PDA

View Full Version : JJ - Brennan - Ricketts

djking2
07-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Two games in a row now Carver has brought JJ in to play left back moved Brennan up to the mid and taken Ricketts out. I know it hasn't won us a game but it sure provided more spark. I hope we see a bit more of that.

noochie
07-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Carver had switched it to an emergency 3-5-2 in those cases (at least he did yesterday for sure). I liked the excitement at one end but VAN hit us on the counter attack twice and could have easily scored. The first time, the whitecaps dude ran it in the corner with 3 guys almost totally unmarked just to waste some time instead of going for the kill and the second time Guevara came all the way back to bail out Sutton.

I wouldn't be totally against it... but with the performance of our center-mids these past couple games it would make me real nervous.

ensco
07-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Here's the view on this of "Old Striker":

Considering they need to score a lot of goals against Vancouver, I like the formation for that purpose, not necessarily for every game and not necessarily those players.

Carver played three at back with Brennan and Wynne moving up as wingers/wing backs, two strikers and two offensive midfielders (Guevara, Edu). They had more offence in 2nd half than any half in the last two years.

Or they can play a 4-4-2 with two strikers (Dichio and Cunningham) plus Guevara playing off mid and Edu on the bench. Robert and Ricketts haven't been effective as wingers, they don't get down the line and cross the ball. Can't remember one cross in first half by those guys. Part of the problem is they don't get much service from the likes of Robinson and Edu, but Brennan has looked far more dangerous in that role when Carver moved him up vs NE and Vanc.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Did anyone see that SICK cross that Julius James made from one side of the pitch to the other!! I think he put it right on Wynnes boots!!