PDA

View Full Version : Would we want to work with Leafs fans?

Oldtimer
03-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Interesting idea... he's not a Raptors or TFC fan though, but maybe we could work something out...

Darren Thompson has a “crazy dream” to buy the Toronto Maple Leafs — and he’s recruiting Canadians from coast to coast to help him make it a reality.
When he heard that the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan plans to sell its 66 per cent stake in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, the 35-year-old Alberta man built a website to build community support.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/959168--want-to-own-the-leafs-for-1-000-there-s-a-catch

His website:

http://owntheleafs.com/

Beach_Red
03-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Honestly, if I wanted to buy a hockey team there are far, far cheaper ones available than the Leafs.

Now, if they'd consider selling TFC on its own....

Serb_Star
03-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Why would I want some clueless puckhead as owner of TFC and the Raptors?

Whoop
03-23-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't think whoever buys MLSE is going to split off the assets like that though.

So in essence TFC is stuck with the puckheads and b-ballers.

trane
03-23-2011, 12:01 PM
First reaction says no.

BFin
03-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Do the seperate leagues have to approve the sale of MLSE the same way they would approve a sale of a single team?

Would the NHL/NBA/MLS black ball an ownership group like this in the same fashion as Balsillie?

Red CB Toronto
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
No the league would not have to approve the sale since the owner of the teams is not change, the shares are being bought for the parent company.

Well if Rogers were to acquire the 66% stake in MLSE the obvious choice to run the entire sports and entertainment division would be a TFC fans dream in Paul Beaston, a true sports visionary. Beaston is about putting the best people in place and knows what it takes to win.

Technorgasm
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1i5qnOUQ6Ac/TO485efzqMI/AAAAAAAAAFs/vU1CzFZ7fZw/s1600/computer+says+no.jpg

nfitz
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
No the league would not have to approve the sale since the owner of the teams is not change, the shares are being bought for the parent company.So what's stopping Balsillie simply paying through the nose and buying the shares off Teachers?

Which surely would be the best deal for Teachers.

Beach_Red
03-23-2011, 12:30 PM
So what's stopping Balsillie simply paying through the nose and buying the shares off Teachers?

Which surely would be the best deal for Teachers.

Sure, but not for Balsilie. How much was he willing to pay for Nashville or Phoenix? A hundred million? Two hundred million? It's a long way from the over a billion they're asking for if all you get extra is the Raps and TFC.

Of course, that's just the asking price, it'll be interesting to see what the selling price turns out to be.

Redcoe15
03-23-2011, 01:21 PM
No.

Besides, this guy sounds like a delusional hockeypuck who's taken one too many hits to the head. Is this really someone you'd want to work with?

C.Ronaldo
03-24-2011, 09:35 AM
I aleady own $1000 worth

my wife's a teacher. We are trying to sell this thing

FluSH
03-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I aleady own $1000 worth

my wife's a teacher. We are trying to sell this thing

Post of the day!!!