PDA

View Full Version : Whitecaps encouraging their supporters to bring it

SuperTCP
03-18-2011, 08:05 AM
"Drums:Five thousand drums will be handed out to season ticket holders in various locations of Empire Field before the match begins. Drums will only be given to season ticket holders wearing a season ticket holder scarf. Quantities are limited so get there early to make sure you get one!

What to Wear:Join the sea of white - wear white!

Supporter Pledge:Your Club needs you. (http://marquimail.marqui.com/marqui/Redirect.aspx?u=371340&q=296187546&lm=26242866&r=262692&qz=2e510efb122e4b33f3b52225ee320995) Come prepared to play your part.

Thank you for your continued support, see you Saturday!

Whitecaps Ticketing Team"

Ok - most of it is common sense. But the free drums is a nice touch

Gazza
03-18-2011, 08:17 AM
That would be cool if they could turn it into the final scene of karate kid 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzcKlTN9xBg

kaos197O
03-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Those drums are a recipe for disaster. I can see them all ending up on the pitch at some point. This should be fun!

BS1327
03-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Those drums are a recipe for disaster. I can see them all ending up on the pitch at some point. This should be fun!

I had the same thoughts! Look what happened when TFC gave out seat cushions...

brad
03-18-2011, 09:03 AM

Which made sports news internationally, and drummed up a whole lot of interest around Toronto.

Smart move from a marketing perspective.

Fort York Redcoat
03-18-2011, 09:05 AM
This is, how-you-say, shitshow in the works.

At least it's not thunderstix.

ManUtd4ever
03-18-2011, 09:09 AM

That was without a doubt, the greatest memory I have at BMO Field...

gcolacci
03-18-2011, 09:25 AM
That was without a doubt, the greatest memory I have at BMO Field...

I couldn't agree with you more (as tear falls down my face)

Joe Kool
03-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Drums can hurt more than foam cushions though when you get hit by a flying one....that is the only problem.

Roogsy
03-18-2011, 09:46 AM
MLS teams are all afraid of TFC fans.

West220Side
03-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Drums can hurt more than foam cushions though when you get hit by a flying one....that is the only problem.

Take that DeMerit!

What weighs more a pound of seat cushions or a pound of shitecap drums? :D

yellowfellow
03-18-2011, 10:08 AM
So 5000 people are going to bang on their own drums...no organization, no rhythm...just make some random noise...I don't see it being effective.

McBrace
03-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Next is the vuvuzela! "Just make random noise people"

TFCRegina
03-18-2011, 10:12 AM
That would be cool if they could turn it into the final scene of karate kid 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzcKlTN9xBg

People actually watched Karate Kid 2?!?!?!?1

Gazza
03-18-2011, 10:15 AM

You're darn right! The drum technique worked out waaaay better for me in the school yard than the crane kick ever did.

Yeoman
03-18-2011, 10:19 AM
apparently they've been out driving round vanciteh, handing out scarves
this makes me feel happy knowing i have to miss this game, it's going to sound horrid on tv. can't we complain about stupid crap like that?

Roogsy
03-18-2011, 10:41 AM

Are you kidding? Peter Cetera and the glory of love? Epic! :lol:

TFCRegina
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Are you kidding? Peter Cetera and the glory of love? Epic! :lol:

Hey man, only Karate Kid 1 was worth seeing.

I put Karate Kid 1 on par with Surf Ninjas in terms of total awesomeness.

Ok, that was a bad attempt at a troll :D

Ryan1984
03-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Next is the vuvuzela! "Just make random noise people"

Teitur says no Vuvuzelas lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75hrVFnIR94

Yohan
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
This is, how-you-say, shitshow in the works.

At least it's not thunderstix.
be glad it's not vuvuzelas *shudder*

Red CB Toronto
03-18-2011, 11:33 AM
How can you not love the Karate Kid, would it not be great if they had Ralph Macchio as the guest of honor Saturday, with Peter Cetera performing, with those drumming going all in unison. That be a moment for the ages. I am curious has the way we can post youtube videos been changed.

GlenM
03-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Ask Cleveland Indians Fans about the infamous small 45 records they handed out during a Disco 70's theme night once at the old ballpark...

Legendary EPICNESS...

Needless to say Thousand's of small 45's went flying onto the field.

Man, that would have been awesome to see that to.

GlenM

P-NUTZ
03-18-2011, 11:37 AM
now i REALLY hope we win, and watch this whole thing flop!
i think im starting to hate vanloser even more as i type...
:scarf::flare::drum::scarf::drinking::flare:
:flare::scarf::flare::scarf::drinking:

P-NUTZ
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
another great memory was watching the shitecaps stand in the rainy saputo stadium watching their NC cup championship slowly disappear in front of their silly wet faces.
:scarf::flare::scarf::drum::scarf::flare::scarf:

:drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking::drinking: :drinking::drinking::drinking:

BeerBaron95
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
"Drums:Five thousand drums will be handed out to season ticket holders in various locations of Empire Field before the match begins. Drums will only be given to season ticket holders wearing a season ticket holder scarf. Quantities are limited so get there early to make sure you get one!

What to Wear:Join the sea of white - wear white!

Supporter Pledge:Your Club needs you. (http://marquimail.marqui.com/marqui/Redirect.aspx?u=371340&q=296187546&lm=26242866&r=262692&qz=2e510efb122e4b33f3b52225ee320995) Come prepared to play your part.

Thank you for your continued support, see you Saturday!

Whitecaps Ticketing Team"

Ok - most of it is common sense. But the free drums is a nice touch

free drums might end up like seat covers for us..... make sure to duck and cover noggins!!

TOBOR !
03-18-2011, 12:31 PM
minus the coordination it'll end up sounding like thundersticks, or people stamping on bleachers. Maybe the Southsiders will get organised and help guide the rest of the drums.

Good luck with that.

poppamidnight
03-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Well it just shows how the Whitecaps management have set up an amazing Marketing team...

it is in an entirely superior tier in comparison to Toronto FC - but that's entirely due to MLSE.

As a recent Marketing Grad - I know exactly why Toronto FC fails at marketing... None of the 'quality' grads from the program actually applied for the Toronto FC (or any MLSE) intern/marketing area, cuz it's such a joke their system.

Sad... I'm gna write a piece in more detail on this comparison actually - I'll hopefully keep everyone informed on it...

But I applaud the Whitecaps marketing team on this.
(while still facepalming in shame at Toronto FC's marketing team)

Fort York Redcoat
03-18-2011, 12:50 PM
^What?

We already made the comparison between the two teams here.

Vancouver=Mickey Mouse noise makers to throw on field
TFC=Seat Cushions to throw on field

The seat cushions weren't annoying all game. The noise makers will be.

Gazza
03-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Well it just shows how the Whitecaps management have set up an amazing Marketing team...

it is in an entirely superior tier in comparison to Toronto FC - but that's entirely due to MLSE.

As a recent Marketing Grad - I know exactly why Toronto FC fails at marketing... None of the 'quality' grads from the program actually applied for the Toronto FC (or any MLSE) intern/marketing area, cuz it's such a joke their system.

Sad... I'm gna write a piece in more detail on this comparison actually - I'll hopefully keep everyone informed on it...

But I applaud the Whitecaps marketing team on this.
(while still facepalming in shame at Toronto FC's marketing team)

You got that all from handing out drums? Sounds like a terrible promotion to me.

poppamidnight
03-18-2011, 12:55 PM
You got that all from handing out drums? Sounds like a terrible promotion to me.

:picard:

tell me your not that clueless... maybe Toronto FC's clueless marketing team is the perfect pairing if fans (similar to you) don't get simple assessments...

clearly I didn't get all that from handing out drums. They've set up a good Marketing Strategy - great techniques, great theme's, great pretty much everything leading up to the season.....

McBrace
03-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Teitur says no Vuvuzelas lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75hrVFnIR94

Ha ha ha... SHANT not chant, Shant...

Jeff s
03-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Wow, I find this to be a stupid idea. Give the drum to a child and your gonna be in for a long day. Might aswell hand out vuvuzelas
Seriously dumb idea

Roogsy
03-18-2011, 02:49 PM

tell me your not that clueless... maybe Toronto FC's clueless marketing team is the perfect pairing if fans (similar to you) don't get simple assessments...

clearly I didn't get all that from handing out drums. They've set up a good Marketing Strategy - great techniques, great theme's, great pretty much everything leading up to the season.....

And they've tapped other companies to bring in experienced personnel, including MLSE. :lol:

Unfortunately Poppa is correct. The marketing people I know have told me that MLSE tends to be a resumé filler for marketing professionals. Young and green, they want the experience to help them land jobs elsewhere. MLSE is like the MLS of the football world, a feeder company instead of where the best go as their ultimate stop.

phonzo
03-18-2011, 02:58 PM
wait they have an amazing support team...

L OH FUCKING L

Considering their supporters are being forced to sign legal waivers just to bring in flag poles and banners....

ya thats amazing management....

so of course they need great marketing to mask the shittiness of everything else.

Gazza
03-18-2011, 03:05 PM

Oh, to be a fresh out of college marketing grad again.

Technorgasm
03-18-2011, 03:42 PM
vhXLf2zkhGA

if you look up epic win this is what you see.

Made TFC world famous!
I rmember seeing it on Sky Sports.

Brooker
03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey man, only Karate Kid 1 was worth seeing.

Wrong! *HOOOONK!*

They've set up a good Marketing Strategy - great techniques, great theme's, great pretty much everything leading up to the season.....

Last I checked their first game wasnt even sold out. JOB WELL DONE!

P-NUTZ
03-18-2011, 03:57 PM
vanloser shitecaps can beat it all weekend.

vanboover!!!!!!

they suck.

mlse sucks because the leafs need no marketing to make money, the raps are a write off, and tfc were just content in winging it up until last year when they had to pay attention to the fanbase.

the only reason TFC appears to have any successful marketing is because of the passion many of the fans put to good use.

tfc!!!

rocker
03-18-2011, 04:59 PM
i wonder if tater tots still has nightmares about this night:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/PhJD/shitecaps.jpg

peterboroughtfcfan
03-18-2011, 05:10 PM
wait they have an amazing support team...

L OH FUCKING L

Considering their supporters are being forced to sign legal waivers just to bring in flag poles and banners....

ya thats amazing management....

so of course they need great marketing to mask the shittiness of everything else.

Who cares whether this is good or bad marketing. This is the perfect opportunity for me to get my hands on a drum (which by the way they wouldn't authorize me to bring into the stadium with me) in order to lead our group tomorrow.

Now all I have to do is gank one off a 12 year old walking into the match! Like taking a drum from a bab......never mind

Whoop
03-18-2011, 05:41 PM
On Vancouver's part it could be disastrous or it could be something pretty good. I mean if somehow they can get 5000 drums coordinated somehow (that's the going to be the tricky part) on a simple beat (think Florida State tomahawk chop) it could be pretty intimidating.

I'll reserve judgment until afterwards.

While their support for supporters has been pretty shit, their marketing has been pretty slick.

Whoop
03-18-2011, 05:43 PM
One of my favourite moments from the home opener (aside from the fan throwing the beer at Johnson after the goal) was around the 70th minute when pretty much the whole stadium started singing "All we are saying..."

I'm still looking forward to the day when the stadium can be united in song like that again.

Alixir
03-18-2011, 05:47 PM
anyone see any of the whitecaps countdown vids?....some of them were actually pretty good. but again at the end of the day...they are still shite.

Super
03-18-2011, 05:59 PM
if you look up epic win this is what you see.

Made TFC world famous!
I rmember seeing it on Sky Sports.

It was truly awesome. Shame it's been all downhill from that day.

Also, it's the ONLY game I've ever missed..

Pookie
03-18-2011, 06:17 PM

Yeah, but they probably can't throw them that far

rocker
03-18-2011, 06:45 PM
some complaints about the Caps' marketing:

http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/185/season-opener-close-to-sellout.-international-friendly-increasingly-likely.

Oldtimer
03-18-2011, 08:21 PM
some complaints about the Caps' marketing:

http://forum.vancouversouthsiders.ca/index.php?p=/discussion/185/season-opener-close-to-sellout.-international-friendly-increasingly-likely.

They can't have complaints. Everything about the Whitecaps is amazing, just as MLSE are all idiots. All bow to the amazing Whitecaps. :rolleyes: