PDA

View Full Version : Edu....

Oblio2
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Seriously, what the fuck has happened to this kid. How can someone go to the shits so quickly.
One decent run today but this season has been complete tripe.
I saw some people pissing on Robbo....fuck that shit, Edu is sucking the bag!

NateDoGG
07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
i agree 100%
he was terrible, and has been for awhile now.... he was the laziest player on the pitch today
im really starting to question carvers starting squad selections.......

106-12
07-01-2008, 09:22 PM
10000% right EDU and ROBINSON never want to shoot the damn ball and it is killing me. I'm dying because of this. EDU also keeps turning around himself every time he gets the ball. Can somebody please talk to him about this.

werewolf
07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
well Robinson does want to shoot from time to time, the thing is, he shouldn't. Ever. Again.

NateDoGG
07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
i can kick the ball ten times better then robo.. he should NEVER take a shot at net
he has the worst mechanics at striking a ball ive ever seen

werewolf
07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
lets not hijack this though, I agree with the original sentiments, Edu's effort seems to be lacking overall this season. Maybe he has his head in Europe already.

ACSertL
07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
10000% right EDU and ROBINSON never want to shoot the damn ball and it is killing me. I'm dying because of this. EDU also keeps turning around himself every time he gets the ball. Can somebody please talk to him about this.

Edu had a few decent attempts today, but still needs to take more shots at the net, but the the desire to have a pop escapes most of our attackers save for Guevara.

Benficachop20
07-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Edu has been very poor this season. Seriously sell him to get as much cash as possible, because really right now this guy should even be starting anyways, buy someone or give on of our youngsters a chance (preferably hemming), because i just had it with edu this season,

106-12
07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Edu had a few decent attempts today, but still needs to take more shots at the net, but the the desire to have a pop escapes most of our attackers save for Guevara.
Yes, but he did not shoot the ball. Even in the box he was trying to pass the ball. He is going to give me heart attack!

ACSertL
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes, but he did not shoot the ball. Even in the box he was trying to pass the ball. He is going to give me heart attack!

I remember Edu taking one shot today that the keeper parried, but yes for the most part he gets far too cute inside the 18.

106-12
07-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I remember Edu taking one shot today that the keeper parried, but yes for the most part he gets far too cute inside the 18.
Thank you. That's my point. I remember the shot he took today. I know he has a very hard shot and it's pissing me off that he's not shooting more.

ACSertL
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Thank you. That's my point. I remember the shot he took today. I know he has a very hard shot and it's pissing me off that he's not shooting more.

You, me, and all of BMO as well my friend.

Torcida
07-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Edu is horrible, worst player today for both sides. Cunningham looked like Maradona next to Maurice.

His first touch is terrible, his passing is horrible, he can't read the game, I cannot believe he is on the USMNT..

ag futbol
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Problem is someone got it into his head that he's an attacking mid (and we have Robinson playing in his natural position). Guy wants to run at defenders like Messi but won't stop the counter attack these days.

Again, I'd bring it back to the point that he is playing way out of position. Naturally he is a DM, for the USMNT he plays CB, he far far far away from an effective attacking midfielder. The guy can't link play and he always dribbles into the 2nd defender if he even manages to make it past the first.

Playing two defensive minded central mids is a waste when they can't work together. We need another offensive minded player in there.

camcamy
07-01-2008, 10:19 PM

To be fair, edu had a couple of close shots today.

RPB_TFC_FAN
07-01-2008, 10:22 PM
To be fair, edu had a couple of close shots today.

a couple close shots to my buddy in section 115 row 15.

himself and robbo are clearly not "shooters" and should pass the ball to players making a run on the wings (robert / brennan / ricketts for crosses )

Pryu
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
edu sucked shite today. he looked like his legs were made of lead. not cool at all.

noochie
07-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Normally I am a big Edu supporter but I have found it very hard to find anything positive to say about his or Robbo's performance today.

With Robbo, defence is always his strength although I am starting to think it is a bit of an illusion... it seems like he is tackling opposing players that he has just given the ball to, far too often.

Derko
07-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I have been saying all season, that Edu is having a sophomore year, he looks totally lost, bad passes, afraid to strike the ball, I know Robbo can't shoot for his life, but at least he struck the ball (badly), why do TFC not strike the ball when there is a chance to do so!! You have to shoot the ball for it to go in the net,simple.

ExiledRed
07-01-2008, 10:46 PM
why does he keep tripping on the ball? He should have won it for us today, with the chances he fumbled. And he wasn't the only one, what the fuck is wrong with our team?

noochie
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
^^ I think they fear white netting... perhaps a switch to black or something pretty?

ag futbol
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM
why does he keep tripping on the ball? He should have won it for us today, with the chances he fumbled. And he wasn't the only one, what the fuck is wrong with our team?

Looking back, this is why I was shocked people looked at Victor Pacheco like he was worthless. Given, he problably wasn't going to be effective in MLS (as he was too small) but...

The guy could make and receive a pass, and make breaking runs through the centre. Didn't play defense (most AM's don't do much, Edu certainly doesn't think he has to for some reason). We definately need more guys who can do that in the centre of midfield. Relying on just your support striker and wingers to create, is too old school. You need a guy in the centre who can get the ball to all areas of the field.

The defensive mid is too far behind the play to link and Edu can't move the ball in the centre, we end up playing channel football or dragging Guevarra away from areas he needs to be in order to be dangerous.

noochie
07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Neither Robbo or Edu have been particularly adept at moving the ball up the middle lately.

Blazer
07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Seriously, what the fuck has happened to this kid. How can someone go to the shits so quickly.
One decent run today but this season has been complete tripe.
I saw some people pissing on Robbo....fuck that shit, Edu is sucking the bag!

Have you ever truly seen potential in him though? I’ve still yet to see a game from him and be left saying to myself, “Wow, that Edu kid is special”.

colman1860
07-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Someone explain to my how Edu is a mainstay in the US national side which Wynne cant get a game.

noochie
07-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Someone explain to my how Edu is a mainstay in the US national side which Wynne cant get a game.

They don't get TFC broadcasts on the ol' boob tube south of the border perhaps? :) lol

Blazer
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
More depth on their national team's back line is the only explanation.

Steve
07-02-2008, 08:00 AM

Edu's problem is he bought his own hype. He heard the rumours of going over to Europe, and considers himself an all-star. Now, he doesn't seem to realise that he's currently playing with people who came from the very teams he wants to go to. Edu needs to settle down, and get the fuck back to learning mode. Last year he was good because he knew he had a lot to learn, and even when he screwed up, he made sure to correct it for next game. This year he seems to think he's learned everything he can on this side of the pond, so he's trying to showboat (sorry bud, you have some ball skill, but if you go around 3 defenders and lose the ball to a fourth, you might as well have just given it to the first one to challenge you).

As for Robinson, you're on crack. Robinson does shoot, he just shouldn't. He's a solid defensive mid, controls the middle of the pitch, but if you put the ball on his feet expecting him to shoot, it's not going on. Every time Robinson gets the ball (And is free and clear) at the top of the box, I just start laughing. I don't even get excited anymore. I know it's going into the stands. I don't even get pissed at Robinson, I mean, that's not his strength, and bless him for trying. Edu can shoot (if he starts settling down) Robinson can't, and he's not going to learn how now.

TFCREDNWHITE
07-02-2008, 08:08 AM
I was sooo pissed at EDU yesterday!! I mean come on, the guy is horse shit!! He needs to get his fucking act together.