PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs. Orlando City pre-season match thread 6PM

dantdot
02-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Stream and chat: http://www.torontofc.ca/node/5998

#TFC Starting XI -> Kocic, Gargan, Hunter, Cann, Yourassowsky, Stinson, de Heus, De Rosario, Soolsma, Gay, Martina

Red CB Toronto
02-26-2011, 05:54 PM
It will be interesting to watch, I wonder if any of the usefulness has been lost due to the fact the opponent is Orlando City and not a MLS team.

Serb_Star
02-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Hunter? is that an Academy kid or a trialist that I haven't heard of yet.

LesH
02-26-2011, 06:02 PM
WTF?
There is some NCA basketball game on the TFC live channel!

LesH
02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
WOW, Yourassowski is shite!

rocktml
02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
wtf we have a bunch of shoemakers on our team

jloome
02-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Anybody else having major buffering problems?

TFCwestcan
02-26-2011, 06:15 PM
ahh, it's unwatchable, both on the TFC site and the MLs site. I guess I'll watch some EPL

dantdot
02-26-2011, 06:17 PM
It's working perfect here.

LesH
02-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Anybody else having major buffering problems?

me too...

ag futbol
02-26-2011, 06:29 PM
My stream has been terrible.

going to try mlssoccer.com

LesH
02-26-2011, 06:30 PM
mine it's OK for the last 5-6 mins

LesH
02-26-2011, 06:31 PM
We had a ton of turnovers in our back 1/3

razor787
02-26-2011, 06:33 PM
mines been flawless.

TFC hasnt impressed me yet. Seen a bunch of mistakes by our guys already.

ps. It feels really good to be back in a thread, talking about TFC.

Auzzy
02-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Stream is great for me once again; teksavvy.com is my ISP ;)

TFC not so great though... :(

Auzzy
02-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Man, 3rd-division Orlando mostly passing much better than TFC.

Why is Orlando always left so much time & space to do whatever they want?

ag futbol
02-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Man, 3rd-division Orlando mostly passing much better than TFC.

Why is Orlando always left so much time & space to do whatever they want?
My stream has been incredibly bad but I noticed the same thing. We have some major improvement to do...

ExiledRed
02-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Great to see 'inchy' after all these years.

Red CB Toronto
02-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Ugly first half, without Milos being on the Reds could have been down by a goal or two.

Eastend
02-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Are we playing a lot of on trial players or is this our "first team" that's playing this bad?

LesH
02-26-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't know about you guys...

But after 1 and 1/2 games at this tourney, even if I know it does not mean much, there are too many trialists, Winter is still experimenting, etc, etc, but after Turkey I'm much disappointed in what I see so far.

Darlofletch
02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Are we playing a lot of on trial players or is this our "first team" that's playing this bad?

two definite first teamers, then a bunch of triallists/academy kids/new signings who might be first teamers who knows.

we've played about as well as you'd expect with that mix.

TFCRegina
02-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Defenders aren't very good getting the ball forward. I've been raging on the live chat about it...

Darlofletch
02-26-2011, 06:59 PM

But after 1 and 1/2 games at this tourney, even if I know it does not mean much, there are too many trialists, Winter is still experimenting, etc, etc, but after Turkey I'm much disappointed in what I see so far.

yeah, there's going to be a lot of patience needed this year.

look very uncomfortbale bringing the ball out of defence again, jdg can't come back quick enough to help with that.

ag futbol
02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Defenders aren't very good getting the ball forward. I've been raging on the live chat about it...
Who is starting in the backline?

That being said I'm not overly surprised. This team was previously not built to play the ball out of the back. While Cann and Attakora might be strong challenging attackers, they are below average with the ball.

TFC/Everton
02-26-2011, 07:02 PM
No JDG, no Nana, no Santos, this is not our starting 11.

TFCRegina
02-26-2011, 07:02 PM

That being said I'm not overly surprised. This team was previously not built to play the ball out of the back. While Cann and Attakora might be strong challenging attackers, they are below average with the ball.

Gargan - Hunter - Cann - And Unsure

LesH
02-26-2011, 07:04 PM

Exactly.
This is a huge problem Winter will need to solve somehow. The 2 rocks of our 2010 defense do not fit in Winter's system so far.

TFCRegina
02-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Exactly.
This is a huge problem Winter will need to solve somehow.

No doubt. When we've gotten the ball into the midfield and forward, we play well, nice attacking runs, nice little plays, and when we play it in our third, we turn it over faster than you can say Ryan Leaf.

J .
02-26-2011, 07:11 PM
We cant pass it around the mid because our midfielders and forwards move horribly off the ball, if at all. Obviously they do not understand that positioning doesnt mean standing in one position. I feel bad for our backline, when they do not have the skill, to not be assisted by the mid.

ag futbol
02-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Whoever is playing DM right now is doing a piss poor job of showing for the ball.

samconnie
02-26-2011, 07:30 PM
piece of shit football

Auzzy
02-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Midfield at least as much of the problem with moving the ball out of the back as the defense. Only 3 in the MF means they will be under lots of pressure, need much better off-ball movement, perfect first touch, good dribbling in tight spaces & great quick passing. We barely have anyone who can do that.

Plus plenty of problems in other areas as well. Awful crosses, corners & free kicks. Weak shots. I don't see much good movement by the forwards either...

ag futbol
02-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Play seems to have picked up over the last few minutes.

Santos making a difference up top with his ability to shoot from distance.

Pachuco
02-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow those defenders are fucking terrible

Yohan
oh wow. TFC looked like amateurs on defence there

ag futbol
sloppy @ the back once again. Nice goal though, for a USL team they don't seem to lack skill.

Who was that who slid across the defender? report to the dog house for that one.

Kaz
02-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Things better improve a great deal come the beginning of the season.

TFCRegina
02-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Let me reiterate, our defense was shit when we were founded, has been shit since then, and continues to be shit.

The reason we scored almost no goals last year was because we had to play so negatively so they weren't shit.

ag futbol
02-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Let me reiterate, our defense was shit when we were founded, has been shit since then, and continues to be shit.

The reason we scored almost no goals last year was because we had to play so negatively so they weren't shit.
I agree with this completely. Attakora is about the only one I'd vouch for.

I have to say, despite the fact we are losing, I've never seen TFC knock the ball around like this, which is a good sign.

downside is i think we'll need something in the range of a dp defender and attacker to make a 4-3-3 work.

Pachuco
02-26-2011, 07:51 PM

I have to say, despite the fact we are losing, I've never seen TFC knock the ball around like this, which is a good sign.

downside is i think we'll need something in the range of a dp defender and attacker to make a 4-3-3 work.

I think Cann is better then Nana. But there are both very good defenders. That's about all we have though.

TheKing7
02-26-2011, 07:55 PM

were gonna need improvements all over the pitch...

Yohan
02-26-2011, 07:57 PM
well, not many MLS CBs are good with ball on their feet. actually, TFC had one. his name was Adrian Serioux. lol

ArmenJBX
02-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Pathetic, pathetic midfield.
Literally no creativity AT ALL.

The reason that 4-3-3 works is because the midfielders are creative and move OFF the ball, not just on it.

Xavi and Iniesta, case in point. They do more running off the ball, moving into position for pass reception. We're not doing that at all, so the link from Defense to Offense is severed.

Aron Winter needs to work on this squad still. We're not close to being done.

TOBOR !
02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Result ?

TFC/Everton
02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Good passing, shit defense, shit in the final 3rd. This is pre season. Man U tied the Union in their pre season. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

kodiakTFC
02-26-2011, 07:59 PM
1-0 Orlando final

tfc007
02-26-2011, 08:02 PM
WE Fucken Suck,Start Drinking Guys Its going to be a long season!

Aroundtheworld
02-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Preseason with a new system, so we should expect things to be very much a work in progress. You could see that the timing was off and first touch left a lot to be desired many times.

However, there were some promising signs:

Omphroy definitely appears to be a decent passer. Had some nice ones which showed real vision. Needs to work on his first touch as they were several instances where the ball got caught in his feet.
Makubuya showed some promising dribbling and ambition to take players on

ManUtd4ever
02-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Ouch!

Auzzy
02-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Man, considering there were lots of players w/o a firm contract playing for TFC, I was missing some urgency from many of them. When TFC had the ball, Orlando closed down immediately. When Orlando had the ball, TFC jogged around a bit. There were perhaps 15 minutes where Toronto applied some pressure.

LesH
02-26-2011, 08:09 PM

This.

Roogsy
02-26-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't think we can measure this team yet without seeing what it can do with JDG back in the fold.

bigtfcfan
02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
wow this team sucks. that's all i can say

Roogsy
02-26-2011, 08:20 PM
It does. But it's a team still being built. Winter can't build it in a month, which essentially he would have had to do for this team NOT to suck. If this team sucks it's because management took forever to get something put in place.

As for Winter, and this team, they can lose every single preseason game they want. Have fun doing it. Because come the first game of the season, I expect better. Until then I won't condemn this team. But if we don't at least compete on a nightly basis and retain our NCC title, I will be pissed.

LesH
02-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't like at all what I've seen so far, but we need to calm down.

How long's been Winter with the boys? 3-4 weeks?
A system like this will need 2-3 months to be mastered, and I'd very surprised if until the Vancouver game the team will be ready to play the system... no matter how good Winter may be.

So I'm not expecting much from the first 3-4 regular season games, and none of us should, seriously!

Whoop
02-26-2011, 08:30 PM
I agree with Roogsy. LOL

Where's all the optimism from the results from Turkey? LOL

Preseason is preseason. If the team still sucks during regular season then there's trouble.

Really other than Barrett, what other player has TFC lost that would be missed this season? And even Barrett's loss would be considered negligible.

Laurignano
02-26-2011, 08:33 PM
its only preseason...but then again I'm not expecting any miracles this season either.

TFCRegina
02-26-2011, 08:41 PM
I agree with Roogsy. LOL

Where's all the optimism from the results from Turkey? LOL

Preseason is preseason. If the team still sucks during regular season then there's trouble.

Really other than Barrett, what other player has TFC lost that would be missed this season? And even Barrett's loss would be considered negligible.

I guess I'm just struggling with the fact that we have nobody on the backline. I don't care if we sign 2 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to the backline on DP contracts, we need to get it done. The backline needs reinforcements. It was weak last year, it was weak the year before that and before that.

The backline needs improvement and really nothing has been done to change it's status as shit.

I get where you're coming from but I haven't seen real improvement in the back 4 so far.

The positive: the Midfield and attackers are knocking the ball around nicely

But the negative is that unless the defense can get the midfield the ball, this team isn't able to have that positive.

We played half the match in our own 3rd of the pitch (the first half) and you can't play like that. That cuts your chances of scoring in half (or more, since tired defenders on the other team are more likely to make mistakes - if they aren't challenged, they aren't going to be as tired).

J .
02-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Hey at least they are playing attractive football, you know keeping the ball on the ground. Great stuff. Looks like winning football to me... Really does.

Pachuco
02-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Hey at least they are playing attractive football, you know keeping the ball on the ground. Great stuff. Looks like winning football to me... Really does.

So you are giving Winter three weeks to build a team and implement his system? You crack me up man.

ManUtd4ever
02-26-2011, 09:00 PM
It's never fun losing against a team like Orlando, but seriously, these games mean squat. The backline and midfield that played tonight will not be starting on opening night against Vancouver. What matters most is the performance of the projected starters and key bench players. These tournaments are primarily beneficial in that Winter can evaluate trialists and implement his system.

gracos
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Im disappointed, but we will always have an opportunity to do better, at our next game

torontocelt
02-26-2011, 09:10 PM
[quote=TFCRegina;1232654]I guess I'm just struggling with the fact that we have nobody on the backline. I don't care if we sign 2 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to the backline on DP contracts, we need to get it done. The backline needs reinforcements. It was weak last year, it was weak the year before that and before that.

The backline needs improvement and really nothing has been done to change it's status as shit.

I get where you're coming from but I haven't seen real improvement in the back 4 so far.

But the negative is that unless the defense can get the midfield the ball, this team isn't able to have that positive.

We played half the match in our own 3rd of the pitch (the first half) and you can't play like that. That cuts your chances of scoring in half (or more, since tired defenders on the other team are more likely to make mistakes - if they aren't challenged, they aren't going to be as tired).

Every part of the team needs improvement apart from goalkeeper. The defense isn't great, the midfield isn't great and attack isn't great. It isn't hard to see why though when you see how much money goes into the team. Even if Mourinho, Wenger or Fergie were in charge there is only so much you can do with with a squad of largely below average players. Winter will have his work cut out for him that much is for sure, hopefully the players pick up but if not it will be interesting to see if Winter changes his style a few months down the line if results are lacking and players seem unable to adapt. It is early doors though, I am sure Winter will be looking to still bring people in and he needs time to implement his beliefs. Tonight though is a bad result, a few wins in preseason is integral to building team confidence in the players themselves and the system they are being asked to learn.

Fushida
02-26-2011, 09:48 PM
so much overreaction over a friendly where half the players are trialists, less than 2 months into a new coach and a new system. nice.

London
02-26-2011, 09:53 PM
bring in a sweeper LOL

boban
02-26-2011, 10:05 PM
bring in a sweeper LOL
Will this one do?

http://www.toonpool.com/user/856/files/road_sweeper_362715.jpg

London
02-26-2011, 10:09 PM
^^^ DERO got a stick????

http://www.gameworldone.com/wp-content/images/posts/diagrams/451sweeper.png

TFCDP
02-26-2011, 11:22 PM
so much overreaction over a friendly where half the players are trialists, less than 2 months into a new coach and a new system. nice.

No kidding... I didn't see the game (at leaf game) but man, some of the comments are crazy... was it really that bad.. Lets not jump off the wagon just yet..

LesH
02-26-2011, 11:32 PM
^^^ DERO got a stick????

http://www.gameworldone.com/wp-content/images/posts/diagrams/451sweeper.png

Man, you beat me to it! :D

Fushida
02-26-2011, 11:49 PM
No kidding... I didn't see the game (at leaf game) but man, some of the comments are crazy... was it really that bad.. Lets not jump off the wagon just yet..

it's been too long, people need something to complain about :)

Torontotonto
02-27-2011, 12:07 AM

First half TFC looked really flat, Orlando carried the first 45.
It's a pre-season tournament at disney, this is the time Winter should be using everyone.
Preki kept trials going into the first 10 matches last year, starting subs in league games that count and sitting out our best.

My dislike of Precki style started on 05/01/10, a Saturday night against RSL away at Rio Tinto 9pm.

Substitutes:
1 - Milos Kocic (G)
27 - Gabe Gala (D)
2 - Sam Cronin (M)
6 - Julian de Guzman (M)
14 - Dwayne De Rosario (S)
23 - Jacob Peterson (S)
17 - O'Brian White (S)

DeRo scores in the 88th, a little too late Pricky.

We will soon see who Winter will choose to be on our squad for 2011.

Really liked the play of Ompheron (however it's spelled) in the 2nd half, some real impressive crosses.

These games right now don't mean F*&^.

:drum::flare::scarf::flare::drum:

Walms
02-27-2011, 12:22 AM

Well Said.

DangerRed
02-27-2011, 12:42 AM

Are you new here?

Well Said.

You are new here.

Keyman
02-27-2011, 12:49 AM
Anyone making broad projections based on how our team has played so far is clearly not thinking straight. A new coach, a new system, and the players, all need time to learn, evolve and adapt. That being said, some of the criticism has to be seen as valid. One is still allowed to be critical, and those that are should not be painted as sardonic doomsayers, which is what people tend to accuse them of being. People just need to stop seeing things as if they're black and white, stop being so sensitive. If someone says we played like shit, and it's a fact, then they're not abandoning all hope. They're just assessing our performance from a single game, and that's entirely reasonable.

J .
02-27-2011, 12:50 AM
So you are giving Winter three weeks to build a team and implement his system? You crack me up man.

No I love how people are saying at least we are keeping it on the ground as though that alone is good enough. Nice of you to single me out. So let me crack you up more.

When something good happens, Ill say it happily and hopefully they will. Until then Ill call it truthfully as it happens. For 90 minutes Ill back the squad endlessly, but in between games its time to be realistic. Losing to Orlando isnt exactly inspiring of confidence nor is they way they played against Houston inspiring of confidence.

Hilarious.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Dont worry, pachuco was ok with every season so far...and you'll never catch him bitching about certain players.....

boozilla
02-27-2011, 01:47 AM
It's hard to support when it's hard to watch.

jazzy
02-27-2011, 01:56 AM
[quote=TFCRegina;1232654]I guess I'm just struggling with the fact that we have nobody on the backline. I don't care if we sign 2 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to the backline on DP contracts, we need to get it done. The backline needs reinforcements. It was weak last year, it was weak the year before that and before that.

Every part of the team needs improvement apart from goalkeeper. The defense isn't great, the midfield isn't great and attack isn't great. It isn't hard to see why though when you see how much money goes into the team. Even if Mourinho, Wenger or Fergie were in charge there is only so much you can do with with a squad of largely below average players. Winter will have his work cut out for him that much is for sure, hopefully the players pick up but if not it will be interesting to see if Winter changes his style a few months down the line if results are lacking and players seem unable to adapt. It is early doors though, I am sure Winter will be looking to still bring people in and he needs time to implement his beliefs. Tonight though is a bad result, a few wins in preseason is integral to building team confidence in the players themselves and the system they are being asked to learn.

iyii....this is where DeGuzman excells he will drop back take a short pass and control and distribute, all the balls into the midfield. He is our defensive mid........this pro style will fit him like a glove ...btw, lighten up, he's coachin, and experimenting for himself, and the future, not our entertainment.

TFCRegina
02-27-2011, 02:42 AM

I re-iterate. The defense is/was/always will be it seems awful.

The Midfield and attack were fine.

J .
02-27-2011, 03:18 AM

We were not watching the same game. The midfield did nothing in terms of moving off the ball to open up passing lanes, did nothing to maintain long periods of possession and so forth. This system requires the defense to distribute to the midfield. But a midfield without creativity and off the ball movement will strangle distribution.

UltraSuperMegaMo
02-27-2011, 03:39 AM
Meh. Pretty bad. A few nice touches here and there. De Clerk was complaining about a lack of passion on the field, not good thing, especially from players trying to earn a roster spot.

I'd like to see them bring in another centre forward for a look. Maybe the defence and mid. aren't too bad.

LesH
02-27-2011, 03:49 AM

Holy facepalm... the midfield was fine? :facepalm:

mastermixer
02-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Pathetic, pathetic midfield.
Literally no creativity AT ALL.

The reason that 4-3-3 works is because the midfielders are creative and move OFF the ball, not just on it.

Xavi and Iniesta, case in point. They do more running off the ball, moving into position for pass reception. We're not doing that at all, so the link from Defense to Offense is severed.

Aron Winter needs to work on this squad still. We're not close to being done.

That right there.

mastermixer
02-27-2011, 08:23 AM
I don't like at all what I've seen so far, but we need to calm down.

How long's been Winter with the boys? 3-4 weeks?
A system like this will need 2-3 months to be mastered, and I'd very surprised if until the Vancouver game the team will be ready to play the system... no matter how good Winter may be.

So I'm not expecting much from the first 3-4 regular season games, and none of us should, seriously!

Agreed, but you can definately make assumptions based on the talent on the field and unfortunately it doesnt seem up to par for the system Winter wants.

torontocelt
02-27-2011, 10:58 AM
I think people are disappointed because they have seen the same things repeat themselves year after year. Similarities to previous years include:

New manager being brought in, annual squad overhaul.

Squad still not strong enough.

Squad still not complete three weeks before the season is due to start.

Trialists being brought in who no one has ever heard of / no real pedigree.

TFC being defeated by a team most people would consider below them.

Some players on the team not performing to a reasonable standard/ appearing inept.

A quality of football that is very difficult to watch.

Those are just some examples of why people would be scratching their heads thinking 'on no not again'.

When you couple that with everything that happened last season ie Tom Anselmi informing us that the team will improve, the hype of Klinsmann being brought in, the hope that some recognized players would be brought in, all the talk by the media and fans of total football etc then I can see why people are a bit miffed as their expectations were raised.

Of course it is way too early to discount the players and the management team but in my opinion people need to reel in some of their expectations. I would severely doubt we will be seeing total football next season at BMO, at least not by us anyway. We may see a more attacking brand of football but there will be no total football as I just do not think the caliber of players will be high enough to implement that system. TFC players cannot play one touch football, they do not have good enough ball control, they do not move well enough on the ball or off the ball, they lack creativity on the pitch and mentally they are not savvy enough to play interchangeable football. I might be proven wrong but I just cannot see us producing a total football product. That is not to say that Winter wont be successful but for those expecting to see a total football playing team like the dutch from the 70's, well that is not going to happen. I think the loss to Orlando should make people realise that MLS teams are not strong enough to just roll over these kind of teams. We have seen it consistently with TFC that there is not a great jump in skill just because a team plays MLS. It is also still very early in the season and we are playing a new system with new players, that will all take time. There is no point in getting too upset after a friendly loss, judge the players and the management team at the end of the season, if no improvement has been made then it will be time to get upset.

Pachuco
02-27-2011, 11:15 AM
No I love how people are saying at least we are keeping it on the ground as though that alone is good enough. Nice of you to single me out. So let me crack you up more.

When something good happens, Ill say it happily and hopefully they will. Until then Ill call it truthfully as it happens. For 90 minutes Ill back the squad endlessly, but in between games its time to be realistic. Losing to Orlando isnt exactly inspiring of confidence nor is they way they played against Houston inspiring of confidence.

Hilarious.

There is a ton of overreactions going both ways around here. Why can't people just see the Orlando games for what they are? Winter trying out some players and getting the team used to a new style of play. Shit, nevermind a new style of play, most of the players on the pitch haven't even played with each other before.

There is also reactions going the other way as well though. When we did well in Turkey (which we saw through a few clips) I heard ludicrous comments like TFC really has shape. Winter's strategy is paying off. I mean, are you serious? These guys probably had 2 conversations with Winter before they got out on the field.

Anyways, I just don't see why someone would even judge this team when it's in the state that it's in. It's obvious we need more players signed. We also need some more games under our belt WITH SIGNED PLAYERS before we can make any kind of assessment.

Carolina I would expect the team to start to take shape. Even if we lose every game, I would expect to see the starters out on the field and I'd expect we'd atleast be looking by then like we are adapting to a system.

If we still have 8 trialists starting in those games then I'll start to believe this is Mojo at work all over again.

Alixir
02-27-2011, 11:17 AM
maybe they were just trying to plant the seed of doubt around the rest of the league so teams will be like "we play TFC next...that team that lost to Orlando and didn't win a game in the Mickey Mouse Classic....they should be a pushover!"
Then TFC destroys them all!!!

:facepalm:

ag futbol
02-27-2011, 11:18 AM

Yeah really though.

For the last four years we've basically played to the desperate whims of making short-sighted decisions. That eventually bottomed out when we ended up with a coach that played awful bunker tactics, who still couldn't put enough wins on paper.

Yes there are clearly some problems out there for TFC. The backline needs a lot of improvement and we seem to lack a player with a killer instinct up top to consistently put the ball in the net.

That being said, this is an ENTIRELY new management team and system we have here. We can't just take this thing out of the box from game one and expect it to run flawlessly.

I'm sure the coaching staff sees the same problems we do, but the pre-season should be all about finding out more about your team, not racking up meaningless wins.

ua-kozak_TFC
02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
you forgot to mention 3 weeks away from the opening game...:scarf::picard:

Fushida
02-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Are you new here?

You are new here.

if this was written in a condescending tone... then really? why don't you just look at the join date. more like, seeing this overreaction to win/losses after every friendly for the past 4 years has gotten a bit old.

you forgot to mention 3 weeks away from the opening game...:scarf::picard:

like i said, always looking for shit to complain about. doesn't change the fact that friendlies mean nothing and some of these doomsday predictions are a bit much.

rocker
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
call me when the games count

rocktml
02-27-2011, 08:52 PM
^ +1

TOBOR !
02-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Preseason games don't count, caring about the outcome of theses games is irrational. However, we'd all like to see improvement in player ability and overall use of tactics.

We're all excited about the direction the team is taking, and perhaps a bit too eager to see immediate results. We all understand that it takes to implement a system and we should be patient.

We don't want to be patient anymore. We want to begin to see results.

It's just that it's all so frustrating.

^ Does that pretty much summarise how we're all feeling ?

mastermixer
02-28-2011, 09:45 AM
If Toronto sports fans, specifically TFC fans over the last 4 years, went by the motto 'if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all' then this board would pretty much be a ghost town lol.

Fort York Redcoat
02-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Wow. Disappointing loss to Orlando City. Looking at results we are getting worse but there are obviously different perspectives to take.

We drew against Partizan Belgrade in the Pre-pre-pre-season.
Not much more than cutting the roster spots for the Pre-preseason at Mickey's house.
Now we'll see if the last week of pre-season bears more fruit. Can the squad get used to the system in time to compete with an MLS side?

Roogsy
02-28-2011, 10:06 AM
There is a ton of overreactions going both ways around here. Why can't people just see the Orlando games for what they are? Winter trying out some players and getting the team used to a new style of play. Shit, nevermind a new style of play, most of the players on the pitch haven't even played with each other before.

There is also reactions going the other way as well though. When we did well in Turkey (which we saw through a few clips) I heard ludicrous comments like TFC really has shape. Winter's strategy is paying off. I mean, are you serious? These guys probably had 2 conversations with Winter before they got out on the field.

Anyways, I just don't see why someone would even judge this team when it's in the state that it's in. It's obvious we need more players signed. We also need some more games under our belt WITH SIGNED PLAYERS before we can make any kind of assessment.

Carolina I would expect the team to start to take shape. Even if we lose every game, I would expect to see the starters out on the field and I'd expect we'd atleast be looking by then like we are adapting to a system.

If we still have 8 trialists starting in those games then I'll start to believe this is Mojo at work all over again.

Word brotha

Menelaos
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Word brotha

You realize he didn't say anything about DeRo...and yet you still agreed? :D

In all seriousness, he's right.
Way too early to tell anything.

ExiledRed
02-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I blame the black shorts.

flatpicker
02-28-2011, 10:57 AM
^ Agreed.
Black is a heavy pigment.
It can really slow down a player.

jloome
02-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I blame the Black Keys. They got popular by eschewing their blues roots.

Really, people, six fucking trialists. That's not indicative of anything other than Orlando is a crap team.

Roogsy
02-28-2011, 11:34 AM
You realize he didn't say anything about DeRo...and yet you still agreed? :D

Well...he did say that we played well in Turkey. By that I ASSUMED he was giving credit to DeRo. :D