PDA

View Full Version : Player intros?

MG42
07-02-2008, 05:12 AM
What was with the early player intros? I got in with 5 min left in the warm up, the players left the field, and then no intros...the guys behind me said that they did them already...boo.

NF-FC
07-02-2008, 05:53 AM
i noticed that too, there was hardly anyone in the stadium when they did it

London
07-02-2008, 06:05 AM
worst intros ever!!!!!

maninb
07-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Christ! you're moaning about THAT? The bloody team has a lot more issues to be concerned about than that!

rocker
07-02-2008, 07:15 AM
i did find it strange. I was eatin a sandwich down below at about 3:40pm and heard the guy doin the intros already. for a second I thought "wait a sec, are they starting the game now?"

colman1860
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
dont complain, at least there was no j-j-j-j-jimmy. however, if that announcer went through each fucking sponsor in his broken french one more time, i might have stormed the press box.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Part of my game day includes player intros not just the game itself. They screwed that up despite the true upset in the game itself.

MG42
07-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Christ! you're moaning about THAT? The bloody team has a lot more issues to be concerned about than that!

Oh sorry can you qoute the part where I said that was my #1 concern? thanks for coming out though :)

It's an awesome part of game day...do you not realize THAT?

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2008, 08:55 AM
I noticed that as well. It must've been a mees up because there was that loooooooooong pause before the FIFA banner came out that was usually reserved for the intros.

Pachuco
07-02-2008, 09:22 AM
definately noticed that, not only were the intros early, but they changed the format where the fans complete the last name. He was just storming through the names all by himself.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
I was outside the gates and hear the intros.

No stuttering. At least it points to management listening to us. Do you really care that much if they did it a little early? Remember that they pushed the game back...we don't know the scheduling issues that may arise, perhaps CBC wanted to squeeze the game in tight schedule? Whatever the reason...I am just glad the stuttering is gone. Let's just be thankful shall we?

mclaren
07-02-2008, 09:37 AM

No stuttering. At least it points to management listening to us. Do you really care that much if they did it a little early? Remember that they pushed the game back...we don't know the scheduling issues that may arise, perhaps CBC wanted to squeeze the game in tight schedule? Whatever the reason...I am just glad the stuttering is gone. Let's just be thankful shall we?

I think it was just a mistake, plain and simple. The countdown clock on the scoreboard ended and there was about five minutes extra until the game actually started - it just starts right on the dot.

MG42
07-02-2008, 09:46 AM

So you would rather have no stuttering and hardly any fans in the stands to scream the roll call? That's ridiculous...the roll call is awesome
:)

jimiv
07-02-2008, 10:09 AM
It's weird when they change anything that may influence the flow of the game, as a fan it throws you off, I can't imagine as a player it not being a bit wierd as well... If you have a winning game experience then don't fuck with it.

Red CB Toronto
07-02-2008, 10:14 AM
The entire presentation today just did not have its normal feel, there was no activity really outside and it just did not have the feel that a TFC game has on an everyday basis.