PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy B suspended for July 9

djking2
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Just noticed in the TFC game recap Jimmy's card yesterday followed one in Montreal so he's not available in Vancouver

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Great. The one player who showed any signs of real passion out there yesterday isn't able to play.

djking2
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I was kinda thinking along those lines myself

ComeonyouReds
Don't mistake hot-headedness for passion.

Damien
The good news is refs can't give him a card for breathing on the opposing team :P

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 12:09 PM

I will take any signs of life. Yeah...he is hot-headed but that also feeds the effort he puts on the field...aka passion.

I would have given anything for more of our players to show "hot-headedness".

torfchamilton
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM

I agree!

Although I am a Jimmy B supporter, I have found this year that he has lost his legs. I know Dunivant is injured and hate to say this, but I prefer Dunny over Brennan this year. Jimmy B has not looked good im my eyes this year.

Mark in Ottawa
07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Brennan out & Dunivant injured... so what will the lineup look like?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I agree!

Although I am a Jimmy B supporter, I have found this year that he has lost his legs. I know Dunivant is injured and hate to say this, but I prefer Dunny over Brennan this year. Jimmy B has not looked good im my eyes this year.

Crazy talk

Damien
07-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I agree!

I think this may be because the bar has been raised on the team this year. Guys last year like Lombardo/Reda/Braz made Brennan look like Ronaldinho.

djking2
07-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I agree!

I respectfully disagree.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Brennan out & Dunivant injured... so what will the lineup look like?

Maybe Carver goes with a 3-5-2 like he tried in the 2nd half of the game yesterday?

djking2
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Let me put it this way. I'd rather see Jimmy making the overlappoing runs than marvell. Wynne's faster but Jimmy is way more accurate. Brennan's cross to Dichio for the goal(forget the game right now) was one of the best from TFC this year. His last two games he left nothing on the field

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
And he did give some decent crosses yesterday as well. The forwards in the box made hash out of them, but that's not Jimmy's fault. All of them were hit with the top of their heads and went sailing over the net. Can someone run some heading drills with these guys?

I think Dichio would have put one in, with his height advantage.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 12:22 PM
And he did give some decent crosses yesterday as well. The forwards in the box made hash out of them, but that's not Jimmy's fault. All of them were hit with the top of their heads and went sailing over the net. Can someone run some heading drills with these guys?

I think Dichio would have put one in, with his height advantage.

I remember Smith and Cunningham going up for the same ball that I am pretty sure Brennan put in. Should have been Smith's and I think he did get a head to it but only to smack it off the back of Cunningham's!

djking2
07-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I remember Smith and Cunningham going up for the same ball that I am pretty sure Brennan put in. Should have been Smith's and I think he did get a head to it but only to smack it off the back of Cunningham's!

Fuck I didn't see it that clearly. Finally Cunny gets his head into it and look what the fuck he does

OneLoveOneEric
07-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Brennan was lucky to not have been sent off very early for pushing a player in the throat twice.
He was all over the place yesterday, and Vancouver were clearly under his skin.

Chevy
07-02-2008, 01:14 PM

Exactly. At any given moment he seems ready to punch somebody in the head.

GingerNinja
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Cunningham couldn't head the ball in the net to save his life.

Brennan was open all second half yesterday, no one was getting the ball to him. Once they noticed him they gave it to him too much.

This team seems to lack creativity and vision.

Red CB Toronto
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Jimmy B is the man, captain of the team and plays with great passion, he has a fire in his belly and does not want to lose, he will fight to the final whisle.