PDA

View Full Version : John Carver post game conference video

redrocket08
07-01-2008, 11:41 PM
http://websvr01.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

in the interviews section

ManUtd4ever
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
After the most disappointing loss of the season, I just gained more respect for Carver...

Blizzard
07-01-2008, 11:54 PM
After the most disappointing loss of the season, I just gained more respect for Carver...

Some will disagree with him but they should respect him as well.

"Nobody is safe" is one of his lines before talking about cancelling contracts if necessary.

Very strong and frank about the match!

Pachuco
07-01-2008, 11:56 PM

Agreed! If that doesn't inspire them to play better for their coach I don't know what will.

BC101
07-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Respect +10....

That wasn't worthy of a shirt to put on for Toronto today...

Thats a keeper...

dupont
07-02-2008, 12:12 AM
That was a nice talk from him. I really appreciate hearing him taking the loss seriously and rewarding the team where appropriate but also tearing them down when needed.

MG42
07-02-2008, 12:16 AM
everything you want a coach to say after a loss like that...props JC

NateDoGG
07-02-2008, 12:22 AM
what did he say at the end? "unless we have 1 or two additions"

does that mean hes talking about the two man city boys that were at the game with mo?

Captain Croatia
07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
what did he say at the end? "unless we have 1 or two additions"

does that mean hes talking about the two man city boys that were at the game with mo?

Just watched it, and it caught my attention. Hopefully we can sign a striker possible soon?:taz:

Kevvv
07-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Maybe JC's been bitching at Mo to get him a proper striker.

Also sounds like the starters for next game will look more like the team playing in the second half: Cunny & Smith, and sit who, Dichio and Robert? Ricketts and Robert?

Corpand
07-02-2008, 01:26 AM
I dunno, but a coach will say anything to keep his job. Still, honestly he does sound like the real deal.

ensco
07-02-2008, 06:42 AM
He was calling out Robert, Ricketts and Dichio pretty clearly there.

Can't ever recall Dichio getting that treatment before.

But Carver's giving Edu the kid glove treatment - no way he's not seeing what we're all seeing.

canadian_bhoy
07-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Anyone else in Buffer hell watching this new site? ....god, its driving me crazy.

Canadian Blue
07-02-2008, 06:57 AM
well he didn't see Edu last year so maybe is isn't aware of his decline

The Kingpin
07-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Anyone else in Buffer hell watching this new site? ....god, its driving me crazy.

It's typical marketing trash from TFC... They can't seem to get one thing right... More and More I've realised that RPB et al have been doing there marketing for them. Any time they try something on their own it's absolute garbage!!

canadian_bhoy
07-02-2008, 07:07 AM
It's typical marketing trash from TFC... They can't seem to get one thing right... More and More I've realised that RPB et al have been doing there marketing for them. Any time they try something on their own it's absolute garbage!!

I actually think the site is really good. I just hope that they find a way to get some fan content (videos, podcasts ;) etc.) in there.

I just hate buffering...my connection isn't slow...buffering makes even the best content, unwatchable.

cuecas_red
07-02-2008, 07:30 AM
I actually think the site is really good. I just hope that they find a way to get some fan content (videos, podcasts ;) etc.) in there.

I just hate buffering...my connection isn't slow...buffering makes even the best content, unwatchable.
could be a connection problem. At my hosue I had same problem, it would buffer every few seconds but at work I had no issues

Steve
07-02-2008, 07:36 AM
could be a connection problem. At my hosue I had same problem, it would buffer every few seconds but at work I had no issues

At work I had a ridiculous buffering problem (every few seconds) and my work has a pretty damned good internet connection (IBM). I actually had to wait while it played in the background, then when it was almost done, click back to the start. Something is wrong with the new system (never had any issues on the old stuff).

djking2
07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
hell it's working great for me

The Kingpin
07-02-2008, 07:41 AM

I'd have to stop listening... A) The site takes for ever!!! B) TFC TV is garbage... And it starts up immediately... I start to get that puke that gets to the top of my throat and then have to suppress it... Then that acid type smell and taste emerges... Eventually it leads to disruptive diarrhea and anal burn... But that may just be me...

koryo
07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
^^ It's just you. Perhaps you should get that looked at.

Bobo
07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
"They better keep out my way"

:lol:

Could have been perhaps slightly more courteous to the reporters though.

Kevvv
07-02-2008, 08:40 AM

I had the same issue; I clicked on Help and found this :

Why is my video not playing?

Make sure you have pressed the play button for your video and wait a minute or two. If you still cannot play the video then your issue may be due to the following:

Low Memory - if your computer has less then the minimum 256 MB of memory or you are running many applications at the same time, close other applications before playing a video.
Low Bandwidth - it is required that you have either a Cable or DSL modem providing at least 300 kbps download speed. Contact your internet provider if you suspect you are getting less then this speed.
UDP - Certain network situations may prevent proper UDP media streaming in Windows Media Player. In your Windows Media Player Options, go to the Network tab, try clearing the "UDP" checkbox. Please see this Microsoft Knowledge Base article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307650). *
Low Hard Drive Space - Windows Media Player temporarily stores videos on your hard drive for play back. Make sure you have at least 300 Megabytes of space free. *
I cleared the 'UDP' checkbox, exited out of Explorer, went back in, and it worked. Worth a try.

invictusTFC
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Carver sounded pretty passionate about loosing this game. He obviously knows how important it is to play in the Champions League. Unfortunately that passion didn't spill over to the players. It sounds like some players better watch their backs. With each and every passing game the need for a quality striker is becoming more and more evident. Cunny, Dichio and Smith just don't cut it. They're solid role players but just not first line strikers.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Maybe TFC could trade a couple of those hats on the table for a microphone for the media?

It's an interview…questions followed by answers…I hate when you can't hear the questions!

TicTacTabarnack
07-02-2008, 10:35 AM

The buffering is down right brutal on the new player. I thought it was bad on the wireless network at home at 100% connection ... It's barely any better on the super fast network at work.

Big Respect for JC after this presser though. The press need to step it up when it comes to asking the coach quality questions. He also put them in their place. "I'd like to see what you guys write tomorrow." They failed miserably.

jloome
07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I've got high-speed, 100 mbps with close to 10mbps actual, and can download major release games in minutes, not hours. And I still get choppy buffering here. I think it might be firewall related; if you're on an intranet at work that might not be as much of an issue.

One solution is to use the dreaded realplayer (which apparently doesn't stay resident anymore, at least on my version of XP) to download the video and play it. You still have to wait 10 minutes for the download, even with a good connection, but at least you can watch the thing smoothly.

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 11:08 AM
That's weird...I've never had a problem with the buffering, and I just have your basic home wireless.