PDA

View Full Version : Seedorf- possibly coming to N. America

trane
03-23-2011, 06:53 PM
I have heard this from mutliple sources, Milan related. He is still good, but is not a full time player, he will most likely not be resigned by Milan, as they are clearing sallary room to rejuvinate. Clearly he knows how to play in the system. I could see him play as a CM/AM.

I am not saying this will happend, just putting it out there.

Pachuco
03-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Jesus. Seedorf and JDG playing together could be what JDG needs. This would be one heck of a signing if we got him. You have to think that having such an experienced player who knows the system would do wonders for the kids trying to learn the system.

I would love to see this signing. Winter make it happen.

trane
03-23-2011, 06:57 PM
^ They defenetly know each other.

By the way he can still score when he has playing time. I would expect him to be able to contribute like 5-10 per season.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-23-2011, 06:59 PM
itd be amazing but itd also be a matter of whether he'd wanna come over

backbeat
03-23-2011, 07:00 PM
I have heard this from mutliple sources, Milan related. He is still good, but is not a full time player, he will most likely not be resigned by Milan, as they are clearing sallary room to rejuvinate. Clearly he knows how to play in the system. I could see him play as a CM/AM.

now that would be really interesting - the linking with JDG would be brilliant and Winter would be well aware of his qualities - - i'm sure it's a long shot but man it would work with this system....

trane
03-23-2011, 07:05 PM
^ That is why I put it out there, long shot but I have now heard/read about North America several times, and the fit could be great. A long shot but interesting.

ManUtd4ever
03-23-2011, 07:15 PM
I think TFC supporters would be content if Seedorf was Winter's first DP signing...

greatwhitenorf
03-23-2011, 07:44 PM
He was so badly outplayed by Sandro in the first half of the first CL game against Spurs that he was subbed off after 45.

Came back with an outstanding effort in the second game. Showed character and desire.

Compatriots Winter and de Klerk would surely get the best out of him, the many AC Milan fans here would make him feel at home. I'd be happy to see him join us.

Gazza
03-23-2011, 07:49 PM
I'd be worried about his fitness and pace. I haven't watched him play enough the passed couple of years, so i'm sure others can speak more intelligently towards those issues. And having said that, i would still do a happy dance.

You talk about a perfect fit for a system.

torontocelt
03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Seedorf is still a fantastic player, could still play at a far higher level than mls that is for sure.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Bring it

TFCRegina
03-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Another midfielder! We need fullbacks...

ensco
03-24-2011, 06:53 AM
What's the angle? MLSE would never pay up for him because he wouldn't put fannies in the seats.

I think we have to assume that when "Fading Big Club Player X" says he might be interested in "America" or "North America", they never mean Toronto.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2011, 06:59 AM
hate to say it man but thats jumping to conclusions, im sure if they believed mariner and winter wanted him theyd sign him up, dont necessarily believe that MLSE will only sign DPs to fill seats.

I do definitely agree with your second statement tho, rarely do i think Toronto is a consideration for alot if not the majority of these guys

torontocelt
03-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Seedorf has one one of the best trophy laden histories of any player in the world, his achievements are immense. I would certainly pay to go see him as would fans of Ajax, Holland, both Milan's and Real Madrid. With Seedorf you know he would always give his best and he wouldn't just be here for a laze about. The guy is a born winner with unlimited knowledge of playing at the very highest level, any MLS team would do well do get him. Seeing as how the MLSE are not dying to use our second DP spot or buy our third DP spot then I would take him if that was what was offered. Our team is shit, Seedorf would for sure make it a lot better.

Technorgasm
03-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Seedorf >> Henry.

LEGEND

ochos
03-24-2011, 07:36 AM
I think TFC supporters would be content if Seedorf was Winter's first DP signing...

Content? More like absolutely thrilled! The guy makes Marquez look like a droopy-eyed armless child. He's got Adonis DNA and tiger blood.

In all seriousness though, Seedorf is not just a washed up legend. Anyone who's watched him play the past couple years can see just how intelligent of a footballer he is. I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's garnered more history and respect for himself than this club will have for many years to come.

maninb
03-24-2011, 07:46 AM

Saw him on a English football program on Saturday...he said "he'd like to finish his career in the EPL...so the odds of him coming here are slim to none....

Detroit_TFC
03-24-2011, 08:16 AM
^ I remember hearing this quote too, and being irritated because of the previous rumors he was coming to US.

trane
03-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Pace he has, fitness he works on, and that is up and down. But he is not another midfield player, he is very flexible, being able to play any mid position very well, as well as SS/FW.

As for the EPL I know that Chelsea has expressed interest.

drewski
03-24-2011, 08:44 AM
hate to say it man but thats jumping to conclusions, im sure if they believed mariner and winter wanted him theyd sign him up, dont necessarily believe that MLSE will only sign DPs to fill seats.

I do definitely agree with your second statement tho, rarely do i think Toronto is a consideration for alot if not the majority of these guys

his name migth not add butts to seats, but him (or any DP) that helps us turn the corner

DangerRed
03-24-2011, 08:47 AM
He's said several times he wants to finish his career in a big league like the EPL. This isn't happening. You heard it here first.

Technorgasm
03-24-2011, 08:48 AM
ROBBIE FOWLER to tfc.. you heard it here first. . . . (2 years ago)

trane
03-24-2011, 04:42 PM
The only reason I can see him not going to the big league, is that he may not want to ride the bench to much, and if he does it he would only do it with a top CL club. He was clearly disapointed, that Milan did not win at WHL, he realy wanted to make a CL run with the team one more time. I would also not be suprised if he retired and took on a position with the team. He seems very happy with live in Milan, god knows he has spent alot of his live there.

But I want to be clear this is not something that I am expecting, Seedorf to TFC, just a thought, based on rumours I heard on several occasions, the EPL thing I also heard, but not from his mouth, as others have said they have.

Super
03-24-2011, 05:01 PM
I want a DP striker. I've wanted one since the very beginning of TFC, and yet one has yet to show for us. Vancouver signed one, and sure enough he scored 2 goals in his first game and gave them a massive win in the very first game. Sure, it was against us (worst team in the league according to many) - but still goes to show the power of signing a DP striker.

Anything other than that won't get me excited.

And no, I most definitely wouldn't take Seedorf (as awesome as he is) over a DP striker. A proven goalscorer is what we need most of all - and until we get one I fear we'll continue to be shit.

Ontario Arab
03-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Have to agree.......ball in the back of the net wins games....DP Striker or nothing for me.....

Gazza
03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Have to agree.......ball in the back of the net wins games....DP Striker or nothing for me.....

He'd better be able to put in a couple a game since we'll need to win 5-4 on most nights.

Ontario Arab
03-24-2011, 05:44 PM
LOL....Gazza get yer boots back on mate will ya lol

Yohan
03-24-2011, 11:31 PM
I want a DP striker. I've wanted one since the very beginning of TFC, and yet one has yet to show for us. Vancouver signed one, and sure enough he scored 2 goals in his first game and gave them a massive win in the very first game. Sure, it was against us (worst team in the league according to many) - but still goes to show the power of signing a DP striker.
uhm. did you forget about Mista? ;)

greatwhitenorf
03-25-2011, 03:16 AM
I don't see him as a candidate for EPL. Not at age 35. In many ways, MLS offers him the best possibilities.

He'd be top of the class for talent, experience and character and smart enough to pick his spots regarding when to play hard and when to let others carry the hod. But he'd be looked up to for guidance both in training and in game situations, even if he was on the bench.

I was excited to see Winter, De Klerk and Mariner come on board. This is the sort of player I envision their great contacts bringing to our club. Be a great fit, both with the squad and with the fans.

trane
03-25-2011, 08:52 AM
^ I agree about the EPL, I can only see him as a bench player for a CL team. There is not alot of options there.

Stouffville_RPB
04-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Reports are out that Seedorf is signing with Corinthians.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/report-seedorf-reaches-agreement-with-corinthians/

trane
04-06-2011, 11:32 AM
^ Wow, that would be surpsing. Brazil, is unexpected.

Whoop
04-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah, there aren't many Europeans playing in the Brazilian league.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-06-2011, 11:43 AM
bit disappointed if he'd take brasil over MLS

ginkster88
04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Only one explanation:

http://www.bdwebnews.com/images/fb_fan__brazil.jpg

Belfast_Boy
04-06-2011, 11:48 AM
bit disappointed if he'd take brasil over MLS

Only one explanation:

Nuff said!

would love to see him play. always enjoyed his cannon of a shot!

trane
04-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah, there aren't many Europeans playing in the Brazilian league.

Funny, in the past year, I have notice a couple of names, and they always suprise me.

Still very interesting plave to play, clearly superior football to MLS.

Detroit_TFC
04-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Only one explanation:

Could I get that packaged for take out? Thx!

Beach_Red
04-06-2011, 12:40 PM
What's the angle? MLSE would never pay up for him because he wouldn't put fannies in the seats.

I think we have to assume that when "Fading Big Club Player X" says he might be interested in "America" or "North America", they never mean Toronto.

A little off-topic (though not close to award-winning ;)), but do you think MLSE felt that JDG would put fannies in the seats?

FreekAce
04-06-2011, 12:46 PM
A little off-topic (though not close to award-winning ;)), but do you think MLSE felt that JDG would put fannies in the seats?

canadian hometown boy playing in la liga and cmnt? think that's exactly what they were thinking. we didnt bring him in on a 1.7 mil contract to be a defensive mid....those come cheaper.

Huyton
04-06-2011, 01:02 PM
I think they signed him to stop fannies LEAVING seats.

Hasn't worked.

Hmmm...out goes DeRo, in comes Seedorf? Okay...I'm good with that!

s2cazz
04-06-2011, 01:03 PM

Trane you know my feelings about AC Milan lol but I would definitely welcome this. Him and Nesta were the stars of the derby on the weekend in my eyes. I will give credit where credit is due.:D