PDA

View Full Version : chanting in the GO train tunnel

yellowfellow
07-02-2008, 09:16 AM
I know we had better things to worry/complain about after yesterday's game. But, we were in the GO train tunnel after the game and there were people chanting "This is our house." Like, people please, we just lost a f-king game and you think this chant is appropriate?

I am sorry. After an embarassing lost like this, I feel like putting my pants over my head and walk home in silence.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:23 AM
LOL!

Yeah...I would have been totally pissed hearing that too. I like that people want to chant...but after a loss at our house...it is the most inappropriate thing to sing. It only points to how much people still have to learn.

Idiots.

DOMIN8R
07-02-2008, 09:25 AM
I can't handle the fuckin' tunnel anymore. I have to find another way. I'm going to try and take up poll vaulting over the GO Train tracks.

mclaren
07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Relax guys - at least people were chanting. We will support our team through thick and thin, we won't shut up because of one loss.

magicfro
07-02-2008, 09:33 AM
The tunnel is still great and shows the passion the TFC fans have for their team.
But I really hate the "This is our house" chant! The next thing you know the first-timers will start chanting "Defense" of "Let's Go FC".....

dag
07-02-2008, 09:36 AM
That was (hopefully!) the last game I attend by usingg the GO train. Being a quiet person myself, I'm not a fan of these public displays, regardless of the game's outcome. At least it takes only a few minutes to traverse the tracks through the tunnel, and my eardrums weren't ringing afterward.

Is it any better on the TTC?

noochie
07-02-2008, 09:39 AM
LOL!

Yeah...I would have been totally pissed hearing that too. I like that people want to chant...but after a loss at our house...it is the most inappropriate thing to sing. It only points to how much people still have to learn.

Idiots.

I heard ole ole chants towards the end of the game... I think this is the most inappropriate chant when losing a game. I don't think people understand what it means... I am all for noise but unless we are winning and looking convincing about it, I will never sing this.

Pyeddo
07-02-2008, 09:42 AM
We parked our bikes Atlantic, just north of the GO station, but due to so many douchebags chanting up a storm on the walk under the GO tracks, we now from the stadium, over to Dufferin, then BACK to Atlantic.... the extra 20 mins was well worth not having to listen to part-time fans chanting after a loss. *golf clap*

TFC Cityboy
07-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I know we had better things to worry/complain about after yesterday's game. But, we were in the GO train tunnel after the game and there were people chanting "This is our house." Like, people please, we just lost a f-king game and you think this chant is appropriate?

I am sorry. After an embarassing lost like this, I feel like putting my pants over my head and walk home in silence.

quite right...I don't get it..I was ashamed of the team yesterday and as a football supporter of 30years + standing know when it is appropriate to sing and cheer, and know when to look broody and pissed off. Yesterday evening fell into the latter category. I was furious at the team and the officials.

yellowfellow
07-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I am not saying that we shouldn't chant after a loss. But at least there are more appropriate things to chant, something like "We got screwed by the referree." I just don't need to be reminded that we got embarassed in our house. Will they start chanting "it's all your fault" to sutton after a goal? NO!

I understand that the tunnel is annoying for the quiet people. If you wait another 20-30 minutes, it will clear up and quiet down. Too bad there is no other close way to the other side of the track.

Angelo1405
07-02-2008, 09:45 AM
MORE CHANTS. this is our house, ole ole (on the right conditions), TFC clapping is making my head hurt...

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2008, 09:46 AM
It's inapropriate. It's also the unintiated loving their experience despite the loss. I give them a pass...

jm5k
07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
So much Soccer elitism in threads like these..

I was in the tunnel and I took it a completely different way. What started as angry grumblings, swearing, accusations and excuses slowly worked it's way into a healthy chant that I think reunited the frustrations of people in more of a 'get them next time' sense. There wasn't shit-all to be done about it at that point, so might as well rally the troops for the next battle.

Banging on the metal siding has to stop though; if only because my ears were ringing for 20 minutes afterward :\

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
quite right...I don't get it..I was ashamed of the team yesterday and as a football supporter of 30years + standing know when it is appropriate to sing and cheer, and know when to look broody and pissed off. Yesterday evening fell into the latter category. I was furious at the team and the officials.

I hear ya...I can see and hear you from my seats in 114 and you guys really liven up that part of the stadium. Shame that the effort in the stands wasn't reflected on the pitch.

I certainly didn't have much reason for singing after the game yesterday.

leedsutd85
07-02-2008, 10:19 AM
When I went threw it was dead quiet, until me and a couple buddies started the 'Fuck the CSA' chants...

magicfro
07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
For those that hate the chanting in the tunnel cuz it's too loud....bring earplugs.....effin' poofs....

Heathen
07-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Did anyone in 115/116 hear the guys with the drum at the top start a "Lets go reds" chant? I thought they were taking the piss now I'm not so sure

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
These were the same guys trying to start the massive at the 7th min...We all had a first time...

tfc_4_ever
07-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Man this is so fustrt\ating. People really need to learn when to use certain chants.

Heathen
07-02-2008, 10:31 AM
These were the same guys trying to start the massive at the 7th min...We all had a first time...

Let's go _____ is never acceptable

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
If he's reading now he knows but I think he got the jist when his chants died. I mean he was actually trying to interupt the singing in the section. But he clued in by the end of the game and had a good time.

Leprechaun
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
MORE CHANTS. this is our house, ole ole (on the right conditions), TFC clapping is making my head hurt...

Agreed! :taz:

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Complaining about chanting in the tunnel after the game? I guess some people need to scrape the bottom of the barrel looking for reasons to whine.

Cowboy905
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
I heard ole ole chants towards the end of the game... I think this is the most inappropriate chant when losing a game. I don't think people understand what it means... I am all for noise but unless we are winning and looking convincing about it, I will never sing this.

most inappropriate chant is the "stand up for TFC" when the players haven't even taken the pitch yet!!

i'll stand when the damn game starts, let me sit while the pitch is empty. Geeze.

TFC Cityboy
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I hear ya...I can see and hear you from my seats in 114 and you guys really liven up that part of the stadium. Shame that the effort in the stands wasn't reflected on the pitch.

I certainly didn't have much reason for singing after the game yesterday.
come over and say Hi sometime...we need more 114/115 co-operation, mate!

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
come over and say Hi sometime...we need more 114/115 co-operation, mate!

Sure will!

I don't think I heard the beans coming out the tin yesterday! :)

mclaren
07-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Even worse were some people in the South End who seemed to be trying to put Sutton off when he took goal kicks - at least that's how it sounded in 110. Not sure if they meant something else but we do this only to put off the opposition's goalkeeper.

TFC Cityboy
07-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Sure will!

I don't think I heard the beans coming out the tin yesterday! :)

LOL...Yeah I was over in 112 yesterday and berated the missus for not starting that in the 57th (Heinz...geddit) minute!
Cheers!

AFO1981
07-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I find it interesting that so many of you are having a problem with this. People are chanting and getting involved. Also, can we finally get over this crap about casual or part time fans chanting? They are supporters just as we are. I brought 3 new people out yesterday and they did their best to learn the chants. They weren’t always correct but they are trying. It is threads like this that give supporters groups a bad name. You want people to chant, you don’t want people to chant. What is it you want?
FYI – there were a quite a few chanters in the tunnel with RPB and U-Sector gear on so let’s also ease up on our own people.
Cheers

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 12:17 PM
LOL...Yeah I was over in 112 yesterday and berated the missus for not starting that in the 57th (Heinz...geddit) minute!
Cheers!

As you should have! :)

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 12:17 PM
I find it interesting that so many of you are having a problem with this. People are chanting and getting involved. Also, can we finally get over this crap about casual or part time fans chanting? They are supporters just as we are. I brought 3 new people out yesterday and they did their best to learn the chants. They weren’t always correct but they are trying. It is threads like this that give supporters groups a bad name. You want people to chant, you don’t want people to chant. What is it you want?
FYI – there were a quite a few chanters in the tunnel with RPB and U-Sector gear on so let’s also ease up on our own people.
Cheers

Very true. Too much elitism in Supporter's groups isn't good for the club. People will be turned off and not want to attend games if they think they'll be heckled for not knowing every single chant perfectly or not being a football fan before their first TFC experience. We're looking to grow interest in TFC, not shrink it.

Technorgasm
07-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Cheers

AFO got it right.

We're all pissed . . fuckin LIvid@! fuckin disgusted and gutted from yesterday. . . . lets take it easy on each other.. .

I feel like I got a shank RIGHT to the kidneys.

like I got hoofed HARD in the sack by a one legged, toothless, pirate hooker, who just sold 2 pints of blood to buy a bottle of listerine and some epoxy solvent.

like I was used and abused by a bunch burn victim Viet nam war veterans chanting "ass to ass!"

like I had to lick the slimey gooey bottom of the grease trap behind Zanzibar, and not even LUX soap can get the taste out of my mouth

like. .

well you get the idea.

Dave67
07-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Cheers

Probably a lot of truth in this post. This was one of the first games it was fairly easy for new people to get tickets for. If we look deep enough we can all find things to be pissed off about. The historically quiet Toronto sports crowd now having a fanbase that will sing and chant after losing (even if a funeral procession would have been more appropriate) is not high on my list of things to get annoyed at.

yellowfellow
07-02-2008, 12:40 PM
How is a thread like this give supporters groups a bad rep? I think there are worst things for that, like violence. To this point, I think TFC supporters are very good in staying out of that.

All I am saying is that we should chant appropriately. I brought 2 first-time friends to the game as well. They loved it when the VAN player shot the ball over the net and everyone chanted "Who are ya?" They also loved all those referee chants because the ref obviously made some bad calls. We were near the end of the tunnel when ppl behind us started chanting TIOH. Most ppl near us were pissed because of that. We weren't there and didn't know why the chant started. But, from our point of view, it was bad timing for that chant.

Honestly, do we want first timers to think that we chant randomly and pointlessly? I think people are smart enough to tell which chant is appropriate and which is not. I bet they would appreciate the chants A LOT more if they are meaningful.

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Cheers

The game is over..we lost.. if you wanna chant then do it during the game... fuck off with your drunk ass show off to your family and friends... You are not cool... just a drunk idiot..
anyone can be a RPB and USector... doesn't mean anyone with a RPB ior USector scarf is a real supporter.

egoodwin
07-02-2008, 12:52 PM
That was (hopefully!) the last game I attend by usingg the GO train. Being a quiet person myself, I'm not a fan of these public displays, regardless of the game's outcome. At least it takes only a few minutes to traverse the tracks through the tunnel, and my eardrums weren't ringing afterward.

Is it any better on the TTC?
a number of NEE folk take the Dufferin bridge across

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
a number of NEE folk take the Dufferin bridge across

I need to start taking that route, at least until I can walk up and down flights of stairs without any pain or discomfort.

:rolleyes:

AFO1981
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
The game is over..we lost.. if you wanna chant then do it during the game... fuck off with your drunk ass show off to your family and friends... You are not cool... just a drunk idiot..
anyone can be a RPB and USector... doesn't mean anyone with a RPB ior USector scarf is a real supporter.

Wow, man you really need to call someone to help you work out your issues. Nobody said anything about showing off, and for the record there were 2 drums leading the tunnel chants at one point. If you don't like it, don't listen.

Dave67
07-02-2008, 12:55 PM
I need to start taking that route, at least until I can walk up and down flights of stairs without any pain or discomfort.

:rolleyes:

Elevator at both ends of the train tunnel.

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow, man you really need to call someone to help you work out your issues. Nobody said anything about showing off, and for the record there were 2 drums leading the tunnel chants at one point. If you don't like it, don't listen.

hahaha kid.. you don't like my posts? dont read it.. grow up and stop chanting after the game...
Why dont you go watch your soccer on TV.. you don't belong to the stadiumm like the 90% of the people who show up at game day.

AL-MO
07-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I heard this in the tunnel too...Although we were at home yesterday, so this may not apply....but in DC we kept on chanting on the way back to the hotel....Bluenose reminded me that we should NEVER show defeat to the opponent....but 'This is Our House' after losing makes that chant seem even worse than before....

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
"This Is Our House" is a chant best suited for away games. It sounds rather ridiculous when it's being done at BMO or a GO Train tunnel or anywhere else. The chant should only be done at away games and never at home, but people will never see it that way unfortunately.

AFO1981
07-02-2008, 01:12 PM
hahaha kid.. you don't like my posts? dont read it.. grow up and stop chanting after the game...
Why dont you go watch your soccer on TV.. you don't belong to the stadiumm like the 90% of the people who show up at game day.

I don't read your posts, you replied to me. All I am saying is that fans have a life cycle and you need to be able to replace them as they move on. I'm sure that it took some time for you to learn the chants. Help out the new people, then maybe once everyone is on the same page you won't be able to bitch about the 90% that shouldn't be in the stadium.

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't read your posts, you replied to me. All I am saying is that fans have a life cycle and you need to be able to replace them as they move on. I'm sure that it took some time for you to learn the chants. Help out the new people, then maybe once everyone is on the same page you won't be able to bitch about the 90% that shouldn't be in the stadium.

hahahah you don't even know who are talking to AND you are "RPB Member". This is why i said anyone can be RPB or Usector...

AFO1981
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
hahahah you don't even know who are talking to AND you are "RPB Member". This is why i said anyone can be RPB or Usector...

What does this have to do with anything? Do you know me? I have been to several RPB events and have never had the pleasure of meeting you. Maybe next time we can meet...

egoodwin
07-02-2008, 01:21 PM
I really don't think it took Deniz any time to learn the chants or anything like that...

Reddevil39
07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
I went to the Chin picnic for a while after the game. By the time I got to the Go station there was no one around and Robbo was there with his Family got to have a chat with him and told him to Stick it to them in Van city super nice guy said next game will be a better outing.

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Even worse were some people in the South End who seemed to be trying to put Sutton off when he took goal kicks - at least that's how it sounded in 110. Not sure if they meant something else but we do this only to put off the opposition's goalkeeper.

In 115 you know what was driving me fucking nuts?!

'Sutton! Sutton! Sutton Sutton give us a wave!'

What the fuck are you distracting our keeper during play for?! :taz:

It wasnt like he was walking back into the goal for a drink or something either, this was during play; knees bent, ready to react and get in position for any sudden balls that might come his way.

Honestly this need to constantly sing no matter the circumstances annoys the fuck out of me. Sing stupid songs like that during warm-up. Holy fuck.

Stugatzo
07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
LOL!

Idiots.

DITTO!!!
It was THEIR house yesterday...with the ref living rent-free in the basement apartment!

Benficachop20
07-02-2008, 01:52 PM
i really dont wanna make another piss thread, but who was that guy with the Puerto Rico flag? am i the only one that thought that was a stupid thing to do? In any match i wouldn't mind, but on fucking CANADA day? wtf are u thinking? show some dam respect for the country

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 01:54 PM
i really dont wanna make another piss thread, but who was that guy with the Puerto Rico flag? am i the only one that thought that was a stupid thing to do? In any match i wouldn't mind, but on fucking CANADA day? wtf are u thinking? show some dam respect for the country

Were there even any Puerto Ricans on the pitch?

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Were there even any Puerto Ricans on the pitch?
and you are a TFC fan??

MARCO!

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 01:57 PM
VELEZ!
:rofl:

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM

The fact that it was brought out and held proudly while a certain player on the pitch was running towards that section... hm, nah it couldn't have applied to anyone we know could it?

alexintoronto
07-02-2008, 02:05 PM
blackandwhite eats small children.

Benficachop20
07-02-2008, 02:07 PM
i know about Velez. Like i said any other game i won't mind at all, but like i said it was CANADA day!!!. Doesn't that mean anything to you?

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 02:09 PM
If you are gonna bitch about flags send a PM to Marc and ask him why we have other nations' flags flown at Canada's National Soccer Stadium on a Canada Day!!!

At least make an effort to do something..even the Jays had Canada flags on their caps yesterday!!!

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 02:13 PM
i know about Velez. Like i said any other game i won't mind at all, but like i said it was CANADA day!!!. Doesn't that mean anything to you?

Quick...everyone...it's Canada Day...put all your non-Canada flags away...there is 364 other days a year you can forget you're Canadian!

Let's get a handle on ourselves people...sheesh...

mighty_torontofc_2008
07-02-2008, 02:17 PM

actually the chanting in the tunnel sounded way better then it did in the park, while the loss was nothing to be proud of it wasn't the end of the world either, we need a point in Vancouver next wednesay ( no TV) and beat montreal and were in the CL.

Heathen
07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Quick...everyone...it's Canada Day...put all your non-Canada flags away...there is 364 other days a year you can forget you're Canadian!

Let's get a handle on ourselves people...sheesh...

1 out of 365 would be a start, don't you think

Benficachop20
07-02-2008, 02:19 PM
shheees my god, i dont think like u guys. Pretty funny because as soon as we have a canadian nt play here and see all the people cheering for the opponents, were gonna have people here bitching and crying that people should be cheering for Canada bla bla bla, but when i suggest that it seemed wrong that a guy brings a puerto rico flag in canada day im enemy #1

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Does Canada Day change the fact that Velez is from PR? Maybe you didn't notice but it's not the first time that guy has brought his PR flag to the game.

Benficachop20
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
well i haven't noticed before. and like i said any time i wouldn't mind, but again is he ashamed to show some of his canadian side on canada day? it's just one day. Im seriously surprised that im the only one that seemed to have a problem with this. Even Brennan yelling out to him "Hey its canada day" and he's right, i just didnt get it

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Whoop di dee doo. I saw people wearing soccer jerseys from other countries yesterday too. That pisses me off more than respecting one of our players.

Heathen
07-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Does Canada Day change the fact that Velez is from PR? Maybe you didn't notice but it's not the first time that guy has brought his PR flag to the game.

No it doesn't but its one day a year, just one day when the country should get a bit of love instead of always being the bridesmaid

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
shheees my god, i dont think like u guys. Pretty funny because as soon as we have a canadian nt play here and see all the people cheering for the opponents, were gonna have people here bitching and crying that people should be cheering for Canada bla bla bla, but when i suggest that it seemed wrong that a guy brings a puerto rico flag in canada day im enemy #1

Enemy #1? Because someone disagrees with you? LOL!

A little sensitive aren't we?

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:33 PM
No it doesn't but its one day a year, just one day when the country should get a bit of love instead of always being the bridesmaid

I do believe he was wearing a Canada scarf.

Why can't you support both players and country? You do realize that even though it was Canada Day, it was also TFC game day. Meaning we support our players right?

I didn't look, but did nascar have his nations of TFC up?

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:36 PM
well i haven't noticed before. and like i said any time i wouldn't mind, but again is he ashamed to show some of his canadian side on canada day? it's just one day. Im seriously surprised that im the only one that seemed to have a problem with this. Even Brennan yelling out to him "Hey its canada day" and he's right, i just didnt get it

I find it odd, but under the circumstances (Velez) not enitrely disrespectful. I agree with Shaughno though... wtf was up with all the international jerseys there yesterday? Must be the only soccer shirt they own I guess. Leave it at home and wear a red t-shirt or something.

Benficachop20
07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Whoop di dee doo. I saw people wearing soccer jerseys from other countries yesterday too. That pisses me off more than respecting one of our players.

i dont get it? thats almost basically the same thing. whoop di dee doo.

Heathen
07-02-2008, 02:39 PM

Why can't you support both players and country? You do realize that even though it was Canada Day, it was also TFC game day. Meaning we support our players right?

Well you can support a player without having his nation's flag, if he's brought it to the last 8 home games, I'm sure Marco would survive it being missing for 1 game on our national day. If buddy's intent on showing his love for Velez make a banner, that'd show more effort than just buying a flag anyway.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
No it's nowhere near the same thing. Think about it.

1) Peurto Rico flag - to support Marco Velez, of TFC.

2) Wearing an Italy/T&T/whoever the fuck else national jersey - on Canada Day... when neither team or player from said country is playing.

Please do inform me how they are the same.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM

I don't think he did have them up...unless he was in a different section yesterday.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Well you can support a player without having his nation's flag, if he's brought it to the last 8 home games, I'm sure Marco would survive it being missing for 1 game on our national day. If buddy's intent on showing his love for Velez make a banner, that'd show more effort than just buying a flag anyway.

I've seen it at 2 now. I believe it's a new flag and he's just started bringing it out. Why isn't he allowed to show support for our player? I don't understand. There is NO BANNER SPACE in front of him. He's in the middle of 112-113, literally nowhere to hang a 'new' banner.

Did you do something special to support a player from TFC for yesterday's game? If not, I do believe you have no place to comment on someone else's support of said player.

TO DEVILS
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM

No he didn't. He was in 112 for the first half and 127 for the second.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Also I don't have a problem with anyone showing Velez a little love regardless of what day it is...he is one guy who sure shows the fans how much he loves playing here.

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
I also saw this guy with an Ontario flag on Canada Day!!!

TO DEVILS
07-02-2008, 02:46 PM

So did i....my son by accident stepped on it at the Rhino, does that make him a Quebecois?

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:47 PM
i dont get it? thats almost basically the same thing. whoop di dee doo.

We have German Internationals on our team? huh? what number are they?

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Also I don't have a problem with anyone showing Velez a little love regardless of what day it is...he is one guy who sure shows the fans how much he loves playing here.

Thank you. Canada Day? Ok... I wasn't at the stadium to celebrate Canada Day. I was there to see TFC win and support them through the battle. Part of that support goes to... *gasp* PLAYERS!

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:50 PM
We have German Internationals on our team? huh? what number are they?

Or Costa Ricans?

Or English Int'ls?

I actually saw a warm up Azzuri jacket as well.

Seriously... ^^ that is way more pointless and frustrating than worrying about supporting a TFC player on Canada Day. :taz:

Heathen
07-02-2008, 02:50 PM

2) Wearing an Italy/T&T/whoever the fuck else national jersey - on Canada Day... when neither team or player from said country is playing.

So seeing as JJ came on as sub then that suddenly validates the T&T jersey?

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok, one fucking country out of the lot. :lol: See my post above yours. ;)

magicfro
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm certain this has been discussed to the nth degree....but...wearing another team's sweater (club or country) to a TFC is ridiculous....i simply asked these morons when ManU or the English national team is coming out on to the pitch....God even the older gentleman that sits infront of me that been a Bayern fan since the day his mother shit him out wears a TFC sweater!

Benficachop20
07-02-2008, 03:00 PM

dude we obviously have different views on this so im just gonna leave this. I just think that its a bit sad that people can't show pride for the country they live in for one day.

Jeff s
07-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow, I never knew we had so many sarcastic drama queens on this forum. One can't even give his opinion about the flag issue without receiving childish answers.

Heathen
07-02-2008, 03:07 PM

maybe he was a descendant of John Diefenbaker

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:09 PM
dude we obviously have different views on this so im just gonna leave this. I just think that its a bit sad that people can't show pride for the country they live in for one day.

Did you miss the part about him wearing a CANADA SCARF?

Benficachop20
07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Did you miss the part about him wearing a CANADA SCARF?

i didnt see any....

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I was pretty sure he was wearing one, but I have been wrong in the past. Regardless, who's to say he hadn't been partying all day in the name of Canada Day?

Maybe like myself, he chose to celebrate Canada Day on Monday night so that the entire day was dedicated to TFC?

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Fuck You Both!!! Shut Up Already!!

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Fuck You Too!

:D

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Fuck You Too!

:D
check your email bitch!

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
FUCK YOU! I'm not answering.

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 03:21 PM
FUCK YOU! I'm not answering.

come on man ... one last time!!! :)

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
hahahaha FUCK YOU! Go home already.

MrHawk
07-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I saw many kinds of soccer kits yesterday......none in relation to TFC or Canada.

Including an OFK Beograd jersey

Batman
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I haven't been in a fight in about 40 YEARS. And I've almost been in one the last 2 times I've gone through that frickin tunnel.

I don't know what it is, but it brings out a bitchy mean streak in me and I don't like putting up with the crap from all the shit faced assholes!

Dirk Diggler
07-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow....just because this bitching and moaning is coming after a loss doesn't make it any less bitchy or moan-y. People need to complain about something...anything....even though there were lots of things to complain about on the pitch, you know, where the actual MATCH was played that everyone went to watch?

AL-MO
07-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I haven't been in a fight in about 40 YEARS. And I've almost been in one the last 2 times I've gone through that frickin tunnel.

I don't know what it is, but it brings out a bitchy mean streak in me and I don't like putting up with the crap from all the shit faced assholes!

Wha happened batman? Do tell!

AL-MO
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
actually the chanting in the tunnel sounded way better then it did in the park, while the loss was nothing to be proud of it wasn't the end of the world either, we need a point in Vancouver next wednesay ( no TV) and beat montreal and were in the CL.

Of course it sounded better, you werte in a fucking tunnel remember?!?

Heathen
07-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Of course it sounded better, you werte in a fucking tunnel remember?!?

saw you walking down Atlantic pre-game, would've stopped to say hello but didn't want to miss the anthem

Batman
07-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Wha happened batman? Do tell!

Just idiots trying to push through the slow moving crowd...they somehow felt they should get through the place faster than the people in front of them (including me).... I hate that tunnel. Too many drunk people and too little space.

noochie
07-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Just idiots trying to push through the slow moving crowd...they somehow felt they should get through the place faster than the people in front of them (including me).... I hate that tunnel. Too many drunk people and too little space.

And it smells like burning.

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
It wouldn't bother me if they stopped selling alcohol at BMO. Too many people see TFC games as little more than an excuse to get drunk out of their heads and act foolish. That coupled with impatience and large crowds can lead to problems in the GO Tunnel.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Dumb chant.

Parkdale
07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
someone had one of those Canadian flags with the maple leaf replaced by a pot leaf.

I for one, find this totally unacceptable.

http://www.fahnenversand.de/fotw/images/c/ca_weed.gif

^ My Canada does not include crumbly leaf shake.
This is sticky bud country, and it will stay that way!
Please refrain from making it look like we don't know
what part of the plant is "the good stuff".

Dirk Diggler
07-02-2008, 08:52 PM
It wouldn't bother me if they stopped selling alcohol at BMO. Too many people see TFC games as little more than an excuse to get drunk out of their heads and act foolish. That coupled with impatience and large crowds can lead to problems in the GO Tunnel.

I agree. That is the downside of cheaper ticket prices.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 09:00 PM
someone had one of those Canadian flags with the maple leaf replaced by a pot leaf.

Retards live among us. How is this any different from defacing or destroying - say burning (no pun intended) a flag?! Disgusting and shameful.

Steve-Tor
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM

Why people wear jerseys of other teams to our games totally baffles me as well.

I don't get it.

Buy a TFC shirt or if you can't afford it, wear a red t-shirt, but FFS don't walk around with another teams Jersey on.:(

juki
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Parky make this into a t-shirt and you will be rich...well may be not...

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Why people wear jerseys of other teams to our games totally baffles me as well.

I don't get it.

Buy a TFC shirt or if you can't afford it, wear a red t-shirt, but FFS don't walk around with another teams Jersey on.:(

And what about those who go to Shoeless after games and proceed to sing and chant for clubs half a world away instead of singing and chanting for TFC? :rolleyes:

Blazer
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
He’s talking about supporting TFC during the game by wearing red. What fans do beyond the finale of our home games, if it’s watching their overseas club or what have you, than so be it. TFC may not be your only club to support. It’s different.

tfc2007
07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Relax guys - at least people were chanting. We will support our team through thick and thin, we won't shut up because of one loss.

fair enough, but the we just lost. The "This is Our House" chant cannot be used when we are losing. It just rubs it in more that we are letting a team come into our house and defeat us.

olegunnar
07-02-2008, 10:05 PM
There seems to be some moron checklist for people that want to "be cool" in front of their friends.

1. Get seats in the south end or sneak in
2. Get stupid drunk
3. Try to start your own chant, even if it's untimely/ has nothing to do with the play on the field or even if the rest of the stadium is singing a different chant. Repeat attempts throughout the game.
4. Try to prove your more hardcore than supporters groups, by making up words to exisiting chants and then trying to do the opposite of them and or yelling obscenities at them for being "gay" or "stupid" or "lame"
5. Do something stupid/selfish and immature...like yell at a kid or family...start a chant with homophobic or racist unertones...throw something on the pitch....try and start a fight....maybe even run on the pitch.
6. Leave the field win or lose and talk about how hardcore you are and how lame the people that are there every week are compared to you.
7. Go through the GO tunnel, push people, bash on the walls...start some more stupid hockey chants
8. Go back to their hole and tell their mommies they're cooler than those people that are getting so much attention.

nothing in that list has much to do about the game, the score, the quality of the effort etc.
So it's no wonder so many people sing and chant inappropriate songs (TIOH, USL, OH when the reds)after we lose.

Azerban
07-02-2008, 10:26 PM

http://xs329.xs.to/xs329/08273/rpb420889.png

james
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
you guys complain about everything. So what if people sang after the match....one minute you guys saying not enough people sing and the next you telling them all to shut up. I support TFC every match, and sing and stand 90 minutes every match. Just because i wanted to continue having a good time after the match and enjoy the rest of the great sunny Canada Day im not a true supporter any more? Well if thats how some of you feal well fuck off!

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Chant. Don't chant. Chant. Don't chant. Chant. Don't chant. UGH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqFAoqmztE

noochie
07-02-2008, 11:50 PM

Holy crap, that was at a basketball game? Was that what Chris Bosh was asking for? I haven't been to an NBA game but I am pretty sure the league would have a shit if that broke out. Indoors too... must be mind blowing in there. :)

Hooligan69
07-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Holy crap, that was at a basketball game? Was that what Chris Bosh was asking for? I haven't been to an NBA game but I am pretty sure the league would have a shit if that broke out. Indoors too... must be mind blowing in there. :)

How about women's volleyball games?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eeFQJoNVoA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoN8UBpPKJY

:eek:

Dirk Diggler
07-03-2008, 12:11 AM

This vid is amazing too. The song is just out of this world. Check out the lyrics in the description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rMe2Vyb9E&feature=related