PDA

View Full Version : All Time Winter team

MarkoftheDrink
03-08-2011, 09:09 PM
With many questions yet to be answered in regards to how the starting 11 will look for this season, I was wondering: out of all TFC's current and former players (based on their play with TFC) who would you put out there if you were Winter?

Off the top of my head:

----------------------------------Frei--------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
-Wynne------------Attakora---------------Serioux------------Brennan-
----------O'Brien-------------DeGuzman------------Guevara-----------
-----------Vitti----------------Dichio---------------DeRosario----------

Not too sold on Wynne seeing as he has/had horrible touch but there aren't many options back there. I guess Henry would fit into Winter's look to the youth.

Vitti is a bit of a flyer I sure some will question but I liked his flashess of touch and creativity, his size is nice too if he got some nice crosses. Still not the ideal player to have on the field.

Thoughts? Have I missed anyone who would have been perfect in the 4-3-3?

prizby
03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=26710

no mo edu???

TFCRegina
03-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't know, but I think it would have Marco Velez, Adam Braz, Andrea Lombardo and Rohan Ricketts as team lynchpins.

J .
03-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Edu > Obrien, Barrett > Vitti Cann, > Serioux

MarkoftheDrink
03-08-2011, 10:01 PM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=26710

no mo edu???

Yeah I realize this thread is quite similar to the All-Time Best XI Thread but as that thread states in the first line, it's more about the best XI not based on formation. Where as this thread is really all about who would play well in the 4-3-3.

I thought about putting Edu in there but who would he replace JDG? I can see that based on what they've done here.

Yohan
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah I realize this thread is quite similar to the All-Time Best XI Thread but as that thread states in the first line, it's more about the best XI not based on formation. Where as this thread is really all about who would play well in the 4-3-3.

I thought about putting Edu in there but who would he replace JDG? I can see that based on what they've done here.
because Mo Edu is better two way midfielder than JDG?

ArmenJBX
03-08-2011, 10:10 PM
--------------------Frei---------------------
--Omphroy---Nana-------Cann------Brennan--
------------------Mo Edu--------------------
---------JDG---------------De Rosario-------
---Peterson------Dichio------Lindsay---------

Blowing Bubbles
03-08-2011, 10:16 PM
salary cap tho

MarkoftheDrink
03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Edu > Obrien, Barrett > Vitti Cann, > Serioux

I like O'Brien for his crosses he seemed like more of a fit on the wing than Edu.

Barrett, while a hard worker lacked the touch I think needed for this formation, but Vitti was pretty shit so not hard to go either way here.

Cann I don't think has the same skill on the ball that Serioux did.

Why do you think they are better options?

Yohan
03-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Barrett, while a hard worker lacked the touch I think needed for this formation, but Vitti was pretty shit so not hard to go either way here.

Vitti was probably the best technical player TFC ever had. He got pigeon holed into roles that he wasn't really suited for

BeerBaron95
03-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Another useless 'fuckin best 11 or whatever stupid name' thread???? really?

Yohan
03-08-2011, 10:39 PM
If you're looking at more 'could have been' line up w/ ball skills to play 4-3-3, this would be mine. This is not looking at how good were they for TFC, but overall technical skills for each player

--------------Frei
-Attakora-Serioux-Tebily-Brennan
-------------JDG
-------Guevara---Edu
-OBrien---------------DeRo
------------Santos

Subs
Sutton
Dunivant
Nagamura
Robert
Vitti
Barrett
Dichio

Somewhere, Mista and Ricketts would fit too

MarkoftheDrink
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Vitti was probably the best technical player TFC ever had. He got pigeon holed into roles that he wasn't really suited for

I don't know about best but he was up there, but for someone with so much skill he could be invisible for games at a time. Now whether that was a result of the coach or style or his fellow team members it's hard to say. He seems to have done more since leaving so I wouldn't be surprised if he might look better on the team now.

I like that line up, would be fun to watch, not sure if they're a winner though (don't really think any of these are though :( )

And BeerBaron: don't like the topic, don't post. I'm just trying to have a conversation here with some fellow fans. Don't want to participate fine, but no need to whine about it. PM a mod and complain if you really care that much and they will delete the thread or merge it.

BeerBaron95
03-09-2011, 11:02 PM
dont need to pm anybody... whos whining? theres a difference between whining and not understanding and commenting on yet another useless 'all time' thread

all time?? u mean 4 years? lol.. ooooooookkkkkkkkkkk

[NBF]
03-10-2011, 10:42 AM
My best winter eleven.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2272971474_f148423bb2.jpg?v=0

MarkoftheDrink
03-10-2011, 11:44 PM
dont need to pm anybody... whos whining? theres a difference between whining and not understanding and commenting on yet another useless 'all time' thread

all time?? u mean 4 years? lol.. ooooooookkkkkkkkkkk

True.