PDA

View Full Version : Who Has Ultimately Ruined This team ??

OurGame
03-20-2011, 09:55 AM
There is no question Mo jo is to blame for a tonne of things that have hurt TFC.. He was clearly useless is so many ways..

My question is WHO is or are the people that have sunk this team to Rock bottom..

where is the accountability in the FO .. coaches come and go and are the goats but who makes all the big decisions is the offices??????

Joe Kool
03-20-2011, 09:57 AM
It is 1 game....relax.

Voodooman
03-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Man this is like the opposite of the Leafs. They win first 4 games, and everyone thinks Stanley Cup. We lose one game, and we talk about last place...

AL-MO
03-20-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm trying to look forward and leave the past.....in the past.

MoJo wrecked this team, and its going to take some patience to see the performances we all want.

I'm just hoping that the backline isn't like swiss cheese all year. It would make it a lot easier to watch.

AL-MO
It is 1 game....relax.

Agreed JK.

gmacpheetfc
You did OurGame with this stupid thread

ricciboy
03-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Mo jo dun goofed! Its just one game, we can beat Portland next week

King Jeff
03-20-2011, 10:18 AM
It is 1 game....relax.

This.

OurGame
03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
see Vancouver .. and I will not relax .. enjoy your inflated tics overpriced food and bev and being a walking ad.. THE FO has done nothing but screw this team up ..

ran a good business that's it.. But on your back.. enjoy

just keep twittering FO it's all fun and games

ManUtd4ever
03-20-2011, 10:29 AM
This is an absolutely ridiculous thread.

OurGame, you seem to have a very short fuse, so for the sake of your own health, you should probably find another hobby.

AL-MO
03-20-2011, 10:30 AM
see Vancouver .. and I will not relax .. enjoy your inflated tics overpriced food and bev and being a walking ad.. THE FO has done nothing but screw this team up ..

LOL

Tell me something I don't know. You act like we are all clueless around here.

[NBF]
03-20-2011, 10:32 AM
You have to admit that Mo Johnston, didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing, and made sure that noone knew it was entirely his fault.

What hurst the most is that Jason Kreis was a new manager in 2007 with Salt Lake and I always considered him to be completely useless, but look at him now, he's won the league and still has a chance to win again this season.

Fushida
03-20-2011, 10:34 AM
It is 1 game....relax.
where has this voice of reason been all this time?

i see what you did there, you sly beast.

you knew the answer all along. but you had to make this shitty thread posing the question so that when some clueless hack comes in all lost and confused about why this team appears in shambles and the season is lost etc etc after a single loss, you can be the savior that gives them the answer.

well that sounds like a reasonable way to spend your time... i applaud you good sir.

OurGame
03-20-2011, 10:35 AM
^^^^^ so why does everyone pledge there hearts to this faceless corporation.. There is no goddamm reason that you should love this team ..
The players could give a fuck about us .. and mlse laughs in your face believe that ..

muntd / this is my hobby and yes I am pissed at this shit team

OurGame
03-20-2011, 10:36 AM
where has this voice of reason been all this time?

i see what you did there, you sly beast.

haha lol<3:flare:

you knew the answer all along. but you had to make this shitty thread posing the question so that when some clueless hack comes in all lost and confused about why this team appears in shambles and the season is lost etc etc after a single loss, you can be the savior that gives them the answer.

well that sounds like a reasonable way to spend your time... i applaud you good sir.

u got me

Roogsy
03-20-2011, 10:36 AM
What is with you guys and constantly criticizing threads? It's just as bad as anyone else wanting to criticize the team. Don't like the thread topic? Don't post in it. Easy. And guess what? By not posting, you actually HELP the thread die off instead of keeping it up at the top.

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2011, 10:45 AM
I'd like to answer this thread's question with a question-

When was this team not ruined? I mean, we've had the same ownership from day one so to ask who ruined it implies at one time it was great once.

So at what time were you content with this teams ownership and direction?

OurGame
03-20-2011, 10:45 AM
What is with you guys and constantly criticizing threads? It's just as bad as anyone else wanting to criticize the team. Don't like the thread topic? Don't post in it. Easy. And guess what? By not posting, you actually HELP the thread die off instead of keeping it up at the top.

Thank you very much .. In fact it kills me that I cannot discuss the complete lack of FO mgmt .. its pathetic ..

The Team sucks utter shit just awful .. @ twitter

heads should friggin roll move these shlubs out ..
having passion for this team is not worth it ..
hangin out with boyz and girls on a sat is all its good for ..

fyi i always but 4 heinekin cans on my person because I would never spend one cent at that craphole to make them more money

OurGame
03-20-2011, 10:47 AM

When was this team not ruined? I mean, we've had the same ownership from day one so to ask who ruined it implies at one time it was great once.

agreed , that being said we should just leave it status quo?????

Fushida
03-20-2011, 10:52 AM

heard MLSE are selling. i got a few bucks in my pocket, you can pitch in the next $1.3b.

i got your back man.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-20-2011, 10:52 AM
just one question, and im actually curious, not trying to antagonize but why support the team at all if its completely ruined and you hate teh ownership? why give them more money and attention if you feel they dont deserve it?

Roogsy
03-20-2011, 10:53 AM
heard MLSE are selling. i got a few bucks in my pocket, you can pitch in the next $1.3b.

i got your back man.

:lol:

I gotta admit this one made me laugh.

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2011, 11:00 AM

You misunderstand me here. I'm not simply complaining. I'm commenting on the fact that this team has NOT been ruined. It's still being built. I and most everyone think this is an unacceptable rate. Clearly you believe something more should be done to change the leadership of this franchise.

We know the people in charge so what are you really proposing???

Cashcleaner
03-20-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't blame Mo Johnston the most for our track record. He deserves some share of the guilt for our current form, true enough, but not the majority of it.

Who really deserves the blame is the man who signed him and kept him on the payroll for almost four seasons.

Whoop
03-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Exactly Cash.

Mo was responsible for hiring coaches and finding players.

But someone was responsible for hiring Mo.

ArmenJBX
03-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I have a feeling Jurgen Klinsmann has not done enough for this club.
He should have at least gotten us a DP as well, to call it a proper job.
What he did was point at a random dutch guy, an MLS former coach, and then left.

OurGame
03-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Exactly Cash.

Mo was responsible for hiring coaches and finding players.

But someone was responsible for hiring Mo.

move them on is what I am saying ..

Who makes these decisions????
get rid of them they are not doing a good enough job

jloome
03-20-2011, 11:29 AM
I have a feeling Jurgen Klinsmann has not done enough for this club.
He should have at least gotten us a DP as well, to call it a proper job.
What he did was point at a random dutch guy, an MLS former coach, and then left.

Ignorant. "A random dutch guy." No, a guy in charge of the youth program, for developing a team, at Ajax. And two team officials in Winter and Marriner with playing resumes far beyond anything in MLS.

You're just feeling bitchy over yesterday. Think about this one Jimmy.

rocker
03-20-2011, 11:32 AM
get rid of them they are not doing a good enough job

after one game?

So if we bring in the next regime and they lose one game, we fire them too?

and then if we bring in the next regime and they win the first game, we keep them? until they lose game 2, and then we fire them?

Jason Kreis and Shellas Hyndman woulda been fired before making MLS Cup and CONCACAF champions league if this approach had been taken.

Gazza
03-20-2011, 11:38 AM
One game with the same defense as last year and Aaron Winter is now referred to as "random dutch guy."

Good grief.

Fushida
03-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Ignorant. "A random dutch guy." No, a guy in charge of the youth program, for developing a team, at Ajax. And two team officials in Winter and Marriner with playing resumes far beyond anything in MLS.

You're just feeling bitchy over yesterday. Think about this one Jimmy.

do they have coaching stats in fifa11? that might be your answer.

just teasing jimmy :) i agree with the sentiment that the return from Klinsmann's consultation leaves a bit to be desired.

OurGame
03-20-2011, 11:44 AM
after one game?

and then if we bring in the next regime and they win the first game, we keep them? until they lose game 2, and then we fire them?

Jason Kreis and Shellas Hyndman woulda been fired before making MLS Cup and CONCACAF champions league if this approach had been taken.

not the coaches / these guys have potential ..

FO heads need to roll

Fushida
03-20-2011, 11:46 AM
not the coaches / these guys have potential ..

FO heads need to roll

wait.. but the FO brought in the coaches with potential, but they're doing a bad job and need to go, yet they did a good job with bringing in the coaches with potential, still they need to go.

i'm confused.

OurGame
03-20-2011, 12:04 PM
wait.. but the FO brought in the coaches with potential, but they're doing a bad job and need to go, yet they did a good job with bringing in the coaches with potential, still they need to go.

i'm confused.

exactly , see what they are doing to us .. making us mental

jabbronies
03-20-2011, 12:13 PM
after one game?

I think he is referring to MLSE big wigs. Not winter and co.

nascarguy
03-20-2011, 04:09 PM
I think he is referring to MLSE big wigs. Not winter and co.
yep MLSE has ruined all the teams they own

denime
03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
;1249663']You have to admit that Mo Johnston, didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing, and made sure that noone knew it was entirely his fault.

What hurst the most is that Jason Kreis was a new manager in 2007 with Salt Lake and I always considered him to be completely useless, but look at him now, he's won the league and still has a chance to win again this season.

Good that you mention him.

Tell me one difference between RSL and TFC since 2007.

First they did not listen to you because like you and other supportres who thought he was useless.
RSL gave him time we never gave to TFC FO and TFC FO being morons as they are were reading to much into RPB,NEE or U-Sector boards and made moves to satisfy costumers by rebuilding after every season.

Even Jason Kreis complained when Preki was fired, saying that less than a season was not enough time to get a team in place playing the way you want with the talent you want.

I think Kreis is credible on the subject:

“I feel very positive about one thing, that giving a coach less than a season is, frankly, completely unfair,” Kreis said. “And I don't understand such decisions. Mo's been there a long time, so if you feel like a big change or a shake-up needs to be made, fair enough. But to give a guy less than a full season to turn a team around is an impossibility.

“So it's a scary situation,” he added, “and every time as a coach you see that, you're going to … scratch your head and ask yourself if you're in the right occupation.”

So here we are doing the same shit again,asking for heads to fly after one ,actually 1st game in the season.

denime
03-20-2011, 04:48 PM

The only problem I see with this thread is discussion that we will have here already exist in other thread:
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27101

Do we really need several threads with very much same topic aka DeRO/MeRo threads?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-20-2011, 05:21 PM

First they did not listen to you because like you and other supportres who thought he was useless.
RSL gave him time we never gave to TFC FO and TFC FO being morons as they are were reading to much into RPB,NEE or U-Sector boards and made moves to satisfy costumers by rebuilding after every season.

Even Jason Kreis complained when Preki was fired, saying that less than a season was not enough time to get a team in place playing the way you want with the talent you want.

“I feel very positive about one thing, that giving a coach less than a season is, frankly, completely unfair,” Kreis said. “And I don't understand such decisions. Mo's been there a long time, so if you feel like a big change or a shake-up needs to be made, fair enough. But to give a guy less than a full season to turn a team around is an impossibility.

“So it's a scary situation,” he added, “and every time as a coach you see that, you're going to … scratch your head and ask yourself if you're in the right occupation.”

So here we are doing the same shit again,asking for heads to fly after one ,actually 1st game in the season.

Well said

OurGame
03-20-2011, 05:27 PM
My main concern is that MLSE has mismanaged this team no two ways about it ..

a monkey could have done a better job .. My issue is that they are concerned with us as a mark $ that's it..
The supporters are not taken seriously I can promise u that .. even tho it is on your backs the vocal supporters that created so much revenue by creating a buzz and atmosphere at BMO

P-NUTZ
03-22-2011, 09:46 AM
harold ballard

Blazer
03-22-2011, 09:49 AM
“Ruined” suggests that this club was once built. We are the best thing going for this club after 5 years. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing?!

Wagner
03-22-2011, 09:50 AM
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/454/dbe/454dbe4b-6a87-4e0d-8c0d-5ff7b6ca9569

TFC OZZ
03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
You did OurGame with this stupid thread

+1

Most intelligent thing that has been said today.

OurGame
03-22-2011, 10:27 AM
ya enjoy your toronto football club light it up this year ...

like I have said the only good thing about TFC is spending time with your buds.. The team sucks and they overcharge .. but hey I am the problem .. haha..

TFCRegina
03-22-2011, 10:32 AM
There is no question Mo jo is to blame for a tonne of things that have hurt TFC.. He was clearly useless is so many ways..

My question is WHO is or are the people that have sunk this team to Rock bottom..

where is the accountability in the FO .. coaches come and go and are the goats but who makes all the big decisions is the offices??????

Ruined implies that it's ever been above rock bottom.

Pachuco
03-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I believe Dero's twittering is at fault.

trane
03-22-2011, 12:41 PM

Amen.

AmherstNY_TFC
03-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I can't help myself here, but I have to chime in.

Maybe the question isn't so much "Who 'ruined' this team?" but "Why does this team continue to get consistently worse year after year?" There is the real possibility that TFC is headed in the right direction, but, so far, all we have is hope right now.

Those RPB's on this thread complaining about corporate ownership are more right than they think. It seems as though, like many big corporations, there is a 'bottom line" definition of success. Because the seats are filled, the tv ratings are decent, merchandise sales are good, and the venture is profitable. If the venture is profitable, then everything is fine.

In the four years this club has been in existence, can anyone think of any long-term plan for success that has been in place. It seems that management only offers short-term solutions to problems. Make this trade, hire this coach, bring in this free agent, and it will solve the short-term problem.

But, there is no vision as to what kind of club TFC wants to be. We haven't had any idea what kind of soccer they want to play. How are they scouting and signing players who fit into that style? Is the team to be built via the draft, through signing established professionals, or a combination of the two?

Has management been asking itself every day: "What can be done to improve this team?" I doubt it. It seems that there is no plan for the draft, no rhyme or reason to free agent and Designated Player signings. Other than Frei, how many draft picks are with the first team? So far, our Designated Player signings have been poor. Julian deGuzman is a square peg in a round hole, and Mista may have been a bigger flop than Denilson.

Some of us have fallen into the same trap that MLSE finds itself. There are those who want to give Aron Winter one year to get it right, or else he's gone. Playing "Musical Chairs" with managers is an example of the short term groupthink that MLSE has. Cashier the coach, and the fans will be placated.

We know why the team is bottoming out. Poor management that has not used the Super Draft wisely, brought in Designated Players who haven't proved worthy of the status, and bad free agent signings. It is going to take several years to undo the damage that has been done. They've replaced 12 players, and have a defined the playing style. They have possibly found a player personnel guy who can identify players who can succeed in MLS. now that they're in a hole, at least management seems to have figured out to stop digging.

OurGame
03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I can't help myself here, but I have to chime in.

Maybe the question isn't so much "Who 'ruined' this team?" but "Why does this team continue to get consistently worse year after year?" There is the real possibility that TFC is headed in the right direction, but, so far, all we have is hope right now.

Those RPB's on this thread complaining about corporate ownership are more right than they think. It seems as though, like many big corporations, there is a 'bottom line" definition of success. Because the seats are filled, the tv ratings are decent, merchandise sales are good, and the venture is profitable. If the venture is profitable, then everything is fine.

In the four years this club has been in existence, can anyone think of any long-term plan for success that has been in place. It seems that management only offers short-term solutions to problems. Make this trade, hire this coach, bring in this free agent, and it will solve the short-term problem.

But, there is no vision as to what kind of club TFC wants to be. We haven't had any idea what kind of soccer they want to play. How are they scouting and signing players who fit into that style? Is the team to be built via the draft, through signing established professionals, or a combination of the two?

Has management been asking itself every day: "What can be done to improve this team?" I doubt it. It seems that there is no plan for the draft, no rhyme or reason to free agent and Designated Player signings. Other than Frei, how many draft picks are with the first team? So far, our Designated Player signings have been poor. Julian deGuzman is a square peg in a round hole, and Mista may have been a bigger flop than Denilson.

Some of us have fallen into the same trap that MLSE finds itself. There are those who want to give Aron Winter one year to get it right, or else he's gone. Playing "Musical Chairs" with managers is an example of the short term groupthink that MLSE has. Cashier the coach, and the fans will be placated.

We know why the team is bottoming out. Poor management that has not used the Super Draft wisely, brought in Designated Players who haven't proved worthy of the status, and bad free agent signings. It is going to take several years to undo the damage that has been done. They've replaced 12 players, and have a defined the playing style. They have possibly found a player personnel guy who can identify players who can succeed in MLS. now that they're in a hole, at least management seems to have figured out to stop digging.

Thankkk you for this post ..
I just don't like corporate types sitting back getting Fat off the peoples backs and producing such a shit product ..
I am not there for expensive beers and mindless ads bombarding me..
So FO enjoy another corporate lunch on me and twtter about it ..
you have doen such a great job in 5 years with the off field stuff ..
keep isolating the true fans

trane
03-22-2011, 02:28 PM
I BLAME THE SUPPORTERS, we expect too much.

Paticullalry DeRoogsy and Parkdelio.

Roogsy
03-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I BLAME THE SUPPORTERS, we expect too much.

Paticullalry DeRoogsy and Parkdelio.

:lol:

trane
03-22-2011, 02:31 PM
^ You are laughin like Nero laughed at a burning Rome.

BFin
03-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I blame Jason DeVos

trane
03-22-2011, 02:39 PM
^ That is good too. He shuold be younger so he could play at the back for us.

brad
03-22-2011, 02:40 PM
I blame Messi and Ronaldo for not being our DP's.

Oldtimer
03-22-2011, 02:42 PM
My main concern is that MLSE has mismanaged this team no two ways about it ..

a monkey could have done a better job .. My issue is that they are concerned with us as a mark $ that's it..
The supporters are not taken seriously I can promise u that .. even tho it is on your backs the vocal supporters that created so much revenue by creating a buzz and atmosphere at BMO

You have quite the agenda. Most of your posts are just MLSE rants, in whatever sport.

Give it a break. Everyone knows ML$E's incompetence.

BFin
03-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I also blame Glenn Healy, he seems to hate everything Toronto related.

trane
03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I blame Messi and Ronaldo for not being our DP's.

Vidic because he is not willing to play for $200,000.

FreekAce
03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
lol at the brainiacs calling for MLSE heads to roll. they own the club, they can field a squad of chimps if they choose to do so.

trane
03-22-2011, 03:51 PM
^ I was being neutral but this kind of post, gets me going. Yes hail the mighty MLSE. Do what you would like you mighty overlords of sport in Toronto.

2mil4dero+santo
03-22-2011, 03:52 PM

Denime, just to be clear from what I see it doesn't look like people are asking for "heads to roll". I think most people are just criticizing some decisions and like me are a little troubled from early signs. I think most people on here agree with you that what we need badly is coaching stability. I still think firing Preki was one of the worst moves this club has made...

2mil4dero+santo
03-22-2011, 03:53 PM
^ I was being neutral but this kind of post, gets me going. Yes hail the mighty MLSE. Do what you would like you mighty overlords of sport in Toronto.

lol when u own something you can kinda do what you want with it...

trane
03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
I do not believe that a coach always needs a full season. Clearly you shold not judge after one game, I always say 10 games as a rull of thunb. BUT if you have played 5 games, and he is playing DeRo at fullback and we are lossing 10-0, I think you have probably seen enough. Having said that a full season of steadily inproving play, even if a shody record may keep your job. I always beleive you have to see what is acctualy happening on the pitch to realy judge completely.

TFCDP
03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
As noted in another thread, I blame the voodoo master who cursed this team 5 years ago for reasons unknown:D

trane
03-22-2011, 03:56 PM
lol when u own something you can kinda do what you want with it...

Yes, but ultimately the custumers have the control, if we decide not to support they loss money and ultimaltely they may no longer own the team. We hold more power that toronto fans understand. We do not come, this is no longer a viable business.

noochie
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok... I'll admit it... it was me.

OurGame
03-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Yes, but ultimately the custumers have the control, if we decide not to support they loss money and ultimaltely they may no longer own the team. We hold more power that toronto fans understand. We do not come, this is no longer a viable business.

wow it took quite a while for someone to come to this answer..
but no I have a hidden agenda and I am a troll or I am negative .. I mean fuck me ..
We have let them RUIN the experience but hey I am a hater ..

trane
03-22-2011, 04:01 PM
^ Accualty, we came up with that answer last year, some of us, me included gave up season, because we wanted to see a new direction for the club. Now there is a new direction and I would pick up seasons in a second. But I am glad I did it.

BFin
03-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Blame the stache:

http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef0147e0440356970b-800wi

nascarguy
03-22-2011, 04:27 PM
^ Accualty, we came up with that answer last year, some of us, me included gave up season, because we wanted to see a new direction for the club. Now there is a new direction and I would pick up seasons in a second. But I am glad I did it.
I let my ticket go the cost is too much.

Thomas
03-22-2011, 06:23 PM
OurGame. Criticism and discussion of TFC, and keeping management on their toes is a good thing. We have just completed our first game of the season (a crap result, I agree)...but I was wondering one thing. Given your general feeling of the club, the high priced beer, terrible stadium etc....why in the world would you consider buying a ticket and attending a game. It sounds like you are writing them off (at least for now), so why even pay them any attention? One other question: Let's say that TFC beat Vancouver 3-2 or a score like that, would you still be as adamant that all upper management should be fired?

OurGame
03-22-2011, 06:46 PM
OurGame. Criticism and discussion of TFC, and keeping management on their toes is a good thing. We have just completed our first game of the season (a crap result, I agree)...but I was wondering one thing. Given your general feeling of the club, the high priced beer, terrible stadium etc....why in the world would you consider buying a ticket and attending a game. It sounds like you are writing them off (at least for now), so why even pay them any attention? One other question: Let's say that TFC beat Vancouver 3-2 or a score like that, would you still be as adamant that all upper management should be fired?

Oh Thomas / I think we know the answer to that question...

toe the line thomas / u always have

OurGame
03-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roogsy http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1251788#post1251788)
I cant believe how they've managed to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. It takes a special kind if incompetence to screw up success that has been handed to you on a silver platter.

Couldn't agree more. Through ticket pricing, security issues, concession pricing, F/O incompetence, on field struggles, really I'm at a loss to find anything done right at this point.

And it's not like they didn't have oodles of input/suggestions/complaints along the way to help them figure it out. Instead they continually tried to bend this thing to their own will through arrogance and self importance.

Anyone have that picture of the champions league empty building? Sadly that may be regular season this year also......
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/quote.gif (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1252730)
Love this / but I am the mlse hater .. this sums it up perfectly

Redcoe15
03-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Or, you can just take this thread starter, named Our Game, and put it on your ignore list. It's obvious, reading its garbage, this n00b has a massive chip on its shoulder and wants to engage anyone who dares question it obnoxiously. Making it dead to you helps enjoy these forums in a mature manner.

Problem solved! :D

Wull
03-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Sacking preki was the second best move this club ever made

FreekAce
03-23-2011, 07:55 AM

havent you noticed? thats exactly what they do. not saying that i disagree with people on their MLSE stance, just that people so adament on venting their anger at them yet continue to support them by handing over their money are hypocrites.

trane
03-23-2011, 09:56 AM
^ Many of this board and in the RPB, have pruposely cut back, to make their point. I did, I know Roogsy did, and many others. Clearly MLSE heard it. Now I want to give them a change, before I get into my usual negativities.