PDA

View Full Version : a pub at BMO?

deltox
03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
so they have a pub at the stadium in charleston.

how good would it be to have a pub at BMO! (something that is always open and houses a lot of TFC team stuff)

rocker
03-05-2011, 11:26 AM
i used to have dreams about that. I thought if they expand the stadium with second decks on the south or east side, they should put a massive pub underneath one of them. MLSE has experience doing restaurants and bars, with the Platinum Club at ACC, Real Sports Grille, and E11even.

Nodoubtguy
03-05-2011, 11:27 AM
The Three Lions is not just a pub....it's heaven!!!

OurGame
03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I guess the issue would be it's in no where land 90% of the time..

rocker
03-05-2011, 11:29 AM
what's makes the Charleston pub so good?

Tim
03-05-2011, 11:30 AM
something like that could see action during alot of the events at the Direct Energy Centre, or Marlies games (not to busy tho) and I can't even imagine how crazy it would be in the lead up and following TFC games. Imagine TFC on the road and you could go down there and catch the game on TV...

London
03-05-2011, 11:34 AM

id argue it matches up with any pub in the world in terms of memorabilia

and ill be there in a couple hours

TheArchitect
03-05-2011, 11:37 AM
The prices would be ridiculous though

Nodoubtguy
03-05-2011, 11:37 AM
what's makes the Charleston pub so good?

Besides being a nice pub with good beers on tap, the owners have made it a literal history lesson in Footy. You can spend hours just looking at everything in there. Here are some pics from when I was there a few years ago

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salosalvador/sets/72157615521958021/

deltox
03-05-2011, 11:40 AM
we have some footy memorabilia in the rogers lounge at BMO.....but hardly anyone gets to see it.

OurGame
03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Besides being a nice pub with good beers on tap, the owners have made it a literal history lesson in Footy. You can spend hours just looking at everything in there. Here are some pics from when I was there a few years ago

cool tku very much ..

they are seriously footy guys.. love it

Carts
03-05-2011, 11:44 AM

I don't think so...

If anything, MLSE are good business people...

Even the beer prices at Real Sports aren't stupid - especially for downtown, even more so for a theme bar attached to the ACC...

Its well documented how much I hate Real Sports due to three extremely poor experiences there - but I won't slag them needlessly, the price for a pint of Coors Light is in line with the area and experience...

I think, if this ever happened, that the beer prices etc would be in line with the area - with a touch of an increase for the location of "inside the stadium" but open to public (aka, exactly like Real Sports)...

I will say, if this did happen, I would go there quite often (if the experience aka service/prices/atmosphere was good). Off season for some beers, during the season for away games etc...

It would need to be a "pub". Real Sports is a "stadium bar" not a pub. A bar in BMO would need that 'pub feel' I think...

Carts...

rocker
03-05-2011, 11:48 AM
they could build it under an east side stand addition (or on the corner, facing east and south), and design it so its noticeable to the public even when a game is not on... since it would face Ricoh, people who attend events at Ricoh or maybe the Direct Energy centre might be inclined to visit (if they ever build that hotel on the CNE grounds, that could be another source of customer traffic).
Also, in the summer the parking there is maxed out for Molson Amphitheatre shows -- maybe it could get customers during those events.

Detroit_TFC
03-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I've been dying to see the Three Lions Pub but they only open it during the season, and I am usually in SC during Christmas time only. I really should have come down for the CCC this year.

Kaz
03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I thought this would be a neat idea, so I thought what would you name it, Red House sounded dumb, so I though making it German sounding, so I thought Roteshaus... then I googled Roteshaus... and decided that might not be the best name for a football pub

Walms
03-07-2011, 11:52 AM

Thanks MLSE, I dont mind having to bend over in order to get a beer ;)

Imagine TFC on the road and you could go down there and catch the game on TV...

That Fact alone would be worth it to me, a good place to gather and watch away games with 'all' TFC fans... im not sure about you guys, but when I go to a bar in Newmarket to watch a match, it seems like I'm the only guy in the place who has any intrest, and if the Leafs or Raps are playing, good luck getting TFC on one of the tv's.

I would love to see a pub at BMO for the lone reason of having a place with a match like atmosphere while our team is on the road.

:drinking::scarf::drinking:

Ossington Mental Youth
03-07-2011, 11:53 AM
a supporter run pub at BMO would be the one thing id be in favor of actually having supporters groups run. outside of that i think itd be stupid to have a pub there, itd be expensive as hell and filled with fans, not supporters.

Gobi
03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I would love to see a pub at BMO for the lone reason of having a place with a match like atmosphere while our team is on the road.

:drinking::scarf::drinking:

That used to be Shoeless Joe's, before we all became apathetic or bitter.

VoxPopuliCosmicum
03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
That used to be Shoeless Joe's, before we all became apathetic or bitter.
Meh...sez you...knowitall

Technorgasm
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM

but, what woudl happen to Joes?
lol

Fantasy non-existing pub vs Joes.

nascarguy
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
but, what woudl happen to Joes?
lol

Fantasy non-existing pub vs Joes.
nothing the pub at bmo would be just athere bar

Parkdale
03-07-2011, 03:06 PM
we know what it costs for domestic beers at BMO... could you imagine what they would charge for things at a pub?

file this one under "why bother"

mastermixer
03-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Does anyone miss the beer garden? I used to like having a few beers there before the game and at halftime.

nascarguy
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't think so...

If anything, MLSE are good business people...

Even the beer prices at Real Sports aren't stupid - especially for downtown, even more so for a theme bar attached to the ACC...

Its well documented how much I hate Real Sports due to three extremely poor experiences there - but I won't slag them needlessly, the price for a pint of Coors Light is in line with the area and experience...

I think, if this ever happened, that the beer prices etc would be in line with the area - with a touch of an increase for the location of "inside the stadium" but open to public (aka, exactly like Real Sports)...

I will say, if this did happen, I would go there quite often (if the experience aka service/prices/atmosphere was good). Off season for some beers, during the season for away games etc...

It would need to be a "pub". Real Sports is a "stadium bar" not a pub. A bar in BMO would need that 'pub feel' I think...

Carts...
I still do not know how you had extremely poor experiences there I was there on feb 14th and had a great time

billyfly
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Well there is a hi-end pub coming near BMO when the hotel is built on the CNE grounds.

crozack
03-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I just thought of something.
Call me crazy but wasnt the tailgating in the first couple of years a great experience at BMO?
What ever happened to that?.....god, i miss those days!

maninb
03-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Not interested if it's $10 a pint.....

Fort York Redcoat
03-08-2011, 08:01 AM
I just thought of something.
Call me crazy but wasnt the tailgating in the first couple of years a great experience at BMO?
What ever happened to that?.....god, i miss those days!

We have a tailgate once a month. Look for the red tent East side lot.:thumbsup:

TOBOR !
03-08-2011, 08:09 AM
A footy themed pub in Toronto ? on CNE grounds - easy access from Lakeshore / TTC / GO ? Footy on the Telly 24/7 ?

If there was such a place I'd take my wife out more often !

Oldtimer
03-08-2011, 08:12 AM

That's beyond pub... that's a museum!

KezmanCCCC
03-10-2011, 09:21 PM
it would be way to over priced to have a pub at BMO.... and its definitely not necessary....

bribetaker
03-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Here's a an article from a couple days ago in the Washington Post from Steven Goff: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2011/03/charlestons_three_lions_pub_a.html

If you're in Chucktown but not on gameday or during the offseason, just call the Battery office & ask for your own private tour, they'll let you up there to look around. See, we can do that since we're just a small little club with non-professional players.....

My favorite display are the 2 Sir Stanley Matthews caps from the 1950's.....real caps...some fans don't realize that a "cap" used to be an real cap....