PDA

View Full Version : PRE-GAME: Portland Timbers vs. Toronto FC

Nuvinho
03-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Figured we'd have enough of the negativity of the first game and should discuss the home opener.

The only guy on Portland that scares me is Kenny Cooper, he always scores against TFC. Damn, why couldn't we have gotten him.

Don't know if JDG will be back or still a few weeks away. Hopefully Winter moves Cann back to the middle

===============Frei=============
Omphroy==Nana======Cann==Yourassky
=============Bouch==============
========DeRo======Peterson=======
Soolsma===================Martina
============Santos=============

Kc17
03-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Replace Peterson with Zavarise and I like that lineup.

2mil4dero+santo
03-21-2011, 10:03 PM
would like to see that, but not counting on it...

Yohan
03-21-2011, 10:08 PM
From watching Portland vs Colorado last sat, TFC can get the win, esp at home. Portland defence is just as bad as TFC's. They have Goldthwaite and Brunner at CB FFS.

Mind you, TFC will have hands full with Cooper and Perlaza running at the defence, but if TFC learned the lessons from vs Van game, we can get the win.

werewolf
03-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Would rather see DeRo play behind Santos, and move the other CM back to DM and play the World Cup formation.

Cooper is a big striker, like Hassli. It will be interesting to see if the CBs and the backline as a whole get torn apart, or they learned from last week.

TFCRegina
03-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Pull Peterson and put Zavarise. At least Luca had an assist last game on that Santos goal.

denime
03-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Would rather see DeRo play behind Santos, and move the other CM back to DM and play the World Cup formation.

Cooper is a big striker, like Hassli. It will be interesting to see if the CBs and the backline as a whole get torn apart, or they learned from last week.

Something like this

========Bouch======Zavarise=======
=============DeRo==============

brad
03-21-2011, 10:16 PM
From watching Portland vs Colorado last sat, TFC can get the win, esp at home. Portland defence is just as bad as TFC's. They have Goldthwaite and Brunner at CB FFS.

Mind you, TFC will have hands full with Cooper and Perlaza running at the defence, but if TFC learned the lessons from vs Van game, we can get the win.

5-4 to TFC. That's my prediction. Perhaps that is the master plan - hockey like scores to attract the doubters:)

Is Boouchiba fit?

DeRosario
03-21-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't think JDG will be fit for the game and Bouchiba might get a run out but not the start. Here is what I think Winter will do for this game.

As much as I think it would be a good idea to go back to 4-4-2 for the next few games I don't think Winter will do so. I think he's proud of his system and that it can still work. Having said that I think we will see a 4-3-3 again against Portland.

Taking into account the terrible loss last week, playing our home opener and the fact that I believe Portland will struggle this year we will win this game. Although Portland have a great player in Kenny Cooper they could be the only team in MLS that has even less depth than TFC.

Defense:

I'm thinking this time Attakora will move back to the center partnered with Yourassowsky. Omphroy may get the start in right back. However, I see Ty Harden and Cann being relegated to the bench, at least for this game. Gargan will be in the left back position.

Midfield:

The midfield was effective in attack for the first 15 minutes or so last week until the defensive duties broke down. Winter may very well start with Soolsma and Sturgis together with DeRo again. However, part of the problem against Vancouver was that the whole team was not tracking back to defend. If Winter is still pressing to make his system work we will see more of the entire team defending as a unit and not leaving gaping holes between midfield and the back four.

Front 3:

With Maicon's potential goal of the week I believe he is a lock to start as we don't have forwards even close to his quality at the moment. Martina was also pretty effective on the left and will likely play the same position. Peterson however needs to stay on the right as he is most effective in this position. Not sure if Winter's plan was to have him play centrally last game or if he drifted into that position but id did not work.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NbyEXQguavc/TYgReidPoRI/AAAAAAAABFc/UuF-zH_JT-I/s320/TFC+vs+Portland+Prediction-03262011.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Otsap_3EBBs/TYgRhm09UfI/AAAAAAAABFg/1ZQJ16LdV4A/s320/TFC+vs+Portland+Prediction-POR-03262011.jpg

ArmenJBX
03-21-2011, 10:22 PM
^^
That was Yourassowsky

2mil4dero+santo
03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Dero, unfortunately I think you're right about the back line. It's the kind of thing winter would do. I'd like to see Omphroy - Nana - Cann the mann - Yourass but I don't think it will happen.

Serb_Star
03-21-2011, 11:00 PM
How can most of you put Soolsma in the starting lineup? he should be in the stands after his performance against Vancouver.

I think we might make history if we lose this game, I doubt a team has ever lost to expansion teams twice in a row in any sport.

ManUtd4ever
03-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Something like this

If JDG is still out, I like this starting lineup. I expect a much stronger performance resulting in a victory in our home opener. Otherwise, I'm staying far away from the post game thread...:D

BeerBaron95
03-21-2011, 11:22 PM
If JDG is still out, I like this starting lineup. I expect a much stronger performance resulting in a victory in our home opener. Otherwise, I'm staying far away from the post game thread...:D

JDG is still out.. will be for at least the first 3, possibly 4 games.... straight from the horses mouth

boban
03-21-2011, 11:36 PM
JDG is still out.. will be for at least the first 3, possibly 4 games.... straight from the horses mouth
TFC has a horse on the payroll?

ExiledRed
03-21-2011, 11:46 PM
TFC has a horse on the payroll?

and several donkeys.

Roogsy
03-22-2011, 12:32 AM
:lol:

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Hoping we see Cann and Attakora back at the back. I think TFC might be okay in this one. I'm DL'ing the Crapid-Timbers game right now, going to give it a look. I don't think they're going to put up the fight Vancouver did.

Only discouraging thing that comes to mind, is TFC couldn't live with Hassli, and they're facing another big striker in Cooper.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Something like this

this looks about right if Omphroy is fit.
Sadly that right side looks weak.
I guess Peterson will sub on for Soolsma.
Prob put Zavarise in Soolsmas position once DeGuzman's back (i say this because Zavarise seems to be a jack of all trades and did well on the wing in Carolina)

denime
03-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Question is will Winter play 4-3-3 with "point to the back" 4-1-2-2-1

or "point to the front" 4-2-1-2-1

I think as a home team "point to the back" 4-1-2-2-1 is better option,more offensive and pressure on their half will give some breathing room for our defenders.

Bars92
03-22-2011, 07:25 AM
What about the fella we traded for Labrocca?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 07:42 AM
hes back up, Santos is already showing his worth, i think Santos has scored more or equal in his time in the MLS than Gordon has in his career

trane
03-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Something like this

This is the formation we should always play, 4-2-1-2-1. De Ro has to learn to be less selfish and more willing to dish the ball out but it could work.

menefreghista
03-22-2011, 07:48 AM
What about the fella we traded for Labrocca?

Seriously. Is there any sort of media following TFC? Somebody (even the club) should be updating us on his status.

Whoop
03-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Pull Peterson and put Zavarise. At least Luca had an assist last game on that Santos goal.

I agree with this. Get Peterson out of there. I liked what I saw out of Zavarise.

But it was Yourassowsky who got the assist on Santos's goal.

maninb
03-22-2011, 08:07 AM
How can most of you put Soolsma in the starting lineup? he should be in the stands after his performance against Vancouver.

I think we might make history if we lose this game, I doubt a team has ever lost to expansion teams twice in a row in any sport.

Agreed....the ONLY reason Soolsma is there is because he's Dutch...he's shown NOTHING in previous games...he's slow and doesn't defend...surely we have someone better....

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Soolsma, from what ive seen is no more than a back up just like Peterson (although id be tempted to give him one more go on the wing), id rather have zavarise there too or better yet a natural winger but alas thats not possible with Bouchiba/DeGuzman being injured. Would you rather sacrefice another game with Sturgis playing DM?

DangerRed
03-22-2011, 08:40 AM
This one is definitely winnable given how shit Portland's defence appears to be. Having said that, if Cann plays LB again, we're cooked and boos will ring out across BMO.

Agree with whoever said it up top, Zavarise should start over Peterson.

DangerRed
03-22-2011, 08:41 AM

+1,000,000. STOOLsma.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 08:41 AM
prob is who plays in DM then?

mastermixer
03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
I wonder if TFC will get booed off the pitch on Saturday should they lose to Portland. Would it be deserved after two games?

btw... I'm predicting a win, just hypothetical that's all.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I dunno, i really hope not.
Thats not deserved yet.

Darlofletch
03-22-2011, 09:36 AM
booing after 2 games would be very very harsh. I'd expect all sorts of shitstorms here if we lose, but booing would be incredibly harsh.

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2011, 09:37 AM
If TFC starts the season with 2 losses in a row to the new kids on the block, it's going to get ugly, whether it's deserved or not.

Historically, TFC's record at BMO Field is surprisingly stellar though. I would be very surprised if TFC didn't come away with a draw at the very least, which would be disappointing, but might stave off the wolves for the time being.

I predict a 2-1 victory.

Darlofletch
03-22-2011, 09:42 AM
agree that soolsma should be dropped, let zavarise play, either a sa driect swap, or with zavarise in midfield and petersopn puished up to the wing. not ideal, but best we've got for now.

cann at cb, yourassowsky at lb should make us look better in defence, I'd be tempted to throw omphroy in at rb as well. he's better offensively than gargan, puts a good cross in, and it's not like gargan's a great defender anyway, so might as well go with the attacking full back.

I'll go with a 3-2 tfc win, cooper will cause a lot of problems, but their defence will be equally bad, so we'll get the win.

RedsYNWA
03-22-2011, 09:46 AM
We will freeze the timbers out 3-0 TORONTO

Pachuco
03-22-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is so big on throwing Omphroy into the fire already. Just because we signed the kid doesn't mean he's good enough to start. We constantly do this with players we haven't seen. We sign a new player, assume he's a starter, throw him in, he sucks, everyone asks to give him the boot.

I know we've seen him in preseason, but barely through some terrible streaming. I'd be very concerned if he's going to be asked to step in on Saturday already as a starter. I'd rather see him phased in, and only if he performs when he's given the chance.

Gargan atleast brings a year of playing with alot of the guys on the field. And he's had good games with TFC before. I know he wasn't very good on saturday, but shit, neither was Nana and we all know how bad Cann was. I just think Gargan's experience at BMO is a better option for saturday.

Whoop
03-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I agree with Pachuco.

DangerRed
03-22-2011, 10:16 AM
We will freeze the timbers out 3-0 TORONTO

Too much :stogey: dude... There's no way we keep a clean sheet with our defence as it is.

brad
03-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I wonder if TFC will get booed off the pitch on Saturday should they lose to Portland. Would it be deserved after two games?

I think it depends.

If we play well and lose a close game, things will probably be okay.

If we play like we did on Saturday, the team will probably get booed off the pitch.

Not deserved though.

mastermixer
03-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I think it depends.

If we play well and lose a close game, things will probably be okay.

If we play like we did on Saturday, the team will probably get booed off the pitch.

Not deserved though.

This is the part that worries me.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
i only suggest omphroy cuz we dont know what how good he is yet.
Could try sturgis in that position too as i think he played there in Uni as well as at Seattle several times

Razor
03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Portland 3 - TFC 2

Shoddy defence screws us again.

Technorgasm
03-22-2011, 11:00 AM
2-1 TFC
santos, Dero, problem solved.

Rapids beat TImbers 3-1. . . . video: http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?catid=1822&id=12725

We conceed on a set piece (like we did vs VWC)

West220Side
03-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Figured we'd have enough of the negativity of the first game and should discuss the home opener.

The only guy on Portland that scares me is Kenny Cooper, he always scores against TFC. Damn, why couldn't we have gotten him.

Don't know if JDG will be back or still a few weeks away. Hopefully Winter moves Cann back to the middle

========DeRo======Zavarise=======
Peterson===================Martina

Bench (5?) Kocic (incase of injury of course) Stinson, Gargan, Soolsma, Gordon.

rocker
03-22-2011, 11:07 AM
coldest game ever at BMO. forecast says -1C for a high. get out your long johns!

Heathen
03-22-2011, 11:15 AM
After 4 years of futility, the team and management should just be happy we turn up. We owe them absolutely nothing, so if someone wants to boo they're entitled to.

jloome
03-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Can't see Zavarise being played primarily as a defender; I know he's supposed to be a two-way player but so far he looks much stronger going forward.

I'd start the kids at fullback. Not much to lose. That way we can use Yourrassowsky as the other wide two-way mid.

------------------Frei-------------------
Omphroy----Attakora---Cann----Morgan
---------------------------------------
-------Bouchiba---------Yourassowsky--
-----------------Dero-------------------
Martina-------------------------Zavarise
---------------Santos-----------------------

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure why everyone is so big on throwing Omphroy into the fire already. Just because we signed the kid doesn't mean he's good enough to start. We constantly do this with players we haven't seen. We sign a new player, assume he's a starter, throw him in, he sucks, everyone asks to give him the boot.

I know we've seen him in preseason, but barely through some terrible streaming. I'd be very concerned if he's going to be asked to step in on Saturday already as a starter. I'd rather see him phased in, and only if he performs when he's given the chance.

Gargan atleast brings a year of playing with alot of the guys on the field. And he's had good games with TFC before. I know he wasn't very good on saturday, but shit, neither was Nana and we all know how bad Cann was. I just think Gargan's experience at BMO is a better option for saturday.

That's a logical assessment, and Gargan will likely be Winter's choice at RB anyway. If our backline is Gargan-Nana-Cann-Yourass, it should still be a dramatic improvement compared to that atrocity we witnessed against Vancouver.

Eventually, I hope Omphroy gets a chance though, because he's a highly touted prospect that has all the tools to develop into an ideal RB for the system that Winter wants to implement.

Suds
03-22-2011, 11:30 AM

It think it depends on the performance overall.

It was not so much that we lost in Vancouver, it was how we lost that got to me. A number of players just had no passion on the pitch. They dropped their heads and were defeated before the game ended.

I want to see a marked improvement in the individual effort, and teams effort, for a full 90. Show me you want to win and I will not be as disappointed if we don't. Show me you have no desire to win? Then you're gonna hear it from me.

Suds
03-22-2011, 11:33 AM

+1 Let's not shell-shock the kid. He needs time to develop and get comfortable with the MLS. It's clear ti's a big jump from the NCAA to this league.

I'm not huge on Gargan, but I think he has much better games in him than we saw in Vancouver. It was a bad day at the office for our defense as a whole. We saw better out of Gargan last year and I expect him to bounce back this week with a better game.

kaos197O
03-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Can't see Zavarise being played primarily as a defender; I know he's supposed to be a two-way player but so far he looks much stronger going forward.

I'd start the kids at fullback. Not much to lose. That way we can use Yourrassowsky as the other wide two-way mid.

I like this line up.
As for Zavarise playing forward you are right. He will surely put pressure on the opposing team, immediately, once possesion is lost, as a winger should do when playing 4-3-3, thus making the system work much better.

We'll see what Winters got in store but this is a solid lineup.

billyfly
03-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I liked Soolsma. Not sure where people think he was bad.

jloome
03-22-2011, 11:38 AM

I think he did OK. He was closed down quickly and I think people are assuming he's slow, but he's not; he's fast, he just doesn't take off on a sprint every time he touches the ball.

billyfly
03-22-2011, 11:42 AM
He showed a high skill level. He was ineffective (most of the team was) but I did notice his ball handling and was impressed.

scooterTFC
03-22-2011, 11:47 AM

He looked very slow. It didn't look like he had a enough speed to get down the wing and get a cross in. Maybe he hast some skills that will offset his pace... they weren't obvious after the first game. He' was beaten to balls repeatedly and at one point Rochat swept in and caught from behind with such ease that it made you wonder how slow Soolsma was actually moving.

He didn't make any glaring turnovers or mistakes that cost the team but he also didn't really contribute to the offence or and wasn't helping to defensively on Teibert.

He seemed like imported version of Labrocca and Cronin. They're great strength is they play their position and don't mess up... but at the same time they don't really make a difference to the outcome of the game.

DangerRed
03-22-2011, 11:47 AM
I re-watched the game yesterday. Soolsma has a very rough first touch, fanned on the ball more than once and at least two of his passes were terribly weighted. He also had at least one attempt on goal in which he gently nudged the ball towards the keeper instead of shooting.

If you feel like that means that he "did OK," then he did OK. I think he did poorly. Up to you to decide if this was just one game where he was ineffective or whether he's a player of poor quality.

Fort York Redcoat
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
^Bad luck but I reserve judgement for more than one game.

Whoop
03-22-2011, 11:52 AM
I thought he was okay for the first 20 minutes but his game went downhill from there.

I'll give him another chance.

I thought Yourassowsky was crap the first time I saw him and I thought he was pretty good when he came in.

billyfly
03-22-2011, 11:54 AM
This is the difference between MLS and other leagues. Players have time to move in other leagues where as the MLS is ping pong and guys are on top of you right away.

Soolsma was fine in my books but he may not fit into the MLS style. He might have gotten worse as the half went on but there is a certain skill level that is evident.

DangerRed
03-22-2011, 11:57 AM
This is the difference between MLS and other leagues. Players have time to move in other leagues where as the MLS is ping pong and guys are on top of you right away.

Soolsma was fine in my books but he may not fit into the MLS style. He might have gotten worse as the half went on but there is a certain skill level that is evident.

Right -- my comments on Soolsma and on any other player are made in reference to their performance in the MLS, not any other league in which TFC doesn't play. I don't really care that Soolsma may be amazing in ersedivisie. He's playing in the MLS, and he's certainly not been amazing here thus far.

With all that said, yes, it's just one game. I'm more than ready for a positive surprise. From any player.

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I thought he was okay for the first 20 minutes but his game went downhill from there.

I'll give him another chance.

I thought Yourassowsky was crap the first time I saw him and I thought he was pretty good when he came in.

Agreed. It all boils down to available options. Is Soolsma less of a liability than Peterson on the right flank? Is it better to try natural left wingers like Zavarise or Martina on the right side?

maninb
03-22-2011, 12:03 PM

^^THIS...except I think gargan starts....

Whoop
03-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Will Bouchiba be able to play on Saturday? Or is he still unavailable?

Pachuco
03-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I re-watched the game yesterday. Soolsma has a very rough first touch, fanned on the ball more than once and at least two of his passes were terribly weighted. He also had at least one attempt on goal in which he gently nudged the ball towards the keeper instead of shooting.

If you feel like that means that he "did OK," then he did OK. I think he did poorly. Up to you to decide if this was just one game where he was ineffective or whether he's a player of poor quality.

I agree with your assessment. But what people aren't realizing is one very telling thing for me. I felt Winter pulled Soolsma pretty early, and his replacement really has no business playing in the MLS right now (Makubuja). So I think it's fair to say Winter thought the same of Soolsma as some of us did. Maybe it's a wake up call for him and he plays better next time, but based on the time he played in Vancouver I'm not sure how anyone can say he didn't have a poor start to his MLS career.

flatpicker
03-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Considering the defence of both teams...

I predict a 6-5 win for Toronto :D

DangerRed
I agree with your assessment. But what people aren't realizing is one very telling thing for me. I felt Winter pulled Soolsma pretty early, and his replacement really has no business playing in the MLS right now (Makubuja). So I think it's fair to say Winter thought the same of Soolsma as some of us did. Maybe it's a wake up call for him and he plays better next time, but based on the time he played in Vancouver I'm not sure how anyone can say he didn't have a poor start to his MLS career.

Agree on all points. The subbing of an Academy kid for Soolsma was bizzarre. But then again this is a guy who played Cann at LB..

Ossington Mental Youth
Agreed. It all boils down to available options. Is Soolsma less of a liability than Peterson on the right flank? Is it better to try natural left wingers like Zavarise or Martina on the right side?

this is what ive been saying

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 12:14 PM
also didnt like Makabuya coming on, i understand the kids young and needs to learn to play but that was poor timing

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 12:16 PM
if we see guys playing way out of their positions later on in the season ill start to doubt/wonder but as of right now i suspect that hes doing so still to see peoples capabilities/cuz we are short players/or disciplinary (in Canns case)

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm giving Winter the benefit of the doubt for his lineup decisions, but the Cann issue is still bothering me because we haven't been given an explanation.

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2011, 01:17 PM
The Fan590 is currently discussing the disappointing ticket sales for the season opener. Apparently there are as many as 8 tickets available together on Ticketmaster, which is unheard of in this city. According to Gareth Wheeler, at this point, the average attendance is projected to be 16,000-17,000 throughout the season.

The honeymoon period is officially over ladies and gentlemen, and the wake up call is loud and clear. Unfortunately, the on field product will likely lead to the situation getting worse before it gets better.

Carts
03-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Considering the defence of both teams...

I predict a 6-5 win for Toronto :D

You took the thoughts right out of my head! :)

Two teams who can score (hopefully) but can't defend (that we know for sure!)...

High scoring, entertaining game...

Which is - exactly what Toronto needs based on the poor (by TFC standards) ticket sales...

Carts...

DangerRed
03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
The Fan590 is currently discussing the disappointing ticket sales for the season opener. Apparently there are as many as 8 tickets available together on Ticketmaster, which is unheard of in this city. According to Gareth Wheeler, at this point, the average attendance is projected to be 16,000-17,000 throughout the season.

The honeymoon period is officially over ladies and gentlemen, and the wake up call is loud and clear. Unfortunately, the on field product will likely lead to the situation getting worse before it gets better.

Took a look for myself, and it's true:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/905/10m/origin.media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-ca/dbimages/13424a.jpgToronto FC vs. Portland Timbers

BMO Field, Toronto, ON
Sat, Mar 26, 2011 02:00 PM

Section
Row
Seats
20 - 13
Description
Price Level 13

Type
Full Price Tickets

Price
CA $51.50 x 8
Price Details (javascript:void(0);)

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/905/10m/origin.media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-ca/img/sys/common_new/edp/icn_close.gif Price Details

Type
Full Price Tickets

Ticket Price
CA $43.00 x 8

Convenience Charge
CA $8.50 x 8

SUBTOTAL*
CA $412.00

Whoop
03-22-2011, 01:43 PM
$50... wow.

2mil4dero+santo
03-22-2011, 01:51 PM
$50... wow.

And they wonder why tickets aren't selling. I am one of the most die hard soccer fans, but I would not pay almost 2days work to take someone to see TFC play portland.
over $100 for two tickets, $20 for parking, $40 for food and drink you must be kidding. plus speeding ticket on way to game lol. and thats section 104...

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I'll be honest, I think my seats (and those in the supporters section) are still the best deal in town for a professional sporting event. However, the pricing throughout the rest of the stadium is excessive, especially considering the results on the pitch during the last 4 years.

If I wasn't already a STH and I was on the waiting list, I would probably pass on buying season's tickets at $50-$70 per game until the team was a legitimate contender.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-22-2011, 01:55 PM
I thought the team was at 18k seasons seats, so logically, won't they average 18k+?

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
I thought the team was at 18k seasons seats, so logically, won't they average 18k+?

I think 18K was last season, and this year's renewal rate was around 85-90%...

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-22-2011, 01:59 PM
They expanded the season ticket from 16k to 18k this off season, reportedly.

Yohan
03-22-2011, 02:13 PM
I believe Portland game is 'premium' game, hence why it's more expensive

2mil4dero+santo
03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
I believe Portland game is 'premium' game, hence why it's more expensive

Did they make it premium cuz it's the only game all season we have a chance of winning?

McBrace
03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
How can this game be classified as a Premium?

I still don't understand the difference between premium and a non premium?

menefreghista
03-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Come on guys, the home opener has always been a 'premium' game.

As well as a handful of other games during the season. This isn't new news.

That doesn't take away from the fact that the pricing is out of wack.

McBrace
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
What is the criteria for a premium game?

menefreghista
03-22-2011, 02:23 PM
What is the criteria for a premium game?

Whatever the hell MLSE decides. Usually home opener, last game of the year, game on Canada Day, games v LA or NYRB, etc.

habstfc
03-22-2011, 02:24 PM

That's not really what he said, he was refering to the fact that they could draw 16,000 minimally no matter how bad the team is. He was refering to the future more than the present. There are lots of tickets left but they are at the highest rows so it's not like there will be 3,000 empty seats, maybe a thousand or so.

Suds
03-22-2011, 02:25 PM
How can this game be classified as a Premium?

I still don't understand the difference between premium and a non premium?

Someone asked Paul B that question during that online session TFC did. Basically the answer was, they (TFC staff) look at the schedule, teams being played, etc., and determine which will be Premium or not.

Basically games they feel tix will be in demand - home opener, closer, big name DP is in town, or date like a game during the Ex. If they feel demand is high it's a premium game.

On the plus side, if you can't make it you can sell your in-demand ticket the higher price ... assuming there are not a couple thousand now available on Ticketbastard :rolleyes:

McBrace
03-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Are we the only team that has premium game pricing?

McBrace
03-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Someone asked Paul B that question during that online session TFC did. Basically the answer was, they (TFC staff) look at the schedule, teams being played, etc., and determine which will be Premium or not.

Basically games they feel tix will be in demand - home opener, closer, big name DP is in town, or date like a game during the Ex. If they feel demand is high it's a premium game.

On the plus side, if you can't make it you can sell your in-demand ticket the higher price ... assuming there are not a couple thousand now available on Ticketbastard :rolleyes:

Interesting that they can identify premium games, but not premium staff..Hmmm :rolleyes:

mastermixer
I remember Paul B being asked about the premium games last week during that media day thing. He stumbled to get an answer out almost like he didnt know himself. He said they price the games based on demand so the games with less demand will be priced lower and be more accessable to people who can't afford the premium games. Typical MLSE shpeel.

Suds

No. It's common in the MLS. It's done in other sporting events and other leagues as well.

McBrace
03-22-2011, 02:28 PM

Interesting that they can identify premium games, but not premium staff..Hmmm

menefreghista
03-22-2011, 02:28 PM

Not sure about MLS.

The Blue Jays use it.

Auzzy
03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Buy your tickets from a fellow supporter in the ticket trader thread, and at least save the Ticketba$tard charges. BTW, they will add further charges later in the sales process, beyond the $8.50 per ticket shown above. They used to even charge you for their "cost" of printing it on your own printer, not sure if that is still the case...

kodiakTFC
03-22-2011, 02:30 PM
MY first home opener. Have always had tickets but this is the first year i'm not in Montreal. I was even suppose to work but i booked it off for this occasion.

menefreghista
03-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Interesting that they can identify premium games, but not premium staff..Hmmm :rolleyes:

LOL. Anselmi and Beirne won't fire themselves.

Pachuco
03-22-2011, 02:31 PM
That's not really what he said, he was refering to the fact that they could draw 16,000 minimally no matter how bad the team is. He was refering to the future more than the present. There are lots of tickets left but they are at the highest rows so it's not like there will be 3,000 empty seats, maybe a thousand or so.

If you had a sold out crowd, you would get 1000 empty seats. That's just the way it works. Things happen and people who bought tickets don't show up. Plus, scalpers are left with tickets in hand as well.

So if it's not a sold out crowd, it's not unlikely that you see 3000 empty seats in the stadium.

For example: The Seattle game at home (2nd game of the season) only had 18,000 fans there. As far as I know that was probably close to a sold out game. That's over 3000+ empty seats.

The home opener had a full crowd, but that's rare, something only accomplished by David Beckham and home openers. Heck, the Jays home openers get 50,000+ fans and the next day they'll get 24,000.

Suds
03-22-2011, 02:32 PM
MY first home opener. Have always had tickets but this is the first year i'm not in Montreal. I was even suppose to work but i booked it off for this occasion.

Awesome. Setting aside the negatives around town these days, there's nothing like opening day! You'll love it!

Get yourself to supporters march to BMO. :scarf: :scarf:

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1252361#post1252361

ManUtd4ever
03-22-2011, 02:35 PM

Yes, that's what I meant. The home opener will be close to capacity. At this point, (paid) attendance of 16,000 is guaranteed for future games, and anything above and beyond that figure will depend on public ticket sales from this point forward, which are currently stagnant compared to past years.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Heck, the Jays home openers get 50,000+ fans and the next day they'll get 24,000.

oh yeah i think i remember laughing cuz it dropped to something like 10k after home opener last year

habstfc
03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
If you had a sold out crowd, you would get 1000 empty seats. That's just the way it works. Things happen and people who bought tickets don't show up. Plus, scalpers are left with tickets in hand as well.

So if it's not a sold out crowd, it's not unlikely that you see 3000 empty seats in the stadium.

For example: The Seattle game at home (2nd game of the season) only had 18,000 fans there. As far as I know that was probably close to a sold out game. That's over 3000+ empty seats.

The home opener had a full crowd, but that's rare, something only accomplished by David Beckham and home openers. Heck, the Jays home openers get 50,000+ fans and the next day they'll get 24,000.

I am refering more to unsold tickets as opposed to unused tickets.

Pachuco
03-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I am refering more to unsold tickets as opposed to unused tickets.

Ah ok. It will be interesting to see attendance numbers this time around. I think it's very telling if you don't have a full crowd. Last year's home opener was record breaking.

ensco
03-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Planning note - no Yonge Street subway on Saturday
http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2011/03/22/17715701.html

Technorgasm
03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
bang on:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NbyEXQguavc/TYgReidPoRI/AAAAAAAABFc/UuF-zH_JT-I/s320/TFC+vs+Portland+Prediction-03262011.jpg

DangerRed
03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
bang on:

Don't see Cann anyhere. And unscoring as he may be, part of me is excited to see Alan Gordon breaking noses out there on Saturday.

BS1327
03-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Gordon worked out his Passport issues.

Think we'll see him up front, or as a sub later on?

DangerRed
03-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Almost guaranteed a sub, unless Santos isn't fit.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 03:35 PM
soolsma would never play DM

jloome
03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
A season ticket this year in Dallas behind the goal is $288.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 05:21 PM
also noone goes to those games tho, in fairness

Roogsy
03-22-2011, 05:24 PM
bang on:

Sorry Giles, this group here is not good enough. It would leak goals like a hole in a roof.

Cas87
03-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Sorry Giles, this group here is not good enough. It would leak goals like a hole in a roof.

But, we don't have a roof :rolleyes:

pekduck
03-22-2011, 05:35 PM
But, we don't have a roof :rolleyes:

stop talking about the things we don't have, be it roof or defense :rolleyes:

as long as we score more than we allow, we'll be okay.. 6-5 Toronto, dero hattrick, santos 2 rockets, martina with his first MLS marker :D

TFCRegina
03-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Santos II Rockets!

It's the New Brazilian Aerospace Program.

pekduck
03-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Santos II Rockets!

It's the New Brazilian Aerospace Program.

we can call dibs on naming rights :D

rocktml
03-22-2011, 07:56 PM
I don't care that BMO Field will not be sold out. I don't care how shite our team is. LOUD AND PROUD FOR HOME OPERNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
03-22-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't care that BMO Field will not be sold out. I don't care how shite our team is. LOUD AND PROUD FOR HOME OPERNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

atta boy, im with you on that

Super
03-22-2011, 08:55 PM

Totally agree. The off-season is long and negative enough for me to not enjoy the heck out of the home opener.

ag futbol
03-22-2011, 09:55 PM
I think we're full value for the win on this one. Facing a team with a backline as dysfunctional as ours at home for the first time this season. Conditions look ideal (other than the weather).

A few extra healthy players plus some attack minded play from yourassowski on the left should be enough to push us over the top. I hope we shake up the backline a bit as well.

boozilla
03-22-2011, 10:20 PM
The right wing needs help. Peterson rarely takes defenders on and I haven't seen too many runs from Omph. I'd play 1 man down just to have Robben out there.

backbeat
03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
My 11 - please..... :flare: :drum: :scarf:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Frei - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - -Attakora - - - - - - Cann - - - - - - - - - - -

Omphroy - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Yourassowsky

- - - - - - - Bouchiba - - - - - - - - Zavarise - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dero - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - Gordon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Martina - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Santos - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

billyfly
03-22-2011, 10:38 PM
The right wing needs help. Peterson rarely takes defenders on and I haven't seen too many runs from Omph. I'd play 1 man down just to have Robben out there.

This would make a good poll thread.

"I'd play 1 man down just to have (insert name) out there."

TFCDP
03-22-2011, 10:55 PM
I am worried about Cooper.... that is all.

TFCwestcan
03-22-2011, 10:58 PM

I think there was an element of nerves with Soolsma's replacement, there will be more blood letting as all of these young kids get a run.

TFCwestcan
03-22-2011, 11:03 PM

Yes this looks interesting, if Bouchiba is healthy? Although I'd reluctantly look to Gargan as a sub for Omphroy and Peterson for Gordon. Man this squad is thin.

Kc17
03-23-2011, 12:04 AM

I'd like that lineup a lot, if Bouch and JDG aren't healthy, put in Sturgis, he wasn't too bad against Vancouver. The Vancouver game came down to a poor squad selection more than anything in my opinion, if Cann had been at CB instead of Harden, and Yourassowsky played the whole game, I highly doubt they would have put 4 past us.

jloome
03-23-2011, 01:28 AM

Can't play Gordon wide, he's awful with the ball at his feet.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-23-2011, 05:44 AM
was gonna say, like Santos, Gordon seems to be to be a CF

denime
03-23-2011, 06:22 AM
I would like to see more offensive line up with "point to the back" 4-1-2-2-1,pressure on opponents half.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bouchiba - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - DeRo - - - - - - - - ----------Zavarise - - - -- -

- - -Peterson - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Martina - - -

Gordon can't play with Santos,both of them are position #9 CF,that's why I went with Peterson as right wing.

Technorgasm
03-23-2011, 06:58 AM
CONSIRACY ABOUT our game vs VCWC (http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/72/Adrian-cann.jpg/175px-Adrian-cann.jpg)

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/TFC-Logo.jpg

billyfly
03-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Still waiting on MLSE and TFC FO to bring this girl in for the HT show.

ONE DAY!

4XsYuHbXZUk

adam1001
03-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I like this lineup. Yourassowsky and Zavarise looked decent when they came on. I just hope Winter benches Harden and puts Cann back in the middle.
I would like to see more offensive line up with "point to the back" 4-1-2-2-1,pressure on opponents half.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bouchiba - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - DeRo - - - - - - - - ----------Zavarise - - - -- -

- - -Peterson - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Martina - - -

Gordon can't play with Santos,both of them are position #9 CF,that's why I went with Peterson as right wing.

maninb
03-24-2011, 07:57 AM
No break from the weatherman..... wind chill of -11 predicted...

mastermixer
03-24-2011, 08:13 AM
No break from the weatherman..... wind chill of -11 predicted...

Game is at 2pm so the sun will be shining and keeping us warm.

boban
03-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Game is at 2pm so the sun will be shining and keeping us warm.
That's right.. Time to break out the sun screen and get the t-shirts out. haha

Technorgasm
03-24-2011, 08:32 AM
======== SUPER FREI ===========

Omphry === NANA-CANN === Gargan

== ELBY === DERO === Sturgis ==

= Soolsy == SANTOS == Javi-Mart =

Santos + Dero, 2-1 win.

ensco
03-24-2011, 08:37 AM
It's fun to pick the lineups, but how can anyone have a big opinion on what our lineup should be? What does anyone really know about Martina, Soolsma, Yourassowsky, Omphroy, Burgos etc

Technorgasm
03-24-2011, 09:27 AM
ready for TFC season, thanks to the Purolator man!

http://is200.imagesocket.com/thumbs/2011/03/24/tfckicksjpgzot6.JPG (http://www.imagesocket.com/view/2011/03/24/tfckicksjpgzot6.JPG)

and yes, line ups are fun as we dont know ANYTHIGN about the majority of our squad

boban
03-24-2011, 11:41 AM
It's fun to pick the lineups, but how can anyone have a big opinion on what our lineup should be? What does anyone really know about Martina, Soolsma, Yourassowsky, Omphroy, Burgos etc
Picking the line is fine, its fun -But not critisize another poster.
Like you said we know jack of the team. Can't fathom how one can criticize another another.

swss76
03-24-2011, 11:47 AM
you guys getting ready to get loud or what? can't wait until Saturday, going to be a blast no matter what the weather is like.

Technorgasm
03-24-2011, 12:00 PM
HOME!

:scarf: or :scarf:

AWAY!

rocker
03-24-2011, 12:43 PM
I bought some of these for Saturday.. gonna give it a try!

http://www.thermacare.com/product/back-hip.aspx

Technorgasm
03-24-2011, 01:49 PM
^^ What a great Idea!!!

I got me one of these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31UrDR9Hd-L._SL250_.jpg

for. . hot cocoa

tfcmanu
03-24-2011, 01:54 PM
The Whole South end with one of these "EPIC"http://www.promo-wholesale.com/Upfiles/Prod_k/Safety-Orange-High-Visibility-Balaclava-Style-Knit-Hat_20090810933.jpg

P-NUTZ
03-24-2011, 02:02 PM
TFC 3 - LOSERS 1

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:
:canada::scarf::flare::scarf::canada:
:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking:

P-NUTZ
03-24-2011, 02:07 PM
ready for TFC season, thanks to the Purolator man!

http://is200.imagesocket.com/thumbs/2011/03/24/tfckicksjpgzot6.JPG (http://www.imagesocket.com/view/2011/03/24/tfckicksjpgzot6.JPG)

and yes, line ups are fun as we dont know ANYTHIGN about the majority of our squad

nice kicks

mowe
03-24-2011, 03:33 PM
I can't wait for this, it's going to be my first TFC game at BMO.

Anybody have any tips on what to expect? I'm going alone, got a seat in 116. How intoxicated should I be before I get there?

Suds
03-24-2011, 03:36 PM

Anybody have any tips on what to expect? I'm going alone, got a seat in 116. How intoxicated should I be before I get there?

Find me and buy me and my fellow RPB's a few beers each. We will tell you everything you'll need to know. :drinking:

:D

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-24-2011, 03:42 PM
According to the good people at Bet 365, TFC is favourite to win this match:

1.73 - 3.50 - 4.50

ManUtd4ever
03-24-2011, 03:47 PM
According to the good people at Bet 365, TFC is favourite to win this match:

1.73 - 3.50 - 4.50

Portland's paying 4.50? Hmmmmm...

I kid, I kid!

Technorgasm
03-24-2011, 03:53 PM

Dude. . . its going to blow you mind!!!
TV never does it justice. . jsut be at joes before hand. . :drinking:

Yagbod
03-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Does this mean I can't enjoy my coffee?!?

From the TFC email today:

// ENJOY THE MATCH
The Toronto Police Service is dedicated to creating a safe environment for all match goers on Saturday. Please note that TPS will strictly enforce the Liquor Licence Act (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=b315037eaa0bb1bf93c2456de99d7aba258dfa71c18844 caa36ea290317df6b8). Everyone is encouraged to review the BMO Field Code of Conduct (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=b315037eaa0bb1bff2243f0c40ab17ba6a66e67adf95fd b99f3970283cf1cc73) and stray from bringing any of these prohibited items (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=b315037eaa0bb1bfec8ea51b488821898f0cd2ad6d3322 fcb2fb59716e0c7386).

Oh right! There is no Liquor in Coffee. Whew....

colman1860
03-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Anybody know whether Stevanovic will be ready to play?

denime
03-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Now with Stevanovic on board and Bouchiba injured and out for a while starting 11

- - - - - - - Sturgis - - - - - - - - ----------Zavarise - - - -- -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - DeRo - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - -Martina - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Stevanovic ?- - -

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-24-2011, 05:29 PM
I'd surprised if Winter puts Stevanovic is in the starting lineup. Has he even practised with the team? This isn't going to go over to big, but I wouldn't mind seeing Soolsma get another run out, he had two good penetrating runs which could have been more dangerous if he made better decisions in the box.

I'll be shocked if he does't put Attakora and Cann back in the centre of defence and start Yourassowsky at LB. It'll be interesting to see if he thinks Omphroy is ready.

TFCwestcan
03-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Now with Stevanovic on board and Bouchiba injured and out for a while starting 11

I like this line up, of course we have very little depth but I do like our forward line up. Umm, I think Winter will play Gargan before Omphroy. Then again he played Keith M last game...And I also am hoping that Sturgis gives us a better game. Hope Bouch is healthy?

TFCRegina
03-24-2011, 08:24 PM

Fairly, especially if it's gonna be chilly, and especially because the beers are fucking expensive.

Lizzy
03-24-2011, 10:39 PM

How soon do we get Sturgis out of the starting 11?

TFCwestcan
03-25-2011, 08:00 AM
How soon do we get Sturgis out of the starting 11?

Hard to base on one game but what did Cochrane & co see in this guy? Kind of a shame they handcuffed Winter with this trade, you feel that they would have rather had a decent draft pick. I am hoping that he will rebound along with Gargan (and the who back line.)

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2011, 08:06 AM

I like it. Once JDG and Bouchiba are healthy enough to play in the holding midfield roles, I think we might actually have a solid starting lineup and legitimate depth.

backbeat
03-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I like it. Once JDG and Bouchiba are healthy enough to play in the holding midfield roles, I think we might actually have a solid starting lineup and legitimate depth.

what's the timeline on Bouchiba returning? i thought i heard JDG in april.

ManUtd4ever
03-25-2011, 08:33 AM
JDG should be ready within 2 weeks, I'm not sure about Bouchiba...

Ossington Mental Youth
03-25-2011, 08:49 AM
pretty sure Bouchiba was supposed to be close to fit around now, prob be onthe bench

scut farkus
03-25-2011, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Gordon gets some time. Maybe as a sub.

DangerRed
03-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Gordon is in for sure, maybe 15 min or more, unless he's not fit for some reason. Be surprised if Winter starts him, though.

DangerRed
03-25-2011, 10:48 AM
From the Timbers' site:
The Cooper Effect: Striker has a habit of scoring against Toronto FC

To say that Kenny Cooper (http://www.portlandtimbers.com/player/kenny-cooper) has a special affinity for Toronto FC (http://www.torontofc.ca/) would be an understatement. Going back to Cooper’s first run through in MLS while with FC Dallas, he has scored at least one goal against the Reds in the past four straight games.
He first struck with a brace at Toronto in August of 2008 with goals in the 81st and 91st minute giving FC Dallas the 2-0 victory. Two months later, he struck again with two goals, the second of which was a stoppage time game tying penalty kick in a 2-2 draw.
2009 brought just as friendly results and equally clutch goals. Cooper evened the score for Dallas with a 91st minute strike in April for a 1-1 tie on the road at BMO Field. A week later, Cooper capped things off against the Reds with a 92nd minute game winner in a 3-2 clash.
Four games. Six goals. All late game result-changing strikes.
While some may point to the forward having already tallied one goal this season in the 3-1 loss to Colorado Rapids last week and Toronto’s defense giving up four in their 4-2 loss to Vancouver Whitecaps FC (http://www.whitecapsfc.com/) as signs towards another goal friendly equation, Cooper remains sanguine about any deeper meaning behind his previous feasting on Toronto defenses.
“I'm not sure it means anything,” he said.
This Toronto team that we'll face this weekend may be a lot different than the ones I've personally faced in the past,” he added.
Toronto is in the midst of a formational restructuring with head coach Aron Winter implementing his Dutch-influenced, possession heavy 4-3-3 lineup. Despite last week’s loss, they had 64% of the possession in the match. The end result may not have been what Winter wanted, but there were signs that his plan is taking shape.
For Cooper to break through this week, he’s going to have to crack the Reds’ backline which has been adjusting to the 4-3-3 flux as well. Toronto’s Adrian Cann (http://www.mlssoccer.com/player/adrian-cann) played much of last season at centerback but was moved out to a wingback position against Vancouver and was unable to track back effectively having trouble with the Whitecaps’ Davide Chiumiento in the first half.
If the Portland wingbacks and midfield can get service to Cooper—and fellow striker Jorge Perlaza (http://www.portlandtimbers.com/player/jorge-perlaza)—and the two of them can maintain possession up top in the cold weather, then the chance to add to Cooper’s unique streak remains a real possibility.
Cooper though also opens the door for others to open their accounts, “I'm hoping and hungry for us as a team to go out there and get a win," he said.
Hopefully there's a lot of goals in this team.”

Brooker
03-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Fuck Cooper. Piece Of Shit.

DangerRed
03-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Fuck Cooper. Piece Of Shit.

Ah, if only your profanity kept his shots out of our net...

markus
03-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Luke Wileman on Twitter - "When asked by reporter 'how far away is de Guzman? Winter replied 'about 50 feet'":)..."...couple weeks away..."

bgnewf
03-25-2011, 12:54 PM
TFC Home Opener Pre Game

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/03/tc-home-opener-pre-gam/

The pressure is on as TFC opens its fifth season at home to Kenny Cooper and the expansion Portland Timbers. Pre-game thoughts on the TFC Home Opener.

TFCRegina
03-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Luke Wileman on Twitter - "When asked by reporter 'how far away is de Guzman? Winter replied 'about 50 feet'":)..."...couple weeks away..."

Hahahahahahaha

I don't even know what to say to that.

Very droll, very droll.

Heart of Stone
03-26-2011, 07:16 AM
Today's game will prove how much we still need Nick Garcia...

Pachuco
03-26-2011, 08:46 AM
2-2 tie. Cooper and Dero with a pair each.

Mark TFC
03-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Home opener today! Come on you Reds!

CBTFC
03-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Been waiting what feels like ages for this day. Full on sunshine and a high of -3 for today, should be great weather. Toque and sunglasses are a must!

Time to head over to a friend's to get the pre-game festivities underway...

TFC TFC TFC!!!! :)

rocktml
03-26-2011, 08:55 AM
I dont care how cold it will be. I dont care that BMO Field will not be sold out. I dont care that our team is shite. I dont care how many times ML$E have screwed us over.

LOUD AND PROUD FOR HOME OPERNER!!!!!!!

dupont
03-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Got my long johns on. Let's do this shit.

on my way to the stadddddiummmmm

Mun
03-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Well said rocktml!

TFC!!!

Waggy
03-26-2011, 12:06 PM
What time is it? GAME TIME! What time is it? GAME TIME! Who's house is this? OUR HOUSE! Who's house is this? OUR HOUSE!

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

Sorry, on the Ray Lewis tip for pregame. COME ON YOU REDS!

morgank1986
03-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I find myself in Colorado today instead of at BMO. Anyone know where I can stream the game?

Corpand
03-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Yup out in Steel City for the day, can't find a stream on atdhe or myp2p. Any ideas?

pekduck
03-26-2011, 12:20 PM
in Kansas, and it's snowing here, come on you reds!

no link.. i bought MLS MatchDayLive and hope it'll work this time!

dantdot
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Started the match thread: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27274