PDA

View Full Version : D.C. United away (Sat 6th August)

Across_The_Pond
03-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Hi all,

Unbelievable how quick the months fly by! I've booked my tickets for T.O. this summer and will be gracing BMO Fields a few times hopefully this coming season.

One of my mates is coming over again (He was with me for the Bolton Wanderers friendly) and we were hoping that he could have seen an MLS league game. Unfortunately he heads home before the Real SL game.

Looking through the fixture list we noticed D.C. United away on the 6th August. Early doors I know, but I was wondering whether or not buses, planes (??), trains (??) have been taken for this fixture by TFC fans? Or would there be any official road trip being organised?

Look forward to seeing old and new faces in the summer

Lee

scooter
03-05-2011, 08:06 AM
ask pekduck

nfitz
03-05-2011, 12:27 PM
That's the day of the Canada-USA rugby international at BMO Field ... so some might be staying to watch that.

jloome
03-05-2011, 01:18 PM
HEy ATP, as a fellow non-member I should point out that members aren't allowed to talk to you about this stuff online, as there are rules against colluding to offer travel packages in Ontario.

Basically, they can only talk to each other in private about that stuff.

Not kidding. YOu should probably PM a few people, or get a membership.

Cheers.

nfitz
03-05-2011, 01:23 PM
HEy ATP, as a fellow non-member I should point out that members aren't allowed to talk to you about this stuff online, as there are rules against colluding to offer travel packages in Ontario.I think you exaggerate a bit. Your not allowed to sell packages, etc. But I don't think there's a law discussing people travelling on their own, and all meeting up in a pub somewhere! And I doubt there's a law that says you can't ask questions, and be told that group X does have a package-deal going ... but you have to join the group to participate.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-05-2011, 01:32 PM
check TICO.ca or .com

TFCREDNWHITE
03-05-2011, 01:32 PM
travel industry council of ontario.

nfitz
03-05-2011, 01:40 PM
check TICO.ca or .comAgreed. Check it and you will find there's nothing wrong with people talking about meeting each other at a pub in D.C. to go watch a soccer game!

In particular, it will refer you to the Travel Industry Act, 2002 (http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_02t30_e.htm) which states that "No person shall act or hold himself, herself or itself out as being available to act, as a travel agent unless the person is registered as a travel agent under this Act; or as a travel wholesaler unless the person is registered as a travel wholesaler under this Act.".

As no one here is selling anything, or acting as a travel agent (which the act defines as a person who sells, to consumers, travel services provided by another person) then there's no issue.

The issue arises when groups start to do their own bussing, and hotel rentals; which isn't what this discussion is about!!

pekduck
03-05-2011, 01:42 PM
exactly, discussing travel is okay, just we can't hook non-members up with the purchasing information on all tickets, hotel, flight, bus, shuttle, etc we are getting

Across_The_Pond
03-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Having found myself well and truely tied up here in red-tape I've filled out the relevant forms to become a member. Hopefully this will make getting answers a little easier.

To be honest though I was only looking to have the following question answered - Would it be likely that there would be a 'group' of TFC fans travelling to the DC game as part of an organised group e.g. RPB's?

pekduck
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
if you can burn down TICO, be my guest :D

quick answer - yes

many TFC fans will go to DC, affiliated or not

prizby
03-08-2011, 09:38 PM
That's the day of the Canada-USA rugby international at BMO Field ... so some might be staying to watch that.

i thought the rugby game was aug 20/21

nfitz
03-08-2011, 10:52 PM
i thought the rugby game was aug 20/21Not according to the article in the Globe and Mail last week - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/canadian-rugby-team-to-play-us-at-bmo-field/article1923897/

Edit - there's also a lot of information about the August 6th BMO Field game at http://events.rugbycanada.ca/events_details.php?e=52http://events.rugbycanada.ca/images/wysiwyg_uploads/CANvUSA%20Poster%20Draft%201%20-%20JPEG.jpg

nascarguy
03-08-2011, 11:03 PM
so what hotel is everyone thinking on staying at