PDA

View Full Version : Training Sessions are great, if you really want to get a feel for this team go to one

Red CB Toronto
03-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Training Sessions are great, if you really want to get a feel for this team go to one. I know all of are lives are busy and all but try and get out at least once this year. Had the pleasure of attending the Reds training session down at Cherry Beach on Tuesday, what a great morning it was, a little crisp but the sun was out and footy was in the air.

First off I really noticed how much Winter emphasizes possession with his drills. They did one where they pushed the ball wide with three touches and kept it on the ground. He really pushed for good, clan touches. They also played a half field mini-game, which was good to see. JDG sat out some of the session as did Bouchiba.

What great is that you are also able to hear all the instruction and dialogue on the field. Gives you great insight into whats going on.

After it concluded the guys were quite happy to answer any questions you had. Winter and DeKlerk were both very friendly. It is great way to get a TFC experience up close and personal.

London
03-17-2011, 11:53 PM
myself and mario stood behind the coaching staff last week and took in what they were trying to do.

gained alot of respect but those boys need to be louder LOL

BeerBaron95
03-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Indeed Pat... they need to be heard especially at BMO.. was hard enough to hear them at Blackbaud and its not as nearly as full as BMO gets

And I agree that u get a new found view of what is actually said and what orders are barked by the bench to the players.

TOBOR !
03-18-2011, 10:32 AM
uh, how do I find out when / where these sessions are going to be ? Is there a schedule ? Can you just show up ?

Red CB Toronto
03-18-2011, 11:01 AM
uh, how do I find out when / where these sessions are going to be ? Is there a schedule ? Can you just show up ?

Anyone can watch when they train at the pitches in Cherry Beach, when I get the practice info for next week I will post it on the boards. They normally have had at least one practice a week in the beaches to ease the wear on the BMO pitch. They tend to be in the morning.

TOBOR !
03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
what about Academy training - do you get info on that as well ?

Red CB Toronto
03-18-2011, 01:29 PM
what about Academy training - do you get info on that as well ?

Was down at BMO around 11 am yesterday to pick some tickets up and the Academy was heading out for training, not sure what their regular schedule is, will find out.