PDA

View Full Version : Cunny

Footie-11
07-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Ok i know we've been giving him a hard time on the boards as of late (although deserved) however i have to give him credit for when he does play well and today i thought he played a great game and really tried out there...

Also celebrating with the fans was a nice little touch even if his goal was called back.

Thoughts?

nfitz
07-02-2008, 01:49 AM
We'd be better off with a striker who wasn't always off-side. And one intelligent enough to realise that this wasn't his 100th goal because it was a non-MLS game.

Inswingingwingman
07-02-2008, 05:00 AM
I sure thought that was on-side, but heck, I was only a linesman for 5 years, and that in the early 70's.

maninb
07-02-2008, 06:39 AM
I'm no big fan of Cunningham, but I was dead in line with him and he was clearly onside by at least 2 yards...the linesman was f*cking PATHETIC!

Canadian Blue
07-02-2008, 06:46 AM
I also thought he was onside......no matter though, we deserved to lose

zeelaw
07-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Seriously? He wanted to celebrate his self achievement of scoring 100 goals more then he wanted to get 3 points for TFC against a USL SIDE.

mclaren
07-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Ok i know we've been giving him a hard time on the boards as of late (although deserved) however i have to give him credit for when he does play well and today i thought he played a great game and really tried out there...

Also celebrating with the fans was a nice little touch even if his goal was called back.

Thoughts?

BREAKING NEWS: RPB MESSAGE FORUM IN CUNNINGHAM PRAISE SHOCK!

Oldtimer
07-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Putting in Cunningham was a good move IMO. He has the speed that can beat the 'caps defense, which DD doesn't. Carver should repeat for next game.

Hopefully by the time we play Montreal, we'll have our DP striker.

colman1860
07-02-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm no big fan of Cunningham, but I was dead in line with him and he was clearly onside by at least 2 yards...the linesman was f*cking PATHETIC!

lmao...look at the replay. ive got a freezeframe of it, and hes offside. not by much, but he's off. dont make shit up about clearly and 2 yards.

colman1860
07-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Seriously? He wanted to celebrate his self achievement of scoring 100 goals more then he wanted to get 3 points for TFC against a USL SIDE.

Agreed 100%. hes quoted in the globe and mail today about having practiced the celebration for weeks.

nfitz
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Agreed 100%. hes quoted in the globe and mail today about having practiced the celebration for weeks.How can he not understand this wasn't an MLS game and it couldn't have been his 100th goal?

I'm starting to wonder if Cunningham is really that dumb, or if the significance of the game hadn't been well explained to the players.

werewolf
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
wonder if he is going to do the same celebration when/if he gets his 100th league goal. The cat is out of the bag, so its might not be the same, though perhaps he should focus on actually scoring more then which celebration he is going to do.

TFC Tifoso
07-02-2008, 02:55 PM
How can he not understand this wasn't an MLS game and it couldn't have been his 100th goal?

I'm starting to wonder if Cunningham is really that dumb, or if the significance of the game hadn't been well explained to the players.

Yes...yes he is.

TicTacTabarnack
07-02-2008, 02:57 PM
We'd be better off with a striker who wasn't always off-side. And one intelligent enough to realise that this wasn't his 100th goal because it was a non-MLS game.

LMAO! It definitely would have been a sweet celebration. I'm wondering if Carver gave him heck for it. 100 laps around the field after the game?