PDA

View Full Version : Disapointing Fans in and around 106

TFC FORZA RPB
07-01-2008, 09:14 PM
so i bring my dad to the game his first my 8th or 9th,

not a single person chanted, other then one guy in 107 he was trying to get it started, not a single person sang our national anthem other then myself, and to top it all off every 3 seconds someone walking through the isles blocking everyones view.

Now I can understand that it wasnt sold out as it has been a long weekend and everyone was away, but come on. And for the most part it was all families in and around 106, it was almost like being at the ACC sold out with nothing but business people who all got free tickets to a game they dont understand or care about, and same goes for their country.

I want seasons, but i think if im at 107 or around 107 im out.

rant

yanggoh
07-01-2008, 09:16 PM
That's usually a given. If you're farther over than 110, prepare to be dead silent and sit down or get yelled at. That's been my experience outside the South End, anyway.

Dredg_XI
07-01-2008, 09:19 PM
I was in 125 today. First time out of 112. The NEE are kick ass. But there was a fair share of idiots saying things and not knowing what the hell they were talking about.

Keep in mind, most of the people in the stadium have probably never played football besides a kickabout.

Blizzard
07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I was in 125 today. First time out of 112. The NEE are kick ass. But there was a fair share of idiots saying things and not knowing what the hell they were talking about.

Keep in mind, most of the people in the stadium have probably never played football besides a kickabout.

Some new guys behind me in 113 today. To their credit, they were doing their best to sing along but were a bit over their head but they did try.

What made me laugh was how they kept saying things like "ya, I could play with those guys!"

ROTFLOL

No they weren't Huckerby or Dickov.

B

Dredg_XI
07-01-2008, 09:32 PM
What made me laugh was how they kept saying things like "ya, I could play with those guys!"

B

Sounds like your typical shaved head, female-sunglass-wearing guido from 113.

greatwhitenorf
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Sec. 106 is a very special place.

A place to pause, to ponder, and to reflect.

A place to weigh life's wonders, count one's blessings, call one's friends. Often.

It is not a place to make a ripple, ruffle a feather or rise up and roar.

No.

It is a place where Arsenal fans would feel at home. And they do.

Kindly note the 'Do Not Disturb' signs posted on stairwells as you enter. And abide accordingly.

Corcai
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I sat in 219 with my buddy from Portsmouth. Pretty much every match I have been to has been in 112

Our seats were next to the stairs, and my buddy could not believe that people can't sit for 45 minutes and watch the match and wait for the half to get their hotdogs, Pizza, etc. We agreed that emergency pisses were understandable, but by the end of the match we agreed that we were forced to watch more hotdog, Pizza eating non fans ( who started leaving in the 73rd minute) than we may have actually have watched the 2nd half.

From now on, If I'm not in the 112, I'm watching the match at home.

Bars92
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I sat in 219 with my buddy from Portsmouth. Pretty much every match I have been to has been in 112

Our seats were next to the stairs, and my buddy could not believe that people can't sit for 45 minutes and watch the match and wait for the half to get their hotdogs, Pizza, etc. We agreed that emergency pisses were understandable, but by the end of the match we agreed that we were forced to watch more hotdog, Pizza eating non fans ( who started leaving in the 73rd minute) than we may have actually have watched the 2nd half.

From now on, If I'm not in the 112, I'm watching the match at home.

Yeah, well said. Its supporters section or NEE section, or TV.

TFC Via Buffalo
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
so i bring my dad to the game his first my 8th or 9th,

not a single person chanted, other then one guy in 107 he was trying to get it started, not a single person sang our national anthem other then myself, and to top it all off every 3 seconds someone walking through the isles blocking everyones view.

Now I can understand that it wasnt sold out as it has been a long weekend and everyone was away, but come on. And for the most part it was all families in and around 106, it was almost like being at the ACC sold out with nothing but business people who all got free tickets to a game they dont understand or care about, and same goes for their country.

I want seasons, but i think if im at 107 or around 107 im out.

rant

Top row of 108 was pretty much empty. Had a few people down and to the left in 109 who were into it, which was a change from the usual silence. My friend and I were trying to be pretty loud, but you can only do so much when EVERYONE is sitting besides us. For God sakes, please let 2 seats open in the South End so I can get the hell out of here!!!

Oh, and not singing the Canadian National Anthem on CANADA DAY is a disgrace. I fucking sang every word and I'm not even a citizen. Nobody sang around me either. That's pathetic. Fuck those people.

Laurignano
07-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Dude where were you in 106? Didnt you see how crazy I got everyone going at the top?!

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
was in 111 top half of it
and it was my first time there
def thought the atmosphere in 111 woulda been better
other than the first 7 or so rows it was dead.

Blazer
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
was in 111 top half of it
and it was my first time there
def thought the atmosphere in 111 woulda been better
other than the first 7 or so rows it was dead.

This is usually the case with the upper half of 111.

Roogsy
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Some new guys behind me in 113 today. To their credit, they were doing their best to sing along but were a bit over their head but they did try.

ROTFLOL

No they weren't Huckerby or Dickov.

B

Were they the guys standing by the rails? If so...they're my friends...I play footy with them and no...they can't play with these guys...they THINK they can...but they can't. LOL!

Blizzard
07-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Were they the guys standing by the rails? If so...they're my friends...I play footy with them and no...they can't play with these guys...they THINK they can...but they can't. LOL!

LOL. No, they were about five or six rows from the front.

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
This is usually the case with the upper half of 111.

was in section 21 and it wasnt the best atmosphere.

Dredg_XI
07-02-2008, 08:02 AM
I was in 125 yesterday, since I don't have my 112 tickets for this season. But I got the section up, which seemed to get most of the west stand up, just by saying "get the fuck up"

a lot of people laughed, some moms shook their heads...but everyone got up.

jrobs11
07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Top row of 108 was pretty much empty. Had a few people down and to the left in 109 who were into it, which was a change from the usual silence. My friend and I were trying to be pretty loud, but you can only do so much when EVERYONE is sitting besides us. For God sakes, please let 2 seats open in the South End so I can get the hell out of here!!!

Oh, and not singing the Canadian National Anthem on CANADA DAY is a disgrace. I fucking sang every word and I'm not even a citizen. Nobody sang around me either. That's pathetic. Fuck those people.

ha ya it was kind of nice being at the top of 109, so I could chant and not get told to sit down.. usually down in 109 row 19 it's a problem but we got tix further up for this game.

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Sec. 106 is a very special place.

A place to pause, to ponder, and to reflect.

A place to weigh life's wonders, count one's blessings, call one's friends. Often.

It is not a place to make a ripple, ruffle a feather or rise up and roar.

No.

It is a place where Arsenal fans would feel at home. And they do.

Kindly note the 'Do Not Disturb' signs posted on stairwells as you enter. And abide accordingly.

hahahaha classy.

djking2
07-02-2008, 11:08 AM
hell man I'm three rows in front of you in 109. With pachuco over in 112 yesterday we got the heat from the new fans. they didn't complain long