PDA

View Full Version : Red Bulls Away

TorontoGooner
03-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Evening all,

So, perfectly, it turns my gf and I's anniversary this year falls on the same(ish) date that we play the NYRB's away. She doesn't know this yet, but guess what? I'm whisking her off to NYC that week. It has nothing to do with the fact we are playing there that weekend ;) Honest. May as well go then, eh?!

Anyways, my point is this. Has anyone been to the Red Bull Arena before and can offer tips/advice? I know its in New Jersey but its on public transit, so I'm ok with that. I just wanted to know if others are going and if there's any way of getting tickets in a section with any other potential TFC fans/RPB's travelling down there.

Cheers
:flare:

T.O.Tricky
03-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Can't help you Chap, but how crap is our away schedule this year for arranging a "getting bladdered weekend". Every place within driving distance seems to be midweek or a Sunday.....until the end of the chuffin season.:drinking:

JonO
03-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Evening all,
It has nothing to do with the fact we are playing there that weekend ;) Honest. May as well go then, eh?!
Just to point out that TFC play in NY on a Wednesday... Hope you already knew that...

kaos197O
03-14-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm due for a visit to Manhattan myself, and will be making a stop in New Jersey, so I'm buying a couple of tickets. It's easy to get tickets in the away support sections virtually anywhere. Just contact their ticket agents and let them know that you're interested in sitting in the Away Supporters section and they'll instruct you on how to go about getting tickets. You will be with all Toronto supporters if you do so. New England made me set up an account. You may be required to do something similar.

As far as I know RPB's only sell tickets that they acquire for road trips to members. Correct me, anyone, if I am mistaken.

See you there!

FluSH
03-14-2011, 06:37 PM
More than likely there will be a good roup of us going to NYC. The travel info is posted only to members unfortunately, because of travel regulation rules by TICO.

Personally I am looking at Kansas City and Portland as away games.

TorontoGooner
03-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Just to point out that TFC play in NY on a Wednesday... Hope you already knew that...

Ah yes, just a mistake. Cheers though

TFC Cityboy
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Can't help you Chap, but how crap is our away schedule this year for arranging a "getting bladdered weekend". Every place within driving distance seems to be midweek or a Sunday.....until the end of the chuffin season.:drinking:

It's crazy...one the one hand MLS wants to grow the culture of rivalries and traveling fans, and on the other they schedule TFC at NY/Chicago/New England midweek or late on a sunday.

MLS couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Joe Kool
03-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Depending on cash flow and all that I may hit up the NY game and hang out in Manhattan for a few nights for a vacation but will have to see how it goes. I would have to bring the kids with me though and the supporter section at the last NY game I was at was not exactly a rated "E for everyone" experience once some fellow TFC supporters got some drinks in them so I may still pass. Will decide as it gets closer to that date.

Yeoman
03-15-2011, 11:22 AM
depends on cash flow and if the boss'll give me the time off
probably not get the time off, so bah. next time there's a weekend game, i'm there.
that stadium'll knock you on your ass like it did when we turned the corner and saw it.

RedRum
03-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Evening all,

So, perfectly, it turns my gf and I's anniversary this year falls on the same(ish) date that we play the NYRB's away. She doesn't know this yet, but guess what? I'm whisking her off to NYC that week. It has nothing to do with the fact we are playing there that weekend ;) Honest. May as well go then, eh?!

Anyways, my point is this. Has anyone been to the Red Bull Arena before and can offer tips/advice? I know its in New Jersey but its on public transit, so I'm ok with that. I just wanted to know if others are going and if there's any way of getting tickets in a section with any other potential TFC fans/RPB's travelling down there.

Cheers
:flare:

You'll be able to get tickets no problem in the TFC supporters section by calling the NY FO when they go on sale. Last year the stadium was only 2/3 full for Henry's first MLS game.

The stadium is beautiful. They put us on the second level right under the roof and during the game we had people coming over sitting at the far midfield seats telling us they could hear us over ESC at the other end. This was with about 35 guys at the most. I drool thinking of what 2 or 3 hundred of us would sound like :D

Security is retarded. They kick you out of the stadium within 5 minutes of the game ending, sending you into hordes of drunk asshole NY supporters, so you can imagine the potential outcome of that. The league seems so determined to discourage visiting supporters and so worried about "problems" yet they dont do the simplest of things that prevent that. Let's see: Columbus first 2 games quicky ushered us out of the stadium, problems. Columbus last game herded us inside and held us 25 minutes, no problems. Montreal: ushers you out immediately, problems. Boston, Chicago, DC, all hold you 20 minutes, no problems.

Anyone see a pattern here? MLS doesn't. Fucking retards.

TorontoGooner
03-15-2011, 11:44 AM
You'll be able to get tickets no problem in the TFC supporters section by calling the NY FO when they go on sale. Last year the stadium was only 2/3 full for Henry's first MLS game.

The stadium is beautiful. They put us on the second level right under the roof and during the game we had people coming over sitting at the far midfield seats telling us they could hear us over ESC at the other end. This was with about 35 guys at the most. I drool thinking of what 2 or 3 hundred of us would sound like :D

Security is retarded. They kick you out of the stadium within 5 minutes of the game ending, sending you into hordes of drunk asshole NY supporters, so you can imagine the potential outcome of that. The league seems so determined to discourage visiting supporters and so worried about "problems" yet they dont do the simplest of things that prevent that. Let's see: Columbus first 2 games quicky ushered us out of the stadium, problems. Columbus last game herded us inside and held us 25 minutes, no problems. Montreal: ushers you out immediately, problems. Boston, Chicago, DC, all hold you 20 minutes, no problems.

Anyone see a pattern here? MLS doesn't. Fucking retards.

Absolutely. Just holding you back for half an hour stops all the problems. Anyone wanted to kick off who's waiting outside gets bored and goes home.

Although I did once wait in the San Siro for four hours with travelling Arsenal fans because we beat Inter!

Yeoman
03-15-2011, 11:48 AM
heck they wanted us to go through the ECS gate while they were going through ffs

kaos197O
03-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Just purchased my tickets today. For those of you who will need tickets but are not going to buy from the RPB's away trip team you can call Rob Komorowski at 1-201-889-8420 or email him at rob.komorowski@newyorkredbulls.com. Let him know you want to sit in the away support section and he'll set you up. Printed ticket cost is $25 but they are only charging $20 for a ticket.

Also, at this point in time he mentioned that there has been no contact regarding tickets, other than myself, from the Toronto contingency.

Another thing to note. While there is a reserve game being played on that day, it has not been determined where the game will be played. My current understanding is that if the game is played at Red Bull Arena your ticket MAY get you into that match as well. If it is NOT played @ Red Bull Arena then your ticket will NOT give you access to that game. I will follow up with him later for details on that.

See you there!

TorCanSoc
03-24-2011, 08:24 PM
...not to jack this thread in a bad way. But how does one determine the specific anniversary date for girlfriendization ? First date? First kiss? First.....?

Red CB Toronto
03-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Just purchased my tickets today. For those of you who will need tickets but are not going to buy from the RPB's away trip team you can call Rob Komorowski at 1-201-889-8420 or email him at rob.komorowski@newyorkredbulls.com. Let him know you want to sit in the away support section and he'll set you up. Printed ticket cost is $25 but they are only charging $20 for a ticket.

Also, at this point in time he mentioned that there has been no contact regarding tickets, other than myself, from the Toronto contingency.

Another thing to note. While there is a reserve game being played on that day, it has not been determined where the game will be played. My current understanding is that if the game is played at Red Bull Arena your ticket MAY get you into that match as well. If it is NOT played @ Red Bull Arena then your ticket will NOT give you access to that game. I will follow up with him later for details on that.

See you there!

My understanding is that the Red Bulls play their reserve games at either Montclair State University or at Red Bulls Arena. If it is played at Montclair you would not need a ticket regardless as you can just walk up to the pitch on campus.

kaos197O
03-24-2011, 08:43 PM
My understanding is that the Red Bulls play their reserve games at either Montclair State University or at Red Bulls Arena. If it is played at Montclair you would not need a ticket regardless as you can just walk up to the pitch on campus.
Thanks for the info. Surprised that the ticket agent didn't know this but hey......I'll be catching 2 games for sure then!

Oblio2
03-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Just came back from 4 days in Manhattan. Rented a loft in Tribeca. Drove down.
It was fun times....got bladdered. My Brother-in-law lives there.....I recommened it. there were 8 of us in a Loft, it worked out to $300 per person for the 4 days for accomodation. parking (found online) was $192 for 4 days. 1 1/2 tanks of gas (x2) and food and booze. Go for it....I can give you the loft info if you want.

TorontoGooner
03-24-2011, 08:54 PM
...not to jack this thread in a bad way. But how does one determine the specific anniversary date for girlfriendization ? First date? First kiss? First.....?

First time I farted and didn't apologise..........

TorontoGooner
03-24-2011, 08:56 PM
This is all very good info. Oblio2, the info wouldn't hurt mate, so I won't object to you PM'ing me more info!!

Cheers lads