PDA

View Full Version : Non Ontarian TFC Supporters?

Yohan
03-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Post here if you are a TFC supporter and you don't live in Ontario.

Just curious to see how many TFC supporters are there outside of Ontario :)

And how did you get into TFC?

ManUtd4ever
03-19-2011, 11:57 AM
There are a lot of them on the board already. Respect!

swan
03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
from there but moved not sure if that counts

Michigan is where i live now..

[NBF]
03-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Q: Where you at?
A: None of your bees wax.

Q: Why TFC?
A: As a soccer fan it was the only MLS team in the country and the only Canadian team in an U.S. league. Also the team was billed similarly as the Raptors team in 1996. It was "the team" where Canadian players could play within their own country and it would be helpful towards developing future young players. Both teams were sold as "second national teams" in their own sport.

PATRIOTISM:
It's also patriotic to cheer for TFC just like it is to cheer for any Canadian hockey team during the playoffs regardless of whether you like the team or you like hockey.

Inter Milan: I've been a fan of Inter for almost 16 years, why? Roberto Baggio....than it was Ronaldo....than it was Francesco Toldo.....than Ibrahimovic. The team has always been entertaining and heartbreaking.

Canadian National Cricket Team: I was watching the highlights during the hour broadcast of Skysports on FSW and my first thought was "I hope they are able to at least compete", because I never heard of the team. As usual the final results were heartbreakingly close, but I decided I would pay attention to their campaign mainly because they were representing our country.

TFCwestcan
03-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Calgary,
Kind of default interest that has grown over time, as TFC was on CBC and I loved football/soccer, they became my MLS team. I have seen TFC in Chicago, I will see them in Edmonton and hopefully Portland. One day at BMO.

SmokedPanda
03-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Montreal,

I'm from Toronto but i live in Montreal now

Nerepis
03-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Woodman's Point, New Brunswick

Lifetime Football Fan.

You don't pick your team, the team picks you.

Any RPB's outside Ontario feel free to join us "75 Mile Bastards":

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=20679

forza_tfc
03-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Massachusetts. Originally from the hammer, now spreading TFC cheer to New England.

twistedchinaman
03-19-2011, 05:18 PM
CALGARY, bitches.

But you knew that already.

poppamidnight
03-19-2011, 07:08 PM
How about non-british colombian whitecaps fans? Im curious on that.

whaaat....too soon?

Mark in Ottawa
03-19-2011, 07:57 PM
There are soooo many from all over the place.
Check out
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=20679

for the 75 Mile Bastards "Chapter" of TFC Supporters.

TheKing7
03-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I dont think theres many left...

Mark in Ottawa
03-19-2011, 08:04 PM
The non Ontario thingy is kinda funny. My fellow 75MB supporters from Buffalo are closer to BMO field than I am :D

zackdotcom
03-20-2011, 12:20 AM
I live in portland oregon but picket a team in 08 and it was Tdot! having DeRo made it easy!

bigred3
03-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Calgary. But right now I am cheering from Phuket, Thailand.

Milky
03-20-2011, 06:45 AM
I live and work in Munich but am originally from Toronto. Incidentally, does anyone know how I can watch TFC matches from Europe? I'd even be happy with watching a day late somehow.

EastCoastIdgit
03-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Fredericton, NB. Got away from the beautiful game for a while but back in when a friend introduced me to TFC. Made my first visit in '09 to watch the 1-0 defeat to the Puerto Rico Islanders. Beautiful stadium and great supporters even though we managed only to get tickets in the P.R. supporters' section. /facepalm

lazlo_80
03-20-2011, 12:05 PM
I live and work in Munich but am originally from Toronto. Incidentally, does anyone know how I can watch TFC matches from Europe? I'd even be happy with watching a day late somehow.

Download Matchday live from MLS, you can watch every game for like $40

https://mdl.mlssoccer.com/mlsmdl/secure/loginform

Milky
03-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Download Matchday live from MLS, you can watch every game for like $40

https://mdl.mlssoccer.com/mlsmdl/secure/loginform

Thanks Lazlo, but MLS Live is not available outside of Canada and the US. :(

dantdot
03-20-2011, 12:34 PM

There's some links for yesterdays game.

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?41823-Vancouver-vs.-Toronto-%28March-19%29-match-video-thread-no-R

TFC4Magpies
03-20-2011, 02:22 PM
From Toronto

Live in Texas; go to school in South Carolina

lazlo_80
03-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks Lazlo, but MLS Live is not available outside of Canada and the US. :(

Sorry about that Milky, there's always http://atdhe.fm/

boogs06
03-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Supporter from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia since day 1. Married to a Vancouverite that I managed to get to stick with TFC after the Caps were announced to join MLS.

Flashman
03-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Raised in Toronto, spent a couple of years in Vancouver, before settling in Flin Flon, Manitoba 17 years ago.

Proud supporter of TFC since inception, and will be still when we leave here and the wife drags me back to BC...

Detroit_TFC
03-21-2011, 11:46 AM
from there but moved not sure if that counts

Michigan is where i live now..

LOL Michigan contingent keeps on growing!

TFCRegina
03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Post here if you are a TFC supporter and you don't live in Ontario.

Just curious to see how many TFC supporters are there outside of Ontario :)

And how did you get into TFC?

Regina. Started following CCL in late 2008 on CBC (yeah bitch me out for watching the l'impact, I was just happy Canada was winning at soccer somewhere). I wasn't even aware there was pro futbol in Canada until that.

I wasn't willing to say I was an Impact fan before making an informed decision. I started learning about the three Canadian clubs and felt that Toronto FC was the one I identified most with. In January 2009, I bought football manager and took them to an MLS Cup :D. And in the Spring of 2009 I watched my first TFC match. The rest is history.

Soccerpro
03-21-2011, 11:53 AM
From Nova Scotia, live in Thompson, MB

swan
03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
LOL Michigan contingent keeps on growing!

where do you go out to watch the games here if it's not to far i may come out sometime

Detroit_TFC
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
where do you go out to watch the games here if it's not to far i may come out sometime

Local Detroit footie people do a lot of stuff at the Claddagh, in Livonia off of I-275 at Six Mile Road and Haggerty Rd. They don't have Direct Kick though, so MLS games on ESPN & FSC are the ones we can get. We watch a lot Prem games there, if thats of interest.

Now that TFC is on TSN it may be easier to find places in Windsor willing to put the game on.

yanggoh
03-21-2011, 06:50 PM
New York City. Originally from Oakville, but I live down here now.

Vancity RED
03-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Vancouver. Saw my first TFC game in June 2008 knowing I'd be moving to Vancouver in the fall. Knew that hitching my wagon to an MLSE-run team would end up fucking me in the heart but made the conscious choice to go red anyway. Sigh.

DichioTFC
03-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Huzzah Michigan!

@Swan, The Claddagh at Livonia is the place to watch any futbol match in Michigan.

And we need more TFC supporters there, we're a dying breed.

SanStarko
03-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Sunny Kirkcaldy in Scotland. Lived in Toronto for 5 years though so was there for the first two seasons before moving back to Scotland. Thing is when I was considering moving back home one of my concerns was that I'd miss out on seeing our successful seasons...needn't have worried eh.

jloome
03-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Edmonton. When I signed up for the RPBs on the preliminary website in 2006 there 13 people. Only game in town, I decided, having watch lot of CSL and a-league. One day I'll have to buy an actual friggin' membership, eh?

swan
03-21-2011, 10:20 PM
i'm in adrian so it is a drive for me but i might swing out for a tfc game

Detroit_TFC
03-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Huzzah Michigan!

@Swan, The Claddagh at Livonia is the place to watch any futbol match in Michigan.

And we need more TFC supporters there, we're a dying breed.

HA! You, me, Swan, Zizi and Marc (if he was in town) would make quite a TFC crowd. If we could all get to the Claddagh at the same time for a viewing party, the Columbus guys would go apeshit.

swan
03-22-2011, 08:22 AM
apr 23 sat 4 pm vs columbus could be a good one if you all want to get together

i got a new job when i moved here so i have to wait and see what my summers shift hrs are before i can commit

Detroit_TFC
03-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Going to be at that game. TFC away games might be a better bet.

Mark in Ottawa
03-22-2011, 11:18 AM
One day I'll have to buy an actual friggin' membership, eh?
Hell yeah! :cool:

As for me... I am that weird anomaly... a born & bred "more than one generation" Canadian, over 50, who became a soccer fan/player when few others outside of the "ethnic community" were.

I lived and breathed the sport during my teens, playing whenever and wherever I could and I made a lot of great friendships doing so. It was like living in the wilderness waiting for the world cup every 4 years to actually see football on TV. I was so proud in 1986 and then as usual the CSA let us down and the darkness returned.

And then TFC came along and yes I was skeptical. But the Red Patch Boys showed me I wasn't alone so I joined up and have never looked back. Somehow ended up being a founding member of the 75 Mile Bastards and have been loving the experience, despite the few highs and lots of crushing lows.

And wouldn't ya know it... Ottawa got a CSL team for this coming year. I am happy.