PDA

View Full Version : Dero's Twittering after the game..

J.Neverfold
03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
I've been a season ticket holder since day one. Long time reader and first time poster here. Something has been bothering me all day about Dero's tweet after the game last night.

In case you missed it..said something along the lines of "8000th MLS goal.. thanks to fans and players/staff for helping ME achieve that goal." He makes it sound like he just scored his 8000th goal in MLS, but that's not the problem..The problem is that this team had just lost, and lost embarrassingly to an expanison team.

Now most of us weren't expecting the Whitecraps to go as long as TFC before getting their first MLS goal since they aren't a real "expansion" team like TFC was. The problem is that TFC gave up 4 goals when most people on this board, myself included, thought that 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 where all possible scores. I highly doubt ANYONE would have predicted giving up 4 goals, when Vancouver has definite scoring issues.

So to have our captain come out and celebrate HIS goal and not mention the teams failure shows that he always will be a me-first player and that's not the guy I would want as the captain of the team.

Sorry to Mods if this is in the wrong place.. i'm a new poster and just need to vent. Yesterday was a very frustrating day. :scarf:

Shakes McQueen
03-20-2011, 08:19 PM
A conversation about this already took place elsewhere - can't remember exactly where.

- Scott

canadian_bhoy
03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
What a joke. Your team (and he's the captain so it is HIS team) - your team gets pumped 4-2 by an expansion team and you really tweet about the 8000th MLS goal?
1) Who gives a shit about the 8000 goal?
2) 7922 of them weren't by him so again - who gives a shit.

I'm starting to think that DeRo might actually be slightly retarded.

Roogsy
03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Watch the post-game interview and then you will realize why it was tweeted. That and in case some here may not already know, many of the players have others tweet for them. Not all tweets are from the players themselves. Either way, I am done trying to defend him on his board. If you're gonna like him, like him. If you're gonna hate him, you'll look for any excuse to justify your position. Carry on.

ArmenJBX
03-20-2011, 08:24 PM
He is not behind his twitter account.

Shakes McQueen
03-20-2011, 08:26 PM
While I think the explanation that someone tweeted it for him is completely reasonable, and his post-game interview pretty much confirms it, I don't think it was unreasonable for people to initially assume he tweeted it himself.

But now that we know it was the former, let's move on to actual substantive stuff.

- Scott

OurGame
03-20-2011, 08:27 PM

the reason he want a raise is to pay a twitterer !!

J.Neverfold
03-20-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm in no way saying that Dero is a bad player. I like Dero..he scores clutch goals when we need them. I just don't think he's the player most suited to represent TFC as the captain. I want Dero on this team because without him we are absolutely near the bottom of the table.

Nodoubtguy
03-20-2011, 08:32 PM
while he may not be the one putting the tweets out there, his account does represent him....

swan
03-20-2011, 08:35 PM
the guy just cant do anything right with this bunch ... fuck me seriously seems some of you bitch at every little thing he does..

big fuckin deal he tweeted about getting the 8000th goal for mls

OurGame
03-20-2011, 08:44 PM
the guy just cant do anything right with this bunch ... fuck me seriously seems some of you bitch at every little thing he does..

what the hell u are always supposed to in theory take away something positive ..
u are right big deal , it's just a novlety // scoring and twittin

canadian_bhoy
03-20-2011, 08:45 PM

I think it's a big deal.

Your team just got embarrassed 4-1 (could have been worse) by a Vancouver team that had never even played a game.

As team captain, he should keep his trap shut about personal achievement when his team gets spanked.

Nodoubtguy
03-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I think it's a big deal.

Your team just got embarrassed 4-1 (could have been worse) by a Vancouver team that had never even played a game.

As team captain, he should keep his trap shut about personal achievement when his team gets spanked.

right on....your goal is much less meaningful then an embarrassing team loss

ArmenJBX
03-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Also, whoever got the 8000th goal was probably instructed by MLS to, at the very least, comment on it; the league has a history of glorifying achievements that, for the most part, are not milestones nor historic.

I think if, for example, Maicon got it and posted this tweet, people wouldn't care, and that's where this De Rosario hate has gotten out of hand. Not everything he does is an insult or a slap in the face, unless you, the viewer, make it one. I think this has literally no impact on his goalscoring, the teams morale or chemistry, so scrutinizing it is pointless.

It's just a tweet. There are athletes who tweet about taking each individual piss throughout the day. Who cares? If you're looking for a reason to hate De Rosario, this ain't worth your energy.

jabbronies
03-20-2011, 08:55 PM

WHAT!!!! You are fucking kidding me right??

Pachuco
03-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Also, whoever got the 8000th goal was probably instructed by MLS to, at the very least, comment on it; the league has a history of glorifying achievements that, for the most part, are not milestones nor historic.

I think if, for example, Maicon got it and posted this tweet, people wouldn't care, and that's where this De Rosario hate has gotten out of hand. Not everything he does is an insult or a slap in the face, unless you, the viewer, make it one. I think this has literally no impact on his goalscoring, the teams morale or chemistry, so scrutinizing it is pointless.

It's just a tweet. There are athletes who tweet about taking each individual piss throughout the day. Who cares? If you're looking for a reason to hate De Rosario, this ain't worth your energy.

A tweet that apparantly didn't happen. But people keep choosing to post in this thread. I think that says enough about tabloid hungry people.

Nodoubtguy
03-20-2011, 08:57 PM
A tweet that apparantly didn't happen. But people keep choosing to post in this thread. I think that says enough about tabloid hungry people.

ummm...what??

this is directly from his twitter page

8,000th goal in MLS HISTORY! Thanks to all the players/staff and fans for helping me achieve that goal...
about 23 hours ago via Facebook

canadian_bhoy
03-20-2011, 08:59 PM

Didn't happen?
http://i55.tinypic.com/jhcxg8.png

Pachuco
03-20-2011, 09:01 PM
ummm...what??

this is directly from his twitter page

Apparantly not.

While I think the explanation that someone tweeted it for him is completely reasonable, and his post-game interview pretty much confirms it, I don't think it was unreasonable for people to initially assume he tweeted it himself.

But now that we know it was the former, let's move on to actual substantive stuff.

- Scott

jabbronies
03-20-2011, 09:04 PM
That's pretty lame if he doesn't do his own tweeting.

Shakes McQueen
03-20-2011, 09:04 PM
I think you might have misunderstood what I meant, Pachuco. The tweet DID come from his twitter page, but there is aimple evidence that someone actually tweeted it on his behalf.

So, DeRo didn't post it himself, someone did it for him. And clearly that someone didn't realize that it might look tacky after DeRo's team lost a game.

- Scott

Pachuco
03-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I think you might have misunderstood what I meant, Pachuco. The tweet DID come from his twitter page, but there is aimple evidence that someone actually tweeted it on his behalf.

So, DeRo didn't post it himself, someone did it for him. And clearly that someone didn't realize that it might look tacky after DeRo's team lost a game.

- Scott

I didn't misunderstand it. If Dero didn't tweet it then what people are accusing Dero of doing didn't happen. Simple in my mind. No reason to go on about what he did when he didn't do it.

Shakes McQueen
03-20-2011, 09:06 PM
That's pretty lame if he doesn't do his own tweeting.

I'm sure like many celebrity/athlete twitter accounts, some tweets are his own, while he also has a person who tweets on his behalf.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
03-20-2011, 09:08 PM
I didn't misunderstand it. If Dero didn't tweet it then what people are accusing Dero of doing didn't happen. Simple in my mind. No reason to go on about what he did when he didn't do it.

Ahh okay - I thought you were under the impression that I meant the tweet was never made at all. My bad.

But yes - lets move on. There are valid things to criticize DeRo for, but making an issue of stuff like this just harms your credibility for the conversations that actually have merit.

- Scott

kaos197O
03-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Really people.....he DID score the 8000th goal in MLS. What gives? He tweeted it and thanked the world for letting it happen to him. Get the fuck over it already.

:picard::picard::picard::picard:

Roogsy
03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
while he may not be the one putting the tweets out there, his account does represent him....

And? His account is a promotional tool and one that his promotional people used when the fact was presented. That people want to make it a negative is unavoidable because when you want to hate someone, you look for reasons to justify your hatred. Is the fact wrong? Is it a slight on TFC? If the rationale here is that DeRo posting such a thing reflects a failure to reflect on the game they just lost, then the fact that he didn't post it AND that his interviews all point to a reflection on the game should quite simply make this a moot point. But somehow I don't think it will be.

Next up: DeRo posts about Champions League. Quick, somebody slam him for not paying enough attention to MLS.

This is shades of Rohan Ricketts and what he went through with these fickle fans. When someone annoys you, even the fact that are breathing they same air as you is something you will complain about.

Call me when DeRo tweets something to really get angry about. :rolleyes:

Shakes McQueen
03-20-2011, 09:16 PM
And? His account is a promotional tool and one that his promotional people used when the fact was presented. That people want to make it a negative is unavoidable because when you want to hate someone, you look for reasons to justify your hatred. Is the fact wrong? Is it a slight on TFC? If the rationale here is that DeRo posting such a thing reflects a failure to reflect on the game they just lost, then the fact that he didn't post it AND that his interviews all point to a reflection on the game should quite simply make this a moot point. But somehow I don't think it will be.

Next up: DeRo posts about Champions League. Quick, somebody slam him for not paying enough attention to MLS.

This is shades of Rohan Ricketts and what he went through with these fickle fans. When someone annoys you, even the fact that are breathing they same air as you is something you will complain about.

You liar. I thought you were done defending him? :D

- Scott

werewolf
03-20-2011, 09:17 PM
It's not that big of a deal, I just expect more of a captain of the team after a humiliating loss.

If he didn't post it, whatever, but its been a day, and the post is still up.

Nodoubtguy
03-20-2011, 09:18 PM

check his account....not a single mention of yesterdays loss. I'd personally hope there'd be a mention of that before seeing a link to a picture of the CL draw on his FB page.

It's not a huge thing....but as captain of our team, I maybe expect more

TFC John
03-20-2011, 09:19 PM
If he didn't tweet about it, people would complain too. I'm sick of hearing about what Dero does off the field. He scored another beautiful goal and proved his worth to this team again. That's all I care about.

When the team wins it makes me happy. When they lose, I'm disappointed. I don't understand how you ever expect to get any happiness out of examining someone else's personal life. Your ticket price entitles you to watch the games. Players should be judged by what they do on the field. All the rest is just gossip.

TorCanSoc
03-20-2011, 09:41 PM
This just in. A local bachelor, age 41, has just enrolled in Karate.

Yohan
03-20-2011, 09:44 PM
dear mods, can we have just one dero superthread? because all dero topics more or less end up in similar theme

Super
03-20-2011, 09:44 PM
DeRo scored a beauty last night, so today he's alright by me. The rest of the team? Not so much. Personally I couldn't care less what he (or someone else) posts on his twitter/facebook page. I mean, who cares? This hate on DeRo is getting a little bit silly if you ask me.

Whoop
03-20-2011, 09:46 PM
What's twitter? LOL

Roogsy
03-20-2011, 09:47 PM
check his account....not a single mention of yesterdays loss. I'd personally hope there'd be a mention of that before seeing a link to a picture of the CL draw on his FB page.

It's not a huge thing....but as captain of our team, I maybe expect more

Are his post-game interviews not enough? Geez louise!

Roogsy
This just in. A local bachelor, age 41, has just enrolled in Karate.

Pronounced Kara-teh...

WestStandGeoff
I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, and assume the club's personal conduct policies prevent him from twittering about much more than scoring the 8000th goal, or about what he's eating for breakfast.

Whoop
03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
As long as he isn't tweeting during the match, like some other athletes have, I could care less what he tweets.

Yes, social networking can be a powerful but a lot of it is just useless noise.

And given that someone else is probably tweeting for him, while it might be bad optics, I'm not going to get upset about it.

TorCanSoc
03-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Pronounced Kara-teh...

I sit corrected.

:)

Brooker
03-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Another day, another Dero/Roogsy thread.

If I was DeRo the last thing I'd be doing is using all that social media stuff... atleast after a 4-2 pounding... it's just trouble. Of course he has every right to do it if he wants but it's not very bright. Wait a day or something.

If ever there was somebody who needed a babysitter....

Jeffro
03-20-2011, 10:24 PM
A true captain would downplay an achievement as miniscule as this after a bad loss for his team. As a Barca supporter I've seen players like Xavi and Messi breaking all sorts of records that are actually meaningful, and every time they would say something like "records are nice, but as long as I'm helping the team win, that's all that matters", and leave the praising to their teammates, coaches and the press.

It's an obvious symptom of a self serving attitude unbecoming of a team captain. Another in a long list.

Roogsy
03-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Another day, another Dero/Roogsy thread.

If I was DeRo the last thing I'd be doing is using all that social media stuff... atleast after a 4-2 pounding... it's just trouble. Of course he has every right to do it if he wants but it's not very bright. Wait a day or something.

If ever there was somebody who needed a babysitter....

Funny...I didn't start this thread so why is it a Roogsy thread? Just feel like taking a shot at me because you have nothing better to do? Lord knows I am tired of seeing your little jabs. You never actually contribute to a discussion, you just make comments from the peanut gallery.

Whoop
03-20-2011, 10:28 PM
A true captain would downplay an achievement as miniscule as this after a bad loss for his team. As a Barca supporter I've seen players like Xavi and Messi breaking all sorts of records that are actually meaningful, and every time they would say something like "records are nice, but as long as I'm helping the team win, that's all that matters", and leave the praising to their teammates, coaches and the press.

It's an obvious symptom of a self serving attitude unbecoming of a team captain. Another in a long list.

I like this post.

Brooker
03-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Funny...I didn't start this thread so why is it a Roogsy thread? Just feel like taking a shot at me because you have nothing better to do? Lord knows I am tired of seeing your little jabs. You never actually contribute to a discussion, you just make comments from the peanut gallery.

Easy, Hulkster. It was a joke from one sentence of my post. Internet... serious business.

Roogsy
03-20-2011, 11:29 PM
No thanks. I'm not fond of your drive-by posts so take your little jokes elsewhere.

Brooker
03-20-2011, 11:57 PM
take your little jokes elsewhere.

why is it a Roogsy thread?

As you wish. :o

J .
03-21-2011, 04:31 AM
I dont really see the big deal. DeRo is there to score goals.

Our backline and midfield was garbage. Why we try to play attacking football is beyond me. We dont have the talent to do it.

But at least everyone will be entertained by progressive entertaining 4-2 football. Its fun to watch your team lose.

Cashcleaner
03-21-2011, 07:20 AM
So it's finally come this this, eh? Some people are actually upset over a tweet concerning DeRo's goal on Saturday? Fuck me.

I don't know if anyone else was watching the game against Vancouver or not, but DeRo's goal was one of the very few positives I saw on the field for TFC that night.

If thanking his club, his fellow players, and his fans makes him a bad person; than I really don't know what the fuck to say.

canadian_bhoy
03-21-2011, 07:38 AM

:rolleyes:

I can't believe you used ricketts as a comparison. Ricketts was a talented player with no heart and dedication. He was that guy everyone knew in high school that had all the talent in the world but never made anything of himself because he was too lazy.

As far as defending dero, I've yet to see anyone make a legitimate point as to why this tweet is ok. I read lots of 'you're whiners' 'hatres' 'looking to bash' 'get over it' etc, but no one has actually given a good reason why it's acceptable for the captain of the club to be making public comments about personal achievement after an embarrassing loss.

If it were me, the last thing on my mind on Saturday would be to talk about the 8000th mls goal.

Btw, this isn't even a record. It's just a league milestone.

Anyway, my point is, if you're going to mindlessly stick up for dero, at least have a point to make instead of just getting angry and taking shots at people.

Fort York Redcoat
03-21-2011, 07:40 AM

If he didn't tweet about it, people would complain too. I'm sick of hearing about what Dero does off the field. He scored another beautiful goal and proved his worth to this team again. That's all I care about.

When the team wins it makes me happy. When they lose, I'm disappointed. I don't understand how you ever expect to get any happiness out of examining someone else's personal life. Your ticket price entitles you to watch the games. Players should be judged by what they do on the field. All the rest is just gossip.

I don't agree with this sentiment that I hate DeRo because I disapprove of his PR management. The guy keeps making these mistakes when the camera is on him and heaps criticism on himself for making elementary mistakes.

If I was a Captain that had more attention on me compared to the rest of my team, if I had a twitter account that someone else had any control of I may check it to make sure it shares my POV.
This is not a big deal and could be easily corrected so why wouldn't one correct it?
Does anyone think that this comment, whether automated of not, may need a qualifying mention of the loss to let the same people (fans hopefully) know that he cares about his teams effort?

Stupid twitter.

Wull
03-21-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm going to take his post-game interview over something his team put on his twitter account this time. It was bad timing on someone's part but I don't think it's worth falling out with people over on here

Pigfynn
03-21-2011, 07:52 AM
I think the overall point is that all Dero's self promotion these days is doing him more harm than good.

His dedication to team/captaincy over himself has been called into question by many, many fans and some media. He would do himself an enormous favour by keeping his mouth/twitter account shut and letting his actions on the field do ALL of his talking.

At this point, not hearing anything from Dero would do wonders for his reputation.

dupont
03-21-2011, 09:16 AM
I can't believe anyone actually cares about this.
The Toronto fans and media will blow absolutely anything out of proportion and make it a big deal.

TOBOR !
03-21-2011, 09:17 AM

^ winning post / close thread.

I've never been bothered with Twitter - don't get the concept. Has any good ever come from a tweet ? It seems to me that it's a completely unreliable source of opinion / information. Remember when Pat Burns died the first time ?

Pachuco
03-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I can't believe you used ricketts as a comparison. Ricketts was a talented player with no heart and dedication. He was that guy everyone knew in high school that had all the talent in the world but never made anything of himself because he was too lazy.

As far as defending dero, I've yet to see anyone make a legitimate point as to why this tweet is ok. I read lots of 'you're whiners' 'hatres' 'looking to bash' 'get over it' etc, but no one has actually given a good reason why it's acceptable for the captain of the club to be making public comments about personal achievement after an embarrassing loss.

If it were me, the last thing on my mind on Saturday would be to talk about the 8000th mls goal.

Btw, this isn't even a record. It's just a league milestone.

Anyway, my point is, if you're going to mindlessly stick up for dero, at least have a point to make instead of just getting angry and taking shots at people.

You've heard more then once in this thread that it wasn't "HIS" tweet but you continue to ignore that and accuse him of tweeting it. You ignore the post game interview where he says what you want to hear, but instead, you choose to listen to one line that came out of his camp as opposed to his own words.

I would say yes, you are blindly hating Dero and it couldn't be more obvious.

drewski
03-21-2011, 09:22 AM
DeRo definitely needs to have a talk with his promotions person because it does make him LOOK bad, regardless of who was the actual tweeter, and liek it or not, appearances matter, especially given all the other crap that's gone down with him over the last year. beyond that, it's a mountain out of a molehole.

jabbronies
03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm sure like many celebrity/athlete twitter accounts, some tweets are his own, while he also has a person who tweets on his behalf.

- Scott

Usually it's one or the other. You either tweet on your own or you have your PR person do it.

Usually if you have a PR person tweet for you it's because you are so manufactured, that your "team" is afraid to have you speak your own mind because it probably doesn't lineup with how they want you to be perceived - someone like Brittney Spears has a PR team tweet for her.

Dero isn't that special that he should have others tweeting for him. I don't know many athletes who don't do their own tweeting. Andy Grey is the only footy related person I know who has a "team" do it for him.

Pachuco
03-21-2011, 09:27 AM

Let's see:

* He said it was an honour to score the 8000 goal
* he said it was all on Maicon Santos as he gave him a beatifull ball. He had the easy task of putting it on the net because of Maicon.
* He said that's not how he wanted to celebrate the 8000 goal

He also talked about how extremely dissapointed he was that they loss the game for an extended period of time.

But no, you'll ignore all this and instead focus on Twitter.

jabbronies
03-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Let's see:

* he said it was all on Maicon Santos as he gave him a beatifull ball. He had the easy task of putting it on the net because of Maicon.

He also talked about how extremely dissapointed he was that they loss the game for an extended period of time.

It is what the thread is about. if people want to talk about how great Dero is, why not start a thread instead of going into a negative thread and adding fuel to its fire?

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Really Ravi? So a thread attacking DeRo for tweeting should not have counterpoints presented?

Wow...

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 09:33 AM

Really? I thought I had made several points but feel free to ignore them and continue being angry at him as you call it "mindlessly".

Whoop
03-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Pachuco the point people are making is that even if someone else tweeted the message for him, like his brother, the account is still a reflection on him.

Personally, I don't care - it is bad optics - but there are bigger things to worry about than a twitter account.

Wull
03-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Pachuco the point people are making is that even if someone else tweeted the message for him, like his brother, the account is still a reflection on him.

Personally, I don't care - it is bad optics - but there are bigger things to worry about than a twitter account.

I get that and I agree but his interview after the game was far more telling of his mindset than what someone in his entourage foolishly put up so soon after a pretty hurtful opening loss.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Let's see:

There is one other point that I think has been overlooked.

The league and his marketing team have been putting stuff out there about how this is DeRo's 10th year in the league. His scoring the 8000th MLS goal is connected in a loose way because his longevity in the league is not a small accomplishment and I think they saw it as being interconnected.

Either way, as Canadian Bhoy asked he hasn't seen why it's acceptable for him to do this...I will ask the opposite, I haven't seen why it's unacceptable. The captain spoke about the game, the difficulties and the disappointment in his post-game interview and lord knows how many of those he gave. Does he really need to go to twitter and expound upon a frustrating game even more? THAT is what makes captain material?

Gazza
03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Go figure, a 10 year MLS veteran goal scorer getting excited about a milestone MLS goal in which he scored.

Keep digging for those tid bits.

jabbronies
03-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Really Ravi? So a thread attacking DeRo for tweeting should not have counterpoints presented?

Wow...

Of course it should - where did I say it shouldn't? That's not what my post said at all.

Nodoubtguy
03-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Either way, as Canadian Bhoy asked he hasn't seen why it's acceptable for him to do this...I will ask the opposite, I haven't seen why it's unacceptable. The captain spoke about the game, the difficulties and the disappointment in his post-game interview and lord knows how many of those he gave. Does he really need to go to twitter and expound upon a frustrating game even more? THAT is what makes captain material?

it's all about opinion. I didn't see his (or any) post game interview, but I did see his tweets come up on my phone....so in my opinion, yeah, he should have mentioned the loss.

It's also about more then his twitter account....it's just one more thing in a long line of events that on a personal level bother me.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 09:49 AM
it's all about opinion. I didn't see his (or any) post game interview, but I did see his tweets come up on my phone....so in my opinion, yeah, he should have mentioned the loss.

It's also about more then his twitter account....it's just one more thing in a long line of events that on a personal level bother me.

Not to put it too harshly, but are you saying that your ignorance about other discussions and comments he's made about the game gives you an excuse to be upset about a tweet that pointed to an accomplishment?

And I object to this "long line of events" issue. Do you know why it's been a "long line of events"? Because the team hasn't dealt with it. If you don't want to hear about his issues about his contract then pressure the team to get it dealt with one way or the other. DeRo was brought in to play and score goals, he's done that. People need to get over what he does the rest of his time.

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm starting to think that DeRo might actually be slightly retarded.

Now, I wouldn't go quite that far, but having followed him for a time - and I stopped because I couldn't take the self promotion although I know that's a big part of Twitter - I would safely say there isn't a lot of mental horsepower at play there (maybe I'm diving into semantics here?). I think even referencing the 8,000th goal or millionth is laughable...who gives a shit? I bet he didn't even know until the media referenced it. Who would?

Throwing in an exclamation mark on anything after a loss other than "we fuckin sucked!" is not a good play.

I'm all for players being honest and not going to the tried and true cliche, but one that always works is "would've been nicer to do it in a team win", eh MeRo?

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 09:53 AM
I think even referencing the 8,000th goal or millionth is laughable...who gives a shit? I bet he didn't even know until the media referenced it. Who would?

But this does raise the point, if the media raised it why is it wrong for him to refer to it? It's obvious it wasn't on his mind until someone told him. Why is it ok for the media to make the point but not him? I gotta get my hands on these rules people are supposed to follow on Twitter.

By the way, if you've ever followed an athlete or famous personality on twitter, the self-promotion is incessant. If people don't want to see that self-promotion, get off twitter! And for those not on twitter, why do you care? You don't even care enough to be ON twitter much less care what people do on it?

Fort York Redcoat
03-21-2011, 09:54 AM
^It's up to DeRo to make sure an account with his name on it represent him accurately.

drewski

this

Pachuco

Whoopee, I don't don't take objection to someone saying this was bad timing. Don't agree with it, but to each his own.

But those aren't the people I'm quoting. The one's I quote are taking it much further then that and are choosing to ignore the post game interview.

jabbronies
03-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Also, the 8000th MLS goal is not really an accomplishment. It's more of a fluke, luck of the draw if you would. Chad Barrett had as much of chance to score it as Dero did.

Roogsy
But don't you know Pachuco? Bad timing = bad captain.

Nodoubtguy
Not to put it too harshly, but are you saying that your ignorance about other discussions and comments he's made about the game gives you an excuse to be upset about a tweet that pointed to an accomplishment?

And I object to this "long line of events" issue. Do you know why it's been a "long line of events"? Because the team hasn't dealt with it. If you don't want to hear about his issues about his contract then pressure the team to get it dealt with one way or the other. DeRo was brought in to play and score goals, he's done that. People need to get over what he does the rest of his time.

sigh....whatever. I have my view on it, as do you.

anyways...what the hell is the accomplishment?? that you scored your first goal of the season and it happened to be the 8000th in a league?? I don't see anything even worth noting about it on a personal level.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 09:59 AM
If you see nothing worth noting about it then what's the fuss about? Obviously others do or it would not have been brought up.

It was notable enough for it to be MLS's front page but not DeRo's twitter?

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=206&pictureid=2707

Whoop
03-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Roogs... but it always seems like bad timing for him. LOL

kaos197O
^It's up to DeRo to make sure an account with his name on it represent him accurately.

His tweet DID represent him accurately. He DID score the 8000th goal in MLS and he thanked everyone for his fortune.

People are reading something that is not there as opposed to what is. SAD that we can't be even slightly happy for the guy.

Pigfynn
But don't you know Pachuco? Bad timing = bad captain.

DeRo majors in bad timing though.

Jamaicanadian
03-21-2011, 10:02 AM
So it's finally come this this, eh? Some people are actually upset over a tweet concerning DeRo's goal on Saturday? Fuck me.

I don't know if anyone else was watching the game against Vancouver or not, but DeRo's goal was one of the very few positives I saw on the field for TFC that night.

If thanking his club, his fellow players, and his fans makes him a bad person; than I really don't know what the fuck to say.

TWITTER, TWITTER....YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLY ARGUING ABOUT TWITTER
TWITTER...WOW...PEEPS ARE REALLY TALKING ABOUT TWITTER...

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:03 AM

We talking about Twitter? Twitter? Come on man, twitter! We talking about Twitter man!

Pachuco
sigh....whatever. I have my view on it, as do you.

anyways...what the hell is the accomplishment?? that you scored your first goal of the season and it happened to be the 8000th in a league?? I don't see anything even worth noting about it on a personal level.

You got this one all wrong. The 8000 goal was a league accomplishment and Dero's jersey and the ball used (I think) are going to be auctioned off. Meaning, this is worth noting on a personal level because the league is using his goal as a marketing tool to auction his own property.

Nodoubtguy
If you see nothing worth noting about it then what's the fuss about? Obviously others do or it would not have been brought up.

Enough for it to be MLS's front page.

Ok, well as I already said...nothing worth noting ON A PERSONAL LEVEL. It's an achievement for the league, not him.....

and the fuss is that his "official twitter account" that should represent him as captain of our team makes ZERO mention of the embarrassing loss that HIS team suffered at the hands of an expansion team in their first MLS game. But I guess DeRoent.com is more important.

jabbronies
03-21-2011, 10:04 AM

We all agree the team is shit, so we can't argue about that...The next logical thing to argue about is...Dero. The man brings us together in many ways!!

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Roogs... but it always seems like bad timing for him. LOL

First of all, I don't see it as bad timing, others do. But then again according to some I am so blinded by the god that is DeRo that I can't possibly formulate a proper opinion on the man.

Second...I'd like someone to tell me when the proper "timing" for this particular little fact to be mentioned on his account to have been made. Someone needs to enlighten us on proper twitter netiquette.

brandrews
03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
wowzers....i wasn't fully convinced of this until now, but people are so obsessed with hating dero, that they pretty much make up reasons.

he didn't tweet about the loss? are you kidding me? if it had been anybody else on our squad, except cann maybe, nobody would have said anything.

i disagree with some of the stuff that he's done, but blind hatred like this is ridiculous; save the vitriol for our opponents.

Gazza
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Timing? You wanna talk bout timing?

I'm pretty sure De Ro had no idea about the 8000th goal until the MLS filled him in on it and to what a "great accomplishment" it was.

He represents the league as well as the team. I'm not sure if waiting for TFC to win their first game before making mention of it would be good timing. Might seem a little odd.

jabbronies
03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Ok, well as I already said...nothing worth noting ON A PERSONAL LEVEL. It's an achievement for the league, not him.....

and the fuss is that his "official twitter account" that should represent him as captain of our team makes ZERO mention of the embarrassing loss that HIS team suffered at the hands of an expansion team in their first MLS game. But I guess DeRoent.com is more important.

this.

AS much as Rio Fredinand tweets a bit too much on random stuff, at least his timing and what he says with regards to the team is quality. He represents them team well in that regards. Is more focused on the team and his teammates as oppose to himself and petty accomplishments.

Whoop
03-21-2011, 10:08 AM
DeRo majors in bad timing though.

I still remember his "acceptance speech" after being named RPB player of the year. All I remember about it was "go to Dero Ent dot com".

LOL

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:08 AM

It is for DeRoEnt which is more than just Dwayne DeRosario. The captain of Toronto FC mentions the embarrassing loss and how he felt about it in his post-game interview. I suppose we should ask him to be a masochist and continue hammering away at something we'd all like to forget never happened.

Like I said, I hope the armband goes to someone else so you guys can be as critical of the new captain as the old one. But considering I never saw the same type of criticism of Jimmy, I doubt I will see that, even though he never produced anywhere close to what DeRo has done for us but thank goodness he didn't tweet!

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Timing? You wanna talk bout timing?

I'm pretty sure De Ro had no idea about the 8000th goal until the MLS filled him in on it and to what a "great accomplishment" it was.

He represents the league as well as the team. I'm not sure if waiting for TFC to win their first game before making mention of it would be good timing. Might seem a little odd.

Nobody on this team, NOBODY gets asked to promote the league except for DeRo. He is constantly being flown to MLS events even now.

And nobody gets asked to promote TFC as much as DeRo.

But we will take it when he promotes the team, but heaven forbid he promotes himself.

Nodoubtguy
03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Nobody else on this team has as public a persona as DeRo, so maybe that's why he's under the microscope a bit more.

Mango Kid
But this does raise the point, if the media raised it why is it wrong for him to refer to it? It's obvious it wasn't on his mind until someone told him. Why is it ok for the media to make the point but not him? I gotta get my hands on these rules people are supposed to follow on Twitter.

By the way, if you've ever followed an athlete or famous personality on twitter, the self-promotion is incessant. If people don't want to see that self-promotion, get off twitter! And for those not on twitter, why do you care? You don't even care enough to be ON twitter much less care what people do on it?

I just don't know why it would be on his mind at all. It isn't breaking Joe DiMaggio's hit record, most NFL touchdowns or Gretzky's goal mark, it is barely worth a mention to fill dead air on the broadcast. I am curious to see what the auction of his jersey fetches...maybe a little more than the cost of a jersey at BMO?.

I don't imagine too many guys would react that way, instead saying "8,000? Who truly cares?" effectively. I don't care one way or another that he tweeted it out, I'm saying I'm not remotely surprised when it comes to MeRo and if someone were to ask who would be most likely to reference it, it'd be neck and neck between him and Jeff Cunningham, which is sad. Except Cunningham would try to go with #8,000 on his back.

You will note that I did mention the self-promotion bit already. I get it.

jabbronies
First of all, I don't see it as bad timing, others do. But then again according to some I am so blinded by the god that is DeRo that I can't possibly formulate a proper opinion on the man.

Second...I'd like someone to tell me when the proper "timing" for this particular little fact to be mentioned on his account to have been made. Someone needs to enlighten us on proper twitter netiquette.

Mention the "accomplishment", but downplay it by saying something like "would've meant more in a win" "Wish it was a game winner".

The guys is all about Dero first, team second. and this tweet is another example of that.

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Someone needs to enlighten us on proper twitter netiquette.

Follow Alyssa Milano. :)

Pachuco
03-21-2011, 10:14 AM
I just don't know why it would be on his mind at all. It isn't breaking Joe DiMaggio's hit record, most NFL touchdowns or Gretzky's goal mark, it is barely worth a mention to fill dead air on the broadcast. I am curious to see what the auction of his jersey fetches...maybe a little more than the cost of a jersey at BMO?.

I don't imagine too many guys would react that way, instead saying "8,000? Who truly cares?" effectively. I don't care one way or another that he tweeted it out, I'm saying I'm not remotely surprised when it comes to MeRo and if someone were to ask who would be most likely to reference it, it'd be neck and neck between him and Jeff Cunningham, which is sad. Except Cunningham would try to go with #8,000 on his back.

You will note that I did mention the self-promotion bit already. I get it.

ONCE AGAIN, you are choosing to ignore that fact that IT WASN'T on his mind. Somebody else tweeted it for him. He didn't even know about the accomplishment until a member of the media told him about it in the post game interview. Once he was told, he said all the right things. He gave credit to Maicon for the goal.

This is what frustrates me, people are intentionally ignoring all the facts so they can get their hate on for Dero.

kaos197O
It is for DeRoEnt which is more than just Dwayne DeRosario. The captain of Toronto FC mentions the embarrassing loss and how he felt about it in his post-game interview. I suppose we should ask him to be a masochist and continue hammering away at something we'd all like to forget never happened.

Like I said, I hope the armband goes to someone else so you guys can be as critical of the new captain as the old one. But considering I never saw the same type of criticism of Jimmy, I doubt I will see that, even though he never produced anywhere close to what DeRo has done for us but thank goodness he didn't tweet!

He never had anything to tweet about.

jabbronies
I think it's about time to start a thread that asks the question:

"What makes a good captain"

Because i get the feeling there are 2-3 different versions of what people think makes a good captain.
Even before he was given the armband, I was against Dero being captain, and it had nothing to do with his skill and everything to do with his leadership abilities.

Pachuco
Mention the "accomplishment", but downplay it by saying something like "would've meant more in a win" "Wish it was a game winner".

The guys is all about Dero first, team second. and this tweet is another example of that.

OMG - have you bothered to click on the post game interview yet?

Jamaicanadian
We all agree the team is shit, so we can't argue about that...The next logical thing to argue about is...Dero. The man brings us together in many ways!!

Hahahahahahaha...I'm worried about this team....The coach puts a slow foot man like Cann in a position that requires some speed...Wasn't Ashtone Morgan on the bench???....Sorry I digress WE'RE CONCERNED WITH TWITTER...I FORGOT I NEED TO ARGUE ABOUT DERO AND TWITTER....IT'S ALL ABOUT TWEETING AND TWITTER...

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:16 AM

Let's say this is accurate, (which I don't believe it is but that's beside the point)...why do you care? Did you see anyone else besides Maicon score? Or have a decent game? Where is your anger to Attakora or Cann or the TFC fan favourite Gargan for having a SHITTY game which is what we should be really upset about? They're the ones that CAUSED the loss. Or Winter for putting out that backline.

So if DeRo goes back into his promotional mode...how exactly does that affect you? Would you rather he NOT score but play the wounded dog about the TFC loss? Is that better?

Whoop
03-21-2011, 10:16 AM

Roogs... you know you and I have battled it about his "PR people".

Even though he played well, the team lost an embarrassing match on Saturday.

So he scored the 8000th goal. Why not wait until the storm had died down - say until Monday or Tuesday - to post something? Mind you, that advice could work wonders on the board, if people just slept on things. LOL

But it goes all along with this persona he's cultivated - rightly or wrong - where people see him as a "me first, selfish" player. It's not like it's one or two people who say this. It's a large portion of the supporters and people who just follow the game as fans of the game. I guess they're all wrong.

Hell, I relayed the story from my gf - not an ardent follower of the game but knows the game pretty well and goes to all the TFC matches and road games - who after the first goal he scored for TFC and did the "cock walk" was like "I don't like this guy, he's selfish." At that point I was like "you're crazy". But every time something comes up in the news about DeRo and TFC she gives me that "what did I tell you look." LOL

Making me look like a fool for initially defining him. LOL

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:17 AM
ONCE AGAIN, you are choosing to ignore that fact that IT WASN'T on his mind. Somebody else tweeted it for him. He didn't even know about the accomplishment until a member of the media told him about it in the post game interview. Once he was told, he said all the right things. He gave credit to Maicon for the goal.

This is what frustrates me, people are intentionally ignoring all the facts so they can get their hate on for Dero.

Somebody tweeted it for him? Ahh, figured it was either that or the "my account got hacked" defence. If it is your name, it is your words out there, or you're paying the wrong people.

I don't have a hate on for him in the least. I just refuse to slurp the pablum because he's our captain. Being critical isn't being disloyal, unless I'm entirely off.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Hahahahahahaha...I'm worried about this team....The coach puts a slow foot man like Cann in a position that requires some speed...Wasn't Ashtone Morgan on the bench???....Sorry I digress WE'RE CONCERNED WITH TWITTER...I FORGOT I NEED TO ARGUE ABOUT DERO AND TWITTER....IT'S ALL ABOUT TWEETING AND TWITTER...

bHJDRgVwcP8

phonzo
03-21-2011, 10:18 AM
need a no dero fly zone..christ.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Follow Alyssa Milano. :)

I do! LOL! But funny enough I am tired of her constant "Chicken soup for the soul" tweets. Despite being in my top 10 all time celebs, I may drop her from my feed.

Pachuco
03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Somebody tweeted it for him? Ahh, figured it was either that or the "my account got hacked" defence. If it is your name, it is your words out there, or you're paying the wrong people.

I don't have a hate on for him in the least. I just refuse to slurp the pablum because he's our captain. Being critical isn't being disloyal, unless I'm entirely off.

Regardless of what you believe. The essence of my point is that you are completely ignorning the post game interview as the rest of the haters are. Everything you accuse him of NOT doing he does in the interview. You'll continue to look silly until you acknowledge that all the things you asked him to do, he did in the interview.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I think it's about time to start a thread that asks the question:

"What makes a good captain"

Because i get the feeling there are 2-3 different versions of what people think makes a good captain.
Even before he was given the armband, I was against Dero being captain, and it had nothing to do with his skill and everything to do with his leadership abilities.

Fine...but from an objective point of view, even if you think he makes a bad captain, considering what he's done for TFC these past 2+ seasons, what valid reason do people have for hating on the man? When did he make baby jesus cry?

Nodoubtguy
03-21-2011, 10:21 AM

If you want to talk about formation and tactics, there's a place for that. This is a thread about DeRo's twitter account. Pretty obvious what the content will be. If you don't want to talk about it or don't think it's at all important...it's not hard to ignore.

Gazza
I guess he needs to hire a speech writer for his twitter account to appease the knit pickers.

Why can't we just be concerned with the fact that he is the best player, the hardest worker, and the most efficient scorer we've had on this team. That's all that matters! Stop expecting athletes to live up to your holier than thou standards and appreciate them for what they are...athletes! Not politicians, saints or mensa members.

All i expect from De Ro is hard work and goal scoring. And i'm satisfied in both areas.

Fort York Redcoat
His tweet DID represent him accurately. He DID score the 8000th goal in MLS and he thanked everyone for his fortune.

People are reading something that is not there as opposed to what is. SAD that we can't be even slightly happy for the guy.

Total accuracy. Total story. Why should anyone be disappointed. Why wouldn't we want to focus on the goal exclusively?

I'm sorry for all you celebrating the 8000th goal in MLS history being brought down and bummed out by we who are disappointed the teams result.

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Regardless of what you believe. The essence of my point is that you are completely ignorning the post game interview as the rest of the haters are. Everything you accuse him of NOT doing he does in the interview. You'll continue to look silly until you acknowledge that all the things you asked him to do, he did in the interview.

Okay, he did them in one forum but not another. All is forgiven.

And I'm looking silly? Classic. You're putting words and thoughts to me that you haven't heard, but I can't comment on things attributable - directly or not - to MeRo's name? Fair enough. Or not.

Whoop
03-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't those that are upset about this are necessarily upset but the twitter per se but, like TFC and it's constant fuck ups, this is just another thing in DeRo saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Much like the loss to Vancouver, people aren't upset about Toronto losing - it's going to happen even when the team is good - but who they lost to, how they lost, etc. It's a buildup of things.

For some, this is something that finally upsets people about DeRo.

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I do! LOL! But funny enough I am tired of her constant "Chicken soup for the soul" tweets. Despite being in my top 10 all time celebs, I may drop her from my feed.

She's prego - give her a break. HA!

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Total accuracy. Total story. Why should anyone be disappointed. Why wouldn't we want to focus on the goal exclusively?

I'm sorry for all you celebrating the 8000th goal in MLS history being brought down and bummed out by we who are disappointed the teams result.

Bummed by the result? Where are the threads about the players who fucked the dog on the pitch? Where is the Winter thread about his decision making abilities? Where is the thread on Mariner STILL not bringing in players and at this point won't for several weeks, weeks where we have games to play.

No...we have a thread on DeRo's twitter. You know...the guy who did everything he could to get us back in the game including a goal and a free kick that scared the shit out of Jay Nolly.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:26 AM
She's prego - give her a break. HA!

Breaks my heart. I want to be her baby daddy.

Pachuco
03-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Really? so that's what we are doing now? celebrating his goal? That's how you interpret this discussion?

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Breaks my heart. I want to be her baby daddy.

What's your Twitter name?

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:28 AM
LOL! Roogsy!

twitter.com/roogsy

(Look what you did! You made me promote myself!)

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't think there's a soul here that is celebrating #8,000 at the expense of the team's result.

Gazza
03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't think there's a soul here that is celebrating #8,000 at the expense of the team's result.

I'm actually having an 8000 goal bbq at my place this afternoon. Lord knows there wasn't much to celebrate from saturday.:(

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Here is a question:

Would people be as upset about this tweet if it came after a win?

Mango Kid
I'm actually having an 8000 goal bbq at my place this afternoon. Lord knows there wasn't much to celebrate from saturday.:(

Is there beer involved? Open invite?

Fort York Redcoat
Bummed by the result? Where are the threads about the players who fucked the dog on the pitch? Where is the Winter thread about his decision making abilities? Where is the thread on Mariner STILL not bringing in players and at this point won't for several weeks, weeks where we have games to play.

No...we have a thread on DeRo's twitter. You know...the guy who did everything he could to get us back in the game including a goal and a free kick that scared the shit out of Jay Nolly.

Are you asking to start threads on all those points separately? You can if you want. I won't stop you. And you know as well as I why this thread now has legs.

jabbronies
03-21-2011, 10:32 AM
OMG - have you bothered to click on the post game interview yet?

ya I did. I heard what he said in the interview, which is what he should've said in his twitter post. The two tones are completely different. And if his twitter account is being managed by the same people who handled his Celtic saga, perhaps he needs to get a new "team".

Remember, this thread is in regards to his twittering..not his interviewing. They are two different mediums. Twitter is suppose to be a more "intimate" medium. It's Dero, the leader of TFC, speaking directly to his followers. Without the media being the middle man in the conversation.

So his followers are upset over the teams lose and looking to the captain to bring them comfort/give them answers in the lose. He or his people need to realize that. Which they clearly don't.

kaos197O

I think people are missing the point. MLS made a big deal about this. They will auction off his kit and the ball(if I'm not mistaken) for charity. So WHO is going to buy a Dero kit and a ball that signifies the 8000th goal in MLS? Probably someone who knows DERO.

Believe it or not, other people than TFC fans, follow his twitter account. People from the past, friends, fans from other teams around the league, blah, blah, blah. These are the people who would be interested in purchasing or bidding for these items. What better way to reach your audience is there. MLS probably asked him to tweet it Ffs. After all, they do want to raise as much as they can for charity so..........

Gazza
Is there beer involved? Open invite?

Definitely beer involved if you're kind enough to bring it.

Plenty of pokerstars.com and nutella swag.

Nodoubtguy
Here is a question:

Would he have mentioned the win?? somehow I think that would make his twitter account

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Here is a question:

Great question. I don't think there would be as much heat whatsoever...win's cover all warts. But it didn't, so it is going to get cracked down on.

Can't wait to see the club put this on the Wall of Whatever on Saturday. HA!

Fort York Redcoat
Here is a question:

Would people be as upset after a win?

No. Loss in general upsets people.

Mango Kid
So WHO is going to buy a Dero kit and a ball that signifies the 8000th goal in MLS? Probably someone who knows DERO.

Probably DeRo.

jabbronies
03-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Where is the Winter thread about his decision making abilities?

In the Tactics and Formations thread - just make sure you keep the drama out of there and stick to the facts please..:)

Whoop
03-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Are you asking to start threads on all those points separately? You can if you want. I won't stop you. And you know as well as I why this thread now has legs.

Because he is the best player on the team and the captain of the team. So of course he'll get more scrutiny. It comes with the territory and the money.

Peterson and Sturgis sucked before. You start a thread on those guys and other than Armen responding, it would be like tumbleweeds in there because you're stating the obvious. LOL

kaos197O
03-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Probably DeRo.

I'll bid on it out of spite for the hatred in this thread

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:36 AM

I was making a point about how people around here claim that it's about the "football" when it's really about looking for a scapegoat other than their sacred cow players. For players that get as much positive ratings around here (including some touting them as possible "captain" material), the players that constituted our backline on Saturday looked like a beer league defense but nary a peep about them! If people around here were really upset about the loss, then they'd be talking about what actually caused it. Instead, they're more concerned about how the prominent players behaved after the loss. Ridiculous.

Gazza
03-21-2011, 10:39 AM
I was making a point about how people around here claim that it's about the "football" when it's really about looking for a scapegoat other than their sacred cow players. For players that get as much positive ratings around here, the players that constituted our backline on Saturday looked like a beer league defense. If people around here were really upset about the loss, then they'd be talking about what actually caused it. Instead, they're more concerned about how the prominent players behaved after the loss. Ridiculous.

Well said. Although i have no problem with tactics...personnel is another story. If everyone else on the team did their job as efficient as de ro, we aren't talking about a loss today.

Fort York Redcoat
^Good. I'll meet you there in a thread actually about football. This twitter forum is getting heavy.:D

Roogsy
Probably DeRo.

He outbid me for a Lenny Kravitz guitar once at a charity event.

I will never forgive him.

I am surprised I defend him as much as I do. I should ask for that guitar in payment for all the work I do. :D

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Because he is the best player on the team and the captain of the team. So of course he'll get more scrutiny. It comes with the territory and the money.

Peterson and Sturgis sucked before. You start a thread on those guys and other than Armen responding, it would be like tumbleweeds in there because you're stating the obvious. LOL

:lol:

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I'll bid on it out of spite for the hatred in this thread

Careful, you might end up winning.

kaos197O
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Careful, you might end up winning.

And you'd see me wearing it proudly at every TFC match that followed! :scarf:

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 10:46 AM
And you'd see me wearing it proudly at every TFC match that followed! :scarf:

Washed, I would hope.:)

And you could one day tell your grandkids "this is the jersey that DeRo wore when he scored the 8,000th goal in MLS history". Sweet.

TOBOR !
03-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I wish Dunfield's goal was the 8,000th. If you told him it was the 8,000th goal in MLS history he would've run straight to the harbour and dove in. Even if 8,000 is a bit of a lame milestone.

No-one gets excited when their odometer hits 8,000 Km.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 10:57 AM
That reminds me...my car is nearing 100,000. Time to start looking for a new car!

Wull
03-21-2011, 10:58 AM

I suggest replacing her with the Iron Sheik

Whoop
03-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Question:
If DeRo was playing with Celtic would he be tweeting?

And what would the reaction be if he tweeted something like that after a Celtic loss to Rangers?

I gather the reaction would be the same, no?

TOBOR !
That reminds me...my car is nearing 100,000. Time to start looking for a new car!

make sure you tweet that shit !

Whoop
:lol:

The thread would be dead because there would be much argument or debate. LOL

kaos197O
03-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Washed, I would hope.:)

And you could one day tell your grandkids "this is the jersey that DeRo wore when he scored the 8,000th goal in MLS history". Sweet.

I could also tell them that it was the first goal that was scored by TFC against a Canadian opponent in MLS. I was a huge day for soccer in Canada. I could also tell them about how he was the most prolific goal scorer that TFC had in their history (it'll be while before someone comes close to the numbers he puts up). I could also tell them about the charity that benefitted from my money. There's pleny more but I'm certain that most of you don't care.

Wull
03-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Here is a question:

No, I also wouldn't have been too upset if he'd made his cheque-signing gesture the week before after potting the winner against Houston in the 90th minute. Timing is everything Roogsy

Suds
03-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Wow. Someone throws out a message under 140 characters on DeRo's twitter account after one game and we have 6 pages of debate on it.

Even as someone who took issue with DeRo's actions in the off season I think this is way over the top. He was one of the few players that actually dederves to show his face after that game.

Torontotonto
03-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I could care less what DeRo did or didn't tweet.
We lost the game, our defence sucked.

At least we can count on DeRo to net one for us.

Can someone close this stupid thread.

Mango Kid
03-21-2011, 01:05 PM
I suggest replacing her with the Iron Sheik

"I make you humble."

Man that is funny stuff.

Jamaicanadian
03-21-2011, 01:07 PM
If you want to talk about formation and tactics, there's a place for that. This is a thread about DeRo's twitter account. Pretty obvious what the content will be. If you don't want to talk about it or don't think it's at all important...it's not hard to ignore.

You sir are aptly named!
Rest assured I will continue to enjoy this board as I see fit!
Thank you for your hard work and contribution!

Jamaicanadian
03-21-2011, 01:14 PM
bHJDRgVwcP8

Thanks Roogsy! LMAO
I pictured Dero sitting there and substituted TWITTER for practice!
I'm crying right now hahahahahahahahah

ManUtd4ever
03-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Wow. Someone throws out a message under 140 characters on DeRo's twitter account after one game and we have 6 pages of debate on it.

Even as someone who took issue with DeRo's actions in the off season I think this is way over the top. He was one of the few players that actually dederves to show his face after that game.

:iagree:

Jeffro
03-21-2011, 01:25 PM
This is fucking embarrassing guys. Embarrassing for a lot of people in this thread on both sides, and embarrassing for Red Patch Boys as a group. Is this what we want our supporters group to represent? If it weren't for things like the Hardchorus shoot, keeping perspective on what RPB is about, I think this messageboard would have made me quit RPB this offseason.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Sorry Jeff...not sure what this thread has to do with representing RPB. This thread is representative of conversations all fans and supporters are having, in all places. As are all threads.

Nodoubtguy
03-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Sorry Jeff...not sure what this thread has to do with representing RPB. This thread is representative of conversations all fans and supporters are having, in all places. As are all threads.

Hey Roogsy....we finally agree on something in this thread! hahaha

Jeff, it's not that big a deal. Were just discussing both sides we feel here. Nothing to make a statement like that on.

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Not true Sal...I think we can agree the Iverson "practice" video is hilarious no? :D

Nodoubtguy
03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Not true Sal...I think we can agree the Iverson "practice" video is hilarious no? :D

hahaha....true

Jeffro
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM

Oh, but it does represent RPB, and it's not the topic itself that I'm talking about. I usually know better than to read these threads, but it's clearly a debate which will never die, off I go.... :)

Roogsy
03-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I think it represents TFC fans and the varying opinions we have. Since participants in all threads are members and non-members, and include varying opinions from each group, I have never taken the discussions to indicate anything about anyone particular.

TFC OZZ
03-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I can't believe this thread. Couldn't give two shits what the guy tweets after the game to be honest.

werewolf
03-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Who decides what is thread worthy?

If he tweets this Saturday night..."the fans were awful, what a bunch of whiny pricks", nobody should be bothered? How about "this team sucks, I want my contract cancelled", no worries?

I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but it seems the most extreme opinions in this thread are people making noise about not caring.

DichioTFC
03-21-2011, 07:49 PM
i feel so strongly about my non-opinion, that i have to discuss it where other people are discussing their opinions.

I liked his post on facebook about the 8000th goal. I don't expect much from our one point seven million dollar man any more, just waiting for his retirement so we can use his cap space to sign better players for our team.

Oldtimer
03-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Who decides what is thread worthy?

If he tweets this Saturday night..."the fans were awful, what a bunch of whiny pricks", nobody should be bothered? How about "this team sucks, I want my contract cancelled", no worries?

I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but it seems the most extreme opinions in this thread are people making noise about not caring.

Agreed.

I think the real issue in this thread is that it seems to some people like this is yet another example of "MeRo" putting himself ahead of the team. It may not be true to read that into his tweet, but people are now justifiably suspicious of everything that DeRo does that seems to point in that direction.