PDA

View Full Version : Had a Pint with Huckerby and MO at "Spice Route"

Technorgasm
07-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Was out for a birthday soiree at some chi-chi-foo-foo bistro on King @ Brant. . called "Spice Route"

Gorgeous place. was keeping the dust off the bar and who should walk in for a quick chat and a pint?

Mo Johnson and at his side. . . HUCKERBY.

I asked if he was going to suit up for TFC, they kind of chuckled,

I asked what he thought of MLS so far, and he said that he had no Idea the fans were so great (As he has only seen LA Galaxy home games)

Mo's final comment:
"I told you, ya cant go anywhere in this city without runninginto a Fan / Hooligan"

I left very satisfied, does this mena Huckerby is going to Sign?

Whats the thought around the campfire here as to what Huckerby can bring to TFC?

Yay? or Nay?

Wagner
07-02-2008, 08:26 AM
wow,
that's an awesome story.

noochie
07-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Where was Dickov? Getting fitted for his kit, I hope.

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Be honest did you and Mo set this up for Huckerby, Techno?:)

TFCREDNWHITE
07-02-2008, 08:40 AM
I was sitting 10 rows in front of Huckerby...

I really want Shola Ameobi instead!! I think Shola is a better fit...Hucks is getting to old...

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Huckerby yes, Dickov.... I could care less about.

DOMIN8R
07-02-2008, 08:57 AM

I really want Shola Ameobi instead!! I think Shola is a better fit...Hucks is getting to old...

Shola has signed elswhere.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Shola has signed elswhere.

Where?!?! As far as i know he hasn't signed shit yet. Do you have a link or something for the signing??

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 09:01 AM
^^ Last I heard there was intrest in him from a few clubs abroad. He's not coming here.

Edit: and an update...

Jul-1 : Norwich will make a club record £3.5m offer for Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi as a new backer enters the fray at Carrow Road.

arsenal
07-02-2008, 09:14 AM

Shola's agent has said multiple times he has no desire to come play in the MLS ... EOS.

Pachuco
07-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Was out for a birthday soiree at some chi-chi-foo-foo bistro on King @ Brant. . called "Spice Route"

Gorgeous place. was keeping the dust off the bar and who should walk in for a quick chat and a pint?

Mo Johnson and at his side. . . HUCKERBY.

I asked if he was going to suit up for TFC, they kind of chuckled,

I asked what he thought of MLS so far, and he said that he had no Idea the fans were so great (As he has only seen LA Galaxy home games)

Mo's final comment:
"I told you, ya cant go anywhere in this city without runninginto a Fan / Hooligan"

I left very satisfied, does this mena Huckerby is going to Sign?

Whats the thought around the campfire here as to what Huckerby can bring to TFC?

Yay? or Nay?

Nice story dude!

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:20 AM
NICE!

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-02-2008, 09:21 AM
good story, pete. is that the place across front brant, with the flaming torches at the big wooden doors?

yellowfellow
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
you can take some credit if huckerby signs with us. nice story.

stretchthetruth
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
hey i was working last night, and I drove by on king... Mo was standing on the corner so I gave him a shout - someone was with him, and now i think it may have been Huckerby... Fuck! What was he wearing? I recognized Mo right away in his suit with no tie...

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 10:09 AM
You mean it wasn't the ginger hair??? LOL!

"I recognized the suit...not the flaming red moussed hair..." :rofl:

TicTacTabarnack
07-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Mo's final comment:

Gotta love how Mo uses the support as a selling feature to getting people here. Sell the dream - You're going to be a part of something big! We are serious about building a solid team to match the solid support.

OneLoveOneEric
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Still can't for the life of me see why anyone would be against Huckerby. Our strikers suck balls. Offer him a short term deal and see how he does. There's no way he won't be an imrovement.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
^^ Exactly. It's truly sad that Dichio is our saving grace. I mean, he's alright at best... but he's not a finisher and that is what we need.

tfc_4_ever
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
That is a wicked story.

^^^^^^^^
Also I agree with OLOE

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
^^ Exactly. It's truly sad that Dichio is our saving grace. I mean, he's alright at best... but he's not a finisher and that is what we need.

Even Dichio would agree with that. He has become our leading scorer almost by default. Even he would like to see a true finisher here I am quite certain. The fact that he is our leading scorer is almost a symptom of the actual problem.

akoto
07-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Nice story! Cool birthday present.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Still can't for the life of me see why anyone would be against Huckerby. Our strikers suck balls. Offer him a short term deal and see how he does. There's no way he won't be an imrovement.

I'm not saying that i have a problem with Hucks cause i don't really. Its just that i had my heart set on Shola Ameobi i think he has a lot more to prove. I do think he well help us out a lot, but i just don't think he's worth DP money...

Raging Reggie
07-02-2008, 11:28 AM
love Hucks but i think if he signs, hes not going to be our DP or get DP money.

TFC07
07-02-2008, 11:38 AM
It is not that we don't want Huckerby, it's just we might have to use our DP to get him instead of using our DP for a big name player like Pauleta or even Patrick Kluivert

Technorgasm
07-02-2008, 11:44 AM

I ran into some opposition when saying I supported Huckerby with TFC.

the fact remains. . we need someone to finish. if he gest 6 goals all year or 15. . . . all we need is someone to get that ONE or TWO that really count. .

Case in point:
Losing to a USL team at home!!! and jeopradizing TFC in INternational play!

Whiz - ya, its the place with the torches.

you cant miss Huckerby - He has tattoos from here till infinity.

IF he WAS to sign would that mean our DP slot?

mclaren
07-02-2008, 11:48 AM
not keen on Huckerby - much prefer Shola if possible.

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I actually just went to the Spice Route website to check it out, and in their "Celebrity Gallery", there's a pic of Mayor Miller wearing a TFC kit and scarf. Classy stuff.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 12:13 PM
not keen on Huckerby - much prefer Shola if possible.

The issue is that it looks like Shola isn't possible.

So what who is next?

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I'd love Hucks on the team.

Can you imagine.

"All you need is Hucks. dadadadah
All you need is Hucks. dadadadah
All you need is Hucks, Hucks.
Darren huckerby."

saying that:

DP money is not for second tier players.

arsenal
07-02-2008, 12:44 PM
IF he WAS to sign would that mean our DP slot?

Would say 99% no way. All of the talk in the media has been around Toronto having the discovery claim on him so SJ would have to wait for TO to pass first. DP trumps discovery claim so if he was going to be DP $, SJ could sign him regardless.

James Oliphant
07-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Indeed.

And I want names and addresses of these nay-sayers. Ridiculous that anyone would have a problem with a proven finisher like Huckerby coming here and improving our team. He's exactly what we need this year to make a push.

Technorgasm
07-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Would say 99% no way. All of the talk in the media has been around Toronto having the discovery claim on him so SJ would have to wait for TO to pass first. DP trumps discovery claim so if he was going to be DP $, SJ could sign him regardless.

so NO he does not need to take our DP slot becuse we have Discovery rights? Discovery rights?

but if another team wanted to use their DP slot to sign him, there is nothing we could do?

Thats news to me. Still if he Does suit up, and he i sNOT a DP, then GIV'R!!

zeelaw
07-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Sweet story techno... I'm jealous mate.

akoto
07-02-2008, 05:30 PM
so NO he does not need to take our DP slot becuse we have Discovery rights? Discovery rights?

but if another team wanted to use their DP slot to sign him, there is nothing we could do?

Thats news to me. Still if he Does suit up, and he i sNOT a DP, then GIV'R!!

I think what he means is, we have first dibs on him. If he wants DP $$$ and we don't want to pay that we can send him on his way to SJ.

Pryu
07-03-2008, 08:17 AM
If Huckerby has the midas touch, bring him on. Stop crying over who we can't get.
We're not gonna get top tier players anytime soon. We just need to keep upgrading the level of players until the League and the Toronto FC becomes world class.

Corpand
07-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Well, Cunny was a proven finisher too and look what happens.....
Im all for the move though, doesnt hurt trying him out at all.