PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC - You embarrassed us today

Jack
07-01-2008, 11:31 PM
There's no other way to say it.

Today was an embarrassment to the supporters. Your crowd brought their "A" game today and you pissed in our face.

You played like a team with no pride. You played like a team with no desire to win.

Yes, the referee was horrible. Yes, Vancouver played a solid game, but you were very disappointing. There are no excuses for what you did today.

I did my job. I sang and chanted and brought my emotion, my support and my passion for 90 minutes. You didn't.

I honestly felt like you didn't deserve the support you got today. We love you and will support our colours until the end, but today you were a joke. I feel betrayed and mocked by the display you put on today.

No passion, no pride, no heart.

You owe all of us.

noochie
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Jack, I just shed a tear. Completely agree.

ManUtd4ever
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Sad but true...

Marco2K
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I was F OOKIN pissed.

we played a good 15 mins today.
I still cant believe we lost.

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Couldnt have said it any better .

raj100
07-01-2008, 11:45 PM
are u serious? your embarrased in the club u supposedly support till death? you think that other great clubs havent lost in bigger conditions than this? man u lost to sum 2 division team this year THATS ALOT WORSE THAN THIS, man up our team lost... some of you guys are just loud partime ssupporters and comments like that prove it

Toronto_Bhoy
07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't get the opportunity to watch many games from the Bunker but was there today and as Jack said...we were immense this afternoon. The performance and effort was not returned.

John Carver spoke at the beginning of the year about complacency...and how it would not be tolerated during his tenure...today we witnessed a team going through the motions...

No fucking volleyball, beach trips or bowling this week John.

Roogsy
07-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Raj, We are just mad because this team should not have lost at home to Vancouver. I would put up the support of most of the people on this board against yours any day of the week.

I just hope we go to Swanguard stadium and absolutely kill the Whitecaps. I mean destroy. We need a 6-nil scoreline. We need to make them wish they never stepped into the ring.

noochie
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
are u serious? your embarrased in the club u supposedly support till death? you think that other great clubs havent lost in bigger conditions than this? man u lost to sum 2 division team this year THATS ALOT WORSE THAN THIS, man up our team lost... some of you guys are just loud partime ssupporters and comments like that prove it

Its not that they lost to a lower division team... its how they lost. No passion. Read the post again, they embarrassed themselves and all of us in the process.

As for your comment about part-time supporters... I don't equate how being passionate about a passion-less loss justifies your comment. Isn't it in fact, just the opposite?

BC101
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
mlsintoronto print jack's post hand it to John to read to the team... That is all.

BC101
07-01-2008, 11:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/JSAN/greenwithenvy.jpg
LOL @ this post...Okt here budd.. Enjoy 125 or 106 where ever you are...

heather
07-01-2008, 11:55 PM

Did you just call Jack, the president of the RPB, a parttime supporter? :eek:

You should re-read what Jack wrote and stop trying to stir shit up :D

heather
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM
mlsintoronto print jack's post hand it to John to read to the team... That is all.

Perfect! If only it could be an online petition and RPBs could sign it haha!

dupont
07-01-2008, 11:58 PM

You should probably shut the hell up.

I agree with him. We wanted the best from our team. This team is a team that we KNOW can play better than this. Playing as well as we know they can is never too much to ask.

MG42
07-02-2008, 12:03 AM
There's no other way to say it.

Today was an embarrassment to the supporters. Your crowd brought their "A" game today and you pissed in our face.

You played like a team with no pride. You played like a team with no desire to win.

Yes, the referee was horrible. Yes, Vancouver played a solid game, but you were very disappointing. There are no excuses for what you did today.

I did my job. I sang and chanted and brought my emotion, my support and my passion for 90 minutes. You didn't.

I honestly felt like you didn't deserve the support you got today. We love you and will support our colours until the end, but today you were a joke. I feel betrayed and mocked by the display you put on today.

No passion, no pride, no heart.

You owe all of us.

QFT

I said it before, most embarassing loss at home ever...the thought of Lenarduzzi's team beating us at home, on Canada Day, makes me sick...This Is Our House...no folks, it was Vancouvers House, and don't mistake it.

Pachuco
07-02-2008, 12:04 AM

Fine that you disagree with the post. But you are pretty dumb for calling the president of RPB a part time supporter. Let's see, how much time have you spent working for the benefit of the club or the supporter's groups with ZERO PROFIT?

yellowfellow
Raj, I bet when Man U lost to sum division 2 team, their fans was just as much mad. Maybe 10x, 100x more mad. We, as fans, have the rights to be mad and complain how our team didnt show up to play. That doesn't mean we will stop supporting them. We care about them, that's why we are mad.

On another note, cunny is an idiot for taking off his shirt regardless it's a goal or not. Does he care that these actions will cause a suspension?

Jack

Who are you?

I have every right to call my team out for a fucking heartless, gutless display. Today was not acceptable. I can handle losing. I can handle being beaten on any given day. But I can't handle a team that loses with no heart. I won't accept it. Just because other clubs have lost in other situations doesn't mean I have to roll over and take it. Get the fuck out of here if you accept a heartless loss like this. We don't need you.

BC101
QFT

I said it before, most embarassing loss at home ever...the thought of Lenarduzzi's team beating us at home, on Canada Day, makes me sick...This Is Our House...no folks, it was Vancouvers House, and don't mistake it.

Fucking word....

Toronto_Bhoy
07-02-2008, 12:05 AM

Raj...your post reads like that of most Leaf fans I know.

As a supporter of TFC I have a duty NOT to accept or tolerate today's effort. As stated above its not that we lost today...it's how we lost...huge difference.

Love of a club is unconditional...not players, coaches and ownership...they are accountable...that is for me, the fundamental difference between football supporters and most North American sports fans.

And after todays performance the Toronto Football Club deserve to be called out.

noochie
07-02-2008, 12:06 AM
thread = 5 stars

BC101
07-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Who are you?

I have every right to call my team out for a fucking heartless, gutless display. Today was not acceptable. I can handle losing. I can handle being beaten on any given day. But I can't handle a team that loses with no heart. I won't accept it. Just because other clubs have lost in other situations doesn't mean I have to roll over and take it. Get the fuck out of here if you accept a heartless loss like this. We don't need you.

Just quoting this incase RAJ missed it... I'll even bold and enlarge...

Read and understand tool....

Pachuco
07-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Raj is now at the ACC waiting for the Leafs season to start, I don't think he'll be posting anymore.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 12:16 AM
LOL @ this post...Okt here budd.. Enjoy 125 or 106 where ever you are...

HEY!

I have tickets in 125! LOL! Ass...

BC101
07-02-2008, 12:20 AM
HEY!

I have tickets in 125! LOL! Ass...

LOL well you know what i meant LOL... He is just some tool that probably doesn't stand anywhere NEAR us and sits there eating his sushi or W/E the fuck they serve on that side and yet dares come in here and judge Jack? hell no not on my watch LOL.

noochie
07-02-2008, 12:22 AM
hopefully he has already been banned for insolence.

BC101
07-02-2008, 12:23 AM
hopefully he has already been banned for insolence.

hope so... If the mods are afraid give me temp mod powers i'll ban him no trouble.

GaryJamboTFC
07-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Who are you?

QFT. Still angry after that performance today. Lazy, dishonest, disrespectful and just plain unprofessional.

The Kingpin
07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
What's with all the negativity around here...

I kid... I kid...

It was tough to watch this last night, I hope they can lift their heads come the next league game. I would avoid blaming this all on the officials, the first half was an extremely poor display. But you, the supporters, were spot on.... The best you have sounded all year by far...

greatwhitenorf
07-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Well said, Jack. I brought a first-timer to the game today. Proudly pointed out our starting lineup and said that we're seeing our best 11 out there today.

Half time and we go for beers and he's asking if this is how TFC play every game.

And this was against a tier 2 team!

Late flurry or not, bad reffing calls or otherwise, I was not proud of the performance today. And I'm not going to single out indivduals and cast blame about.

You win as a team, you lose as a team. On a day we should have come to the park to love everything about the game, we saw Vancouver outplay TFC from the get-go and I totally hated every minute of it. Goodbye country club.

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Amen Jack. I just hope that we rape Vancouver 8-0 and Montreal 16-0 - that's the only way I can see living this game down.

EDIT: And BritChat, I totally agree. Jack's post needs to be heard by each and every player on the field and on the bench today.

CoachGT
07-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Jack - very well said. I've stayed away from the board because of how I felt after this game. Refereeing aside, there was no heart. And in my section, a half filled prawnie crowd, there was singing. And chanting. More than I've heard with a full section.

The players performance was shameful at best.

justin
07-02-2008, 05:40 AM
couldn't agree more with this thread. we were loud and proud all game, and it completely fell on deaf ears. very very disappointing day yesterday

London
07-02-2008, 06:04 AM
the ONLY good thing about yesterdays game was i got paid to watch it!!!!

kinda makes up for the money shelled out to watch our team go through the motions!!

Steve-Tor
07-02-2008, 06:14 AM

Oh Dear:(

bdrs
07-02-2008, 06:23 AM
disgusting. First loss I was extremely pissed about. No excuse, just no solid effort. Looked like a USL academy team. Sang for the 90 tho, to support the club but not the monkeys wearing our jerseys yesterday. STEP UP BOYS!

CretanBull
07-02-2008, 06:29 AM
We were unbeaten at home until yesterday...who would have guessed that our first loss would have come from us beating ourselves?

ensco
07-02-2008, 06:29 AM
It wasn't just this game, Jack.

I said it in another thread....I think we've had problems for weeks. Starting with the second half collapse against at DC, which was 8 games ago, we've played five putrid games - at DC, at Houston, KC, at NE, Vancouver

Also, we were just as flat against the Impact and were extremely fortunate to be level at half time in that game. They had a sending off, we found a way, but it was hardly inspiring.

Hate to say it, but we rarely look like a good team anymore. And spare me the international callup crying, the two games of the last 8 that we did play well (LA and Colorado) are the two when we were hurt the worst by absences.

We're about to get knocked out of the Canada Cup, and fall out of the playoff hunt, if we don't start finding some answers. Fast.

maninb
07-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Not often you see Cunningham look better than Dichio...Dichio was ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC in the first half, no hustle, and deserved to be pulled at half! If this team doesn't get a A-One striker quickly they'll finish near the bottom of the table again.

jabbronies
07-02-2008, 06:49 AM
We played like we did last year...no ball control at all...they just fuckin bouced the ball around like a fuckin pinball machine. We just lost to a second division team with probably half our salary cap and that much world experience. We couldn't beat the last place K.C.

TFC, get your fucking at together!!!

canadian_bhoy
07-02-2008, 06:55 AM
I don't understand why, against a team with lesser skill, that they didn't play ball control, break them down and shoot the damn ball.
Long ball laziness was awful today.

"They thought they could just turn up, walk on the pitch, and get the result"
- John Carver

Also, I've never been so embarassed in my life when I heard racist chants coming from 112 in the second half. Smarten up you morons.

zeelaw
07-02-2008, 07:01 AM

wtf are you on about. No one gives a shit about Man U in this thread.

Man Up? I hope you never come back again.

Canadian Blue
07-02-2008, 07:05 AM
yea we lost and it sucks........but now we ahve too many games coming up in the near future. I hope we play a second rate team for both friendlies and maybe just slightly improved for the games against Montreal and Vancouver. To be honest I don't care if we lose all those games as long as we can get back on track in the league.

But to be fair, I agree wholeheartedly with Jack, losing without heart is a complete embarrassment and it is unfair to themselves, John Carver and the 20,000 fans

djking2
07-02-2008, 07:20 AM
yea we lost and it sucks........but now we ahve too many games coming up in the near future. I hope we play a second rate team for both friendlies and maybe just slightly improved for the games against Montreal and Vancouver. To be honest I don't care if we lose all those games as long as we can get back on track in the league.

But to be fair, I agree wholeheartedly with Jack, losing without heart is a complete embarrassment and it is unfair to themselves, John Carver and the 20,000 fans

Except a good showing in 4 Nutrilite games gets us 4 more home games this year. Good for fans but also good for the bottom line. Want a great DP play more games. We should definitely have our sites on the league play-offs but you shouldn't underestimate the importance of CCL games

redcard
07-02-2008, 07:20 AM
I taped the game and watched it again when I got home, apparently the refs were spoken to at the half by FIFA officials, and after the PK goal Nigel said this is the quietest BMO field has ever been, even he was shocked...I swear that was the dead silence after they scored...

I think everyone except for raj100 were disappointed with the effort.

rocker
07-02-2008, 07:22 AM
the thing is this game wasn't against DC, or New York, or whatever. I honestly felt very different about our opponent than any other MLS team. Playing a Canadian side just meant more to me.. to play like that against a Canadian team, and given the support, was pathetic. If they do the same against Montreal it'll be even worse, cuz I hate montreal more than any MLS city.
TO me the vibe of the crowd and the opposition was more important than any MLS team we've played.

koryo
07-02-2008, 07:22 AM
This team was an abject disgrace yesterday. I'm still fuming over it.

Losing I don't mind, that's a fact of footballing life. Losing the way they did is unforgivable.

As for playing a "lower league" team... on the day, the team that wants it more is the better side. What league you're in has nothing to do with it.

CretanBull
07-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Also, I've never been so embarassed in my life when I heard racist chants coming from 112 in the second half. Smarten up you morons.

I was in 112 and didn't hear anything...what was said? directed at who?

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 07:28 AM
It was a really tough one out there yesterday and I don't think I can say anything different about the game that hasn't already been said in this thread. I will say that from 114, you guys in 111, 112, and 113 sounded phenomenal!

Oh by the way...I don't think raj is coming back.

djking2
07-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I just saw Raj check in at GTAA :)

Oldtimer
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Well said Jack.

Steve
07-02-2008, 07:52 AM

I said it in another thread....I think we've had problems for weeks. Starting with the second half collapse against at DC, which was 8 games ago, we've played five putrid games - at DC, at Houston, KC, at NE, Vancouver

Also, we were just as flat against the Impact and were extremely fortunate to be level at half time in that game. They had a sending off, we found a way, but it was hardly inspiring.

Hate to say it, but we rarely look like a good team anymore. And spare me the international callup crying, the two games of the last 8 that we did play well (LA and Colorado) are the two when we were hurt the worst by absences.

We're about to get knocked out of the Canada Cup, and fall out of the playoff hunt, if we don't start finding some answers. Fast.

This scares the hell out of me. I remember last year around this time we were talking about the playoffs as well. Then we slumped, and went 800+ minutes without a goal.

Honestly, every week I read the power rankings I'm feeling more and more guilty. I mean, seriously, how are we still being ranked in the top 4? We lost to NE, couldn't score against the bottom of the east, lost to houston, and haven't looked like a terribly strong side. I don't know if our players are getting tired, complacent, or what, but we seem to be slipping back into our form from last year. Maybe our team just isn't that good, and the novelty of BMO is wearing off. I'm just scared of dropping back into the abyss. The next three games are very important to us. We need to win against Van, we need to get some kind of result against Chicago away (they're slumping, and if we can get some points there, we can stop our slide) and we need to DESTROY San Jose at home. If SJ is our first league loss at BMO, I will cry myself to sleep.

Fucking soccer, ruins perfectly good days.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-02-2008, 07:54 AM

WTF!

That is totally inexcusable!!! We need to look into that!!!

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I really pumped up this game for a newb I brought to the game yesterday. It was hard to sing in those final minutes with the low standard of play in a game I was looking forward to more than most. The lack of creativity and execution was draining. I need to see a new team show up for the away leg.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Will “we” be used when they do well and make us proud and “they/ you” when they disappoint? That’s weak. Be a TFC supporter not a Leafs wagon hopper. Otherwise we’re better off without you.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 08:00 AM
I really pumped up this game for a newb I brought to the game yesterday. It was hard to sing in those final minutes with the low standard of play in a game I was looking forward to more than most. The lack of creativity and execution was draining. I need to see a new team show up for the away leg.

I thought we had great creativity, hence our numerous chances. The execution on the other hand was indeed dismal.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 08:01 AM
WTF!

I heard the chant, I heard some people yell shit at them afterwords but I've never seen the culprits in 112 before.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 08:02 AM
I thought we had great creativity, hence our numerous chances. The execution on the other hand was indeed dismal.

Great creativity at times maybe, but why is everyone afraid to shoot? Multiple times players hit the 18 yard box and were more interested in finding an open pass then taking the fucking shot.

Blazer
WTF!

Wow! Thank God I (Sec. 111) didn’t hear that. Idiots!

Steve
Will “we” be used when they do well and make us proud and “they/ you” when they disappoint? That’s weak. Be a TFC supporter not a Leafs wagon hopper. Otherwise we’re better off without you.

I don't think that's fair. I mean, people call out the supporters for bad performances as well, people say "We sucked today" refering to our contribution, and our team. This time, the reason people are so much more dissapointed is the supporters brought it, the team didn't.

Steve
07-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Great creativity at times maybe, but why is everyone afraid to shoot? Multiple times players hit the 18 yard box and were more interested in finding an open pass then taking the fucking shot.

Well, we did have some good shots by Guevera and such, but our missing component was glaring today. We don't have a predatory striker. We don't have a player who is instinctively driven towards goal. We have some creative players (Robert, Ricketts, Guevera). We have a hard nosed target man (Dichio). We have a bundle of energy (Smith). We have a useless twat (ok, a speedy trap breaking striker) (Cunningham). We don't have a player who will create goals, or who will be in the right place at the right time to do just enough to see the net bulge. We don't have a player that can change a game, so we have been relying on our set pieces. It's time to get that player.

Wagner
07-02-2008, 08:07 AM
I heard the chant, I heard some people yell shit at them afterwords but I've never seen the culprits in 112 before.

A lot of new people in the south end with the way the tix were handled.

Shaughno
Well, we did have some good shots by Guevera and such, but our missing component was glaring today. We don't have a predatory striker. We don't have a player who is instinctively driven towards goal. We have some creative players (Robert, Ricketts, Guevera). We have a hard nosed target man (Dichio). We have a bundle of energy (Smith). We have a useless twat (ok, a speedy trap breaking striker) (Cunningham). We don't have a player who will create goals, or who will be in the right place at the right time to do just enough to see the net bulge. We don't have a player that can change a game, so we have been relying on our set pieces. It's time to get that player.

^^ Totally agree and have been saying it since this time last year. ;)

Billy the kid
This is annoying, but we knew it was possible. The Whitecaps are among the best in their league.

The Red Bulls just got beat in the U.S. Open by a USL-2 team (Crystal Palace-USA). They were missing players, but that is still pretty bad.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 08:08 AM
The people who call out the supporters are the supporters Steve?! Your argument holds no water whatsoever. Despite what you believe, if the players don’t want to play (and play well) it happens long before we enter the stadium with our rockus attitudes to get them further pumped. You disappointment should span well beyond the fact that “we were there but the players weren’t.” TFC is “us” win or lose and that passion shouldn’t be lost.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 08:11 AM
The people who call out the supporters are the supporters Steve?! Your argument holds no water whatsoever. Despite what you believe, if the players don’t want to play (and play well) it happens long before we enter the stadium with our rockus attitudes to get them further pumped. You disappointment should span well beyond the fact that “we were there but the players weren’t.” TFC is “us” win or lose and that passion shouldn’t be lost.

Of course the passion shouldn't be lost, but that doesn't mean we can't show our disapproval of a TOTAL LACK OF PASSION from the players, in IMO the most important game we played this year. That game could have and should have, put us up top of the standings in the CCup.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 08:11 AM

Perhaps it's because they don't trust in their ability?! Which only begs the question, when is our finisher arriving?

Steve
07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
TFC is “us” win or lose and that passion shouldn’t be lost.

I do not think that means what you think it means.

Passion: "any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate."

Nothing in this post can be taken as lack of passion. Lack of passion would be apathy. If the post had been "you know what guys, I don't really care about TFC anymore. Win or lose, it doesn't really matter to me. In fact, anyone want my tickets?" that would have been grounds for a passion speech. As it is, supporters are going to feel dissapointed in their club. It happens. It doesn't mean they lack passion, it means they are so wrapped up in their club it hurts to lose. It hurts to see that from them.

Didn't your parents ever express dissapointment in you? Did that somehow mean they didn't give a shit about you anymore? No, it means they want the best for you and KNOW you're capable of more.

Parkdale
07-02-2008, 08:18 AM
here's one thing to consider: The Whitecaps are currently ranked 2nd in the USL's First Division. They are NOT a push-over team. Having said that, we still should beat them, but I wouldn't say that it would be an easy contest. The top of the '2nd division' (USL) seems to be about par with the bottom of the '1st division' (MLS). Now what the TFC needs to ask themselves, is ARE YOU GOING TO BE SATISFIED WITH BEING AT THE BOTTOM AGAIN?

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 08:20 AM
The first half was a fucking joke. There isnt anything else that can be said. They deserved to lose 100%. I thought it was last July out there the way they were just hitting and hoping. It was embarrassing.

I still have faith they can win this tournament, but I will be fucking livid if we dont see Champions League.

Barbarez
07-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Our players deserved to get booed yesterday. Pathetic performance, no hussle, no determination, no balls, a fucking disgraceful match.

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Our players deserved to get booed yesterday. Pathetic performance, no hussle, no determination, no balls, a fucking disgraceful match.

Agreed. Not trying to change the topic but this is one thing that bothers me about 'supporters'.

Our boys played like dogshit and deserved to be booed off the pitch. Singing '1-0 to the referee' after the game only lets our team off the hook. I wasnt about to sing for that crap, it isnt deserving. This 'we sing no matter what' attitude doesn't fly with me. You play like shit and im booing you. Call me a part time supporter all you want im hanging on every touch they make and when im given that kind of display of football im fucking pissed off.

tfc88
07-02-2008, 08:31 AM

the answer is... a striker who can score some freakin goals

tfc88
07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
well said jack.. i feel completely rancid, and if it weren't for the crazy after party i went to my whole day would have been ruined..

Lenny Dikestra
07-02-2008, 08:45 AM
I dont feel that this is something the president should be saying..
I was shocked when I read it..

Just my thoughts

Northern Soul
07-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Embarassing. On TV, they showed Mo sitting with Huckerby and Dickov. Not sure that they'll want to play for us after that display.

Fort York Redcoat
07-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Agreed. Not trying to change the topic but this is one thing that bothers me about 'supporters'.

Our boys played like dogshit and deserved to be booed off the pitch. Singing '1-0 to the referee' after the game only lets our team off the hook. I wasnt about to sing for that crap, it isnt deserving. This 'we sing no matter what' attitude doesn't fly with me. You play like shit and im booing you. Call me a part time supporter all you want im hanging on every touch they make and when im given that kind of display of football im fucking pissed off.

You want to boo, that's fair. I reserve booing for the less interesting sports I watch. But I don't think that makes you a part timer..

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 08:50 AM

Just my thoughts

Really? Maybe you should just leave then. I thought it was quite appropriate considering the abismal performance from 'our' team. They had no passion, no fire, no cares in the world. That was not 'my' TFC, that was an absolute disgrace.

Cuchulain
07-02-2008, 09:01 AM
I was only able to watch the second half (on TV). Good thing by the sounds of it!

Pigfynn
07-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I simply could not agree with Jack anymore than I do. I would love to have the opportunity to share my feelings with the team...love it! Pride was at stake yesterday and pride was lost. Garbage display.

Mikey
07-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I think I might have pulled a muscle in my neck from Cringing so hard during the game..... I may sue.

Damien
07-02-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm ready to admit that USL1 soccer is pretty decent compared to MLS.

Jack
07-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I'll answer a couple of points here:

Blazer, this has nothing to do with separating "us" from "them". We're all in this together and yesterday the guys on the field let us down. I am disappointed by that, as I should be. I take it personally. I pour myself heart and soul into supporting this team and give a lot of myself to do so. Some might think that's sad, but it is a mark of pride for me. We are all a part of this thing called TFC. Supporters, management, players, all of us. We are a team, in a certain sense, and when one of your teammates lets you down, you let them know.

Just my thoughts
Why should the president not say this? I always wear my heart on my sleeve and I am very passionate about TFC. When they put in the effort, I applaud them, win or lose. When they mail it in, I call them on it. They should be accountable to the supporters, because without us (and I don't mean just RPB, I mean all supporters) they are nothing. Just a bunch of guys chasing a ball around a pitch. As to the fact that I am president, I am a supporter first. A TFC supporter. Then I am a Red Patch Boy. Then I am president. In that order.

Why can't the president of the group, whose job is to represent the interests of the group but also lead the charge when necessary, call out the team for a poor performance?

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Well said... again Jack.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:36 AM

I was shocked to hear them.

Apparently we have some morons in our midst.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Roogs, I doubt it. I had never seen them in 112 before and probably never will again.

Pachuco
07-02-2008, 09:39 AM

Hmm..I was in 112, Row 18, didn't hear any racist chants. Where were you sitting? or standing I should say ;)

dannyd
07-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm ready to admit that USL1 soccer is pretty decent compared to MLS.

I disagree, and I'm worried more people will share this opinion. Look at Barnsley knocking Chelsky out of the FA cup. Would anyone say Barnsley is on par with Chelsea?! doubt it...

If Vancouver played a whole season against MLS teams they would finish bottom guaranteed. A whole season is much different from one game.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Roogs, I doubt it. I had never seen them in 112 before and probably never will again.

I know one of them is a regular on this board. That is all I will say. I hope he is reading this and realizing him and his buddies were acting like idiots.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
I know one of them is a regular on this board. That is all I will say. I hope he is reading this and realizing him and his buddies were acting like idiots.

Maybe I was looking at the wrongs ones then, I'm not sure.

jm5k
07-02-2008, 09:45 AM
If only we had a competant striker, we would be a phenominal team. Now, we have capable goal scorers, but we need someone like a Torres, or Van Nistelrooy during his Man U years. Someone who you could feed the ball to, and they will put it into the net no matter what. Someone that needed two people on them at all times because their only hunger was the back of the net.

Sadly I think our salary cap prevents us from getting someone of that mentality (or they are too young yet to be fully developed or too old to be as valuable as they once were), but if we somehow found someone to fit that bill, we'd be unstoppable.

Yesterday's game proved my initial thoughts about Vancouver and unfortunately reinforced my concerns with Toronto's consistancy.

It was incredibly frustrating.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:46 AM
A finisher for sure. We need one and we need him now.

I wasn't so thrilled about the Huckerby rumours when they first began...but now? If this guy can score...sign him and sign him fast.

Pigfynn
07-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Other people had access to those seats yesterday though. I'm not saying it's not disgusting but at least it's temporary. The four seats beside me in 114 had four different guys in them...well for about 3 minutes until they were kicked out for under aged drinking. It was bizarro BMO yesterday.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 09:48 AM
A finisher for sure. We need one and we need him now.

I wasn't so thrilled about the Huckerby rumours when they first began...but now? If this guy can score...sign him and sign him fast.

Yeah, especially when you see his performances from this past year with Norwich.

nobodybeatsthewiz
07-02-2008, 09:50 AM
just pathetic....how the fakk did that happen?!

they just seemed so sub-par, so beneath us....i mean, something that's getting to me is even nash's bloody PK. i thought the quality of it was relative crap - it fukking BOUNCED before hitting the back of the net....that in itself sums up what we were playing against, and LOST to.....argh!!!!

Pachuco
07-02-2008, 09:50 AM

Wow that's terrible. I was there with my nefew, 9 years old. I warned him he'd hear swearing and that was fine. But racist chants? man I'm glad he didn't hear those.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Other people had access to those seats yesterday though. I'm not saying it's not disgusting but at least it's temporary. The four seats beside me in 114 had four different guys in them...well for about 3 minutes until they were kicked out for under aged drinking. It was bizarro BMO yesterday.

LMAO!

I snuck into 112 as the drummer. Loved it. But I felt bad that I was adding to the crowding. I hope people didn't mind.

RedRum
07-02-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree with Jack's post 110%

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 09:55 AM
On a more positive note...did anyone else notice that almost the WHOLE stadium was standing during the last 15 minutes encouraging the team on?

I was so happy when I saw that. I was really hoping it would move them to score the tying goal. Which they didn't.

But as fans and supporters...as Jack said...the fans and supporters did their jobs, even in the sun and heat!

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 09:56 AM

Couldn't agree more...I am in 114 as well and I didn't recognize a whole lot of faces as well.

dupont
07-02-2008, 09:57 AM

Speaking of this.. I was in section 115 for this game and 2 guys in the section were getting mad at each other and the one guy yelled "you fucking muslim" to the other guy.. after which he quickly exited the stadium. Needless to say the whole section wanted to kill that guy so it was very lucky that he left.

Toronto_Bhoy
07-02-2008, 10:00 AM

I hope he's NOT reading this…I am totally disgusted to think we have people like this on the board…we can't control what people think but we can control what they say.

Racist behaviour is unconditionally unacceptable.

If someone knows who this prick is and he's registered with this group and/or board…it needs to be addressed…pronto!

jm5k
07-02-2008, 10:00 AM

Were you in Row 19? I was in 114 - 18 - 27/28 with my gf and the guy behind me lost literally half his beer on my head during the not-so-goal. Luckily I was fairly intoxicated at that point and so happy for a goal (that didn't count) that I couldn't have cared less. I ask because a kid 2 rows back got busted at the very start of the game for drinking there.

Pyeddo
07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Where are we, fucking Columbus? Retarded. If you see someone acting racist, give them a beer shower and a foot in the eye socket.

Then, hand them over to security.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Were you in Row 19? I was in 114 - 18 - 27/28 with my gf and the guy behind me lost literally half his beer on my head during the not-so-goal. Luckily I was fairly intoxicated at that point and so happy for a goal (that didn't count) that I couldn't have cared less. I ask because a kid 2 rows back got busted at the very start of the game for drinking there.

I was right in front of you yesterday....thanks for the extra streamer :)

jimiv
07-02-2008, 10:02 AM
...I've never been so embarassed in my life when I heard racist chants coming from 112 in the second half. Smarten up you morons.

What’s with the racism, there was another asshole in section 115, row 14, seat 6 or 7 [fat guy who was smoking all game long] screaming racist shit at another fan at the end of the game, did we somehow morph into Columbus all of a sudden?

(However; it was nice to see that the rest of the section started booing this idiot immediately.)

Hopefully he will not return.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I hope he's NOT reading this…I am totally disgusted to think we have people like this on the board…we can't control what people think but we can control what they say.

Racist behaviour is unconditionally unacceptable.

If someone knows who this prick is and he's registered with this group and/or board…it needs to be addressed…pronto!

Easy there cowboy.

Rest assured it's being looked at.

Jay P
had a lot of new faces in and around 113 :(

some girls came behind us near the end of the game and one had said "i hope i don't get beer spilt on me.. tee hee" and after cunny's "goal" man she got drenched haha.

anyways yeah... everything that needs to be said has... and yup, this was an important game and the boys on the field didn't do their part.

dupont
What’s with the racism, there was another asshole in section 115, row 14, seat 6 or 7 [fat guy who was smoking all game long] screaming racist shit at another fan at the end of the game, did we somehow morph into Columbus all of a sudden?

(However; it was nice to see that the rest of the section started booing this idiot immediately.)

Hopefully he will not return.

That must have been the same guy I saw. The whole section was really pissed at that guy. I'm glad everyone booed him so loudly on his way out.

NateDoGG
all i can say is.......... "it happens sometimes"

Toronto_Bhoy
07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Easy there cowboy.

Rest assured it's being looked at.

Thanks…

Lenny Dikestra
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I'll answer a couple of points here:

Blazer, this has nothing to do with separating "us" from "them". We're all in this together and yesterday the guys on the field let us down. I am disappointed by that, as I should be. I take it personally. I pour myself heart and soul into supporting this team and give a lot of myself to do so. Some might think that's sad, but it is a mark of pride for me. We are all a part of this thing called TFC. Supporters, management, players, all of us. We are a team, in a certain sense, and when one of your teammates lets you down, you let them know.

Why should the president not say this? I always wear my heart on my sleeve and I am very passionate about TFC. When they put in the effort, I applaud them, win or lose. When they mail it in, I call them on it. They should be accountable to the supporters, because without us (and I don't mean just RPB, I mean all supporters) they are nothing. Just a bunch of guys chasing a ball around a pitch. As to the fact that I am president, I am a supporter first. A TFC supporter. Then I am a Red Patch Boy. Then I am president. In that order.

Why can't the president of the group, whose job is to represent the interests of the group but also lead the charge when necessary, call out the team for a poor performance?

I also wear my heart on my sleeve but regularly get grilled on here..
I just think that it was not a positive thing to do .. For one the team or the players will not pay much attention to it .. And if they see it they will most likely take it in the wrong context (human nature)

raj100
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
u guys are not understanding the logic of my post! i could care less if he was the president, and for those questiong whether im a fan or not sadly i dont have season tickets, and because of that i do watever is needed to see the club play, i pay whatever is needed, and it doesnt matter which section im in i lose my voice to support my club, even when they were in the goalscoring drought, EVEN during that time i wudnt go and say the team played with no heart and im embarrased in them, you support a club and your embarrased in them? thats pathetic the team lost cause they didnt capitilize dont take the easy route and blame it on fuckin heart were u in the players minds? did you know whether they play with heart? and on top of that the team played well considering horrible officiating, hit the post from a yard out which is not based on poor skilll but complete unlluckyness...buh u guys are acting like partime supporters bitching cause they lost, take it in and look ahead to the next game stop crying about this one

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Well, Raj, we all watched the game, whether we were there or watching on TV. We watched them fumbling around on the field, jogging to loose balls, playing weakly. I would say that's no heart.

And it seems to ME, that YOU have missed the point of this post. It's not that we're so "embarrassed" by the team that we're giving up on them - quite the contrary, we're calling them out on a piss poor performance so to make sure that it doesn't happen again. I'm embarrassed by the way they played yesterday, and if you were honest with yourself, you would be too.

jm5k
07-02-2008, 10:22 AM
I was right in front of you yesterday....thanks for the extra streamer :)

hah np man. My GF and I have been waiting 2 years to get season tickets so we end up all over the stadium. We have 2 more games in those seats (Montreal and I believe the Pachuca game) and then we're I think in 127.

We've only missed one game this season, but if anyone is curious what other parts of the stands look like, ask me. I've been in 104, 105, 109, 114, 115, 119, 121, 126, 127, 221, 226, 227.

Haha it looks bad/hilarious when you write it out like that, but it's the life of a daily ticket purchaser.

Roogsy
Apparently Raj your comprehension skills are a little lax. People aren't mad because they lost. If you can't understand that even though it's been said 20x over...then perhaps reading this board is not for you.

Oldtimer
u guys are not understanding the logic of my post! i could care less if he was the president, and for those questiong whether im a fan or not sadly i dont have season tickets, and because of that i do watever is needed to see the club play, i pay whatever is needed, and it doesnt matter which section im in i lose my voice to support my club, even when they were in the goalscoring drought, EVEN during that time i wudnt go and say the team played with no heart and im embarrased in them, you support a club and your embarrased in them? thats pathetic the team lost cause they didnt capitilize dont take the easy route and blame it on fuckin heart were u in the players minds? did you know whether they play with heart? and on top of that the team played well considering horrible officiating, hit the post from a yard out which is not based on poor skilll but complete unlluckyness...buh u guys are acting like partime supporters bitching cause they lost, take it in and look ahead to the next game stop crying about this one

You sound more like a Leafs fan than a real supporter yourself.

raj100
07-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I think everyone except for raj100 were disappointed with the effort.

shut the fuck up...i was more dissapointed than anything buh bitching about no passion and shit DOES NOT change the fact that we lost, take it in and look ahead to the next game...

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 10:28 AM
No, you're right it doesn't change the fact we lost. Why let the accountable off the hook? They may play for TFC, but players come and go, the colours are here forever. If they don't play with all their heart in a game that can be considered one of, if not THE MOST important game we've played yet, then they can get the fuck off the field and let someone who WILL play with all their heart.

The effort from the lads on the pitch was disgusting aside from 15 mins of almost what would be considered 'passable' football in the MLS.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Of course the passion shouldn't be lost, but that doesn't mean we can't show our disapproval of a TOTAL LACK OF PASSION from the players, in IMO the most important game we played this year. That game could have and should have, put us up top of the standings in the CCup.

I never said fans couldn’t show disapproval. What I did say was to tread carefully when referring to TFC as “They” when they lose or play bad and “We” when they are great. Not you, but the thread creator.

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Actually, I haven't noticed anybody bring up the point that this is our first loss in BMO this season, and it came at the hands of a USL team. That is what I'm most embarrassed about. Our Fortress was brought down by Vancouver.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM
No, you're right it doesn't change the fact we lost. Why let the accountable off the hook? They may play for TFC, but players come and go, the colours are here forever. If they don't play with all their heart in a game that can be considered one of, if not THE MOST important game we've played yet, then they can get the fuck off the field and let someone who WILL play with all their heart.

The effort from the lads on the pitch was disgusting aside from 15 mins of almost what would be considered 'passable' football in the MLS.

By the way Shaughno, it looks like your rallying cry for Forza T.O. was a complete success! Looked awesome!

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Well to be fair, 'They' didn't do their job on the pitch. 'We' did our job (for the first time in a while) and when we haven't, we've held ourselves accountable for it. Time for them to own up to it as well.

tfc_4_ever
07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Raj, We are just mad because this team should not have lost at home to Vancouver. I would put up the support of most of the people on this board against yours any day of the week.

I just hope we go to Swanguard stadium and absolutely kill the Whitecaps. I mean destroy. We need a 6-nil scoreline. We need to make them wish they never stepped into the ring.

It will be Like Liverpool vs Beskitas all over again

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
By the way Shaughno, it looks like your rallying cry for Forza T.O. was a complete success! Looked awesome!

It was better... but far from what I wanted. ;)

I couldn't get my row jumping because the drum was there.. but it was a step in the right direction anyway.

Jack
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM

I don't think you get it. When I say "embarrassed us" I mean all of us. Supporters, team and city. Anyway, I'm not bitching because they lost, that's a part of life, I'm upset that they did not put in the effort and if you think they did, you were watching a different game than me.

I also wear my heart on my sleeve but regularly get grilled on here..
I just think that it was not a positive thing to do .. For one the team or the players will not pay much attention to it .. And if they see it they will most likely take it in the wrong context (human nature)

Well, I expressed what it seems like a lot of people are feeling. If the players see it, they can interpret it however they like, but for me, I feel they embarrassed us as a collective - team, support and city.

I never said fans couldn’t show disapproval. What I did say was to tread carefully when referring to TFC as “They” when they lose or play bad and “We” when they are great. Not you, but the thread creator.

I never referred to the team as "they". I said they embarrassed "us" as a whole by not doing their part and that includes the players.

Heathen
07-02-2008, 10:41 AM
It will be Like Liverpool vs Beskitas all over again

what? the Whitecaps are going to be bribed to lose big by a Hong Kong betting syndicate :D

Northern Soul
07-02-2008, 10:50 AM
shut the fuck up...i was more dissapointed than anything buh bitching about no passion and shit DOES NOT change the fact that we lost, take it in and look ahead to the next game...

Not sure if you know this, but this is a message board. Don't call someone out because they posted what they felt. He didn't go over the top, calling to fire Carver, get rid of all of the players, like you see so often. He expressed that he felt they weren't giving their all. This is an opinion that a lot of us share about this match.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 10:56 AM
It was better... but far from what I wanted. ;)

I couldn't get my row jumping because the drum was there.. but it was a step in the right direction anyway.

Exactly...baby steps :)

I was trying it in my section but no one seemed overly interested...

Rossiroo
07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Not only did they not show up and embarrass the organization/fans, I think it also emphasized how much we need a REAL striker!

Keystone FC
07-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Not sure if you know this, but this is a message board. Don't call someone out because they posted what they felt. He didn't go over the top, calling to fire Carver, get rid of all of the players, like you see so often. He expressed that he felt they weren't giving their all. This is an opinion that a lot of us share about this match.

Very true about Carver there Northern Soul. In fact he took full credit for the game and how it was played. He said he picked the team to play the 1st half and was sorry about it. Thats why he made changes at halftime.
I was sorely pissed watching it on CBC.ca. Our guys in the 1st half were just like Carver said, 'Lifeless, no communication, pathetic.'
I do think they thought they could come in a waltz all over the Caps like the Impact did since we beat the Impact. I think that's why things got chippy when the Caps wouldn't fold over and play dead.
If we would have had the 2nd half players and formation play in the 1st there is no doubt that we would have won the game. WE didn't and know face the daunting task of going to Vancouver were we NEED to win and then face the Impact at homw were we NEED to win just to get a chance to play the Nicaraguans champ for a home and away in game.
We need to learn from this and just move on.

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Exactly...baby steps :)

I was trying it in my section but no one seemed overly interested...

baby steps?? this is what you get with baby steps.. you guys still make this seem such a big deal...it's very simple.. it's about jumping and clapping. Some people do that few times a day without really thinking about it!!! We are not trying to send a man to moon!!

fuck the tourists and casual fans... enjoy your beer!

noochie
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM

I still don't understand how you are justifying being disappointed with a loss leads to be being a part-time supporter. You have it backwards... part-time supporters wouldn't care. Full-time ones do.

Only a part-time supporter would be insecure enough to come on this board and tell those who spend so much time on this team that they are part-time supporters.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 11:08 AM
baby steps?? this is what you get with baby steps.. you guys still make this seem such a big deal...it's very simple.. it's about jumping and clapping. Some people do that few times a day without really thinking about it!!! We are not trying to send a man to moon!!

Hey I am on your side which is why I really don't get why it doesn't catch on much quicker...apart from the casual fan aspect.

Jack
07-02-2008, 11:09 AM

Can I do both?:p

Jump, drum AND enjoy my beer?

kelzag
Well I'm a little late to the dance here, but want to thank Jack for expressing how I was/ am feeling after that display yesterday.

Aside from that, it was a privilege to stand/ jump/ sing in 112 and I take full credit for the improved result there! ;)

Shaughno

Both? Doesn't both imply two things? Jump (1) Drum (2) enjoy beer (3).... ;)

blackandwhite
07-02-2008, 11:11 AM

If you wanna enjoy beer go to a pub not to a soccer game! You are in the fucking supporters section of BMO field not at your local pub!!

Fuck you Jack! :)

Blazer
07-02-2008, 11:13 AM
“President of RPB”, now there’s a lifelong accomplishment huh bro?! C’mon, you’re being silly. These players play the game to be champions first. Then they play because someone offers them enough money to make a living out of it. Well down the line of reasons to play is 20,000 supporters going bonkers. As tough as it may seem for you to accept, they don’t consider you to be their friend nevermind their teammate. Your choice to voice is fine because you are a fan and that’s what fans do. Don’t voice on my behalf though or even feel it is your duty because you have a hard-on for the “Presidency” and feel it’s your duty to represent the interest of the people.

Listen, I don’t know you and have no reason to discount your leadership if you will. If you say “they” when referring to TFC always then fine. But don’t use “we” when they win and “they” when they lose. It’s cowardly.

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I never referred to the team as "they". I said they embarrassed "us" as a whole by not doing their part and that includes the players.

Blazer, did you miss this? You're still on about the "they" thing.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
“President of RPB”, now there’s a lifelong accomplishment huh bro?! C’mon, you’re being silly. These players play the game to be champions first. Then they play because someone offers them enough money to make a living out of it. Well down the line of reasons to play is 20,000 supporters going bonkers. As tough as it may seem for you to accept, they don’t consider you to be their friend nevermind their teammate. Your choice to voice is fine because you are a fan and that’s what fans do. Don’t voice on my behalf though or even feel it is your duty because you have a hard-on for the “Presidency” and feel it’s your duty to represent the interest of the people.

Listen, I don’t know you and have no reason to discount your leadership if you will. If you say “they” when referring to TFC always then fine. But don’t use “we” when they win and “they” when they lose. It’s cowardly.

Yo man, he already stated he didn't use those terms. Why do you have a hard on for him being president? Why does it matter? He said he's a TFC supporter first and foremost, that's all that matters no? It's not like he ran a campaign to rule the RPB... it was dropped into his lap, literally.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Blazer, did you miss this? You're still on about the "they" thing.

"You" disappointed us today is the same thing.

Jack
07-02-2008, 11:24 AM

It's quite obvious that you don't know me. I don't care about "lifelong accomplishments" or anything like that.

I don't pretend to speak for you, nor would I want to. I gave my opinion which seems to be in accordance with the members of the group I represent.

I also am well aware of what the players do and do not think about me and am under no illusions to the contrary. I don't want them to be my friends, but I do want them to represent my team and my city with pride.

And as to this "they" vs. "we" thing, you are still missing the fact that I never said "they" in the context you're implying.

Jimmy The Saint
07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I was in 114 for most of the first half. It was dead quiet. Moved to the top of 112 with Parkie, much better.

I'm going to get hung for this...

There was passion on the field yesterday, but not from everyone. Brennan, Wynne and Guevara were bleeding for us yesterday. They were scrapping with Whitecaps and Refs. I thought Brennan was going to tear the head of at least 2 WCs. Wynne was running down balls and players ALL Fucking Game! Full field lengths in the 2nd Half!

The problem is that guys like Ricketts, Robert, the grossly overpaid Robinson didn't show up. Robert stood around gawping for most of 90 minutes.

After all the shit ref calls in the first half, Guevara was too scared to get booked and sent off to run anyone over. The whole club was crushed into timidity by the shite referees!

If I'm gonna get carded or sent off for a legitimate tackle, or called offside every time I touch the ball fairly on the defensive line, I'm going to start pulling back, becuase I have to question what the damned shit refs are gonna call on me!

3 out of 11 players showed up yesterday, which in any case is inexcusable. But these 3 should be heralded for their efforts, not dumped into the shit pile with the rest of the heartlessness that was shown yesterday.

We should be giving Jim, Marvell and Amado a golf clap, and then tell them to kick the other players into shape.

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
"You" disappointed us today is the same thing.

That's not the point. The point is that "US" includes all of us - supporters, team, and the city. By not playing up to their potential yesterday, the let down the fans, themselves, and embarrassed the city of Toronto.

Jack
07-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Both? Doesn't both imply two things? Jump (1) Drum (2) enjoy beer (3).... ;)

Sorry, I lumped them together like this:
1) Jump & drum
2) Enjoy beer.

If you wanna enjoy beer go to a pub not to a soccer game! You are in the fucking supporters section of BMO field not at your local pub!!

Fuck you Jack! :)

:taz:

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey Jack... FUCK YOU! :lol:

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I was in 114 for most of the first half. It was dead quiet. Moved to the top of 112 with Parkie, much better.

There was passion on the field yesterday, but not from everyone. Brennan, Wynne and Guevara were bleeding for us yesterday. They were scrapping with Whitecaps and Refs. I thought Brennan was going to tear the head of at least 2 WCs. Wynne was running down balls and players ALL Fucking Game! Full field lengths in the 2nd Half!

The problem is that guys like Ricketts, Robert, the grossly overpaid Robinson didn't show up. Robert stood around gawping for most of 90 minutes.

After all the shit ref calls in the first half, Guevara was too scared to get booked and sent off to run anyone over. The whole club was crushed into timidity by the shite referees!

If I'm gonna get carded or sent off for a legitimate tackle, or called offside every time I touch the ball fairly on the defensive line, I'm going to start pulling back, becuase I have to question what the damned shit refs are gonna call on me!

3 out of 11 players showed up yesterday, which in any case is inexcusable. But these 3 should be heralded for their efforts, not dumped into the shit pile with the rest of the heartlessness that was shown yesterday.

We should be giving Jim, Marvell and Amado a golf clap, and then tell them to kick the other players into shape.

I definitely agree about JB11. I've never seen him get that fired up. But you're also right in saying that 3 of 11 is inexcusable.

Jack
07-02-2008, 11:29 AM

Good point, Jimmy.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
That's not the point. The point is that "US" includes all of us - supporters, team, and the city. By not playing up to their potential yesterday, the let down the fans, themselves, and embarrassed the city of Toronto.

You’re overreacting. The difference in skill between the USL and MLS is marginal.

TFC-Tyler
07-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I couldnt agree more with you Jack.

Its funny though. If I had posted this I'd get moderated, and every single person would have disagreed.

Keystone FC
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM
You’re overreacting. The difference in skill between the USL and MLS is marginal.

Plus the USL-1 is more of a hard hitting and slidetackle league from what I've seen, and if you think MLS refs are bad you should look what these guys have to put up with.
The players in the USL either were overlooked or were cut by MLS squads. A game like this to a USL club is like an open tryout for the MLS.

noochie
07-02-2008, 11:42 AM

Its funny though. If I had posted this I'd get moderated, and every single person would have disagreed.

With the amount of people that were already stating this in other threads before this one started, I doubt it... we all seem to be on the same page here for the most part.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Plus the USL-1 is more of a hard hitting and slidetackle league from what I've seen, and if you think MLS refs are bad you should look what these guys have to put up with.
The players in the USL either were overlooked or were cut by MLS squads. A game like this to a USL club is like an open tryout for the MLS.

You're right.

Northern Soul
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM

Nope...if you had posted exactly what Jack did, you'd get the same reactions. Generally when we disagree is when posters go over the top and demand that coaches are fired, players are traded/cut, and the team be disbanded because of 1 match.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM

LOL! :rolleyes:

:violin:

Nope...if you had posted exactly what Jack did, you'd get the same reactions. Generally when we disagree is when posters go over the top and demand that coaches are fired, players are traded/cut, and the team be disbanded because of 1 match.

Thanks Northern Soul...some people can't realize that many times it isn't the "topic" that's the problem.

djking2
07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Going in to the game yesterday I was more concerned about the possibility of losing key players to bad tackles than I was of losing the game

Mark in Ottawa
07-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Good one Jack... couldn't agree more.
Now... I am willing to admit that teams have "off" days and the fact that it occurred on Canada Day to a "lesser" opponent makes it hard to take but...

I am willing to let TFC make it up to me. I will be watching the rematch with my undivided attention while still cheering for em.
If I see the effort I know they are capable of I will be satisfied.

adampz
07-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I was half way up in 113, right beside 112, and from half way up of 112 and 113 up to the top, a lot of people were pretty quiet, i did enjoy flush screaming though " I cant hear you, you fucking pussies" :)

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 12:29 PM
^^I'm halfway up 112, and if you cant hear me you're fucking deaf.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 12:30 PM

I'm not fucking deaf... just have a big ass fucking drum beside my head.:taz:

Barbarez
07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
"I don't care what anybody says about their earlier performances, because TFC is shit. Did you see yesterday's game? They can't string PASSES together, random shots and random passes to the opposition, and the lack of heart really makes you wonder if admission to the stand is even worth the 20 dollars. This is a fuckin' second-rate team . . . I could muster up some of my buddies who'd play better and harder than that. I don't know if we expect too much because this group of guys can't play. "

" And we really gotta let them know that. I don't care about this positive reinforcement crap. We should boo them, make banners and tifos, to let them know that when you play home we can be against you just as much as we can be for you. They feel like they got a cushion at home now so they can underperform and we'll still come out and clap for them. Fuck that."

:)

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 12:32 PM
^^ Yes sir.

kelzag
07-02-2008, 12:34 PM

I heard you loud & clear! :D

OneLoveOneEric
07-02-2008, 12:34 PM
First time I've ever agreed with Barbarez :)

BC101
07-02-2008, 12:37 PM
agree with Barbarez :)

LOL excellent post Barbarez...

Barbarez
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
the post is from tfcbrigade at ultras114.com not from me, although i totally agree. :)

BC101
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
None the less... We(Any of us) who've supported a team abroad before would not tolerate it if they started sucking like TFC did yesterday(First half esp) I've been saying that since last season well I said it to Shag A Ho anyways... Iam not against singing at them "You're not fit to wear the shirt" if their playing like shit... First year or 100th year team... I HONESTLY have seen better rep teams than what TFC played yesterday.

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 12:48 PM
What annoys me most is the insult to the competition.

That Canada Cup belongs to us, It's hugely important, qualifying for the CL is important.

Do our players know this? Does Mo, JC and MLSE?

The fans fucking know, that is a fact. Yesterdays atmosphere proved how important the fans felt this game was. It was like an FA cup semi final in the stands, we bought it in spades and completely murdered the monkey that's been on our backs for the last couple home games (IMO)

You see your top flight teams dogging it in unimportant competitions, then coming back three days later and playing genius against better opposition in desperately important champions league matches. They step it up for the important matches, and even when they lose. it's usually a hard fought game.

Our lads treated it like it was the last thing on their minds to qualify for the Concacaf and utterly betrayed the fans,

I am appalled.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 12:51 PM

That Canada Cup belongs to us, It's hugely important, qualifying for the CL is important.

The fans fucking know, that is a fact. Yesterdays atmosphere proved how important the fans felt this game was. It was like an FA cup semi final in the stands, we bought it in spades and completely murdered the monkey that's been on our backs for the last couple home games (IMO)

You see your top flight teams dogging it in unimportant competitions, then coming back three days later and playing genius against better opposition in desperately important champions league matches. They step it up for the important matches, and even when they lose. it's usually a hard fought game.

Our lads treated it like it was the last thing on their minds to qualify for the Concacaf and utterly betrayed the fans,

I am appalled.

QFFT.

Edit: For the most part anyway. There were minor moments of passion/urgency from a few players, but it should be the whole team not one or two players.

Mrs. Workie
07-02-2008, 12:51 PM
"I don't care what anybody says about their earlier performances, because TFC is shit. Did you see yesterday's game? They can't string PASSES together, random shots and random passes to the opposition, and the lack of heart really makes you wonder if admission to the stand is even worth the 20 dollars. This is a fuckin' second-rate team . . . I could muster up some of my buddies who'd play better and harder than that. I don't know if we expect too much because this group of guys can't play. "

" And we really gotta let them know that. I don't care about this positive reinforcement crap. We should boo them, make banners and tifos, to let them know that when you play home we can be against you just as much as we can be for you. They feel like they got a cushion at home now so they can underperform and we'll still come out and clap for them. Fuck that."

:)

We were talking about this last night at Shoeless:

"Give us a reason to sing"

I think they'd get the point.

Mrs. Workie
07-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Couldn't have said it better Exiled.

Nothing more needs to be said really.

BC101
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
QFFT.

Edit: For the most part anyway. There were minor moments of passion/urgency from a few players, but it should be the whole team not one or two players.

Guevara being one of those i felt... well in a few instances... Such as when he was urgent to get on with the corner etc etc.

Barbarez
07-02-2008, 12:59 PM
We were talking about this last night at Shoeless:

"Give us a reason to sing"

I think they'd get the point.

We're thinking about something like "WIN OR DIE" for the next match vs la impact

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 01:00 PM
We're thinking about something like "WIN OR DIE" for the next match vs la impact

I would love to see that.

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd prefer, 'Play hard or fuck off!'

It's not like we can actually murder the players is it?

Blazer
07-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I completely understand the frustration and feelings of immense pain and disappointment however I think too many of you guys are taking this loss way to personally.

Big loss? Absolutely.

Reason to feel personally bothered because our support was not matched by their field play? Not really.

This team does not primarily play for us despite what they say to the media cameras for obvious supporter consumption.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 01:09 PM
I completely understand the frustration and feelings of immense pain and disappointment however I think too many of you guys are taking this loss way to personally.

Big loss? Absolutely.

Reason to feel personally bothered because our support was not matched by their field play? Not really.

This team does not primarily play for us despite what they say to the media cameras for obvious supporter consumption.

Regardless of why they are playing, while they are wearing the TFC colours, they are OUR team. Yes, I feel personally bothered about this result. Not because they didn't match our performance, not at all. It's because as a team, they disgraced this city by the display of absolute shit football they put on.

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 01:29 PM

You don't see this as a problem?

I don't like mercenaries, you love the fans and want their adoration or your a heartless fuck who should go elsewhere.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Regardless of why they are playing, while they are wearing the TFC colours, they are OUR team. Yes, I feel personally bothered about this result. Not because they didn't match our performance, not at all. It's because as a team, they disgraced this city by the display of absolute shit football they put on.

The words you are using are indicative of your feelings of personal loss. “Disgraced this city” is excessive and way over the top. TFC is our team to support yes, but by no means are these players ours in any other capacity than spiritual.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
"While they are wearing TFC colours, they are OUR team"

If they don't want to play here, get the fuck out. If they do, show some fucking passion.

And yes, they disgraced the city. Why? They are playing for Toronto FC. That is their employer and they should be doing their jobs to the best of their ability. While wearing TFC's colours they should be doing everything and anything to make sure they get the win. Their lack of effort yesterday was disgusting and was a disgrace to the staff, the team, the colours, the fans and yes the fucking city.

dannyd
07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
The words you are using are indicative of your feelings of personal loss. “Disgraced this city” is excessive and way over the top. TFC is our team to support yes, but by no means are these players ours in any other capacity than spiritual.

You must be leafs fan lol...

I felt disgraced. I'm ashamed to talk to any of my friends in Vancouver, they've been facebooking me all day and I can't even respond.

These player represent OUR city, they represent US SUPPORTERS.

Outplayed by fucking Vancouver, a bunch of dirty hippies who can't even get a couple thousand to their games. How can you not take that personally...

Blazer
07-02-2008, 01:39 PM
You don't see this as a problem?

I don't like mercenaries, you love the fans and want their adoration or your a heartless fuck who should go elsewhere.

No, to be honest I really don’t get bent out of shape that these guys play first for their own livelihood, second for their passion and desire to be the best at what they do, and maybe not even third but somewhere mixed into the fold they play for us. That’s the reality that some of us struggle to accept.

Northern Soul
07-02-2008, 01:39 PM

So who do they play for? Their paycheck? MLSE? Fine, but without supporters, you have no team. If nobody goes to the matches, the team folds. You ARE playing for the supporters, whether you like it or not!

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 01:43 PM
No, to be honest I really don’t get bent out of shape that these guys play first for their own livelihood, second for their passion and desire to be the best at what they do, and maybe not even third but somewhere mixed into the fold they play for us. That’s the reality that some of us struggle to accept.

After the lashing from Carver, I'm sure they will change their opinion if the viewed it the same as you do.

A cup game. Arguably the most important TFC game to date. They SHOULD be fired up for that game. Aside from the fact that as professionals they should be out there to do the best they can, Carver should have let them know how much this game means. If he did and they didn't respond, shame on them. If he didn't, shame on them both.

I can accept the reality of these situations, much like with Jono Deguzman. I respect his decision as a player with a career in mind. What I can't accept is a full fucking team with 1-2 players who actually cared about the result. The rest were resting on their laurels, not doing their job to the best of their ability and generally, fucking SHIT.

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM

good for you for being so disconnected, and for believing the players have a right to be aloof from the fans. I do get bent out of shape, because Im the one paying their fucking wages, with a fraction of their income.

They play for their livelihoods?

They didnt fucking look like it, half of them would be fired in any other job if they bought their negative attitudes to the workplace.

Like I said, if they dont care for our adoration, then they have no right to play, fuck off home.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
You must be leafs fan lol...

I felt disgraced. I'm ashamed to talk to any of my friends in Vancouver, they've been facebooking me all day and I can't even respond.

These player represent OUR city, they represent US SUPPORTERS.

Outplayed by fucking Vancouver, a bunch of dirty hippies who can't even get a couple thousand to their games. How can you not take that personally...

I loathe the Leafs.

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I love all these 'you must be a Leaf fan' responses that appear at least once a day as if who your favourite NHL team is is at all relevant to anything. (i.e. I hate the Leafs therefore im a better sports fan than you).

Blazer
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
After the lashing from Carver, I'm sure they will change their opinion if the viewed it the same as you do.

A cup game. Arguably the most important TFC game to date. They SHOULD be fired up for that game. Aside from the fact that as professionals they should be out there to do the best they can, Carver should have let them know how much this game means. If he did and they didn't respond, shame on them. If he didn't, shame on them both.

I can accept the reality of these situations, much like with Jono Deguzman. I respect his decision as a player with a career in mind. What I can't accept is a full fucking team with 1-2 players who actually cared about the result. The rest were resting on their laurels, not doing their job to the best of their ability and generally, fucking SHIT.

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. The problem is that we assume that the more “psyched” for a big game we are the better we’ll play. Does this mean Vancouver was more psyched-up than we were? No, that’s ridiculous. They just used this opportunity to display their individual talent for MLS onlookers as someone back there put it nicely. I doubt Carver’s approach in his pregame speech was any different to any other important game just because a group of us feels this one to be especially important.

dannyd
07-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I love all these 'you must be a Leaf fan' responses that appear at least once a day as if who your favourite NHL team is is at all relevant to anything. (i.e. I hate the Leafs therefore im a better sports fan than you).

I love "leafs fan" response... it's mint.

It sums up perfectly how NOT to support a team. The leafs are a perfect example of the owners controlling the fans and treating them like suckers, which is a complete 180 to how sports was started and is supposed to be. The players are there for the fans.

BC101
07-02-2008, 02:02 PM
"While they are wearing TFC colours, they are OUR team"

If they don't want to play here, get the fuck out. If they do, show some fucking passion.

And yes, they disgraced the city. Why? They are playing for Toronto FC. That is their employer and they should be doing their jobs to the best of their ability. While wearing TFC's colours they should be doing everything and anything to make sure they get the win. Their lack of effort yesterday was disgusting and was a disgrace to the staff, the team, the colours, the fans and yes the fucking city.

FUCK YEAH! you tell em Shag A Ho....

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. The problem is that we assume that the more “psyched” for a big game we are the better we’ll play. Does this mean Vancouver was more psyched-up than we were? No, that’s ridiculous. They just used this opportunity to display their individual talent for MLS onlookers as someone back there put it nicely. I doubt Carver’s approach in his pregame speech was any different to any other important game just because a group of us feels this one to be especially important.

Why is it ridiculous? Seems like a viable option to me. I mean, they beat us to nearly every ball. Every player was hustling his balls off. Every player knew where they needed to be to be as effective as possible. Who's to say they weren't more pumped than our lads? It certainly fucking looked like it!

Blazer
07-02-2008, 02:07 PM
good for you for being so disconnected, and for believing the players have a right to be aloof from the fans. I do get bent out of shape, because Im the one paying their fucking wages, with a fraction of their income.

They play for their livelihoods?

They didnt fucking look like it, half of them would be fired in any other job if they bought their negative attitudes to the workplace.

Like I said, if they dont care for our adoration, then they have no right to play, fuck off home.

You have no idea about my connection so don’t make erroneous assumptions. I never said anything about players having a right to be aloof and don’t appreciate anyone putting words in my mouth. The players appreciate and support us and periodically may “play” for us but don’t pull the wool over your own eyes by thinking for one second that they care much more than that about you.

Yes, they play for their livelihood, without salaries these guys wouldn’t be playing. Go figure, huh?

Blazer
07-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Why is it ridiculous? Seems like a viable option to me. I mean, they beat us to nearly every ball. Every player was hustling his balls off. Every player knew where they needed to be to be as effective as possible. Who's to say they weren't more pumped than our lads? It certainly fucking looked like it!

Ahhh, being pumped can lead to better play but don’t be so quick to assume that it is everything. I play competitive sport and watch a lot of silly raw-raw-esk teams come in and get beaten despite their intensity. I think you are more accurate in saying that they were outhustled.

redcard
07-02-2008, 02:12 PM

perhaps u should take your own advice...

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 02:15 PM
You have no idea about my connection so don’t make erroneous assumptions. I never said anything about players having a right to be aloof and don’t appreciate anyone putting words in my mouth. The players appreciate and support us and periodically may “play” for us but don’t pull the wool over your own eyes by thinking for one second that they care much more than that about you.

Yes, they play for their livelihood, without salaries these guys wouldn’t be playing. Go figure, huh?

You think the fans have no influence over players who are proud of their team, their badge, and the people who support them?

Or are you saying our players dont have these qualities?

Jeff s
07-02-2008, 02:15 PM
well... If they played the way they did in the first half for the whole game I would agree. But you can't tell me they didn't try in the second half. With the goalkeepers performance, crossbar from 3 yards out and the wrongfully disallowed goal, it was never gonna be our day.
Again, they were awful in the first half, its actually becoming a little trend lately, but to say at no point did they didn't try is bull ( with the exception of maybe one-2 players) IMO, no one has to agree with me.

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:16 PM

you are making a sweeping baseless assumption... where have the players ever said anything close to what you are assuming?

ilikemusic
07-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I love "leafs fan" response... it's mint.

It sums up perfectly how NOT to support a team. The leafs are a perfect example of the owners controlling the fans and treating them like suckers, which is a complete 180 to how sports was started and is supposed to be. The players are there for the fans.

I love this response... It's mint. It sums up perfectly how stupid the Leaf haters argument is. Anybody who is a Leafs fan is a sucker who doesnt understand 'how to support a team' and the team is the anti-thesis of professional sports. :dupe:

I root for teams with my heart, not my head. Same way I fall for women with my penis and not my logical brain.

I was born and raised in Toronto, I support my local teams and teams connected to my heritage. Thats what sport is; plain and simple. If everybody rooted for the team with the best management we would all just say 'fuck Toronto FC, Manchester United for life!' and be done with it. Fuck the competition; cheer for whos going to win. If thats the approach of someone who knows 'how to support a team' then why have a league at all? Lets all just support barn-storming all-star teams.

Please fuck off with this 'Leaf fans are suckers' bullshit. Im a Leaf fan because I live in Toronto. Why are you a Toronto FC fan? Because you live in Toronto? Thats about as logical as my reason for supporting the Leafs. If its all about the team and the game for you then why arent you a DC United fan, they obviously have run MLS for the past decade.

So I will say again, fuck off with this 'Leaf fans are morons' bullshit.

:topic:

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah I am pretty tired of this "Leaf fan" business.

Most of the time...people aren't even in agreement what being a "Leaf fan" actually is. Is it a hater? A deluded fan? Wishy washy? What? What does it mean?

Sometimes it just across as a general insult, have it mean what you will. But in my opinion, it's those that live in Toronto and are NOT Leaf fans that have bigger problems. I am not talking about the ones that say, grew up in Montreal and so love Montreal. Or grew up in Ottawa and have an attachment to the city that now has the Sens to root for.

But if you grew up in Toronto and root for Chicago? or Boston? or Denver? WTF??? Half the time, people have never even visited these cities...why the hell do you root for them? So people...get a clue or shut up.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 02:22 PM
You think the fans have no influence over players who are proud of their team, their badge, and the people who support them?

Or are you saying our players dont have these qualities?

I’m saying neither.

I’m saying that the influence some on this board feel that us supporters have when it comes to players’ “reasons to play” is naïve. Yes they play for us but not to the extent that this board wants to believe – it’s not even close.

They have no connection with any of us personally and see us as only great fans. Just like their last ones were and just like the rest will be when they leave TFC for their next endeavour.

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I’m saying neither.

I’m saying that the influence some on this board feel that us supporters have when it comes to players’ “reasons to play” is naïve. Yes they play for us but not to the extent that this board wants to believe – it’s not even close.

They have no connection with any of us personally and see us as only great fans. Just like their last ones were and just like the rest will be when they leave TFC for their next endeavour.

That's one theory as to why we sucked yesterday anyway.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah I am pretty tired of this "Leaf fan" business.

Most of the time...people aren't even in agreement what being a "Leaf fan" actually is. Is it a hater? A deluded fan? Wishy washy? What? What does it mean?

Sometimes it just across as a general insult, have it mean what you will. But in my opinion, it's those that live in Toronto and are NOT Leaf fans that have bigger problems. I am not talking about the ones that say, grew up in Montreal and so love Montreal. Or grew up in Ottawa and have an attachment to the city that now has the Sens to root for.

But if you grew up in Toronto and root for Chicago? or Boston? or Denver? WTF??? Half the time, people have never even visited these cities...why the hell do you root for them? So people...get a clue or shut up.

So you're saying I shouldn't root for the Blackhawks? Fuck the Leafs, never liked them and never will. Blackhawks for life, as shitty as we may be. :lol:

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 02:28 PM
You can root for whomever you wish...but if the reason you root for one team is just out of disgust for another...that's like marrying a woman because you don't like your ex-girlfriend. A recipe for success!

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Damn right it is. :D Not to get into it here, but Eddie the Eagle got me into the Blackhawks.

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
You can root for whomever you wish...but if the reason you root for one team is just out of disgust for another...that's like marrying a woman because you don't like your ex-girlfriend. A recipe for success!

How about indifference? Go Isles!

Blazer
07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
That's one theory as to why we sucked yesterday anyway.

It’s not the reason they sucked at all. That’s just it. It has nothing to do with us as supporters.

Did we not deserve 1 goal? Imagine for one second that we scored yesterday. Reaction would be completely different and remarks would be: “Sloppy game but we still got the point”, “Should have won but we didn’t”, “We’ll have to play better than that”, etc.

If we had a legitimate goal scorer this team is instantly better and we would avoid this conversation altogether.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 02:38 PM
If we had a legitimate goal scorer.. this board would explode from not having to bitch about Cunny. Why bother wondering about circumstances that don't apply to this past game?

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
It’s not the reason they sucked at all. That’s just it. It has nothing to do with us as supporters.

Did we not deserve 1 goal? Imagine for one second that we scored yesterday. Reaction would be completely different and remarks would be: “Sloppy game but we still got the point”, “Should have won but we didn’t”, “We’ll have to play better than that”, etc.

If we had a legitimate goal scorer this team is instantly better and we would avoid this conversation altogether.

Yup. Unfortunately time machines haven't been invented yet... or if they have the inventor is fucking with us.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 02:46 PM
If we had a legitimate goal scorer.. this board would explode from not having to bitch about Cunny. Why bother wondering about circumstances that don't apply to this past game?

Wondering? Oh no, no, no. I’d only do that if I felt change was not imminent. Instead, I’m looking forward into future games where that legitimate goal scorer will be sought after and eventually found.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Yup. Unfortunately time machines haven't been invented yet... or if they have the inventor is fucking with us.

This team in my mind is arguably the deadliest possible opponent in the ladder stages of the season if we can only find ourselves that prolific goal scorer. A guy who threatens and injects fear when he isn’t scoring goals. We’re that close, I really believe it.

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
This team in my mind is arguable the deadliest possible opponent in the ladder stages of the season if we can only find ourselves that prolific goal scorer. A guy who threatens and injects fear when he isn’t scoring goals. We’re that close, I really believe it.

I agree with you. No point in speculating on what coulda been... Mo... get the deal done and sign our striking saviour!

Blazer
07-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I think JC and MJ are smart enough to see this and will effect change soon enough. As if the frustration hasn’t played enough on them?! When a deal is met, look out – this will be the team to beat IMO.

Jack
07-02-2008, 03:02 PM
For sure we need a killer striker. But even if we had scraped out a goal yesterday, I'd still be disappointed by the apathy displayed by most of the players out there.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:10 PM
For sure we need a killer striker. But even if we had scraped out a goal yesterday, I'd still be disappointed by the apathy displayed by most of the players out there.

This is what people are seeming to miss the point on. Sure we could have won that game, but really, did the players look like they wanted to win aside from 2-3 players?

Mrs. Workie
07-02-2008, 03:11 PM
This is what people are seeming to miss the point on. Sure we could have won that game, but really, did the players look like they wanted to win aside from 2-3 players?

Were they watching the same game we were?!

Blazer
07-02-2008, 03:11 PM
A good goal scorer who equates to winning would rid the perception of apathy wouldn’t you say? We're that close.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Not directly no.

If we win a game because of a good goal scorer it's a step in the right direction. If the rest of the team is still playing for paddycakes and doesn't want to hustle to the ball, or even challenge for the 50/50 balls... then what does it matter?

noochie
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
JC uses the word complacency a lot in his post game interviews. That is what we saw yesterday in all but the last 10 minutes. Players going through the motions... passionless...

Blazer
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Good teams can have bad games and still come out a winner with a good goal scorer. Bad teams without a goal scorer are destined for regular failure.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Good teams can have bad games and still come out a winner with a good goal scorer. Bad teams without a goal scorer are destined for regular failure.

Teams who play flat footed and lack passion deserve to be called out, good or not.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Besides, if we win games because of a goal scorer the “apathy” is seen more so as an “off game” for a player versus carelessness in their approach. We are far more forgiving after a victory. We want fucking blood after defeat.

Blazer
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Teams who play flat footed and lack passion deserve to be called out, good or not.

Yeah but they have the win in their back pocket to flash in your face when a losing team can’t.

Shaughno
07-02-2008, 03:24 PM
At this point... that card isn't there to be flashed. Hence why everyone is so disappointed and upset with the lack of passion.

Lenny Dikestra
07-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Jack you are the Man ... I have never seen a Thread that has caused such a Stir....

Maybe you are correct in your calling out..It got the fans to notice ..lets see about the players

Jack
07-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Jack you are the Man ... I have never seen a Thread that has caused such a Stir....

Maybe you are correct in your calling out..It got the fans to notice ..lets see about the players

Oh believe me, there have been much bigger "stirs" than this. :D

Boondaddy
07-02-2008, 04:52 PM

agreed....and good fortune comes to those who play hard and with passion...we didn't see either yesterday so we can't just blame the referee for our loss.

LucaGol
07-02-2008, 05:21 PM
If anyone is to blame for this game it is John Carver.

We just played a hard fought game on Saturday and JC basically trotted out the exact same starting 11 on Tuesday against the Whitecaps.

The lack of effort was coming from the starters in the first half...possibly due to fatigue, I'm not sure...the second half had a much more consistent effort, and it is no coincidence that is when all three new and fresher players were introduced, Smith, Cunningham and Julius James.

koryo
07-02-2008, 05:24 PM
If anyone is to blame for this game it is John Carver.

We just played a hard fought game on Saturday and JC basically trotted out the exact same starting 11 on Tuesday against the Whitecaps.

Carver's already assumed responsibility for this game... in the post-game press interview.

LucaGol
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Carver's already assumed responsibility for this game... in the post-game press interview.

Well there ya go.

madzap
07-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Assuming responsibility is one thing, but what action is he going to take to correct the overall apathy the team has been displaying? Is it time to stop the experiment of putting the last team back out on the pitch - I believe so as this has not had the desired effect. Most teams in the same situation as we had, a couple days off between matches, would have fielded a team with significant lineup changes.

It's time for action, not words JC!

ensco
07-02-2008, 06:38 PM

I am appalled.

Right. If there's anyone on TFC who wouldn't be sick to their stomachs watching a crap USL team collect an important trophy in our stadium, I want them gone. Today.

jloome
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Said it after the DC game and I"ll say it again: this team suffers from acute overconfidence based on preconceptions about the level they've played at prior to here and a handful of wins. It's reflected in the interviews, where the players (and I believe Carver a couple of times) talk about how confident they are they can get a result. I don't think I've once yet heard these guys admit that this level of footie is a dog fight, every night.

That's what's lacking right now; same problem in Chicago -- early in the season the Fire had that killer drive, that extra gear to chase down every ball, turn and react quickly, fight for the last shot etc. We had it in a handful of games.

But we lack it when we go into the game thinking we can control the tempo and develop a buildup from the first whistle; as a result, our guys are under more direct pressure than they expect, and they end up playing route 1 football to the target man. Other teams know now that the way to throw us off is to take the skill component of possession football away from us in the early stages by pressing full field, then closing down Dichio.

This is why the 5-3-2 seemsed more effective: we have a more packed mid, so we end out being able to develop some short pass interplay between the midfielders who are expected to create space with good passing for the forwards. It's a bit illusory, however, as our strongest offensive play often comes from the wings, which are undersold by only having wingbacks. So we end up with more possession, which is defensively desirable, but don't create any more chances.

The better option would be to play a 4-4-1-1 with Guevara behind Dichio, and play a wide, fast-break, switch-field style for the first 15 or 20 minutes (as New England did very successfully against us), until the opposition is accustomed to drifting wide to cover our guys, then move back to the short interplay passing game to create some good chances.

And whatever tactic carver picks, we need some fluidity of movement and understanding betweem players, so we have to stick with that formation for a while.

juki
07-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah the team sucked, they really pissed me off like most people in here...but what really put me over the edge was that crowd of people siging and chanting under the tunnel. WTF???!!!!! I know that we go to the game to enjoy ourselves but I fear what alot of people have been saying for a long time to be true; that Toronto Fc is just an excuse to get stupidly hammered. Were these people aware what just fuckin happened??

On another note.

Who was the whitecaps' number 15 (defense) this dude was solid!

nascarguy
07-02-2008, 08:21 PM
the min we start being like leaf supporters that is the time I will not show up to the games anymore or come on any tfc or mls & forums & mlse puts the tickets up to match the leafs tickets

Dichio had no support for the last 3 games. The team started playing like shit at the home game vs. kc and edu better smart his ass up or carver sould say to edu right before he goes to play with the usa team in japan " edu do not think your spot on the team will be open when you come back" and sell his ass to a team in the uk.