PDA

View Full Version : RPB Shoeless Joe's Viewing - Thank You

FluSH
03-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I was pleased to see a full house - standing room only -at Joe's yesterday. This is pretty good considering we had three other viewing parties accross the GTA and beyond. There were lots of new faces and some unexpected civilians as well who got a taste of Toronto FC. I also want to say thanks to our guests from NEE who taught us a new chant.

We did ok with our chants considering we had no drummer. For those who attendend here's a recap of chants that you should know for opening day:

Fight for the badge (sounds a lot better than in the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzC0y7F3OjI&feature=player_embedded#at=19

Bro Hymn - We Love Toronto
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=21835#post21835

Falling in Love with you
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21191

Auld Lang Syne - You're in our Hearts
You're in our hearts, You're in our blood
We love you TFC!
I'd rather die than see you lose
Forever Victory! Laalalalalalallala...

Anyhow we lost our first game, but at least we had some good company at Joe's to drink the pain away with... Oh yeah and this is the BEST Drunken song after a loss:

Love of My Life (just the first two paragraphs)
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21286&highlight=love+of+my+life.

flatpicker
03-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I was happy that we busted out "We Won't Back Down" last night.
It's a good song to sing after getting scored on.

FluSH
03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
I was happy that we busted out "We Won't Back Down" last night.
It's a good song to sing after getting scored on.

YEES! How could I forget... this was alive!! alive I tell ya....

We won't back down
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=619&highlight=We+won%27t+back+down

I was actually looking at you the first time we ran it through but you were socializing lol :drinking:

Darlofletch
03-20-2011, 10:29 AM
I was pleased to see a full house - standing room only -at Joe's yesterday. This is pretty good considering we had three other viewing parties accross the GTA and beyond. There were lots of new faces and some unexpected civilians as well who got a taste of Toronto FC. I also want to say thanks to our guests from NEE who taught us a new chant.

We did ok with our chants considering we had no drummer. For those who attendend here's a recap of chants that you should know for opening day:

Anyhow we lost our first game, but at least we had some good company at Joe's to drink the pain away with... Oh yeah and this is the BEST Drunken song after a loss:

Love of My Life (just the first two paragraphs)
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21286&highlight=love+of+my+life. (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21286&highlight=love+of+my+life.)

love of my life was a thoroughly inspired choice at that moment.

TorontoGooner
03-20-2011, 10:35 AM
First RPB event I went to. Loved to say I had a good time except for the result and the Italian douchebags that diner dashed their table next to mine, made the waitress cry 'cos the manager told she was going to have to pay the bill, meaning I ended up paying theirs out of pity.

Hope it's not always like that!

FluSH
03-20-2011, 10:46 AM
First RPB event I went to. Loved to say I had a good time except for the result and the Italian douchebags that diner dashed their table next to mine, made the waitress cry 'cos the manager told she was going to have to pay the bill, meaning I ended up paying theirs out of pity.

That's a very nice thing of you to do. I saw the commotion afterwards, and she was pretty distraught. It's sad that some people will take advantage of a TFC packed house to do this kind of shit. I offered my help but I hope that Joe has it on Video. Anyhow, You did good. Come say hi next time... a pint is on me!

Roogsy
03-20-2011, 10:48 AM

Solid play dude. That is stand up right there. :thumbsup:

What a bunch of Assholes.

TFC Bhoy
03-20-2011, 10:52 AM
had a great time (minus the result). Great seeing all you again, had a great time. Got to hear some of the new tunes in our repertoire for the season.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2011, 10:53 AM

Glad to hear everyone had a good time at Joe's, that is crap about the dasher, in my opinion the wait staff should not be on the hook if it happens but that is a discussion for another day.

FluSH
03-20-2011, 10:56 AM
had a great time (minus the result). Great seeing all you again, had a great time. Got to hear some of the new tunes in our repertoire for the season.

I agree... didn't like the result but I could have been at home sulking it... It's better losing together and losing drunk haha.

Whoop
03-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Had a great time despite the result. But it's not the end of the world. Another day we will celebrate a victory.

TorontoGooner
03-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks boys, didn't do it for a pint but I never turn a beer down! Plus I was there with my missus and she accused me of being like Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) recently. I had a point to prove to her! Haha. Plus the barmaid was pretty cute. ;)

Solid atmosphere overall. Never been to a TFC party but I think I'll make it a habit. I know you guys get sick of hearing it, so I'll skirt round the edges, but a pub-style atmosphere is what I've needed since moving from England and you boys provide it. Nice one!

Keep it up

FluSH
03-20-2011, 12:12 PM
I was also going to say that I was hoping to see Gino come by and do "Can you Feel our Passion" but we never really started the chant. It will have to wait until game day I guess.

ginkster88
03-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Glad to hear everyone had a good time at Joe's, that is crap about the dasher, in my opinion the wait staff should not be on the hook if it happens but that is a discussion for another day.

Worst asshole management story I ever heard: a few clowns were living it up, bought a huge bottle ($5000) and ended up with a bill over 10k. They left no tip and ran out. The house still tried to collect their .08 off of the poor girl's gross for the night, which would have been around $800 out of her own pocket. She, along with many other staff, quit on the spot that night.

Whoop
03-20-2011, 12:25 PM
LOL... I figured Gino wouldn't be leaving the Duke. LOL

habstfc
03-20-2011, 03:05 PM

It's actually against the law for an establishment to hold any employee responsible for an unpaid bill. If she had to pay the bill she should call the labour board and lodge a complaint. They will tell her the same thing.

phonzo
03-20-2011, 03:25 PM

that's awesome I didn't realize that happened...that was very kind of you!

Also I had a great time, throat is a bit sore which clearly means I need to get it ready before Saturday. Thanks to everyone that came out and took part it's always easier to suffer defeat when surrounded by fellow supporters.

Also grats to those that won prizes :p....oh beer jacket baby! :)

nfitz
03-20-2011, 04:08 PM
It's actually against the law for an establishment to hold any employee responsible for an unpaid bill. If she had to pay the bill she should call the labour board and lodge a complaint. They will tell her the same thing.I'm not sure why establishments under such chaotic circumstances even allow people to run a tab. Surely it's simpler for everyone just to go cash and carry.

I've seen more than once when someone has simply forgotten to pay - cash-and-carry would take of that, as well as those who'd take advantage of such chaos.

If we're talking the same Gino, I don't think he appeared in the Duke either ...

phonzo
03-20-2011, 04:36 PM
actually for gamedays it is cash and carry unless they know you...some of us always get a tab :p

Yagbod
03-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Watched it in a booth tv at niagara Joe's. Manager told me they should scrap the whole league. Fucking soccer snob douche bag. I'm all decked out in the colours and that is the first thing he says to me.

Can't wait to watch with real fans again this weekend at BMO.

Red CB Toronto
03-20-2011, 05:45 PM
actually for gamedays it is cash and carry unless they know you...some of us always get a tab :p

I know its cash only at the bar, but if you are at a table you get your bill before you leave.

FluSH
03-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Watched it in a booth tv at niagara Joe's. Manager told me they should scrap the whole league. Fucking soccer snob douche bag. I'm all decked out in the colours and that is the first thing he says to me.

Can't wait to watch with real fans again this weekend at BMO.

wow

clearly he has no idea.

Boris
03-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I would like ot thank everyone that came out.
I hope we can get the same size crowds as the season goes on.

Thanks to anyone that helped out yesterday.

Regardless of the team, I am damn proud of this group

Nodoubtguy
03-20-2011, 06:26 PM
regardless of the result....I love that I can show up at Joe's, see people I like and have have a good night.

TorontoGooner
03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Great night, and the waitress didn't charge my card. Apparently she told my girlfriend she didn't have to. Maybe I should let my girlfriend have my credit card more often. Actually, maybe not.

flatpicker
03-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Part of me wishes that there were fewer RPB at Joe's on game days.
The reason being... I can no longer remember anyone's name!
My memory is bad enough as is...
Between board names, and real names... I'm a lost cause!
:D

denime
03-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out ,it was great atmosphere despite the loss.
I like new chant,It's catchy and it might spread around the BMO Field easy.

I also want to say thanks to our guests from NEE who taught us a new chant.

Aida Tune :

Allez TFC Allez
TFC allez,
TFC allez
TFC TFC TFC

Ohhhhhhhhhhh
Ohhhhhhhh
Ohhhhhh
Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Lalalalalalalala
Lalalalala
Lalalalala
Lalalalalalala

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OP02qZVduI0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OP02qZVduI0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

RedRum
03-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Good times, despite the result. I know I speak for all NEE in attendence when I say a big thanks to our RPB brethren for the hospitality... that was so kind of you guys to save us a table. Likewise, it was good to learn some of your new chants as well. So often the learning is done on the fly at away matches, we should do this more often.

Good to see many familiar faces - my brother Boris pimpin' the beard lol!!

P.S. - Phonzo I am convinced you need to be on medication :D

Pinkie
03-20-2011, 10:07 PM
last night was awesome!! loved the cross restaurant chanting ...thanks to the "capos" standing on their chairs for leading us through the chants.

funny story - we had a birthday party behind us (underneath the tv screen) and at first had a WTF look on their faces, but soon enough started to clap and video tape us.

can't wait till next saturday:D

Whoop
03-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Good times, despite the result. I know I speak for all NEE in attendence when I say a big thanks to our RPB brethren for the hospitality... that was so kind of you guys to save us a table. Likewise, it was good to learn some of your new chants as well. So often the learning is done on the fly at away matches, we should do this more often.

Good to see many familiar faces - my brother Boris pimpin' the beard lol!!

Good to have you guys there!

Next time we'll have a drum, promise. LOL

phonzo
03-20-2011, 10:36 PM

I worry what would happen...thanks for coming out gents :thumbsup:

Parkdale
03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
sounds like fun was had!

normally when I'm away, I get this "oh shit... what went wrong" feeling. I'm thrilled to see that it was uncalled for, and that people had a great time in the company of like minded supporters.

DaviRed
03-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Amazing atmosphere at Joe's, I brought the girlfriend and friend by and they were in total awe at not only how great it was to have the support of the established for allowing us to do what we do best but also at the dedication, passion and love we all share for not just football, but our team Toronto FC! I didn't realize till it was brought to my attention on Saturday but we are a very multicultural group and it was shown that win or lose, we are Toronto FC! I've already been told that April 9th we're back there and with even more friends!

BeerBaron95
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Amazing atmosphere at Joe's, I brought the girlfriend and friend by and they were in total awe at not only how great it was to have the support of the established for allowing us to do what we do best but also at the dedication, passion and love we all share for not just football, but our team Toronto FC! I didn't realize till it was brought to my attention on Saturday but we are a very multicultural group and it was shown that win or lose, we are Toronto FC! I've already been told that April 9th we're back there and with even more friends!

Right on brother
:flare:

scooter
03-21-2011, 09:25 PM
yes it was a good night and always awesome for rpb's to be together as one

phonzo
03-21-2011, 10:02 PM
sounds like fun was had!

normally when I'm away, I get this "oh shit... what went wrong" feeling. I'm thrilled to see that it was uncalled for, and that people had a great time in the company of like minded supporters.

except when Boris handed me a mic..

Pinkie
03-21-2011, 10:14 PM
except when Boris handed me a mic..

i don't know who loves the mic more..martin or parkie?

BeerBaron95
03-21-2011, 10:18 PM
i don't know who loves the mic more..martin or parkie?

One of lifes questions that has no true answer... definite brain buster for sure.
:flare:

Icicle
03-22-2011, 02:54 PM
It was a great night I agree....I was waiting the whole week for it.... Honestly, I was missing the atmosphere of being around fans and chanting for the team.....See you guys at the home opener :)

Code Red
03-23-2011, 12:39 AM
I too had a great time despite the result. It was my first visit to Shoeless Joe's and I was more than impressed with the full house, chanting and atmosphere. I felt a great sense of pride being amongst people who love and support the club as much as I do.

Now I get to take in my very first TFC game on Saturday and judging by the atmosphere at Shoeless Joe's, I don't think I'll be dissapointed come Saturday.

Forza TFC!