PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC Match Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

noochie
03-19-2011, 07:29 PM
they are attacking like a retarted squirrel fucking a baseball

kaos197O
03-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Why are we constantly trying to play the offside trap here, it hasn't been working at all.
Courtesy of Ty Harden. I think I'll buy him a Mercedes after the game.

Heathen
03-19-2011, 07:30 PM
TFC is a much better club than Vancouver, one game does not make a season..I like the approach TFC is taking, yes controlling the ball on the ground is a lot better than any bullshit long ball crap that we have watched every year...how many times in the past did we see the keeper, or garcia, or brennan etc, boot the ball downfield time and time again just to give it away for nothing....Gargan and harden are simply not good enough for the system the new coach is introducing....I doubt either will be with the club much longer....gargan may be a tough, rugged, popular player, but he is a shit passer and runs like my grandmother.

At least if they boot it downfield they're giving it away in the other teams half, Harden and Nana were doing it on the edge of our penalty area!
Ball playing defenders are great... if you have them but, you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

[NBF]
Fuck. Nananananana hey hey good bye

iansmcl
Love the Whitecaps hippie girls.

noochie
it seems that the caps fans watch a lot of Canadiens hockey

ExiledRed
I guess the NCC isnt a given anymore either

iansmcl
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
I guess the NCC isnt a given anymore either

When has it been?

ExiledRed
shit, edmonton are going to whoop us arent they?

lobo
TFC is a much better club than Vancouver, one game does not make a season..I like the approach TFC is taking, yes controlling the ball on the ground is a lot better than any bullshit long ball crap that we have watched every year...how many times in the past did we see the keeper, or garcia, or brennan etc, boot the ball downfield time and time again just to give it away for nothing....Gargan and harden are simply not good enough for the system the new coach is introducing....I doubt either will be with the club much longer....gargan may be a tough, rugged, popular player, but he is a shit passer and runs like my grandmother.

almost every coaching clinic or book tells you to fit your system to the abilities of your players ... winter came in with the opposite philosophy, and i think we're seeing the sad result not finding the right players for the new system ... hope i'm wrong

Soccerpro
03-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm surprised Winter played Harden and Gargan at the back. His system requires mobile, skilled defenders, what was he expecting with two slower grinders?

swan
:rant::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::p uke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:puke:rant:

volunteer
look on the bright side, match could have easily been 7-2

[NBF]
03-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Serioux, I think is a better choice at CB than Harden

Relja
03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
at least its over now......

Troll
03-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Can't wait for the off season.

Heathen
03-19-2011, 07:35 PM
;1249110']Serioux, I think is a better choice at CB than Harden

I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who isn't

Shakes McQueen
03-19-2011, 07:37 PM
almost every coaching clinic or book tells you to fit your system to the abilities of your players ... winter came in with the opposite philosophy, and i think we're seeing the sad result not finding the right players for the new system ... hope i'm wrong

Or he hasn't finished building the club the way he wants it. Winter didn't bring in Gargan, Harden, or Cann. It'll take him some time to populate the roster with the exact people he wants.

I said before the seasonstarted, that I'm fine with the team taking a step backwards performance-wise, as long as it was clear that a coherent system was being implemented, and players that fit that system were being acquired. I stick by that assertion.

Winter wasn't responsible for the mess of the previous four years - he just inherited it. He also inherited the angst and expectations of a success-starved fanbase, which I fear is going to compromise the ability of some people to give him a fair shake at the job.

I don't see this as a "rebuilding" year - I see it as a "building" year. Winter was left no foundations on which to "rebuild" something.

- Scott