PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis?

jloome
02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Anyone even see him get preseason minutes? Guy was a stud in midfield for Seattle for 20 games last year, having a kind of breakout. And is supposed to be able to play both flanks as well.

Injured?

Darlofletch
02-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I've wondered the same thing myself, can't find any info about him being injured, but he's also never really been mentioned in any of the pre-season. he definitely didn't play in orlando, was he even in Turkey?

he can play full back as well right? we definitely need help there. it's all very strange.

TFC07
02-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Wild guess: he doesn't want to be here or our new coaching staff don't like him. I think TFC is looking to trade him.

anonymiss
02-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Agreed. Rather conspicuous by his absence...

mastermixer
02-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Oooh another TFC mystery!

http://literalminded.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/scooby-doo-tv-01.jpg

Carts
02-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Wild guess: he doesn't want to be here or our new coaching staff don't like him. I think TFC is looking to trade him.

Right now, this appears to be the most likely scenario...

Hopefully its not...

Carts...

MartinUtd
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Oooh another TFC mystery!

http://literalminded.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/scooby-doo-tv-01.jpg

LOL... well played

Red CB Toronto
02-28-2011, 05:38 PM
He did play in 2 of the 3 games in Turkey if that means anything.

ensco
02-28-2011, 09:10 PM
If he's being moved, here's a prediction. No one else out there, thinks that guys that were on expansion draft lists are worth first rounders.

prizby
03-01-2011, 12:04 AM
luke said in saturday's chat that sturgis injured himself week before orlando; should be back for charlston (I think)

Thrillos
03-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Don't expect him to stick around, I've got it on good word that he is not impressing at all.

prizby
03-01-2011, 08:20 PM
^ we wouldn't have traded a first rounder just to let him go

AL-MO
03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
^ we wouldn't have traded a first rounder just to let him go

..and that was before Winter was hired.

TFC/Everton
03-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Time to face facts. this is another rebuilding year.

prizby
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
..and that was before Winter was hired. and after jurgen was hired and it was determined what style of play we wanted to play...and probably who we were going to go after

Thrillos
03-01-2011, 08:46 PM
It was Cochrane who made the move for Sturgis. I've been told that he did that move all on his own with out consulting Klinsmann.

Also, I don't expect Cochrane to be sticking around for much longer....

bgnewf
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
It was Cochrane who made the move for Sturgis. I've been told that he did that move all on his own with out consulting Klinsmann.

with all due respect to you is this opinion or fact?

Opinion... all well and good.

Fact? We need some confirmation before we take your word for it.... again with all due respect.

prizby
03-01-2011, 09:15 PM
with all due respect to you is this opinion or fact?

Opinion... all well and good.

Fact? We need some confirmation before we take your word for it.... again with all due respect.

i remember last year he posting stuff like this; don't remember it being to reliable

let me try an example of what he is doing here.

I talked to someone who follows TFC and they think that Nana Attakora is going to be transfered soon, so expect him to be transfered soon...it is reliable because this person knows his stuff

real reliable

Darlofletch
03-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Hopefully it is just an injury and he will be around, though the first rounder was probably a bit high, especially when compared to what all the other expansion draftees who were traded cost, he should be a good player, borderline starter/bench depth at a few different positions.

Thrillos
03-02-2011, 12:13 AM
i remember last year he posting stuff like this; don't remember it being to reliable

I talked to someone who follows TFC and they think that Nana Attakora is going to be transfered soon, so expect him to be transfered soon...it is reliable because this person knows his stuff

real reliable

Its a fact....

Also, I wasn't posting on here this time last year.

I can't say who told me obviously.

and you can believe me or not, I don't care i'm just letting people know if they want to know

Gazza_55
03-02-2011, 01:30 AM
If he's being moved, here's a prediction. No one else out there, thinks that guys that were on expansion draft lists are worth first rounders.

No kidding. And our pick that we gave up was 8th overall - just incredible.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-02-2011, 06:28 AM
people put way too much value on the draft

Oldtimer
03-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Also, I wasn't posting on here this time last year.

That is correct. I post in 2008, 1 post in 2009, and then regular posting from last September.

Oldtimer
03-02-2011, 07:02 AM

This is the obvious truth, and we don't need "insider information" to realize that. Insider information will be confirming what we already know to be true (although we always hope for better).

poppamidnight
03-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Flip-side: people put way too much value on "experienced" players

e.g. How long was Nana sitting on our bench behind "experienced" garbage?

TFC07
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM

If you're right about Cochrane making that trade all by himself, then I hope he gets punish for that.

rocker
03-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Winter says in a TFC TV video today that Sturgis did not play well in Turkey but has been "brought back" for Charleston.

mastermixer
03-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Winter says in a TFC TV video today that Sturgis did not play well in Turkey but has been "brought back" for Charleston.

So by stating that he's saying he's got better players lined up? Lets see...

Beach_Red
03-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Hasn't Mariner been successful with the daft?

ExiledRed
03-03-2011, 11:36 AM

real reliable

Its a fact....

I wasn't posting on here this time last year.

That is correct. I post in 2008, 1 post in 2009, and then regular posting from last September.

hahaha talk about unreliable information from poor sources......That's hilarious. You should apologise.

Ossington Mental Youth
03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Hasn't Mariner been successful with the daft?

sure but this was made before we had mariner as well as even then its a gamble (that being said i wouldnt be mad with mariner picking for us)

MG42
03-03-2011, 11:44 AM

real reliable

you're too much

sashavukelich
03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
in the Charleston Day 1 Video, Coach Winter sheds some light on this situation. Said that Sturgis wasn't up to it in Turkey and now he's back with the team (maybe Winter realizes he needs competent bodies...)

Carts
03-03-2011, 01:50 PM

The sad thing is, its not really "rebuilding" if year after year we're bad... :(

I hope its a "rebuilding" year, meaning we do build and get better build to the future - but if its just another losing season, than its far from rebuilding... :(

Ok, happy times...!!!

Go Leafs Go... (ooops)

Carts... ;)

DangerRed
03-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Winter says clearly in the video:

"I wasn't satisfied with his performance in Turkey and in Toronto."

He says Sturgis is in Charleston because that's where he can train best right now, as opposed to staying in Toronto.

My bet is that we deal the guy, and soon, or bench him as a sub for most of the games this year unless we really don't add any more depth.

Darlofletch
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
seems like he was definitely on the outs, maybe the cann issue has convinced winter he needs all the warm bodies he can get so give him another chance.

or he's trying to showcase him to try get more in a trade. little bit of extra allocation money or something.

Thrillos
03-03-2011, 06:02 PM

real reliable

In light of the Winter interview today, I wouldn't mind an apology.... haha