PDA

View Full Version : Reserving Judgment on TFC

bgnewf
03-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Reserving Judgment on TFC

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/03/reserving-judgement-on-tfc/

After 6 weeks of training camp TFC 2011 is very much still a mystery. Thoughts on why we need to reserve judgment on what the club is going to look like this year when we truly know so very little.

s2cazz
03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Reserving Judgment on TFC

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2011/03/reserving-judgement-on-tfc/

After 6 weeks of training camp TFC 2011 is very much still a mystery. Thoughts on why we need to reserve judgment on what the club is going to look like this year when we truly know so very little.

Not to be pessimistic or anything but it is such a cluster fuck its a safe bet to say this season will be no better than any others. It will take some time to rebuild. My only hope is the masses and MLSE don't turn on the new "regime" before they have a chance to show what they can do. To be fair to them they are going to need a while. But thats just my $0.02

Unfortunately it will take a while to reap the rewards of the seeds they are trying to sow. In the long term I do have high hopes.

Flipityflu
03-11-2011, 10:11 PM
i would hope that peoples expectations are low for at least half the season. i think its going to take awhile for this to get in gear. i also think people should not let the hatred for the previous regime cause a lack of patience.

by the way, whats our starting 11? :)

Redcoe15
03-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Not to be pessimistic or anything but it is such a cluster fuck its a safe bet to say this season will be no better than any others. It will take some time to rebuild. My only hope is the masses and MLSE don't turn on the new "regime" before they have a chance to show what they can do. To be fair to them they are going to need a while. But thats just my $0.02

Unfortunately it will take a while to reap the rewards of the seeds they are trying to sow. In the long term I do have high hopes.

i would hope that peoples expectations are low for at least half the season. i think its going to take awhile for this to get in gear. i also think people should not let the hatred for the previous regime cause a lack of patience.
:iagree:X2

Pigfynn
03-12-2011, 03:05 PM

by the way, whats our starting 11? :)

I agree, but it won't happen.

Could get ugly if they start badly.

TFCRegina
03-12-2011, 03:07 PM
I agree, but it won't happen.

Could get ugly if they start badly.

Yep, and then this club will really go down the shitter because MLSE will be retarded and force either jettisoning of players or management. Either way, it'll be a fucking disaster.

nascarguy
03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Yep, and then this club will really go down the shitter because MLSE will be retarded and force either jettisoning of players or management. Either way, it'll be a fucking disaster.
yep :iagree: the only thing MLSE has done good was realsports bar

Pookie
03-12-2011, 04:21 PM
The only thing I would say that "I am worried about" is the long term health of the team giving the price points for tickets.

Winning and losing will have fans jumping on and off the bandwagon. I mentioned in another thread that we've gone from euphoria at the news of the hiring to optimism in Turkey to near suicide over results in Florida and Carolina. The vast majority of fans are fickle. It's hard to debate otherwise.

If 3,000 tickets are available, I highly doubt this has much to do with pre-season results in the southern USA. I'll bet that the majority of fans don't even know they play today.

3,000 tickets are likely available because at one point, fans went to the game and came to the conclusion that hey, this is fun but overall not worth a +$250 day out (parking, beer, a pair of tickets).

That's the long term problem. Greed has killed a good thing.

Beach_Red
03-12-2011, 04:22 PM

There's really nothing in their history to suggest this - MLSE rarely fire managers at the beginning of contracts and Mariner and Winter have three year deals. They're still paying Mo's final year (how many years was Preki's contract, are they still paying him?) so there's no way they'll pay three managers.

No matter how the season starts, this is the managemet the team will have for at least two years and player moves will be up to Mariner and Winter. MLSE have made a lot of mistakes, but it would be very out of character for them to make changes so early in contracts.

Pigfynn
03-12-2011, 04:27 PM
If the north stand is empty for most games this year, do you think it will be enough for them to reconsider the pricing and revert back to something resembling year 1 prices?

I doubt it personally, as MLSE has shown a real inability to see reality in this area. Fact is exactly what Pookie just said, most people think it's a great day out, but not worth the kind of money MLSE are asking...this will just get worse unless TFC some how become a really good team and quickly.

Pookie
03-12-2011, 04:37 PM
^ I have doubts that even a "good team" will bring in the fans at the prices they are charging (North End is the most expensive in the league for that vantage point).

We had a good team mid-way through last year and North End tickets went unsold for MLS games. CCL had even more available.

Think about the seat patterns you see on TV for the games in which the ticket is almost completely a public sale (eg. CCL). The corners are full. The middle, supposedly the best vantage point in the house, is barren.

To me this speaks to both price and atmosphere. Not many people see any value in sitting there if given the choice.

The fans are speaking but I don't think anyone is listening.

Beach_Red
03-12-2011, 05:03 PM
^ How does it compare to the Raptors? How many tickets are they selling these days?

ensco
03-12-2011, 05:10 PM
^ How does it compare to the Raptors? How many tickets are they selling these days?

I'll bet you a pint Raptors season ticket revenues are down at least 20% year-over-year.

Auzzy
03-12-2011, 11:24 PM
The North End was relatively expensive to begin with. The North End price increase this season (compared with last) is TOTALLY nuts.