PDA

View Full Version : Whitecaps & TFC matches on Bell mobile phones!

Oldtimer
03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
http://www.telecompaper.com/news/bell-to-show-whitecaps-fc-matches-live-on-mobile-phones

We get the TSN matches, Whitecaps get all their matches on their phones (Bell is their sponsor).

Canadian operator Bell will make all Vancouver Whitecaps FC matches available live on Bell mobile phones. All home and away matches of a Major League Soccer (MLS) Club will be available live on mobile. With TSN as the MLS Official Broadcaster, Whitecaps FC fans will have their choice of watching matches in High Definition on TSN and TSN2, all Whitecaps FC games on the regional broadcast and now on Bell mobile phones and tablets with Bell Mobile TV. In addition to all Whitecaps FC matches, Bell mobile customers will also have access to 24 MLS matches featuring Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC on TSN and TSN2, as well as the MLS All-Star Game, MLS Playoffs and the MLS Cup. Bell Mobility customers can purchase ten hours of the Mobile TV Sports package for CAD 5 per month. This includes access to live games and highlights from the NHL, NFL and MLS Official Broadcaster matches and Vancouver Whitecaps FC.

kodiakTFC
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
how much data would a 90 minute match use?

Milky
03-02-2011, 11:20 AM
^ Doesn't matter. For Whitecrap matches the only enjoyable part for their supporters to watch would be the opening whistle. After that you can delete the rest of the file. ;)

DangerRed
03-02-2011, 11:23 AM
^ Doesn't matter. For Whitecrap matches the only enjoyable part for their supporters to watch would be the opening whistle. After that you can delete the rest of the file. ;)

I like your optimism. I'll be sure to note it when the Whitecaps make the playoffs before we do. ;)

zeelaw
03-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Hhnhhmmmmmm, maybe useful in a pinch lol

Alonso
03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I remember when Rogers did this for the world cup last time around. Brought a smile to my face, I watched at least four games on my phone while in class, on the road (responsibly of course) and events etc.

Oldtimer
03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I like your optimism. I'll be sure to note it when the Whitecaps make the playoffs before we do. ;)

You seem awfully sure of that. It could happen, but I'm unimpressed with Vancouver's moves so far.

Carts
03-02-2011, 02:20 PM
how much data would a 90 minute match use?

Would be very usefull if you're stuck at work/school or anywhere else you can rip-off free wifi (Starbucks etc)...

Milky
03-03-2011, 04:40 AM
DangerRed, I agree that Vancouver seem more likely to make the playoffs than we do at the moment, but they are our rivals. We have to hate them. Plus, they're annoying. Can't wait to hear them whine about another Canadian Cup conspiracy against them.