PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Van City March 19?

zackdotcom
03-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Is anyone making the trek? Is there a forum for this? I'm a TFC supporter and will be up from Portland Oregon.

Staying on the waterfront, have we a bar to go to pre and post, I know from Timbers road trips the Caps fans can be real dickheads.

Let me know!

Zach

prizby
03-03-2011, 08:19 AM
due to Canadian law, the forum for the trip planning is on the members only section

pekduck
03-03-2011, 08:20 AM
actually Travel Industry Commission of Ontario

but anyway, there will be approx 50-60 TFC fans going from the sources I know, there hasn't been a dedicated bar that i'm aware of

pekduck
03-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Is anyone making the trek? Is there a forum for this? I'm a TFC supporter and will be up from Portland Oregon.

Staying on the waterfront, have we a bar to go to pre and post, I know from Timbers road trips the Caps fans can be real dickheads.

Let me know!

Zach

tell us something we don't already know :D

Oldtimer
03-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Join the Red Patch Boys instead of just lurking on here and you can participate.

Mark TFC
03-03-2011, 10:10 AM
^ When does membership for 2011 begin?

Auzzy
03-03-2011, 10:19 AM
It seems the OP from Portland has already planned his own trip. I don't think TICO will have a problem with people talking about which bar they might go to before & after the game, or how many people might be coming.

I realize that other travel details can only be discussed in the members' area.

McBrace
03-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Mark TFC See the link below.

http://redpatchboys.ca/signup.htm

Parkdale
03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
the whole 'which bar' thing usually works itself out the night before the game.

planning is going into it... and info will come out as needed

Suds
03-03-2011, 10:36 AM

Let me know!

Zach

There a decent sized group going. Some of us have booked at a hotel in Yaletown, but as long as you're in the downtown area everything is close.

People have been throwing out suggestions for a pub/bar to meet at. As Parky noted, it will likely get sorted out closer to the day.

When do you arrive in Vancouver?

zackdotcom
03-03-2011, 11:33 AM
due to Canadian law, the forum for the trip planning is on the members only section

WTF? really ? Why?

BTW... im not a lurker i just joined not to long ago... Besides I comment enough on their FB page. We all know of the problems with this team...

This will be my 6th road trip to see TFC, SEA (2), SJ (2), and LA (1)

Looking forward to it.

someone mentioned pressbox? I really like REDCARD for a bar, its an italian soccer bar downtown... Awesome place great food...

It is tough I barely ever see fans in SEA or SJ so I am hoping to find and meet more TFC fans this trip, im in Friday.

And I know van city like the back of my hand worked and lived there for 2 months last year, if you need advice or assistance let me know, also if you are coming out in summer for the TIMBERS game let me know I want to put together a BBQ and bar for us here. I hate timbers kneeball!!!

My FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1185808320

Mark TFC
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Mark TFC See the link below.

http://redpatchboys.ca/signup.htm

Thanks!

Vancity RED
03-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey man - good to meet ya. I'm an RPB living in Vancouver so I'm pretty stoked about the opener. Always good to meet TFC fans that live out here. Look forward to meeting everyone for beers.

Oldtimer
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
WTF? really ? Why?

Travel Agency law in Ontario. The RPB is not a licensed travel agency. Only paid members can participate in group travel.

Membership is only $20, it has it's privileges, and it pays for this board and other things.

Dunkers
03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Travel Agency law in Ontario. The RPB is not a licensed travel agency. Only paid members can participate in group travel.

Membership is only $20, it has it's privileges, and it pays for this board and other things.

I think this stuff is always way over the top on this board. Its not like anyone is asking for Flight Info or Hotel Room Blocks. One fan wants to meet up with others who have a similar interest, and has inquired where to meet, no need to force memberships on ppl living in Portland

Auzzy
03-03-2011, 04:02 PM
^ I'm gonna grab some popcorn for this...

Parkdale
03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I think this stuff is always way over the top on this board. Its not like anyone is asking for Flight Info or Hotel Room Blocks. One fan wants to meet up with others who have a similar interest, and has inquired where to meet, no need to force memberships on ppl living in Portland

you try getting threatened with lawsuits, then see if your response is over the top. (and that has happened, so that's why people get their backs up really quickly about travel talk)

while I think this thread is mostly harmless (and not a bad thing to have) as soon as people start talking about hotels, flights and things that a travel agency would care about, we have to take it to a private area.

like I said earlier in the thread, the info on where people are having beers always comes out a night or two before the game. No worries

Darlofletch
03-03-2011, 04:15 PM
so is membership now accepting applications? front page says coming soon.

Oldtimer
03-03-2011, 04:16 PM
so is membership now accepting applications? front page says coming soon.

yep, you can sign up now.

Oldtimer
03-03-2011, 04:18 PM
^ I'm gonna grab some popcorn for this...

Go to the Cann thread instead.:lurk5: Much more interesting.

Darlofletch
03-03-2011, 04:18 PM
yep, you can sign up now.

well ok then. think I might just do that.

Dunkers
03-03-2011, 04:29 PM
I just think this process should use some discretion, I remember the days, when ppl would post hotel accommodations and room blocks for group discounts on the forum, and I understand that is illegal according to the laws in Ontario.

On the other hand, there is noting illegal about saying "I will be having a beer in Yaletown before the match as it is close to my accommodations." I find it very discouraging when you go to a road game, and try to meet up with other fans before the game, and someone posts about not being able to talk about this, as it is illegal. People post on the forum all the time about going to Joes/Scallywags for pre/post match drinks, I dont see this as being any different.

Carts
03-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Go to the Cann thread instead.:lurk5: Much more interesting.

It's a Law Class in there right now...

Instead of popcorn you need a legal sized notepad (the yellow paper of course), a pencil, and a smokin hot assistant ;)

Carts... :D

TFCRegina
03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
It's a Law Class in there right now...

Instead of popcorn you need a legal sized notepad (the yellow paper of course), a pencil, and a smokin hot assistant ;)

Carts... :D

Actually it's more of an economics class.

http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploads/2007/12/5/stein_bueller_3.gif

SilverSamurai
03-03-2011, 07:45 PM

For a sec there, I was thinking RPB was going to open it's own travel "company". Wait a second... this might be an idea...:D