I think it takes away from the traditional feel of the scarf.

Oblio2
03-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Really? This thread complains about the scarf?

Oh my....

MLSE. you are terrible for not pleasing all 20000 fans. BASTARDS

Bloor West FC
03-28-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't mind the white scarves just for a game!! Most of us will be back to the red by next game. It was nice to have something different for a game but yes we are the reds!

Carts
03-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Another bitch thread...

Some people like the scarf - some don't...

Honestly, this team could give away all 22,000 tix for free and people would bitch about that saying it ruined the crowd...

Maybe suddenly the concessions have free hotdogs. Nope, people would bitch that it took people out of the stands...

Hey wait, they'll put in a roof - because many supporters have begged for one. Bitch thread alert - someone isn't getting a tan in the south end anymore...

WE WON 2-NIL...

I'll remember that, over the crowd holding up a scarf that some people like, and some people don't...

Its funny, if there's one organization that you don't want to feel sorry for, its MLSE. Reading countless bitching threads about anything and everything is starting to make me feel for the staff at MLSE...

We could win the MLS Cup - and someone would bitch that the parade route was wrong...

Carts...

jazzy
03-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Another bitch thread...

Honestly, this team could give away all 22,000 tix for free and people would bitch about that saying it ruined the crowd...

Maybe suddenly the concessions have free hotdogs. Nope, people would bitch that it took people out of the stands...

Hey wait, they'll put in a roof - because many supporters have begged for one. Bitch thread alert - someone isn't getting a tan in the south end anymore...

WE WON 2-NIL...

I'll remember that, over the crowd holding up a scarf that some people like, and some people don't...

Its funny, if there's one organization that you don't want to feel sorry for, its MLSE. Reading countless bitching threads about anything and everything is starting to make me feel for the staff at MLSE...

We could win the MLS Cup - and someone would bitch that the parade route was wrong...

Carts...

it seems that way

jazzy
03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Really? This thread complains about the scarf?

Oh my....

MLSE. you are terrible for not pleasing all 20000 fans. BASTARDS

excuse me, 17000 fans , ... to be exact he said complaining............................... .......lol

Red4ever
03-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Love the scarf, Kudos to MLSE for not giving us another red scarf. I'm a CMNT fan, an arsenal fan, a TFC fan and Red patch boy. I have enough red to last a lifetime. I was itching to get my hands on one of these since I first saw them

jabbronies
03-29-2011, 10:28 PM
WE WON 2-NIL...

then you're not a real supporter :D

ExiledRed
03-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Another bitch thread...

Call it feedback from customers.

I take the brand identity of the team seriously, and worry when bored designers take liberties with it. There is also the concern that this is veiled market research to see how much colour variation we can handle, and this translates to - "How can we alter the brand regularly to maximise new merchandise and render old merchandise obsolete?".

Another bitch thread...

The percentage of for and against is important here. 50/50 and the scarf isn't succesful. Trust me, MLSE want to know this. Every company wants feedback on its products.

irrelevant stop calling me a bitch.

TFC John
03-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I didn't mind the scarves, but did you see that Supporters' Kit they unveiled at halftime? That really sucked!

If ML$E FO is still reading 3 pages into a bitch thread like this (and why would they be?) After 5 years of scarves it might be time to go a different direction. A beer mug might be impractical but they do sell souvenir pop cups at the concession stands that have unlimited refills. I bought one on Saturday and will be getting free pop all year long. It would be sweet if the season seat package came with something that you could bring to every game and get something for free. Maybe not free beer or free pop but something. Perhaps it could be a plastic bowl and every week you could get a different food item put into it for free. That way they could encourage fans to try the different foods that they sell. When we play Dallas you might get some nacho chips. When we play Chivas there might be chili. At the Philly game it could be a sandwich. Only SSH would have these and not all of them would bother to collect their free gift but it would be something to make SSH feel special.

Also, is my memory correct in thinking that this was the "free game" they gave us after the town hall meetings last year? If so, thanks. A win is the nicest thing you can give us. I'll take one of those over a scarf any day.

Parkdale
03-30-2011, 09:07 AM
http://www.hastings-crystal.co.uk/images/red-houndstooth-scarf.jpg

wow...

check the new France scarf.

http://photos.madeinsport.com/E11/414562_401_A_1_900.jpg

^ I don't care what anyone says, that is a dead sexy scarf!!!

Parkdale
03-30-2011, 09:08 AM
A beer mug might be impractical but they do sell souvenir pop cups at the concession stands that have unlimited refills. I bought one on Saturday and will be getting free pop all year long.

WOW - I will be doing the same! Now that is a great deal!

ExiledRed
03-30-2011, 09:21 AM
I didn't mind the scarves, but did you see that Supporters' Kit they unveiled at halftime? That really sucked!

If ML$E FO is still reading 3 pages into a bitch thread like this (and why would they be?)

Its a less expensive way of getting feedback than issuing questionaires.
It also gives them a good feel for how succesful the scarf was. Do you honestly think that marketers, merchandisers and the like, working for a massive corporation ignore feedback like this because its 'bitching'?

I actually disliked last years scarf too, but accepted it because it didnt conflict with the brand ID too much. This year I feel that experimentation with the branding could get worse should MLSE feel the scarf was succesful, so Im voicing my concern.

Again, I dont appreciate being called a bitch.

TFC OZZ
03-30-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't think the white scarves are that bad actually. I've got plenty of red ones.

bones
03-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Another bitch thread...

WE WON 2-NIL...

Carts...

Only 2!!! ffs ;)

I liked the fact that they tried to create something that more people would wear as an every day thing to work perhaps and spread the brand, get more recognition.

We have multiple options for scarves including the mostly black player of the year scarves. I'm still partial to the original TORONTO bar scarf myself but I didn't think the white was that bad. They could have finished the ends properly though ;)

Bones...

Nodoubtguy
03-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Still looking to get a scarf....PM ME!!

Got one!

Carts
03-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Still looking to get a scarf....PM ME!!

Based on the thread - there should be a bunch of people willing to unload their scarf to you...

Parkdale
03-30-2011, 10:53 AM
yeah, no kidding.

pekduck
03-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Based on the thread - there should be a bunch of people willing to unload their scarf to you...

interesting perspective.

carts.. your avatar is making me thirsty for beer.... real beer.... not the garbage i had to deal with down in Kansas....

Carts
03-30-2011, 10:56 AM
interesting perspective.

carts.. your avatar is making me thirsty for beer.... real beer.... not the garbage i had to deal with down in Kansas....

I'm trying to make people mentally happy drunks :D

We need all the positivity we can get around here...

Carts:

PS: that is like a "commercial pour" right there as well!

pekduck
03-30-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm trying to make people mentally happy drunks :D

We need all the positivity we can get around here...

Carts:

PS: that is like a "commercial pour" right there as well!

resisting to go to Joe's for lunch and drinks...

resisting..............

Glenchen29
04-01-2011, 01:03 AM
White is the international sign for giving up, wave the white rag, throw in the towel. Perhaps TFC management has thrown in the towl by including it in your ticket package?

Fort York Redcoat
04-01-2011, 06:20 AM
That's funny. We were waving white flags when we beat Portland last week.

Menelaos
04-01-2011, 06:24 AM
White is the international sign for giving up, wave the white rag, throw in the towel. Perhaps TFC management has thrown in the towl by including it in your ticket package?

Or....

It is just a bloody white scarf.

People really have a way of over analyzing absolutely everything. Bet you they would have had a problem with any color/design picked.

tiberius
07-10-2011, 02:22 PM

TFC management is smarter than we think - they knew enough to give us white surrender scarves in March - knowing that we would need them now.

I have clearly underestimated the FO's evil genius. Long live the surrender scarf! I think I will bring it along to games now and wave it every time we are scored on, or we get a bad ref call... Thanks TFC!