PDA

View Full Version : The 111/112 Flags

canadian_bhoy
03-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Just want to say thanks to all the people who took the time to make those flags and put them in the seats today. Pre-game it looked amazing and hopefully it looked good when people held them up.

700 flags looked amazing.

next step - 3000 for the whole south end!

Thanks everyone!:scarf:

Hey - remember when we won against portland?

MG42
03-26-2011, 10:09 PM
The flags looked great, can't wait to see some pics.

Keyman
03-26-2011, 10:20 PM
111 looked amazing in the late stages of the game, around the 90th minute.

gardooney
03-26-2011, 10:34 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/gardooney/IMG_3158.jpghttp://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u28/gardooney/IMG_3157.jpg

james
03-26-2011, 10:50 PM
what was the atmospher like at the game compared to previous seasons??

Detroit_TFC
03-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Not a good benchmark game - the wind (and wind chill) was brutal, dampened things to some extent during the game.

Post game at gate 3 was great, in my opinion.

Bars92
03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Post game was great for sure!

Roogsy
03-26-2011, 10:58 PM
I have video at the end of the game of most of the flags (the ones not wet on the floor) up and flying high.

It was pretty sweet. I will put it up tomorrow.

james
03-26-2011, 11:01 PM
ya are stadium is horrible with the wind and the open stadium it really takes away from the atmosphere on a reguler basis with crazy weather. Seattle and Portland are already passing us now in the loud atmosphere department... Montreal maybe next with there new inprovements to the stadium and joining MLS in 2012. We are starting to fall behind in what TFC fans was once known for.

Roogsy
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
The stadium is what it is.

We just gotta keep doing our thing.

Other teams may be coming in and starting to bring in atmosphere, but we will forever be known for kickstarting the supporter movement in MLS.

Just like Barra Brava before us, there are always pioneers and we are among them. You can't begrudge when other teams learn from us and help foster a similar environment. We can take pride that we played our part in that happening.

I wouldn't worry too much about Vancouver though...the Whitecaps are doing everything in their power to kill the atmosphere at their games including thinking that soccer moms will help carry the atmosphere so much so that they are casting aside their largest and most fervent supporter group. Big mistake and they will learn it the hard way.

james
03-26-2011, 11:06 PM

true, deffinitly gotta keep trying to raise the bar as other teams supporters are getting much better as well. Its good for MLS tho. And hopefully oneday BMO can be more enclosed to help the atmosphere stay in the stadium!

james
03-26-2011, 11:45 PM

Other teams may be coming in and starting to bring in atmosphere, but we will forever be known for kickstarting the supporter movement in MLS.

Just like Barra Brava before us, there are always pioneers and we are among them. You can't begrudge when other teams learn from us and help foster a similar environment. We can take pride that we played our part in that happening.

I wouldn't worry too much about Vancouver though...the Whitecaps are doing everything in their power to kill the atmosphere at their games including thinking that soccer moms will help carry the atmosphere so much so that they are casting aside their largest and most fervent supporter group. Big mistake and they will learn it the hard way.

ya from what ive seen on the whitecaps vs TFC is sure it looked good to see the seats all full of fans....but they had no banners, no real Supporter group, no real tifos or Ultra style flags any chants they had were your very basic typical North American chants such us "lets go whitecaps, clap clap clap". And i believe there was no standing section. Its disapointing to see. However there 2 closest rivals Portland and Seattle who i think are going to be the two loudest supporters in MLS this year will blow Vancoucer fans away and show them how its sapose to be done. I think it will be interresting to see what Montreal will do, wil they encourage there current small but passionate Ultras they have now and let it grow or will they force them out and encourage soccer moms like Vancoucer??

jazzy
03-27-2011, 12:22 AM

a little quieter but everyone was amazing and full of great fun and vigor...the sun was amazing....one of the more enjoyable games in a long time, although I did dress for it

BFin
03-27-2011, 12:22 AM
There sapose da be gud.

Blazer
03-27-2011, 05:52 AM

This game was not a good barometer to gauge our progress or to diagnose where we’re at as a collective. It was too cold and windy for everyone to be as involved as they would have probably liked. It’s not an excuse but rather an observation.

Lotsa new faces too.