PDA

View Full Version : Carver Post Game - Venom is thy name

DigzTFC!
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Go to Launch player - interviews

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/

Carver was absolutely pissed. He talked briefly about 1 or 2 additions at the end. What was more interesting is that he seemed pissed at the guys he subbed off. He talked about lack of effort and that he can cancel guys' contracts and send them home. Now, Dichio and Ricketts are not going anywhere, but Robert....I think that was a warning shot for the frenchman. Watching him over the last month and a half, I'm starting to see why clubs have gotten rid of him.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
I think the interview has already been posted.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2689

DigzTFC!
07-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Sorry, didn't see it. Can we use this thread to talk about what he said....not buffering problems?

giambac
07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Go to Launch player - interviews

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/

Carver was absolutely pissed. He talked briefly about 1 or 2 additions at the end. What was more interesting is that he seemed pissed at the guys he subbed off. He talked about lack of effort and that he can cancel guys' contracts and send them home. Now, Dichio and Ricketts are not going anywhere, but Robert....I think that was a warning shot for the frenchman. Watching him over the last month and a half, I'm starting to see why clubs have gotten rid of him.

Carver should be more concerned about his bone head decisions and he is the one who should be sent back home.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Carver should be more concerned about his bone head decisions and he is the one who should be sent back home.

for once your right his bone head decisions to give any time to Danny dichio and jim brennan must be questioned..these guys have worn out their welcome in TO...time for them to move on..talk about fucking lazy about these two....that chan in the supporters section...he bald hes' slow he;s Danny dichio fits to a tee and the supoorters end getting on jimmy B was a welcome sight, they are catching upto his act.

TFC Tifoso
07-02-2008, 02:21 PM
for once your right his bone head decisions to give any time to Danny dichio and jim brennan must be questioned..these guys have worn out their welcome in TO...time for them to move on..talk about fucking lazy about these two....that chan in the supporters section...he bald hes' slow he;s Danny dichio fits to a tee and the supoorters end getting on jimmy B was a welcome sight, they are catching upto his act.

Right so I suppose Carver should sit his captain and leading scorer....there's a good idea.....just silly. What is your alternative, may I ask?

Anyways, it is just me or does Carver always have that, "Are you fucking stupid, or what?" look on his face every time he answers a question from our media?....quite funny actually :D

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Anyways, it is just me or does Carver always have that, "Are you fucking stupid, or what?" look on his face every time he answers a question from our media?....quite funny actually :D

It's fucking class.

It's the look I give my wife sixteen times a day LMAO

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM

Yes...let's send Carver home. It's not like we have a better record this year than last.

No wait.

But sure...we won't look amateur sending him back after 3 months right?

:rolleyes:

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
is there any way of playing this with the break ups?

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Right so I suppose Carver should sit his captain and leading scorer....there's a good idea.....just silly. What is your alternative, may I ask?

if the captain is not performing then YES sit him!!!:mad:

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:39 PM

What is this based on? Comments like this ruin your credibility because they aren't absed on anything other than your own personal opinion. Why don't you start a thread with a poll to see if anyone agrees with you.

madzap
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Carver has just got to find a better way to inspire them, it was working at the start of the season, but recently it's not working. Maybe if he'd stop ranting at the officials and fans and focus that energy on the team. I do love it when he says "I've just told you" and the implied "dumb fuck".

SLBuu
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
what can you really blame carver for? From what i've read he wants people to put the blame on him which is admirable but why should we? Just asking, cuz the way i see it he stated that 'he put out the players so he should be blamed for the loss'.

Well.......

I think it would be easier to blame him if we lost with harmse in the middle and the rest of our subs out there.

but we didn't...........

we lost with a first team starters on the field...... if you look at the subs he made that changed the game than can you blame Carver at all?

Dichio...... our leading scorer
Ricketts.... came off a stellar display a couple of games ago and hoping get back into it, and what better way than against a USL team?
Robert...... *cough*

Carver put out a team to win, our FIRST TEAM. How can we really blame him?

TFC Tifoso
07-02-2008, 02:49 PM
It's fucking class.

It's the look I give my wife sixteen times a day LMAO

LOL....for better and for worse, JC has injected so much life into this team....well hopefully Carver will not only look over the players but also his own tactics and policies...the past few games show there's a need for improvement all around.

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
what can you really blame carver for? From what i've read he wants people to put the blame on him which is admirable but why should we? Just asking, cuz the way i see it he stated that 'he put out the players so he should be blamed for the loss'.

Well.......

I think it would be easier to blame him if we lost with harmse in the middle and the rest of our subs out there.

but we didn't...........

we lost with a first team starters on the field...... if you look at the subs he made that changed the game than can you blame Carver at all?

Dichio...... our leading scorer
Ricketts.... came off a stellar display a couple of games ago and hoping get back into it, and what better way than against a USL team?
Robert...... *cough*

Carver put out a team to win, our FIRST TEAM. How can we really blame him?

Can't agree more... football is about the players on the pitch. They are pro's, this is their job. Carver can guide them but he isn't out there placing them on the field like fucking chess pieces. They are big boys that should know how to answer the call when they are in the starting XI.

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:52 PM

He started all of the players that you were complaining about missing the past 2 games. Should he have started the same lineup used against KC in your opinion? At least that sqaud managed a draw.

TFC Tifoso
07-02-2008, 02:52 PM
if the captain is not performing then YES sit him!!!:mad:

sure fair enough, but to say that you wonder how Dichio or Brennan get ANY time, like you did a few posts ago, is probably not correct either.
Brennan has been good all season, and we have no other alternative to Dichio at striker.

Chevy
07-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Dichio lazy?? What team have you been watching these last two years?:confused:

Rochdale
07-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Carver was a disgrace yesterday with his pitch side antics. He was having a go at the Vancouver coach all game then the fourth offical, the crowd and then giving the ball boy a spray for not throwing the ball quickly to Wynne. Carver worry about the team.

TFC07
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM

Carver = Sam Mitchell.

TFC Tifoso
07-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Carver = Sam Mitchell.

Let's hope not!!!! :eek:

invictusTFC
07-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Lets face it it was the players who lost this fucking game. They came out like they were going to play a friendly and they got their asses handed to them for doing so. You can't blame Carver. I'm sure he prepared for this game like he would any other. Judging by the press conference he was as angry about losing this game as any one of us, so you know his head was into it. The players dropped the ball here not the coach. JC realized this and made the necessary changes. It was a completely different team in the second half. The question now is how are Ricketts, Dichio and Robert going to react after being signaled out like that? I see Dichio coming out fierce and hungry for the next game, but both Robert and Ricketts have been known to whine and sulk throughout their careers. This could really hurt this team if these players refuse to pull their heads out of their asses.

Technorgasm
07-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Right fromCarver. . . . is this egg'n for more signings from Mo?
ala: HUCKERBY?

"WE KNOW WE NEED BETER QUALITY IN FRONT OF GOAL"

"UNLESS WE HAVE ONE OR TWO ADDITIONS"

Technorgasm
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
The question now is how are Ricketts, Dichio and Robert going to react after being signaled out like that? I see Dichio coming out fierce and hungry for the next game, but both Robert and Ricketts have been known to whine and sulk throughout their careers. This could really hurt this team if these players refuse to pull their heads out of their asses.

They way Robert looks about the field its as if the game is beneathhim

Rickets just had an off day, I am sure of it. .when he is hungry for the ball, he cant be stopped.

Robert on the other hand seemss to be looking for set-play glory.

I could be wrong here. . . but I will call out Ricketts as being top notch, and did not [play to his normal standard.

Maybe JC wants / expects morefrom them? I know we all do.

I doubt we will under estimate a USL team EVER again

CoachGT
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I doubt we will under estimate a USL team EVER again

I would have thought that at least some of the players would have remembered the defeat at the hands of the Charleston Battery. We weren't in that game either. Seems like a very close comparison. The Charleston game, while preseason, was after a string of successive games in a relatively short period of time - six games in about two and a half weeks. The team seemed tired and distracted with having been away for a while.

This team has shown shades of last year over the past few games, ever since DC. The inability to finish ranks right up there.

I've got to wonder, though, what is happening with Edu. He couldn't seem to make a good decision out there at all - every touch seemed an adventure, passes were misdirected, didn't seem to know where his teammates were and was bailed out a few times by sloppy play by the Whitecaps midfielders. Other than one good shot in the last ten minutes, Edu was taking up valuable space on the field. I can't help but wonder if he's leaving his "A" game for the USMNT.

PaulinosTFC
07-02-2008, 08:46 PM

This is why alot of you part-time fans are fucking pathetic. Making mock chants for someone like Dichio just cuz "he hasn't scored today". It's not a fucking secret that he's slow but at least he can put the ball in the back of the net which is alot more than I can say for most of our players (Guevara, Cunningham, Smith).

I see people here praising Jarrod smith like he's actualy done something all year. I don't give a rat's ass how fast or how many moves a guy has if you manage to hit the crossbar with an open net from 2 fucking yards out you deserve to be shipped back to fucking new zealand.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
For some people...unless Dichio scores every game, it's not good enough. Thankfully, the stats speak for themselves. Until he stops scoring for TFC, all these calls for Dichio's head are nothing but hot worthless air. They want Dichio out and replace him with who???

PaulinosTFC
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM
For some people...unless Dichio scores every game, it's not good enough. Thankfully, the stats speak for themselves. Until he stops scoring for TFC, all these calls for Dichio's head are nothing but hot worthless air. They want Dichio out and replace him with who???

No one, until we sign a pure striker. In which case Dichio will be more of a holding/off the bench striker, hopefully, in a 4-4-2 or something similar with 2 up front. The amount of bullshit on these boards is ridiculous. They were much better last season when it wasn't watered down with all these cunts that obviously know nothing about being a soccer fan. With comments like "Fire Carver!" and "Dichio should be selling hot dogs!", I think it's time we loosen the rules on banning these idiots who shouldn't even be watching pro sports.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 09:24 PM
"Nobody is safe on this team. I can cancel their contract tomorrow and they can leave - go home."

Love it.

Derko
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Wasn't that the best XI that played against Vancouver. In your eyes 'giambac' pre match was that the team that you would have fielded if you were the coach, I ask? of course it is you have said it yourself, what happened was the players did not take the game seriously and perform up to potential.

Take note of the comment below:

Carver said. "I'll take responsibility. I put that team out in the first half and that team did not perform up to the standards we have set for this club."

I accept Carver's comments

My opinion.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
What is this based on? Comments like this ruin your credibility because they aren't absed on anything other than your own personal opinion. Why don't you start a thread with a poll to see if anyone agrees with you.

it was not just we there was more people feeling the same way...why is that so hard to understand? and if there play continues, well well see where it goes from there.

netsan
07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I would trade Edu and Robinson to the Whitecaps for their equivalents. Robinson has gotten a mean streak lately, but it hasn't translated into good decision making on the field.

As for Edu, his nickname should be BACK PASSER. That's all he does.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Dichio lazy?? What team have you been watching these last two years?:confused:
\
the man is as fast as an Edsel at Indy for christ sakes. He has the hight for headers, but thats about it...bring him on in the second half when we need someone in the box trying to tie/win a game.

noochie
07-02-2008, 10:36 PM
it was not just we there was more people feeling the same way...why is that so hard to understand? and if there play continues, well well see where it goes from there.

Fair enough... it isn't hard to understand that at least 2 people have the same opinion as you although I still believe that you are in the minority especially on Brennan who was the heart and soul of this team last year. He played through broken ribs and you are jabbing him about wearing out his welcome. I don't see how you can question his heart and ability after that and the caps he puts in with the national team.

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Fair enough... it isn't hard to understand that at least 2 people have the same opinion as you although I still believe that you are in the minority especially on Brennan who was the heart and soul of this team last year. He played through broken ribs and you are jabbing him about wearing out his welcome. I don't see how you can question his heart and ability after that and the caps he puts in with the national team.

when he on form Breenan can plauy with anyone no question,but some fans think hes perfect and doesn't make error which is not right either.
Getting Capped by Canada is easy they would take anone at the moment.
I hope this liitle winless streak comes to an end this weekend, see if Carver gives the reserves a run out and save the starters on the bench,