PDA

View Full Version : A TFC reason to attend a Marlies game, who would have thought it.

Red CB Toronto
03-24-2011, 12:53 PM
All you diehards who need to have everything TFC take note. On April 3rd for the Marlies game against Manitoba at 1 pm, they will be giving away Julian de Guzman bobble heads as you enter the arena.

I kind of wonder why this is not happening at the Reds game the day before against Chivas or at least the Marlies game at 5 pm on the 2nd when you still have a bunch of TFC supporters still in the area post game. Could be a way to get them into the building.

http://www.marlies.ca/fanzone/GameDayPromos.asp

menefreghista
03-24-2011, 12:54 PM
This was announced months ago.

I'd rather go to the Jays game that same day and get the Jose Bautista bobblehead.

Pachuco
03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Definately going for the Bautista bobblehead myself.

Red CB Toronto
03-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeh that is a good idea for sure, but I am really looking forward to Robbie Alomar day at the end of July, now that will be one to bring back the memories of greatness on the field, as I will be in Cooperstown the week before for his HOF induction.

CommradePolski
03-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Cant we get both bobble heads?

Globetrotter
03-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Aren't we grown men that don't need bobble heads? :D

Menelaos
03-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Heck I'd want one, but not enough to pay for Marlies tickets.

BFin
03-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Thread #6 for the day...

FluSH
03-24-2011, 03:05 PM
All you diehards who need to have everything TFC take note. On April 3rd for the Marlies game against Manitoba at 1 pm, they will be giving away Julian de Guzman bobble heads as you enter the arena.

I kind of wonder why this is not happening at the Reds game the day before against Chivas or at least the Marlies game at 5 pm on the 2nd when you still have a bunch of TFC supporters still in the area post game. Could be a way to get them into the building.

I'll tell you why...

These would be thrown back at the pitch!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04cf3iYdCsd2U/610x.jpg

Can you imagine 20,000 JDG bobble heads flying accross the pitch LOL

Oldtimer
03-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I need a bobble head, a jetsey, and a media guide :)

TFCRegina
03-24-2011, 03:21 PM
I'll tell you why...

These would be thrown back at the pitch!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04cf3iYdCsd2U/610x.jpg

Can you imagine 20,000 JDG bobble heads flying accross the pitch LOL

I would certainly be a sight. And quite fitting if JDG scored his first goal with TFC.

Serb_Star
03-24-2011, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't go to a Marlies game even if you paid me.

BFin
03-24-2011, 07:02 PM
I hear they're giving away Kia hats again this year at one of the final home games for TFC...I will start a brand new thread when that arises.

Waggy
03-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeh that is a good idea for sure, but I am really looking forward to Robbie Alomar day at the end of July, now that will be one to bring back the memories of greatness on the field, as I will be in Cooperstown the week before for his HOF induction.

Is there an RPB contingent going down? I'm going with 4 or 5 friends for the weekend. Would be down for some chanting/singing before/after Alomar and Gillick speak

TorCanSoc
03-24-2011, 08:20 PM

This goes without saying, but, if you're a Marlies fan why the hell would this be appealing?

Marlies marketing team has us figured out. We as a fan base, are that rabid about this soccer team, that we'd endure a 2nd tier hockey just for trinkets?

We're sad. ...cause phkn'ell.... I want one !!! :)

romburgundy
03-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Will trade 2 home opener seats for 2 Bobblehead seats. And I dont even like JDG! We are sad. Any takers?

tim90
03-25-2011, 12:07 PM
i will like marlies tix

SuperTCP
03-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I am going, something cheap to do with my kids and my sister who loves hockey. Looking forward to owning the first ever TFC bobblehead.

Will post pick once i get one.

RedRum
03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Marlies games are great value for kids, my guy had a blast every time he went. Tip: wait till the day before or day of the game... no problem getting tix for $5-$7 off craigslist.

dupont
03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Marlies games are great value for kids, my guy had a blast every time he went. Tip: wait till the day before or day of the game... no problem getting tix for $5-$7 off craigslist.

The funny thing is I hated it going so much when I was forced to buy them with the partial packs... but when I went with my Grandfather on my own terms recently, I actually had a good time.

I think it actually hurt the brand to force people to go. If you don't feel forced then it's easier to give it a real chance.

SuperTCP
03-30-2011, 08:58 AM
The funny thing is I hated it going so much when I was forced to buy them with the partial packs... but when I went with my Grandfather on my own terms recently, I actually had a good time.

I think it actually hurt the brand to force people to go. If you don't feel forced then it's easier to give it a real chance.

I agree, I said this last year to my ticket rep when I was forced to but the Ransom pack. They should have just given the tickets to malries for free, rather then force them upon soccer fans, and then they may have generated some interest and new fans out of the deal. Looks like someone listened as they gave a free pair this year with the partial packs, although a few years two late.

mdc 77
03-30-2011, 11:00 AM
I could careless about a bobblehead...seriously?

I'm always puzzled by the hate for the Marlies. It's good value from an organization that doesn't know much about good value. Its also a fantastic venue for hockey and that hockey is pretty decent.

Carts
03-30-2011, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't go to a Marlies game even if you paid me.

If someone wanted to give me a handful of cash and free beer - I'd go...

Ok, lets be honest - I'll go for the free beer... :drinking:

Carts... :D

Suds
03-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I could careless about a bobblehead...seriously?

I'm always puzzled by the hate for the Marlies. It's good value from an organization that doesn't know much about good value. Its also a fantastic venue for hockey and that hockey is pretty decent.

It was not a hate for the Marlies. Is was a hate for being forced to buy something people did not want because it was tied to something they did want to buy.

I bet if MLSE made it an opt-in a lot of people would have taken advantage of it and it would have been a good experience. Instead, they went with the negative option and forced the purchase of Marlies tickets. Nobody likes to be forced to pay for something they do not want.

Fort York Redcoat
03-30-2011, 11:35 AM
^Exactly. It just so happens some like the Marlies. Good for them. If it was the Rock or the Nationals maybe Marlies fans would understand. I want A. Don't give me a bit of A if I buy B.

SuperTCP
04-04-2011, 08:58 AM
The first TFC Bobblehead Pictured below- JDG: