PDA

View Full Version : Who would you start and what would you change for next game?

ag futbol
03-21-2011, 08:57 PM
So we all know what happened, but what would you change for next game?

Personally, I`d try something like the below (assuming JDG is still hurt).

Martina--------------------------Santos
---------------------Dero------------
Zavarise---------Bouchiba-------Peterson
Morgan------Nanna---Cann----Gargan
----------------Frei-------------------

The one question I had was what to do with yourassowsky. Too much of a liability at the back, so I put Morgan in his natural spot. Maybe he fits in on the left side of the midfield but I really admired Zavarise`s work rate which I think we really need right now. Assuming Bouchiba is healthy I think putting the two of them together is the way to go.

Was hesitant to keep Gargan on the field (he was brutal last week) but we really have nobody else to play that spot except for maybe Omphroy who is an unknown quality.

TFCRegina
03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
I agree with you on all counts. Because really, we have nothing else we can throw out there.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-21-2011, 09:08 PM
cant see Santos playing the wing, dudes a CF through and through

really id only mess with the defense right off the back

Martina----------Santos----------Soolsma
-----------------------------------------
Zavarise---------DeRo---------Bouchiba
Yourassowsky-Nanna---Cann----Gargan/Omphroy/Harden (we need a proven RB)
----------------Frei-------------------

Ossington Mental Youth
03-21-2011, 09:10 PM
dont think its our best line up (as id play Zavarise in Soolsma's position and DeGuzman in Zavarise's position). Also as stated we need a RB and/or a right winger and a dp striker. if lindsay was healthy id gladly play him there. Id even debate starting peterson there but not with any great expectations.

ag futbol
03-21-2011, 09:14 PM
cant see Santos playing the wing, dudes a CF through and through

Yeah I had trouble with that too, although I didn`t really picture him playing as a winger as much as a guy who is just more advanced up the field while Dero plays in the hole. Maybe I was just looking for a way to bastardize the 4-3-3 almost down to a 4-4-2 with Dero being the support striker and Martina being the attack minded winger on the left flank.

I just think that Sturgis was complete crap and Peterson doesn`t track back well enough. I`d want Dero in an offensive minded but have more mids around him to provide cover. Although this seems like a temporary problem as when JDG is healthy, he and Bouchiba can take care of business.

flamehawk
03-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Do we know that Bouchiba is fit? I don't remember him even making the bench during the opener.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-21-2011, 09:19 PM
i think hes supposed to be fit by now, said he was two weeks behind about two weeks ago.
If not then put, sigh, Sturgis in his place