PDA

View Full Version : Luke Wileman, Jason De Vos

TFCDP
03-12-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm sure most know but if there is anyone like me who didn't know... Luke Wileman is going to be calling the games for tsn along with Jason De Vos.. Always liked Luke and am happy to hear about this.

haha, i dumb... yesterdays news in another thread.

canadian_bhoy
03-12-2011, 07:17 AM
I prefer Nigel reed. Would have loved to see Vic router in there too. MAKE THE FINAL.

Devos I could do without. For some reason, in Canada the colour commentator is always more of a boring tactical windbag instead of an entertaining side kick to the play by play.
Listen to how entertaining Andy gray is, then listen to devos and forrest blabbering on about how players suck and how they remember when they played bla bla bla

MG42
03-12-2011, 07:31 AM
I prefer Nigel reed. Would have loved to see Vic router in there too. MAKE THE FINAL.

Devos I could do without. For some reason, in Canada the colour commentator is always more of a boring tactical windbag instead of an entertaining side kick to the play by play.
Listen to how entertaining Andy gray is, then listen to devos and forrest blabbering on about how players suck and how they remember when they played bla bla bla

I agree! Nigel and Vic would have been a great team!

Pachuco
03-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Agree with the sentiments. Luke is alright. Jason unfortunately sounds like he's dead doing colour commentary. He's fine analysing stuff in a studio, but I can't stand his colour commentary stuff.

TFCDP
03-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I would probably prefer Reed as well but am not disappointed with Wileman.. I was just scared they were going to get Dobson... Couldn't stand when he did games for sportsnet.

LittleOzzy
03-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm guessing Dobson will be doing Whitecaps games for Sportsnet.

Hopefully Reed will do the remaining TFC games whatever network they may end up on.

prizby
03-12-2011, 10:12 AM
nuts...was hoping for ray hudson

BayernTFC
03-12-2011, 12:33 PM
then listen to devos and forrest blabbering on about how players suck and how they remember when they played bla bla bla
This is why I cannot watch an American sports broadcast without muting the volume. There has got to be a better use for former NA athletes than back seat driving. DeVos is a complete hack. If only CBC's broadcast team had replays ready to expose DeVos' mistakes. He's a real company man. It shows a lack of confidence in the product when you can't rely on the game itself and the quality of the running commentary (play-by-play) to entertain. Save the analysis for pre-game, half-time or post match. Otherwise, why doesn't TSN just cut out the middleman and use Pierre McGuire for soccer broadcasts too? He adds about as much to a game as DeVos does.

Shakes McQueen
03-12-2011, 05:24 PM
nuts...was hoping for ray hudson

ME TOO!!!!!!!!

- Scott

nascarguy
03-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I like the fan better

rocker
03-12-2011, 08:07 PM
I like Wileman more than Reed. Reed's fine, but a little bit too lowkey. And Wileman is more accurate in identifying the actual players on the field ;)

Flipityflu
03-12-2011, 08:24 PM
so does CBC have any TFC games or is TSN the only network?

TFCDP
03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Also wondering about gol tv.... I need to know if i can cancel it or not.:D

TFCwestcan
03-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Also wondering about gol tv.... I need to know if i can cancel it or not.:D

Ditto!

Macksam
03-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Wileman is fine, but Bob Iarusci is the best of the bunch.

Roogsy
03-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I like Luke as a person...but he has all the personality of cardboard. Sorry but I get the feeling I will be quite bored with this tandem.

LittleOzzy
03-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Still no word on a TFC TV deal, truly pathetic.

levyashin
03-14-2011, 01:34 PM
all of the afore mentioned people suck big time.it is about time one of these stations got a real commentator.

TFC07
03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Still no word on a TFC TV deal, truly pathetic.

Agreed.

Too bad most of fanbase isn't making a fuss about this.

moralis
03-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm going to try to find out if TSN Radio 1050 will have a TFC daily show like Vancouver has with their Whitecaps daily. I understand why they need one because their football culture is not as great as ours. But, I think we should have one. I've also noticed that they have a lot more media attention for the start of their inaugural season then we have in our fifth season.

What are your thoughts on this?

greatwhitenorf
03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Vancouver is a great soccer town. Always has been. If they have a daily 'Caps show, it's because there's a demand for it and money to be made from it.

KezmanCCCC
03-18-2011, 12:11 AM
nigel is better than luke... i actually find luke annoying as fuck...

Inklink
03-18-2011, 12:57 AM
I like Wileman more than Reed. Reed's fine, but a little bit too lowkey. And Wileman is more accurate in identifying the actual players on the field ;)

What? You mean every Black player ISN'T Ricketts?

I think Nigel Reed is a bore. Sounds like he's doing commentary on a game of pool. Luke Wileman all the way.

Blowing Bubbles
03-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm going to try to find out if TSN Radio 1050 will have a TFC daily show like Vancouver has with their Whitecaps daily. I understand why they need one because their football culture is not as great as ours.

wait .... so you're saying they need a radio show because they have a smaller audience than us?

seems odd.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-25-2011, 02:30 PM
bring Back Nigel Reed ....please!

TFC USA
06-25-2011, 02:41 PM
I miss Nigel. :(

__wowza
06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/74288/usa-2-0-canada-goltv-provide-worst-commentary-ever-video.html

nothings worse than this.

Alonso
06-25-2011, 11:08 PM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/74288/usa-2-0-canada-goltv-provide-worst-commentary-ever-video.html

Haha! Thats the worst commentary that I've ever heard.

CSO_BBTB
06-26-2011, 02:03 AM
I miss Nigel. :(

I don't. Rugger and cricket type who cons people into thinking he is some sort of voice of authority based on having an English accent. Wileman at least comes across as someone who genuinely did follow the game religiously in a UK context but is very much second level as a broadcaster so emigration was the key to moving beyond local radio in Sheffield. Don't think there was a need to bring people in from outside's Canada's soccer community. Lots of people who grew up with the game in the GTA could do the job as competently as Wileman does. If somebody was going to brought in it should have been a genuinely first rate PbP announcer who is a lot closer to the Martin Tyler sort of level. Personally think it's time a new generation was introduced to Vic Rauter in a soccer PbP context. :)

DichioTFC
06-26-2011, 02:27 AM

You're kidding me - I thought this was a joke. Was this actually part of the GOL TV broadcast??

Alixir
06-26-2011, 08:56 AM
who was the weatherman that was calling the game last night?

__wowza
06-27-2011, 08:23 AM
You're kidding me - I thought this was a joke. Was this actually part of the GOL TV broadcast??

Haha! Thats the worst commentary that I've ever heard.

the description is hilarious..

GO CELEBRATE WIT YO PEOPLE!!
WAAH-WAAH WEEEEE WAAAAAAH!!