PDA

View Full Version : TFC ticket rep contact info

snowcrash
02-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Got a favour to ask of season ticket holders here.

My son is doing his extended essay in economics for his high school International Baccalaureateprogram. Specifically, he's looking at the factors affecting ticket prices for sporting events, using micro economic principles. As background for his topic, he referenced a recent article in the Globe on why season tickets for TFC are higher than for Man U. Obviously, it's just supply and demand but he needs to go into more detail on factors such as price elasticities, supply of seats, income effects of the fan base, etc.

Anyway, his supervisor wants him to speak to someone at MLSE to do a short Q and A. He's sent an email request to a couple of generic contacts on the MLSE website but he hasn't heard anything back in a couple of weeks. He also called and left a message at the number from the TFC site but no one has responded.

What I'm wondering is whether any of you can ask your ticket rep for a contact. Obviously, he's not expecting anyone like Richard Peddie. In fact, I think he'd be perfectly happy to speak to a ticket rep if the person has clearance from his or her boss.

So can someone please check with their rep to see if they would have 10 or 15 minutes to speak to my son over the phone to answer some questions on ticket pricing at MLSE?

Mucho thanks in advance.

rocker
02-26-2011, 02:13 PM
is he on twitter?

send a tweet to Paul Beirne, TFC's bizness guy.

http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne

he is all over that twitter.

snowcrash
02-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks, rocker.

ensco
03-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Obviously, it's just supply and demand

Yup

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2011/02/28/17444131.html

Joe Kool
03-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Sending emails to anyone in the TFC office doesn't really work in my experience. I almost never get a reply from my rep. I can't even get him on his extension. It is voicemail only and then I don't get a reply from my message. Funny thing is I can call the GOAL line and ask to speak to him if he is there and like magic...he picks up the phone within 10 sec to talk to me. Best bet in my opinion is to forget emails and just get on the phone. Start with the GOAL line at 416-360- GOAL (4625). Good luck.

Pinkie
03-02-2011, 10:54 AM
^^ honestly it's on an individual basis..because my rep (John Driscoll what what) is amazing at returning my emails and my phone calls...

Parkdale
03-02-2011, 10:58 AM
^^ honestly it's on an individual basis..because my rep (John Driscoll what what) is amazing at returning my emails and my phone calls...

because John is afraid of us.

he's terrified that PaulB will put him on 'Tim90 mediaguide' duty if he screws up with us.

:D

Joe Kool
03-02-2011, 11:04 AM

That's funny. John is my rep that I get a headache with reaching so it must be something personal with me then. Nice to know.

Pinkie
03-02-2011, 11:12 AM
hahahahaha seriously you're taking it personally? I dunno I just know i get great service from him? I am pretty awesome though. (that was a joke btw)

Joe Kool
03-02-2011, 11:24 AM
No not really taking it too personally. I am sure I am not the only one and if you get lucky with your interactions then that is good for you. Being in the customer service field myself I find it frustrating dealing with people who make it extra hard for you to reach them.

Example...I would send him two emails with no response and then after waiting at least a week will leave him a couple voicemails. Finally another week later I call the GOAL line and ask if John is there...they say yeah, just a second and he picks up and tells me he was just about to call me. He did that to me a few times. The first time I believed him but after that no way. Latest example is I think they overcharged my card for the current season by $30 or so. I tried to call and email him a few times to get a statement or something that shows where my money went but I didn't get any response. Eventually I just stopped trying because I am too busy to chase down $30 that hard but I will still bring it up next time I do get a hold of him.

I always see people saying how awesome he is in threads like these. He is certainly nice when you talk to him and he did help me out with my situation but I wish I could reach him easier. I am awesome too :)