PDA

View Full Version : A Few Home Truths

bhoybobby
07-01-2008, 11:17 PM
!, Vancouver got in our wheelhouse early & often, I hated to lose as a TFC. We deserved it, we were outplayed & outhearted.

2. Edu is shite, has been all season

3. Ricketts should stay off the bevvy the night before games

4. Cunningham, becomes more of an embarrassment with every passing game

5. Carver wears his heart on his sleeve, but subbing 3 at the 1/2 is foolish, Ricjetts, yeah, sure, but Dichio off for that me, me titi Cunningham? We cou'd've ended up playing with 10 men, or less

6. I love Sutton, but he was dodgy on several occasions today.

7. Oh yeah, no gimmee now in the CCC, we underestimated the opposition, hope we learned a lesson

Roogsy
07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I dont agree with the Cunny comment. He played fine. Not great. But there were worse players.

And Sutton? Are you serious? He didn't get scored on. That PK awarded was a farce!

GeorgeB
07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
even though i think you are crazy Bobby,i think you are right.except on sutts.

Pachuco
07-01-2008, 11:27 PM
!, Vancouver got in our wheelhouse early & often, I hated to lose as a TFC. We deserved it, we were outplayed & outhearted.

5. Carver wears his heart on his sleeve, but subbing 3 at the 1/2 is foolish, Ricjetts, yeah, sure, but Dichio off for that me, me titi Cunningham? We cou'd've ended up playing with 10 men, or less

7. Oh yeah, no gimmee now in the CCC, we underestimated the opposition, hope we learned a lesson

This really shows you just have it in for Cunny. It's quite funny that you think Cunny was an embarrassment today.

noochie
07-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Cunny was fine... he and Smith up front generated 15 second half shots. Everyone looked flat in the 1st half.

Me wonders... has Sutton ever saved a PK? I can't remember. (not that it is important, just curious)

colman1860
07-01-2008, 11:43 PM
No, Suttons never saved one. I was thinking about that before the PK today. Also, Cunny played one of his best games in a TFC uniform IMO. Almost Dichio-like at times, winning scrappy balls and such (off the keeper before he set up Edu to miss the empty net). Fucking Edu. I thought he was overrated last year, and now I just hate his guts. Trade him while he still has that Gatorade Sierra Mist Nutrilite Samsung Rookie of the Year tag.

Pachuco
07-01-2008, 11:49 PM
No, Suttons never saved one. I was thinking about that before the PK today. Also, Cunny played one of his best games in a TFC uniform IMO. Almost Dichio-like at times, winning scrappy balls and such (off the keeper before he set up Edu to miss the empty net). Fucking Edu. I thought he was overrated last year, and now I just hate his guts. Trade him while he still has that Gatorade Sierra Mist Nutrilite Samsung Rookie of the Year tag.

I wish we could trade him. He would have good trade value and I think Hemming/Tebily/Harmse could compete for that role. Or we could play a 4-4-2 if we had two solid strikers. Problem is, who's going to take him when he's going to miss 6 critical weeks?

werewolf
07-01-2008, 11:51 PM
No, Suttons never saved one.

2007 Carolina Challenge Cup vs. Shite Bulls ;)

noochie
07-02-2008, 12:10 AM
I wish we could trade him. He would have good trade value and I think Hemming/Tebily/Harmse could compete for that role. Or we could play a 4-4-2 if we had two solid strikers. Problem is, who's going to take him when he's going to miss 6 critical weeks?

European teams :)

noochie
07-02-2008, 12:10 AM

nice!

Pachuco
07-02-2008, 12:12 AM
European teams :)

This is true, though I'd be shocked if it was anything more then 2nd division Norway :)

colman1860
07-02-2008, 12:14 AM

Got me. As an 1860 fan, I'm usually quick with the past, meaningless successes.:D

bhoybobby
07-02-2008, 07:41 AM
even though i think you are crazy Bobby,i think you are right.except on sutts.

I love Sutton, but he was in no man"s land on a couple of occasions, one was very nearly a goal, except for the post. His distribution isn't the best. Hopefully he rebounds to his old self.

nimamalek
07-02-2008, 08:25 AM
poor cunny, set up edu, smith, amado, pressured the D and got us a couple of corners and somehow he still had a bad half

jayeden
07-02-2008, 08:29 AM
cunny played well, VERY WELL if we want to start to compare him to how dichio played..

cannot blame sutton for a thing.

subbing 3 at half was the best thing done all game...

cuecas_red
07-02-2008, 09:32 AM
what did people think about james? he looked lazy to me out and slow to react to the ball

mclaren
07-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Sutton had some great saves yesterday! Kept us in the game at some points.

bhoybobby
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Sutton had some great saves yesterday! Kept us in the game at some points.

For sure he did, I love the guy. Therr were a few head scratching moments though. I still rate him as a #1.

I do wish his distribution was as good as Edwards.

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Cunnigham wants to score by heading it up into the top of the net, this is very hard to do and when you're about ten yards out it's even harder, and most likely the ball will sail slowly over the bar.

A ball quickly headed downward is more likely to be on target and beat the keeper, but it's less flashy.

Saying that he scored a great goal yesterday.

TFC/ARSENAL
07-02-2008, 01:06 PM

I agree with you as far as the first half is concerned, but we controlled the second half.

Ricketts' problem is that he thinks he can beat every man in front of him and usually ends up losing possession. He should have his head up, know where his teammates are and pass the ball when he gets cornered. If he learns when to pass, he will become an excellent player.

Cunny scored a good goal yesterday. It was not his fault that the officials screwed up

Can't fault him for any of the substitutions. Each replacement was more effective than the starter. Johnny was sending a message and hopefully these guys got it. We'll see next game.

It would be silly if they had done that. You would think that the game against Montreal would have straightened them out.

MartinUtd
07-02-2008, 01:10 PM
It Sutton does save his next PK I bet it will be called back as he has this annoying habit of jumping off the line a second too early.