PDA

View Full Version : A.Stevanovic Signed !

Pages : [1] 2

bman27
03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Multiple Italian Websites are reporting that Alen Stevanovic will be loaned out to us from Torino here is one translated quote from http://www.calciomercato.it/news/112298/Mercato-Torino-e-Inter-Stevanovic-verso-Toronto.html

Alen Stevanovic.
Il giovane centrocampista offensivo serbo in comproprietà tra Torino ed Inter - secondo quanto riporta 'Tuttosport' - sta per essere girato in prestito al Toronto Fc , club che milita nella MLS americana. The young midfielder in Serbia ownership between Turin and Inter - according to a report in 'Tuttosport' - is about to be shot on loan at Toronto FC, MLS club that plays in the U.S..

Whats the Thoughts on him, Serie A peeps?

RedsYNWA
03-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Talented young kid

KRO
03-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Apparently he's a left sided forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gww2l3jmnxI

Nuvinho
03-16-2011, 07:32 AM
boom! (that's all I have to say, its too early)

ManUtd4ever
03-16-2011, 07:33 AM
If he was good enough to trial and sign with Inter and Torino, I'm sure he's talented enough to provide an upgraded level of skill to our midfield. The only question is if he would be able to adapt to the physical style of play in MLS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alen_Stevanovi%C4%87

gmacpheetfc
03-16-2011, 07:34 AM
hes serbian

19Barrett19
03-16-2011, 07:36 AM
I watch this kid play via satellite does he ever like to run at players good vision good shot good pace and young. Could be the winger winter was referring to. Would not mind at all to see what he can go in mls.

TFC/Everton
03-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Apparently he's a left sided forward

Which is exactly what we need. Looks like a promising young kid. :drum: Makes me want to have a :drinking: but its only 8:37am....hmmmmm

19Barrett19
03-16-2011, 07:39 AM
6 hours ahead in italy

gmacpheetfc
03-16-2011, 07:40 AM
5 actually daylight savings delay ;)

TFC/Everton
03-16-2011, 07:41 AM
The Serbian League is pretty physical, no?

19Barrett19
03-16-2011, 07:43 AM
If Tfc sign yourass with Alan on the left side I think we would be fairly dangerous down the left. I also like the secondary choice of Martina or plata not to mention Zavarise. This pick up would be nice to say the least

19Barrett19
03-16-2011, 07:44 AM
The kid plays in Tornio seria A Italy

Nodoubtguy
03-16-2011, 07:59 AM
20 year old who trialed and was signed at Inter?? yes please!

gmacpheetfc
03-16-2011, 08:00 AM
whats the creditability of this source

gmacpheetfc
03-16-2011, 08:11 AM
anyone got him on fm? don't have the italy div 2 in my database

ManUtd4ever
03-16-2011, 08:12 AM
http://twitter.com/alexfan590

Italian Press reporting Alen Stevanovic on loan to Toronto FC from Torino. Here's a bit of video on him. http://youtu.be/gww2l3jmnxI (http://youtu.be/gww2l3jmnxI) about 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/alexfan590/status/47992551684325376) via TweetDeck (http://www.tweetdeck.com/)

Ageroo
03-16-2011, 08:16 AM
this looks promising :)

DangerRed
03-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Here's another article, translated from Spanish:

Spanish to English translation

Posted by Manuel Ramirez on March 16, 2011 - 1:14 pm.

With little more than 20 years, Serbian Alen Stevanovic need minutes. After not having many opportunities in Torino and Inter Milan, the two clubs that share the property of their federative rights, it appears that the remainder of the season try her luck in Major League Soccer.

Their destination would be Toronto FC, where last year ended his career (so far) Spanish Mista. Stevanovic, which this year has played few minutes in league with the Torino and has only been regular cup, leaves on loan and their 'owners'will handle the tab.

Stevanovic is one of the new Serbian football talent, but has stagnated a bit in its progression. He arrived two years ago to Calcium, from the modest Radnicki Obrenovac Serbian and, although he has not played much (only nine games in two years), this time made ​​his debut with the U 21 of the country.

v00d00daddy
03-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Another Italian article. Looks like this has legs

http://www.goal.com/it/news/5/serie-b/2011/03/16/2396931/polveriera-toro-e-scattato-il-tutti-contro-tutti-e-cairo-non

Il cambio in panchina non ha portato i risultati sperati ed anche la scommessa Alen Stevanovic è stata persa: il gioiello prelevato dall'Inter non ha mai convinto a pieno ed il club granata ha deciso di spedirlo al Toronto Football Club gestito da vecchie conoscenze del calcio italiano come Aaron Winter (allenatore) e Jurgen Klinsmann (dirigente).

The change on the bench didn't bring the expected results and even the gamble Alen Stevanovic was lost. The jewel taken from Inter never fully convinced and the maroon club have decided to loan him to Toronto Football Club run by old acquaintances of Italian football like Aaron Winter (coach) and Jurgen Klinsmann (director/manager)

My translation might be a little off but you get the picture.

Detroit_TFC
03-16-2011, 08:28 AM
This is an exciting development!

DangerRed
03-16-2011, 08:30 AM
This is going to be great if true. I really hope the guy can contribute, but until I see him running in a TFC shirt, i'm keeping my excitement muted.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-16-2011, 08:32 AM
nice, looks promising

flatpicker
03-16-2011, 08:34 AM
At least the transition should be easy for him.
Because Torino sounds similar to Toronto.
Seems logical...

mastermixer
03-16-2011, 08:36 AM
We've all heard a few rumours like this brew up before, so I'm holding back any excitement for now. But he does look impressive.

drewski
03-16-2011, 08:37 AM
hes serbian

nobody's perfect :lol:

Pookie
03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
This would bring our mid-field to 8 and if he is on loan, I'd wager the expectation is playing time:

1. Bouchiba
2. De Guzman
3. De Rosario
4. Lindsay
5. Peterson
6. Sturgis
7. Zavarise

... think this move might set the table for another move?

mastermixer
03-16-2011, 08:42 AM
This would bring our mid-field to 8 and if he is on loan, I'd wager the expectation is playing time:

1. Bouchiba
2. De Guzman
3. De Rosario
4. Lindsay

6. Sturgis
7. Zavarise

Done.

zeelaw
03-16-2011, 08:42 AM
A couple of days later, after Patrick Vieira left for Manchester City on 8 January 2010, Stevanović made his Serie A debut the very next day on 9 January at home versus Siena by coming on as a sub for Thiago Motta in the 67th minute. Head coach José Mourinho made the substitution in direct response to Siena taking the 3–2 lead on a goal scored two minutes earlier. By the end, Inter managed to overturn the score 4–3 with an injury time winner.
In that game I put $5 on Inter coming back to win... He owes me nothing, thanks for your efforts Stevanovic!

Pookie
03-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Done.

You get your 3s and 5s mixed up too, eh? ;)

Cashcleaner
03-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Stevanovic might end up being a good loan for us, but does anyone think there's any chance the "Other TFC" would part with Bianchi for a season or two? :ihih:

http://crewdelranch.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/rolando_bianchi01g.jpg

ManUtd4ever
03-16-2011, 08:47 AM

You would rather have Peterson than DeRo?! I think you and Jimmy should get together and go bowling, LOL...

Broadview
03-16-2011, 08:48 AM
How much would you have to pay a kid like this? Something resembling a DP sized cap hit I would guess.

gmacpheetfc
03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
hes on 6 grand a week

mastermixer

Dude, I may be dumb but not crazy :D

maninb

1. Bouchiba
2. De Guzman
3. De Rosario
4. Lindsay
5. Peterson
6. Sturgis
7. Zavarise

I think if we're gonna play Winter's usual 4-3-3, then DeRo and Petersen would be considered forwards....

gmacpheetfc
03-16-2011, 08:53 AM
assuming its a half season loan till their season starts maybe a 150 cap hit

maninb
hes on 6 grand a week

In many cases the parent club would be picking up a portion of his wages...

mmmikey
Lindsay is done for the season no?

Ageroo
03-16-2011, 08:54 AM
How much would you have to pay a kid like this? Something resembling a DP sized cap hit I would guess.

hes on 6 grand a week

So given that.....ballpark between 150-200K for a loan wage?

West220Side
03-16-2011, 08:56 AM

1. Bouchiba
2. De Guzman
3. De Rosario
4. Lindsay <--- *INSERT SERBIAN HERE*
5. Peterson
6. Sturgis
7. Zavarise

I'm thinking Lindsays out for the season anyways, maybe longer.

DangerRed
03-16-2011, 08:58 AM
hes on 6 grand a week

The Spanish article I posted earlier seems to imply Torino and Inter would pick up the tab salary wise. I don't know if that's 100% of his salary, or just part, but I guess it makes sense since in exchange for his contributions, he gets close-to-guaranteed playing time.

Lucky Strike
03-16-2011, 08:58 AM
So given that.....ballpark between 150-200K for a loan wage?

Probably makes sense, 6K a week translates to 312K a year and suppose the two go 50-50, that would give us a figure of 156K for someone that was thought highly enough of to be signed by Inter (and then co-owned by Torino). That sounds like a good deal to me.

mastermixer
03-16-2011, 09:00 AM
assuming its a half season loan till their season starts maybe a 150 cap hit

It would suck if the guy has to go back in August. Imagine if he was our top goal scorer and he gets yanked away when we need him most.

ManUtd4ever
03-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Probably makes sense, 6K a week translates to 312K a year and suppose the two go 50-50, that would give us a figure of 156K for someone that was thought highly enough of to be signed by Inter (and then co-owned by Torino). That sounds like a good deal to me.

Agreed...

Pookie
03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Dude, I may be dumb but not crazy :D

At the end of the day, it comes down to cap space. It would be interesting to see where we are at.

As for Peterson/DeRo playing forward, it is a possibility as we've seen in the pre-season. The thing about that is that you have:

Gordon - Winter/Mariner's first trade
Martina - former Ajax player
Soolsma - another Dutch player
Santos - question mark

If the rumour is that they were close to bringing in a F from the EPL, they are generating plans that would result in a pretty clogged up F position. Based on familiarity and politics, I'd see Gordon, Martina and Soolsma getting quite a few of the minutes in the early going.

Anyways, it's fun to play GM and with TFC there are plenty of story lines to work with.

Cas87
03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
It would suck if the guy has to go back in August. Imagine if he was our top goal scorer and he gets yanked away when we need him most.

I think that Klinsmann and Winter would try to secure a loan till the end of our season and the beginning of the european winter transfer window
They might even put in an option to buy:rolleyes:

Wull
03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Winter tapping another old team for more bodies, this is one of the good points of having a pedigree player in a coaching role

Ossington Mental Youth
03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
from what i know MLS only takes on loan WITH an option to buy

Yeoman
03-16-2011, 09:11 AM

i've also got a winger that's played for arsenal and the spurs if you're interested.
just sayin here guys

TFCRegina
03-16-2011, 09:12 AM
i've also got a winger that's played for arsenal and the spurs if you're interested.
just sayin here guys

Really!?!?

Does he do TV and Twitter?

Lucky Strike
03-16-2011, 09:15 AM
I think that Klinsmann and Winter would try to secure a loan till the end of our season and the beginning of the european winter transfer window
They might even put in an option to buy:rolleyes:

That's right. Though a club could skirt this requirement by agreeing with the loaning club on an outrageous price for purchase. That would satisfy MLS's technical conditions for a loan, without the lending club ever risking losing their player to an enacted purchase clause despite wanting to send the player on loan for minutes/experience/whatever reason.

Broadview
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM

Yeah, this info always gets bandied about whenever MLS and player loans come up. I wonder how reasonable the price has to be though? Could it be a loan with a $10m purchase option that just won't be picked up? Ultimately all contracts go thru the league so it's up to them.

Lucky Strike
03-16-2011, 09:18 AM
At the end of the day, it comes down to cap space. It would be interesting to see where we are at.

As for Peterson/DeRo playing forward, it is a possibility as we've seen in the pre-season. The thing about that is that you have:

Gordon - Winter/Mariner's first trade
Martina - former Ajax player
Soolsma - another Dutch player
Santos - question mark

If the rumour is that they were close to bringing in a F from the EPL, they are generating plans that would result in a pretty clogged up F position. Based on familiarity and politics, I'd see Gordon, Martina and Soolsma getting quite a few of the minutes in the early going.

Anyways, it's fun to play GM and with TFC there are plenty of story lines to work with.

I think it would be a shame for Santos to be marginalized just because he was the previous guy's guy. He can hold up the ball very well, and his passing is good as well. I feel like he could do a lot of damage.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-16-2011, 09:19 AM
I dont see Santos being marginalized, especially with Gordon as the alternative

ManUtd4ever
03-16-2011, 09:24 AM
In all probability, if this reported loan deal is legitimate, Peterson is the likely candidate to be moved, and I wouldn't lose a second of sleep over it.

Whoop
03-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm not getting my hopes up.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-16-2011, 09:28 AM
you got that right, dunno whod wanna take peterson

brad
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Seems like a good pickup on paper, but remember, trialing with a big club like Inter means very little. Clubs like that trial players all the time.

I remember similar levels of excitement surrounding Lombardo because of his "pedigree" in Italy.

ManUtd4ever
03-16-2011, 09:31 AM
you got that right, dunno whod wanna take peterson

This is true. TFC should offer him to Vancouver for free and kill two birds with one stone...

P-NUTZ
03-16-2011, 09:31 AM
peterson sucks massive. give him away.

mastermixer
03-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Seems like a good pickup on paper, but remember, trialing with a big club like Inter means very little. Clubs like that trial players all the time.

I remember similar levels of excitement surrounding Lombardo because of his "pedigree" in Italy.

And look at him now.. playing for FC Porto :rolleyes:

Relja
03-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Looking forward to him playing :). Another Serbian should add to a more physical game. I'd say watch out for the new young Serbians there are a few showing great promise.

Nodoubtguy
03-16-2011, 09:35 AM

but trialed and then signed....big difference. Inter saw enough in him to sign him and actually give him time in a Serie A game

DangerRed
03-16-2011, 09:36 AM

Inter actually signed him in 2009, not just trialed him. Big difference. And he's currently co-owned by Torino and Inter.

v00d00daddy
03-16-2011, 09:37 AM

but trialed and then signed....big difference. Inter saw enough in him to sign him and actually give him time in a Serie A game

Inter actually signed him in 2009, not just trialed him. Big difference. And he's currently co-owned by Torino and Inter.

This Brad.

This guy is no Andrea Lombardo or Rohan Ricketts.

menefreghista
03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Andrea Lombardo made 1 Serie B appearance. Most likely as a late game sub.

This is a totally different situation.

This guy is a lot more promising and has higher upside than all the Dutch Amateurs we've been signing.

What Lombardo should be is a warning sign for all the people who think an Academy will magically produce great players for you.

brad
03-16-2011, 09:44 AM
This Brad.

This guy is no Andrea Lombardo or Rohan Ricketts.

Fair enough - didn't know he actually played for them.

Lombardo reference aside - I still think on paper it looks like a good pickup, and I still think that getting overly excited about the fact that he has some Serie A ties is an over reaction.

I'll reserve judgment until I see him play.

Pookie
03-16-2011, 09:48 AM
I think it would be a shame for Santos to be marginalized just because he was the previous guy's guy. He can hold up the ball very well, and his passing is good as well. I feel like he could do a lot of damage.

Oh, I don't see him being marginalized.

I was responding to the idea that DeRo/Peterson would take up one of the 3 forward positions. The 4 that are there now, including Santos, have legitimate reasons to be be played significant minutes.

Therefore, I think that you are looking at DeRo and Peterson in the mid-field log jam that would be created. De Guzman and Stevanovic would get the minutes. DeRo/Peterson would then be competing with Bouchiba, Sturgis, Zavarise for the other slot.

A move like this could make someone expendable.

KRO
03-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Therefore, I think that you are looking at DeRo and Peterson in the mid-field log jam that would be created. De Guzman and Stevanovic would get the minutes. DeRo/Peterson would then be competing with Bouchiba, Sturgis, Zavarise for the other slot.

Don't forget that every time Canada play we will lose DeRo, DeGuzman and possibly Zavarise. Depth is what we need.

P-NUTZ
03-16-2011, 09:56 AM
and honestly if you HAVE to use peterson, u throw him into the last 5 minutes of a game you're winning or maybe tied, and have him run around like an idiot defending the points. otherwise i think he should never play.

Ultra & Proud
03-16-2011, 09:58 AM

Correct.

gcolacci
03-16-2011, 09:59 AM

I dont think you can ever even put Lombardo on the same paper as any of these guys.

Lombardo was a first year joke. he worked hard cause it was his last chance and still failed.

This guy is for real, and we would be very lucky to have him.

IMO

Cas87
03-16-2011, 09:59 AM
If this does come through I see that the forward line would be:

Martina ----- Santos ----- DeRosario
SUBS: Gordon, Plata

With the Midfield looking like this:
----------- Stevanovic --------------
-- Sturgis --------------- Bouchiba --
----------- De Guzman --------------
SUBS: Peterson, Zavarise, Lindsay
NOTE: If JDG is hurt going into the season then Peterson would move into his spot but on the line with Sturgis and Bouchiba

Pachuco
03-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Sounds promising but I have no idea who this guy is.

mastermixer
03-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Thank you. I was beginning to worry I was the only one that thought Peterson was expendable on this team.

trane
03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Tuttosport is relatively reliable. I will check the other sources when I have time. This sounds interesting.

Pookie
03-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Don't forget that every time Canada play we will lose DeRo, DeGuzman and possibly Zavarise. Depth is what we need.

True but can you find depth for less than the max cap hit?

It was like when TFC had Edwards as the back up keeper. His cap hit wasn't big at all but in the old quota system, he took up an "International" slot. That wasn't the wisest move you could make in managing your assets.

Similarly, if DeRo has a limited role or at least is replaceable, is that the best use of your cap space to have him coming off the bench or unavailable when Canada plays?

It's a big assumption to make that he wouldn't be an automatic lock for either a F or Mid-field position BUT if this signing were to happen and you consider the likely conditions around playing time that would come with the deal, it is not as far fetched as it used to be.

Riding your team of Peterson is an option too. Not as much of a cap savings and likely to not fetch anything in a trade. Addition by subtraction and nothing more.

TFCDP
03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
I won't believe anything until it's on MLS rumors:D

reggie
03-16-2011, 10:47 AM
its on the site now...so it must be true...

markus
03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
even though, Peterson is 'expensive', it's a long season and you need depth...

markus
03-16-2011, 11:19 AM
plus... Peterson plays on the right side of midfield or as a forward...

razor787
03-16-2011, 11:34 AM

NOTE: If JDG is hurt going into the season then Peterson would move into his spot but on the line with Sturgis and Bouchiba

Our defense is too weak with 4 men. Giving one up to add to the midfield would be suicide. No matter who we sign, they will either conform to our 4-3-3 or be riding the bench all year. Nobody will change Winters plan.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-16-2011, 11:38 AM
peterson would never play JDGs spot

ManUtd4ever
03-16-2011, 11:59 AM
The Stevanovic loan speculation was just reported on the Fan590. I'm starting to believe this might be legit. If it is, TFC might actually have some wingers for the first time in franchise history with Zavarise, Martina, and Stevanovic.

Pachuco
03-16-2011, 12:08 PM
The Stevanovic loan speculation was just reported on the Fan590. I'm starting to believe this might be legit. If it is, TFC might actually have some wingers for the first time in franchise history with Zavarise, Martina, and Stevanovic.

Holy crap what a concept. We are actually brining in players to fill voids on the team? I'm liking this news more and more by the minute. Not because I know anything about the player. But because it shows Winter has a good sense of what's missing.

Unlike trader Mo who goes out and drafts a midfielder in place of a defender when we had 12 midfielders and 1 defender. That defender is turning out to be the future of the USMNT.

DangerRed
03-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Another Italian website reporting the rumours: http://www.fcinternews.it/

I like how they say the move would be one to a "less competitive environment." Hahahaha. So true.

yellowfellow
03-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Holy crap...Fan 590 just announced this as well. Never knew they get their news from RPB forums.

Thrillos
03-16-2011, 12:57 PM

I don't see this as the line up whatsoever, I am fairly confident it will look like this
Santos
Martina - - - - - - Peterson

De Rosario
Bouchiba - - De Guzman

Back Four

I am not saying this is our starting lineup but using the likely names thus far in the lineup, look for this formation to be used, i'm pretty much 100% certain.

I see our lineup positioning this season very similar to Mouhrino's Real Madrid formation.

And if you wanna see an example of how good this formation can work watch the upcoming champions league game at quarter to 4

tfcmanu
03-16-2011, 01:20 PM
http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinternews.it/img_notizie/thumb1/53aab24b2d6a20eab5a9f97188675986-1262537068.jpeghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sj4U75oWLgM/TDxmCVnMYtI/AAAAAAAAAKM/MaEX3nYCOVo/s1600/stevanovic.jpg

NBS
03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
If he does sign, while I don't know much about him, at least it sounds like there is upside and potential there as they have hope for him in Italy and want to see him get some competitive minutes, even if it is at the MLS level. It's not like signing released players out of Latvian football, with all due respect to any fans of Latvian football.

Pigfynn
03-16-2011, 01:31 PM
20 year old, true left footed winger from Serie A.

Yes, please

CretanBull
03-16-2011, 01:32 PM

Amen!

ArmenJBX
03-16-2011, 01:32 PM
He'll wear the number 44 shirt.
FIFA 11 rates him a 65 overall at RW.

The ideal lineup, therefore, is as follows.

----------------------Frei (70)-----------------------
--Gargan (63)-----Nana(66)----Cann(67)---Yourass(61)
-----------------------Bouchiba(63)------------------
--------De guzman(74)-------------De Rosario(76)-----
--Stevanovic(65)-------Maicon(65)--------Martina(65)-

Darlofletch
03-16-2011, 01:36 PM
hopefully this happens, looks like a step up in class to what we've been bringing in so far.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-16-2011, 01:41 PM

Id say switch Bouchiba and DeGuzman around

ArmenJBX
03-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Initially I had it that way, but it seems that Bouchiba has more defensive qualities and de Guzman, in the game at least, has better offensive traits.

razor787
03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Yea. Why pay for a DP, and then play him out of position. Put him as DM and hopefully he will be able to start plays.

ArmenJBX
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
He sucks as a CDM in the game.
The game doesn't care about DP or not, his qualities for me work better as a Xavi role better than a Busquets.

ginkster88
03-16-2011, 02:15 PM
We get that you're playing FIFA, in real life he will be at DM.

ginkster88
03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
It doesn't matter because you just buy Drogba in year three anyway and dominate everyone.

DangerRed
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM

Off topic: After coaching TFC to two consecutive MLS Cups, then moving to FC Istres Ouest Provence for a year (godawful team, but I hit the board's goal of staying near the middle of the table), I'm having a hell of a run with Racing Santander right now, trying to get them back promoted into La Liga (it's 2016 and they've been relegated). They're the best possession-oriented team I've played with in the entire game.

On topic: if this materializes, it could go a long way to fixing the current disconnect between the back half and the forwards (although I gotta say, if Frei passes around the ball like he has been, we're going to get creamed by fast teams like Seattle and LA).

werewolf
03-16-2011, 02:32 PM
^ how was Paul Kessany?

DangerRed
03-16-2011, 02:33 PM
^They were all very, very painfully slow, Kessany included. And they had terrible ball awareness. Like with Racing if I've got someone getting ready to launch a through ball, the forwards read the play and try to make a run. No such luck with Istres.

Serb_Star
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow this would be unreal!!!

Stevanovic is so fun to watch, his best position is attacking midfielder. He wasn't playing for Torino because he had a falling out with the coach.

TFC/Everton
03-16-2011, 04:18 PM

Santos is the weak link in the middle. If we add a DP striker, this might not be so bad.

Chevy
03-16-2011, 04:47 PM
I can't see DeRo not being one of the front three.

razor787
03-16-2011, 05:08 PM
My Take

-------------------------Frei--------------------------
----Gargan-------Nana---------Cann--------Yourass--
----------------------De Guzman----------------------
-------------Bouchiba-------------Zavarise-------------
--Stevanovic----------DeRosario--------Martina-------

Stryker
03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
My Take

-------------------------Frei--------------------------
----Gargan-------Nana---------Cann--------Yourass--
----------------------De Guzman----------------------
-------------Bouchiba-------------Zavarise-------------
--Stevanovic----------DeRosario--------Martina-------

Please choose one of the following sarcastic replies:

A) cross to a 5'10 striker... headed goals a plenty
B) DeRo won't get enough chances to shoot from 40 yards out playing that far forward
C) DeRo doesn't like playing up front and it'd just be one more thing for him to whine about

Chevy
03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Play him in the midfield and choose from these responses

Please choose one of the following sarcastic replies:

A) cross from a 5'10 striker with three assists last year. Not productive
B) DeRo will get too many chances to shoot from 40 yards out playing that far back
C) DeRo doesn't like playing anywhere he's not the #1 opotion and will whine

Pick your poison. :D

prizby
03-16-2011, 05:45 PM
love the peterson haters

i can't remember, but didn't he score already...there are quite a few who HAVEN'T

Pookie
03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
^ and he scored during play... some have only scored on penalties ;)

Pookie
03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
I can't see DeRo not being one of the front three.

When you are the Manager and outside of Santos, your front 3 include:

-1 player you traded for,
- 2 players you signed and you know from the Dutch system

I'm not sure why folks think DeRo would get front 3 positioning.

69Chevy396
03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
If he was good enough to trial and sign with Inter and Torino, I'm sure he's talented enough to provide an upgraded level of skill to our midfield. The only question is if he would be able to adapt to the physical style of play in MLS.

you are kidding right? Serie A is dirty, tough league that makes mls look like walk at Canada Blooms

jloome
03-16-2011, 06:03 PM
When you are the Manager and outside of Santos, your front 3 include:

-1 player you traded for,
- 2 players you signed and you know from the Dutch system

I'm not sure why folks think DeRo would get front 3 positioning.

He'll play in the hole.

Right now, our starting lineup to me would be:

Omphroy--Attakora--Cann--Yourrasowsky

-------DeGuzman-------------Bouchiba-----
-------------------DeRosario-----------------
------Martina------------------Zavarise/Stevanov (if signed)
-------------------Santos------------------------

I'd also add that's not a bad starting lineup by MLS standards. We may not be as weak as a lot of pundits are assuming, even with the shallow depth.

Serb_Star
03-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm surprised hes coming to the MLS, since playing here will lessen the likelihood of him getting called up to the Serbian U-21's, which is unfortunate.

sashavukelich
03-16-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm surprised hes coming to the MLS, since playing here will lessen the likelihood of him getting called up to the Serbian U-21's, which is unfortunate.

i'd normally agree with you, but if his performance is stellar all that will likely change. As a person of yugoslavian decent i'm thrilled to see more slavs in the league doing really well!

Perovic, Stolica (err...), Boskovic, Ristic, Jankovic, Husidic, Ubiparipovic (not so hot) AND Maric and Mikulic are both unknown quantities on Chicago's roster.

This pleases me greatly. Great representation from the Balkans, and this was just off the top of my head.

ArmenJBX
03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
love the peterson haters

i can't remember, but didn't he score already...there are quite a few who HAVEN'T

Jacob Peterson chant at 25:13?
I think so <3

ag futbol
03-16-2011, 09:58 PM
He'll play in the hole.

I'd also add that's not a bad starting lineup by MLS standards. We may not be as weak as a lot of pundits are assuming, even with the shallow depth.
See that starts to make a lot more sense.

A 4-3-3 can be played many ways, this looks to be one that is somewhat practical... although I'll admit I'd probably insert Gargan for @twithead. Also hoping Yourrassowsky adjusts a little better than our previous fullbacks.

Otherwise it starts to make sense. We have two defensive minded players to shield the backline and allow the attacking players to concentrate more on what they do best.

ManUtd4ever
03-16-2011, 10:06 PM
you are kidding right? Serie A is dirty, tough league that makes mls look like walk at Canada Blooms

Lol, both leagues are physical, but the overall style of play in Serie A is still more fluid, tactical, and possession oriented. The defending in MLS is based on raw aggression more than positional sense, which leaves players with less time to react.

swan
03-16-2011, 10:30 PM
love the peterson haters

bid deal it was preseason..

J .
03-16-2011, 10:42 PM
He'll play in the hole.

Thats more that likely what I can see happening. DeRo has to play in a free role behind Santos, with four players attacking going forward, JDG hangs back and Bouchiba and him work as the first and second passing options for the back line. I dont know if Omphroy is ready to start and Im not too impressed with Santos as our starting CF.

If the team can come together, they can win some games if Martina, Zavarise can play and we can keep the ball in the opposing teams end. Which so far we have yet to see in preason.

I just fucking hope we beat Vancouver.

NBS
03-17-2011, 12:20 AM

Gargan for Omphroy and that's pretty much the lineup I would have in mind. Except I might put Peterson or Martina ahead of Zavarise, but Stevanovic ahead of all of them. In fairness, I don't know enough about most of these guys yet.
I do think we will see more from Peterson this year, people forget how difficult it can be to come back from a major knee surgery. Usually aren't yourself until the second year, and I thought he played much better towards the end of last season.

West220Side
03-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Gargan didnt look to be favorited by Winter.
You're all playing Zavarise to far up on the wing, he was trialed in the midfield role.
You're all also forgetting about Soolsma, seemed to be Winters favorite winger aside from Martina.

Derko
03-17-2011, 04:15 AM
bid deal it was preseason..

I thought Peterson scored a cracker of a goal last year in Champion's League play, just saying, Remember JDG has done the Barrett thing and missed a wide open net on a few occasions. And before any of you say anything, I know JDG will play far better under Winter's system, I hope!!
:drinking:

brandrews
03-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Gargan didnt look to be favorited by Winter.
You're all playing Zavarise to far up on the wing, he was trialed in the midfield role.
You're all also forgetting about Soolsma, seemed to be Winters favorite winger aside from Martina.

zavarise played at the back, in the middle, and up front during the pre-season. he scored a goal while playing in the front three, if i remember correctly.

i'd be surprised to see soolsma start.

swan
03-17-2011, 09:05 AM
I thought Peterson scored a cracker of a goal last year in Champion's League play, just saying, Remember JDG has done the Barrett thing and missed a wide open net on a few occasions. And before any of you say anything, I know JDG will play far better under Winter's system, I hope!!
:drinking:

he better or else... knuckle sandwich..lol

gmacpheetfc
03-17-2011, 09:09 AM
6 month loan apparently

TFCDP
03-17-2011, 09:16 AM
^thanks for getting back on topic.... 6 month loan?

Lucky Strike
03-17-2011, 09:29 AM
6 month loan apparently

Taking us to mid-September if true. A little strange I would venture to say from the Torino/Inter perspective, I would have talked about a 5 month loan so that he comes back for the start of the season in Europe.

TFC probably asked for Stevanovic for the entire season and 6 months ended being the compromise? It's difficult to guess without more information and going beyond simply trying to put yourself in the shoes of the club representatives.

If Stevanovic is only here until September, then at least he can help us in the quest for a Canadian Championship and subsequently and berth in the group stage of the CCL. If he plays really well, he may help TFC be in a better position to make the playoffs, whether he's here or not for them.

Anyway, just passing out some thoughts generated from this new information.

Joe Kool
03-17-2011, 09:32 AM
MLS usually insist on the buy out clause in their loan contracts which stops some of them from happening. I wonder if that changed in the new CBA.

Whoop
03-17-2011, 09:34 AM
6 month loan apparently

Did you see that somewhere?

Just wondering if this story has legs.

ensco
03-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Did you see that somewhere?

Just wondering if this story has legs.

This says 6/12 months on loan. Couldn't say if the writer has any credibility.

http://www.socceritalia.info/2011/03/17/toronto-sul-torinista-alen-stevanovic/

boban
03-17-2011, 10:41 AM
It doesn't say when the loan starts.
Are not all loans/transfer not allowed until the late May at the earliest?

rocker
03-17-2011, 11:04 AM
not sure, but i think he would have to come in on loan before the end of the first window (April 15).

If he joined right before the window closes, then he could go back to Europe before August 31 (their window closing date). But if he stays beyond August 31, then he wouldn't be able to play in Europe til the January window.

"6 months" ties in well with the notion that he'd leave us by August 31.
Maybe if things go well they could extend it for Sept-Nov and then decide if he wants to stick around for 2012 or go back in the January window.

Cas87
03-18-2011, 05:22 PM
So is or is this not happening?

Or are they waiting to announce next week for the home opener?

sidvan
03-18-2011, 07:21 PM
anyone, anyone

oxygenatedbrain
03-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Still in the Italian sport press today...

"The transaction, which should be conducted in tandem with Inter and Torino, will start at the beginning of next week and may close within a short time."

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/inter/?action=read&idnet=ZmNpbnRlcm5ld3MuaXQtNDE4Mzk

TFCDP
03-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I need to know.... I frickin die'n ova here

Alonso
03-18-2011, 07:45 PM
^^^Me to! I check this thread 80 times a day...

TFCDP
03-18-2011, 07:49 PM
^^ haha.. dido

gmacpheetfc
03-18-2011, 08:14 PM
hahaah same

Pigfynn
03-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Mr. Rollins believes this could be happening.

@24thminute (http://twitter.com/24thminute) hmm, what about this Alen Stevanovic rumour..does it have legs? 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/PIGFYNN/status/48931124663169024) via Twitter for BlackBerry® (http://blackberry.com/twitter) in reply to 24thminute (http://twitter.com/24thminute/status/48920794830606336)

@PIGFYNN (http://twitter.com/PIGFYNN) - I think, yes. 5 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/24thminute/status/48931175166779392) · reply (http://twitter.com/?status=@24thminute%20&in_reply_to_status_id=48931175166779392&in_reply_to=24thminute)

Serb_Star
03-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Nothing in the Serbian papers.

Guajiro
03-20-2011, 10:29 PM
This from a Google translation of a SoccerItalia story - "Alen Stevanovic: contacted his agent, from Portugal, has made ​​it known to completely ignore this whole story."

http://www.socceritalia.info/2011/03/19/mls-preview-2011-%E2%80%93-toronto-fc/

If anyone can give a better translation, please do.

Whoop
03-20-2011, 10:36 PM
I thought his agent is Giorgio Parretti.

I doubt Stevanovic is coming to TFC.

Yohan
03-20-2011, 10:38 PM
This from a Google translation of a SoccerItalia story - "Alen Stevanovic: contacted his agent, from Portugal, has made ​​it known to completely ignore this whole story."

http://www.socceritalia.info/2011/03/19/mls-preview-2011-%E2%80%93-toronto-fc/

If anyone can give a better translation, please do.
i'm more shocked that some italians would put effort to keep track of MLS!

TFCDP
03-20-2011, 10:40 PM
So much for this guy i guess.....this thread should be closed, I'm sick of checking it.

[NBF]
03-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Is this loan actually happening or not?

TFCDP
03-20-2011, 10:48 PM
^no, I have made my peace and am moving on

DangerRed
03-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Another promising player addition dashed. Shame, but not surprising.

Davenport
03-21-2011, 09:22 AM

MLS is no more physical than any other league. It just looks that way as most of the players are from North America and are not blessed with the same skills as European/Latin players.
The 2 smallest players on the pitch ripped us apart on Saturday.

Kc17
03-21-2011, 03:02 PM
That sucks. I thought he could have been a real upgrade, and difference maker for us.

Detroit_TFC
03-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Well, I guess that shows there's a fine line between sure thing and not happening.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Maybe there's still some hope for this:

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/inter/?action=read&idnet=ZmNpbnRlcm5ld3MuaXQtNDIyOTg

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=42298

Pigfynn
03-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Italian to English translation

Stevanovic six months in Toronto, is almost done
23/03/2011 14:28 Joseph Granieri to fcinternews.it article read 983 times

It should be increasingly shaped the negotiations which should lead Stevanovic Alen American to play in MLS in the ranks of Canada's Toronto coached by Dutchman and former Inter midfielder, Aaron Winter. As we informed the other day, everything suggests that this week will close the transfer and well-informed sources probed by FcInternews.it do know that tomorrow could be the decisive day. Also established the mode: it will be a loan of six months.

ManUtd4ever
03-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I hope this article is accurate...

It was increasingly the negotiations which should lead to Alen Stevanovic to play in MLS in ranks of Canadian Toronto coached by Dutchman and former midfielder nerazzurro, Aaron Winter. As we informed the a few days ago, everything suggests that this week will close the transfer and explored by well-informed sources FcInternews it do know that tomorrow could be the decisive day. Set the mode: it will be a six-month loan.

backbeat
03-23-2011, 01:15 PM
mmmm - - tasty - - :hump:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Frei - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - -Attakora - - - - - - Cann - - - - - - - - - - -

Omphroy - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Yourassowsky

- - - - - - - Bouchiba - - - - - - - - DeGuz - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dero - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - Stevanovic - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Martina - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Santos - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TFCDP
03-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Great... now I have to check this thread 20 times a day now.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-23-2011, 01:25 PM
backbeat -
Id imagine thatd be our starting 11 (prob with diff fullbacks tho....maybe?)

Pigfynn
03-23-2011, 01:27 PM

Like this <3

Needs a better RB though.

DangerRed
03-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Fuckin' A!

And the TFC emotional roller coaster starts heading up once again!

Hope this gets done. Between him and DeGuz, we could see a huge difference.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Detroit_TFC
03-23-2011, 01:54 PM

:scarf:

I'll be crying in my beer again in two days when we find out this was all bs.

boban
03-23-2011, 02:04 PM

personally I would like to see some more tinkering ...

- - - - - - ------- - -DeGuz - - - - - - - - ----

- - - - -------Dero - - - - - - - - - - - - - -----Martina

- - - Stevanovic - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Santos- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -DP Striker- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Omphroy can take a hike also, need to find a RB somewhere.

TFCDP
03-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Thats a good lineup.... God help us if we ever need to make a substitution.

nfitz
03-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Am I missing something? The guy is a 20-year old midfielder who hasn't ever scored a goal outside the 3rd level of Serbian football, and is frequently injured. Do I have the right guy?

What excites people?

menefreghista
03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Tuttomercatoweb and that fcinter site aren't the most reliable either. The first one is a rumour site for sure.

If this was being reported in places like La Gazzetta it would be more believable.

Whoop
03-23-2011, 02:30 PM
^^
That's what I've gathered.

DangerRed
03-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Am I missing something? The guy is a 20-year old midfielder who hasn't ever scored a goal outside the 3rd level of Serbian football, and is frequently injured. Do I have the right guy?

What excites people?

What excites me is a 20-year-old midfielder with enough talent to be signed by Inter Milan (now co-owned by Inter and Torino) coming here on loan for six months for a manageable amount of money.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
03-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Can they throw us a couple of defenders in on the loan? I think we'd take anyone they can spare us.

swan
03-23-2011, 03:52 PM
personally I would like to see some more tinkering ...

- - - - - - ------- - -DeGuz - - - - - - - - ----

- - - - -------Dero - - - - - - - - - - - - - -----Martina

- - - Stevanovic - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Santos- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -DP Striker- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Omphroy can take a hike also, need to find a RB somewhere.

i think backbeats formation would work better if we are going to pass the ball out of our end all the time some more option for them would be needed i think..

but i'm not AW ( like the sound of that as an arsenal fan) so who knows..

bigtfcfan
03-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Great lineup!

Thrillos
03-23-2011, 08:00 PM
I got some good news just now, Stevanovic is supposed to be signed by next week. It's still not 100% but it looks very very likely it will go through!

So get excited, but not too excited because we still have alot of shit on this team.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-23-2011, 08:09 PM
awesome, good looking out on the scoops

swan
03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
i will wait and see still

sashavukelich
03-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Thrillos, glad to hear it man. What is your source?

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-23-2011, 10:12 PM
On ICT there saying next week too, sounds like visa issues are getting in the way.

TFCDP
03-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Frickin visa issues.... Thrillos, don't be toyin with my emotions... Who "told" you?

TFCREDNWHITE
03-23-2011, 11:37 PM
I hope this goes through.....

TFCwestcan
03-23-2011, 11:48 PM
From the limited video he looks very promising. Fingers crossed.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-24-2011, 12:15 AM
I never been so excited about a Serie B squad player! I freaking out here!

Yohan
03-24-2011, 12:46 AM
I never been so excited about a Serie B squad player! I freaking out here!
most serie b squad players are probably better than most MLS players :P

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-24-2011, 02:16 AM
^ Probably, or at least on par. That said how times have we seen a player from a Euro. second division come to the MLS and look average? Lots.

It's exciting that a player partially owned by Inter could be loaned to TFC.

TFC trivia: Name the other players loaned to TFC.

denime
03-24-2011, 05:25 AM
^ Probably, or at least on par. That said how times have we seen a player from a Euro. second division come to the MLS and look average? Lots.

It's exciting that a player partially owned by Inter could be loaned to TFC.

Vitti

ensco
03-24-2011, 06:47 AM

Vitti and Stamatopoulos

gmacpheetfc
03-24-2011, 06:54 AM
i thought his agent squashed this

Thrillos
03-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Sorry guys I obviously can't say who told me this.

Although, its looking like its a done deal that he is coming.

Nuvinho
03-24-2011, 07:21 AM

Do you know when he'll be in Toronto?

Sometimes we sign a guy and its takes 3 to 4 weeks before he is in Toronto, then the coaching staff says he isn't fit, then another 2 to 3 weeks before he can play. We need more talent ASAP on the field.

Thrillos
03-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Do you know when he'll be in Toronto?

Sometimes we sign a guy and its takes 3 to 4 weeks before he is in Toronto, then the coaching staff says he isn't fit, then another 2 to 3 weeks before he can play. We need more talent ASAP on the field.

No,I'm not sure on the specifics of the time line, I was just told that it would take about a week. That was a couple days ago, so if it does happen, I would expect it to happen soon.

gmacpheetfc
03-24-2011, 07:33 AM
this your source ahhaahh

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/inter/?action=read&idnet=ZmNpbnRlcm5ld3MuaXQtNDIyOTg

McBrace
03-24-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm not holding my breath.....Too many stories stating otherwise.

Thrillos
03-24-2011, 07:47 AM
this your source ahhaahh

Nope

denime
03-24-2011, 07:53 AM

I Got same info last night,and I don't think we have same source,however MLS paperwork /contract is always biggest obstacle and takes time.

Nuvinho
03-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Seriously.....what does the MLS FO do that they are so busy that it takes them forever to paperwork done. We live in an age where billion dollar deals can get done by electronic signature, etc. I bet the MLS FO still uses pigeons to get messages across.

not just talking about this case, but so many other players have been held up by paperwork.

ManUtd4ever
03-24-2011, 07:57 AM
^^ Good news guys. Thanks for the updates. I wonder why Stevanovic denied this report last week?

boban
03-24-2011, 08:15 AM
^^ Good news guys. Thanks for the updates. I wonder why Stevanovic denied this report last week?
Maybe looking for a better deal elsewhere.

Thrillos
03-24-2011, 09:27 AM
I Got same info last night,and I don't think we have same source,however MLS paperwork /contract is always biggest obstacle and takes time.

Ya I doubt we have the same source, so that's good its coming from two separate parties.

gmacpheetfc
03-24-2011, 09:47 AM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1396-TFC-should-invest-in-a-labor-immigration-lawyer

Whoop
03-24-2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1396-TFC-should-invest-in-a-labor-immigration-lawyer

That's a good point.

It's stuff like this where MLSE can spend the money they have to get things expedited.

Maybe they can hire trane, though he would probably cost too much. LOL

ACSertL
03-24-2011, 10:19 AM
That's a good point.

It's stuff like this where MLSE can spend the money they have to get things expedited.

Maybe they can hire trane, though he would probably cost too much. LOL

Yeah, but he would get us Pato :)

Pookie
03-24-2011, 10:21 AM
You'd think that MLSE as an organization would have a decent immigration lawyer that could be shared by the NBA, NHL and AHL teams.

Whoop
03-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah, but he would get us Pato :)

Or Pirlo. LOL

Whoop
03-24-2011, 10:22 AM
You'd think that MLSE as an organization would have a decent immigration lawyer that could be shared by the NBA, NHL and AHL teams.

You'd think so.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2011, 10:26 AM
yeah that kinda blows my mind, especially being 5 years in.
do you think that perhaps Canadas just a pain in the ass regarding this ish?

bman27
03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
yeah that kinda blows my mind, especially being 5 years in.
do you think that perhaps Canadas just a pain in the ass regarding this ish?

I don't know about that, I can't remember the last time the leafs or any other canadian NHL team had issues with immigration. you would figure it would be a pritty standard procedure with MLSE but who know with them......

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2011, 10:43 AM
what about the raptors tho?
also all the players from SA, Africa and europe we've tried to sign in the past?

gmacpheetfc
03-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Canada has stepped up their immigration policies a lot more eastern european and even central european countries within the EU are now required to get visa even for short term visits (czech rep hungary slovakia etc) might have something to do with that remember this cuz they all responded by issuing visa requirements back but only to canadian diplomats not regular citizens go figure.

drewski
03-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Canada has stepped up their immigration policies a lot more eastern european and even central european countries within the EU are now required to get visa even for short term visits (czech rep hungary slovakia etc) might have something to do with that remember this cuz they all responded by issuing visa requirements back but only to canadian diplomats not regular citizens go figure.

only Czech, not Hungary or Slovakia

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

as for only diplomats, its because the cost (lost tourism) to them for visa's on all would be a lot higher than it is to us because Canadians don't typically seek asylum in eastern europe, whereas they (Roma typically) do

Whoop
03-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I remember needing a visa to go to Prague back in 2002. Canada had dropped the visa requirements to the Czech Republic prior to that but then saw an increase of Roma seeking asylum in Canada so they imposed a visa restriction on Czechs coming to Canada, so then the Czech Republic imposed one on Canadians. LOL

Both countries dropped it later on but there is talk of bringing it back as the number of Roma seeking asylum in Canada is increasing again.

Either way, to bring it back to the topic, MLSE should have a crack immigration lawyer to handle these cases.

ManUtd4ever
03-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I don't know if it's as simple as getting an immigration lawyer. It probably won't expedite the process. I'm sure all the paperwork is in place for our new import players, it's just a waiting game. Even Mo was bitching about the delay in Canadian immigration policies since day one.

rocker
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I love all this armchair speculation about immigration issues from wannabe immigration lawyers... hahaha.

Whoop
03-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Well, we discuss every other topic around here like we're experts. LOL

swan
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
having gone through immigration from the states and to the states it was a lot more difficult going to canada..

and more expensive

FreekAce
03-24-2011, 02:32 PM
CIC has massive backups in a lof of departments at the moment. Getting anything done quickly is near impossible.

not a immigration lawyer but have to deal with them all the time.

Serb_Star
03-24-2011, 02:56 PM
If he can play for Serbia's U-21's he can play for TFC, plus he can't be any worse than the Dutch 6th divisioner that's currently occupying his position.

Pookie
03-24-2011, 03:02 PM
I love all this armchair speculation about immigration issues from wannabe immigration lawyers... hahaha.

Maybe we could get an immigration lawyer to trial...er... train... with us for a short period of time? Someone disgruntled at their respective firm?

TFCRegina
03-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe we could get an immigration lawyer to trial...er... train... with us for a short period of time? Someone disgruntled at their respective firm?

Obvious troll is obvious.

jojoflow
03-24-2011, 03:41 PM
umm TFC has had a left side winger tho MArtina played good Saturday
they need a Right side winger Soolsma was torrible

and they need a left back
and not to play Harden and play Cann at cb

oxygenatedbrain
03-24-2011, 04:37 PM
http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/03/toronto-fc-signs-stefanovic-and-plata

noochie
03-24-2011, 04:39 PM
nice!

TFCDP
03-24-2011, 04:41 PM
I'll assume he's fit and that he's been playing recently..... Awesome news.

colman1860
03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
This is fantastic news! Will he be available for Saturday?

Waggy
03-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I just love that Toronto FC got a player from Torino FC. How are we not brother clubs?

denime
03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Great news !

Batman
03-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I just love that Toronto FC got a player from Torino FC. How are we not brother clubs?

he also had a cup of coffee with Inter. Cool.

In the last 4 years we'd have to get excited about some aging Motherwell reject or some such thing.

Gazza
03-24-2011, 05:06 PM
All we need now is Paul Dickov's passport to come through and we're set.

But seriously, any idea of when he'll be ready to play?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Was wondering the same thing, I bet he gets 20 on sat to warm up and looks damn good

moralis
03-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Pretty good player for TFC: He also has a temper (watch the end). I like him already.

Alen Stevanovic in Torino - Cosenza (Copa Italia 2010-2011)

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Is Stevanovic currently with the team? Maybe that's why they had a couple of closed practises?

denime
03-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Is Stevanovic currently with the team? Maybe that's why they had a couple of closed practises?

Or maybe 20cm of snow and -5 :D

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
The piece on the TFC website now makes it sound like's he not currently with the team.

DangerRed
03-24-2011, 05:18 PM
This is awesome news! YES!!!!!

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

gcolacci
03-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Big Time news,

I think he will be available on saturday - cause it seems that this announcement was rushed.

And Asif just wrote about if he can make an instant impact.

I say yes, he looks good.

Ontario Arab
03-24-2011, 05:22 PM
good news

Detroit_TFC
03-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Good news for a change.

Pookie
03-24-2011, 05:59 PM
And there was much rejoicing

:flare:

Pachuco
03-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Sounds positive. Although I'll wait until I see him play to know whether this is good news or not. We do need a winger though and he's a winger.

rocktml
03-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Not too exctied just yet. I'll watch him play with TFC before wetting my pants. DeGuz, Mista, Gerba and vitti to name a few. Countless times i've been let down

Sweeper
03-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Maybe now we won't have to start Peterson.

TFCRegina
03-24-2011, 06:12 PM

They also need a rightback, because Gargan was a disaster.

vince93
03-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I think we can use a guy with this skill on our left side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ48aeSmvT4

hodgkiss
03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
and... regarding the left sided thing... although he was on the left side for the match posted form youtube, he only made one cross form his left foot and that was because he was wide and very deep in the offensive zone.

every other cross and shot he took he seemed to have cut into the centre of the pitch and let it go form his right foot. which means to me that he is a natural right footed player who is playing on the left side.

so... with that being said, i hope he will play on the right side where i am assuming he will feel more comfortable anyway... (replacing softsma).

alos having plata and gordon now as selections for forward this could make for a much better showing this weekend.

jloome
03-24-2011, 06:28 PM

Martina is good with both feet. He's naturally right-sided.

ManUtd4ever
03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Excellent news. I'm thrilled that this signing is official after it seemed like just another baseless rumor last week. Stevanovic has an excellent pedigree by MLS standards and might be the first legitimate winger in the history of the franchise.

jojoflow
03-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Martina is good with both feet. He's naturally right-sided.

oh really?? thanks I was just goinf to check out he wiki page

really hope they keep Martina in the lineup once he gets more support he will show his great passing and playmaking he may need some work on cossing tho

jloome
03-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Excellent news. I'm thrilled that this signing is official after it seemed like just another baseless rumor last week. Stevanovic has an excellent pedigree by MLS standards and might be the first legitimate winger in the history of the franchise.

Other than Ronnie O'Brien, Laurent Robert, Hunter Freeman and Andy Walsh, of course, as sucking, being petulant or moving to Norway discounts you.:D

ManUtd4ever
03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Other than Ronnie O'Brien, Laurent Robert, Hunter Freeman and Andy Walsh, of course, as sucking, being petulant or moving to Norway discounts you.:D

LOL, at least this time we signed a kid with tons of upside. If he makes an impression while on loan, does TFC/MLS have the option of purchasing his rights or will he return to Torino at the start of the next Serie B season? I was under the impression that all MLS loan deals include the right to sign the player on loan, but the article seems to indicate otherwise in this case.

sashavukelich
03-24-2011, 07:00 PM
hahaha if Andy Welsh is a legitimate winger i'll explode! The others i agree 100%

jojoflow
03-24-2011, 07:00 PM
They also need a rightback, because Gargan was a disaster.

ya true but he did have to deal with Hardens sub par play. Im not gonna lie when I seen harden playi cb and Cann playing LB i knew TFC would be in trouble two of Hrdens mistakes lead to goals and he mad at least 6 other really por plays that lead to almost goals.

if Martina can play right wing and Stevnovic is as good as he looks (he is listed as a midfielder. Can he play left winger??) TFC will just need a LB an time to gel

Wow TFC really needs Todd Dunivant its nice that they just gave him away to LA (who did they even get for him)

sorry this a little messy i hope people understand what im getting at

**pss TFCREGINA ill b moving back to Regina at the end of April maybe we can get together to watch some tfc games and Canada games m twin bro is living in Regina too

Thomas
03-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm excited about this. I have seen a few clips of him play, and it looks like we could use him. Don't know that much about him...but considering how desperate we are for a winger, I really am hoping that this works out positively for us.