PDA

View Full Version : MLS Live Says: Canada, a restricted territory!

Dougrd
03-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Has anyone else tried to use MLS Match Day Live?

I have had an account for three years. But tonight as I tried to log on i got an error message:

You are accessing this page from a restricted territory.

MLS MatchDay Live is not available outside of the
United States.

I have tried to contact MLS to find out whats the deal.
But seems like its another MLS brain fart / ignorance when it comes to north of the border.

Anyone out there have any info or insight?

Suds
03-15-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1365-Clock-keeps-ticking-on-MLS-MatchDay-Live-in-Canada&

Check out some updates on Canadian Soccer News.

Smokecell
03-15-2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1365-Clock-keeps-ticking-on-MLS-MatchDay-Live-in-Canada&

Check out some updates on Canadian Soccer News.

In fairness with or without service in Canada for tonight's game we still wouldn't have seen it since it's an ESPN nationally televised game, that article is a bit misleading.

Carts
03-15-2011, 07:35 PM
^ for those who subscribe, tonight's game is on GOL TV in Canada...

Dougrd
03-15-2011, 07:49 PM
You guys rock, thanks for the info.

(And sorry for the duplicate post..... rookie mistake.... FAIL)

Dougrd
03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
OK... So weirdest thing!

Minutes after posting this thread I have got an email from MLS (of which I have been bugging for quite some time.

And Voila... Match day now works.

The Email says the following:

Hello,

Try again we un-restricted the IP address again. You should be able to access the site now -- but first be sure to delete temporary internet files from your web browser and then close all browsers before logging in again. Let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,
MLS Support

***IS THIS THE POWER OF THE RED PATCH FORUM.... HMMMMMMMMM!****

Smokecell
03-16-2011, 01:19 PM
is it $40 a year again?

Suds
03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
You guys rock, thanks for the info.

(And sorry for the duplicate post..... rookie mistake.... FAIL)

No problem. Because Carts and I responded it means the rookie has to buy us a beer at the first TFC home game. ;)

zackdotcom
03-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Has anyone else tried to use MLS Match Day Live?

I have had an account for three years. But tonight as I tried to log on i got an error message:

You are accessing this page from a restricted territory.

MLS MatchDay Live is not available outside of the
United States.

I have tried to contact MLS to find out whats the deal.
But seems like its another MLS brain fart / ignorance when it comes to north of the border.

Anyone out there have any info or insight?

ATDHE.me will have most of the games...
if not i will post another link engine that will if i get leauges in ukraine this will have mls feeds for free... pm me the link is on my mainframe at home.

noochie
03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
it's live now for Canada

swan
03-19-2011, 03:08 PM
is it $40 a year again?

just until the 28th then it goes to 60 bucks

Yohan
03-19-2011, 03:20 PM
yay! my addiction of watching 3+ MLS games per week begins! :D

noochie
03-19-2011, 03:56 PM
yay! my addiction of watching 3+ MLS games per week begins! :D

you can watch 3 at one time... that should cover you in a shorter span... lol

Lizzy
03-19-2011, 05:25 PM
On Matchday Live is anyone else getting "Debug:Error Code 4004" when launching the player?

I bought it today but can't seem to launch the player. Is it because the evening matches haven't started yet?

kaos197O
03-19-2011, 05:27 PM
On Matchday Live is anyone else getting "Debug:Error Code 4004" when launching the player?

I bought it today but can't seem to launch the player. Is it because the evening matches haven't started yet?
I also purchased it today but mine seems to work. Just watched bits of the Seattle LA game.

grizzle
03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I just signed up and it is saying BLOCKED on the TFC game. Waiting for support now.

kaos197O
03-19-2011, 05:40 PM
I just signed up and it is saying BLOCKED on the TFC game. Waiting for support now.
That game is only being shown in the US. All the other games are good for later!

Rocco
03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
still can't watch it.... since i'm at work grrrrr

druid
03-19-2011, 07:12 PM

I got the blocked message, the other part of it said the game was on TSN and I could watch it there: http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/260735114.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1300581952&Signature=u5Buk9gLzOtnWQ7yFuYsrJx9nG0%3D

About all support will be able to do for you is offer you a refund.

swan
03-19-2011, 08:01 PM
don't worry people that had it blocked it was down for everyone mls screwed the pooch on this game no one got to watch it on mls live

pekduck
03-19-2011, 08:04 PM
they published the blackout list already.

if IP is in Canada, all TSN broadcasted games are blocked, the ones on Gol TV are not

pekduck
03-19-2011, 08:05 PM
all US games are working for me on it now.. i suspect TSN didn't bother provide interface to neulion format...

Alonso
03-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Most TFC games will be blacked out to Canadian IP address's. Matchday live is good for watching MLS games but not TFC games.

sulfur
03-20-2011, 07:38 AM
Pekduck: Someone in the US told me that they watched the TFC/Vancouver game on MatchDay Live last night.

Alonso: According to the MLS, the GolTV games will be aired on MatchDay Live and not blacked out, since it isn't considered a "national channel".

swan
03-20-2011, 07:42 AM
im in the u.s and i couldn't get the game to work.. so i don't think your friend got to watch it on mls live

pekduck
03-20-2011, 07:43 AM
^
MatchDay Live iPad apps worked last night, no one else using PC version had it working from California, to Kansas, to New York from the live chat and everyone was cursing MLS (that's nothing new, lol)

KRO
03-20-2011, 07:54 AM
im in the u.s and i couldn't get the game to work.. so i don't think your friend got to watch it on mls live
I'm in Vegas this weekend, signed up for Matchday live and it would not work. Every time I clicked on the game all I got was frozen picture about 2 minutes old. Yesterdays other games were fine.

sulfur
03-21-2011, 09:17 AM
^
MatchDay Live iPad apps worked last night, no one else using PC version had it working from California, to Kansas, to New York from the live chat and everyone was cursing MLS (that's nothing new, lol)
That may've been what he was referring to. Idaknow for sure. I'll try to find out.