PDA

View Full Version : Winter Protects His Players

auncivilized
03-13-2011, 11:42 AM
It was nice to see Winter defending Cann from certain questions from the media, good to know we have a coach that doesnt throw his players under the bus. Things are starting to look a bit less mickey mouse these days.

TFCRegina
03-13-2011, 11:57 AM
It was nice to see Winter defending Cann from certain questions from the media, good to know we have a coach that doesnt throw his players under the bus. Things are starting to look a bit less mickey mouse these days.

Yep, Winter's public defense of a player that had been so defiant towards him and the club was actually quite an impressive thing to see. Good to see the players have someone who is willing to defend them publicly, despite any past misgivings.

Total class from Winter and I'm glad there seems to have been a major culture shift from Machiavelli Johnston.

sashavukelich
03-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Couldn't agree more with you fella's, i was glad to hear him very politely maintain the boundaries he set at the start.

Pachuco
03-13-2011, 01:35 PM
And this, was the biggest reason I thought Carver was a micky mouse coach. Winter can really teach Carver a lesson or two about protecting his players. Winter isn't even that experienced as a coach and probably hasn't had to deal with answering this many questions from the media in the past but he seems like a natural when it comes to that.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Prob from his experience as a player

phonzo
03-13-2011, 01:48 PM
actually even more impressive...making cann apologize for doing that to the club and to the fans.. that to me was :thumbsup:

Roogsy
03-13-2011, 01:49 PM
And this, was the biggest reason I thought Carver was a micky mouse coach. Winter can really teach Carver a lesson or two about protecting his players. Winter isn't even that experienced as a coach and probably hasn't had to deal with answering this many questions from the media in the past but he seems like a natural when it comes to that.

I loved Carver's passion but when he started throwing players under the bus I knew his time here was going to be short. That and letting MLS get to him.

Detroit_TFC
03-13-2011, 01:49 PM
We know that the product on the field will take some time but in so many smaller but important ways, we are much farther ahead of where we were at the end of last season.

Whoop
03-13-2011, 10:13 PM
^^

Agreed.

Cashcleaner
03-14-2011, 07:08 AM
This sounds to me more like a strictly pragmatic gesture than anything deeper. The team needs Cann and Winter sees his value - it's as simple as that. Don't get me wrong though, it IS a nice change of pace for this club, though.