PDA

View Full Version : Steven DiPiero is a cunt....

Stugatzo
07-01-2008, 06:39 PM
...and we thought CONCACAF refs were bad....this guy must have just come from reffing a Wexford house league match.

rocker
07-01-2008, 06:42 PM
anybody got a link to the highlights? I just got home from the match. I wanna see this penalty call and the offside.

Stugatzo
07-01-2008, 06:45 PM
...and our denied penalty too!!

zeelaw
07-01-2008, 06:46 PM
ref had a poor game, but dont really see it fit as an excuse, team played brutal and carver got it wrong in the first half

noochie
07-01-2008, 06:48 PM
ref had a poor game, but dont really see it fit as an excuse, team played brutal and carver got it wrong in the first half

How did he get it wrong exactly?

dantdot
07-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Bingo. The penalty call was bizarre, he was bad but not horrendous. Good teams find ways to win or at least teams with a competent striker.

zeelaw
07-01-2008, 06:49 PM
i watched it from home and it looked like he had amado playing deeper and robert and rickets playing higher up, didnt work out

noochie
07-01-2008, 06:52 PM
i watched it from home and it looked like he had amado playing deeper and robert and rickets playing higher up, didnt work out

err... OK... to me it just liked a team that can't finish to save their lives, not a team with wingers that are 10 yards higher than normal.

JonO
07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't think we played a good game, but that doesn't excuse the officiating. Dying to see the replays because there seemed to be some really shit calls.

noochie
07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
That linesman who called Cunny offside (twice) once when he had no chance to get to the ball and and overlapping run by Smith was way ONSIDE... that guys is a cunt also. I mean seriously... there was all kinds of pushing on both sides. Clarke slapped Jimmy B in the back of the head on that same play...

Mr. Dipiero... you are a big boy and you sure showed that rowdy Toronto crowd, now fuck off.

For the record, I don't think this is the reason they lost ;)

Stugatzo
07-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Agreed we played a poor game, but the shiite refing absolutely dictates play...teams either lose faith in his ability to do his job or get dejected.
Not the ONLY reason we lost today, but ABSOLUTELY a factor.
For those that watched at home, was there mention at halftime of calls being reviewed? Not that it would change anything, but would love to know if dePiero has any future in international football.

yanggoh
07-01-2008, 07:05 PM
anybody want to go egg his house?

Blixa
07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
That penalty call was as stupid as the one against Poland in the Austria game a few weeks back. And I definitely would like to see the Cunningham goal again because it certainly didn't look offside.

olegunnar
07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Never saw a reply of the penalty since I was at the game...but it seemed to me like an NBA call...the offesive player yells/screams, and the ref blows his whistle.

After seeing it once live...I'm convinced it was a horseshit call...especially within the context of the game and our case for a penalty...or two!

Of the three calls for penalties...the shitcaps was the weakest, yet it was the one granted.

ACSertL
07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Its a shame that every single time we score a goal my first reaction is to look at the linesman to make sure that I am not cheering for nothing. On Cunningham's 'goal' today I was so certain it was going to count that it was my brother standing next to me that had to point it out...

coisty1966
07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
err... OK... to me it just liked a team that can't finish to save their lives, not a team with wingers that are 10 yards higher than normal.

absolutely! the finishing is rank! goals are becoming more difficult to get....

coisty1966
07-01-2008, 07:15 PM
That linesman who called Cunny offside (twice) once no chance to get to the ball and and overlapping run by Smith was way ONSIDE... that guys is a cunt also. I mean seriously... there was all kinds of pushing on both sides. Clarke slapped Jin the back of the head on that same play...

Mr. Dipiero... you are a big boy and you sure showed that rowdy Toronto crowd, now fuck off.

its a bit worrying......we get outplayed today and lose to a USL side and Montreal we beat but its safe to say we got lucky as they took the game to us and looked the better side on the night....is the USL that good or are the boys finding it hard to get up for these games? cant see why, as the supporters were fabulous and in full voice...lets hope the last 2 games produce better performances by everyone!

ComeonyouReds
07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
How did he get it wrong exactly?
By playing Dichio and not Smith.

noochie
07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
By playing Dichio and not Smith.

I think you mean our leading scorer vs. a guy that has put one easy one in the back of the net. OK, I see your point. :rolleyes:

Roogsy
07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
LMAO!

Well...when you put it that way...

ComeonyouReds
07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
I think you mean our leading scorer vs. a guy that has put one easy one in the back of the net. OK, I see your point. :rolleyes:The only way that Dichio scores is the ol one touch or header. Right? The man cant dribble to save his life. How many games/minutes has Smith played? Come on if he didnt score that first goal, he would be drying my car after the carwash. Yup, cant deny that. And also you wouldnt have that DD 23 tattoo on your balls.

olegunnar
07-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Even with the ref on their side...it shouldn't have mattered. We played these guys...it shouldn't have been close.

Vancouver Whitecaps -- Jay Nolly, Omar Jarun, Jeff Clarke, Steve Kindel, Takashi Hirano (Diaz Kambere 66), Lyle Martin, Justin Moose, Alfredo Valente (Vincente Arze 74), Martin Nash, Nicholas Addlery, Eduardo Sebrango (Charles Gbeke 75).

Fernandinho
07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
has anyone found any highlights of this match?...i know many of us want to review a few of those bullshit calls

werewolf
07-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I have the game PVR'ed, just re-watched the "penalty" and "offside". We got FIFA'd. Jimmy had his arm on the guy, as they were running towards the net, and the Van. guy fell down, screamed and rolled over. Cunningham = not offside, he was level.

Captain Croatia
07-01-2008, 08:20 PM
ooo, fuck the referee, fuck the referee, fuck the referee, fuck the refereee...

he was brutal out there today, so was TFC, but we deserved more then that, at least a 1-1 game IF anything. Cunny was not offside.

Pigfynn
07-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Jeff Cunningham is alot of things....offside (for that chance) he was not.

Phil
07-01-2008, 08:43 PM
I just watched the replay... Cunningham looked onside to me.

Edit: Anyone else notice how Petrescu was a mess as a fourth official today? 4 min first half extra time goes to 2 min, then 2 min extra time 2nd half goes to 4 minutes? Bad officiating all around for us today. An embarrassment s far as I am concerned.

TFC Cityboy
07-01-2008, 08:51 PM
I have the game PVR'ed, just re-watched the "penalty" and "offside". We got FIFA'd. Jimmy had his arm on the guy, as they were running towards the net, and the Van. guy fell down, screamed and rolled over. Cunningham = not offside, he was level.

At the time I had NO idea why the penalty was given, but watching it at home I think it was a valid call. You raise an arm/ drag someone down (or appear to) at your peril in the box. That's 2 matches ina a row Brennan's defending has cost us a goal..
Cunningham for the first friggin time in his life was onside.

Piss poor ref and assistants all in all.

Dredg_XI
07-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes. We absolute MUST see a replay of that "penalty". I'm pretty sure they didn't show any replay whatsoever at BMO. I look up at the screen right after the call, to see what the hell had happened, and no replay was shown. I was in 125 today instead of my usual seat in 112. So I didn't have a good view of the box. NEE, you guys kick ass BTW.

I think the guys queing the replays even saw there was no penalty and didn't show a replay confirming so, in fear of the reaction from the crowd. They know we're pretty looney.

And yes, again, NO REPLAY on the "offside", and the non-call on what surely was a penalty for us.

But really guys, if you scold the ref after every bad call, he's never gonna throw us a bone. So maybe you guys should stop the "referee's a wanker" chants, especially when the foul occured at midfield.

Dredg_XI
07-01-2008, 08:55 PM

Says the referee's son...GTFO kid. If I see you at BMO, I gonna floor you.

yanggoh
07-01-2008, 08:57 PM
But really guys, if you scold the ref after every bad call, he's never gonna throw us a bone. So maybe you guys should stop the "referee's a wanker" chants, especially when the foul occured at midfield.

not only were the guys in my section (115) chanting "ohhhh fuck the referee", a few of them started chirpin CV2 when he set up shop behind the net hahaha

zeelaw
07-01-2008, 08:58 PM
It's like the guys want to dribble the ball into the net.

Rohan Ricketts disease

The Historian
07-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I've noticed that BMO almost never shows replays of questionable fouls or offsides. I don't think the Dichio goal that was called back v. KC was shown on the video screen and I don't remember anything shown today.

Are they worried that we'll run riot if we get to see a really egregious call on replay???

Pigfynn
07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I've noticed that BMO almost never shows replays of questionable fouls or offsides. I don't think the Dichio goal that was called back v. KC was shown on the video screen and I don't remember anything shown today.

Are they worried that we'll run riot if we get to see a really egregious call on replay???

Yes...ask mlsintoronto....I'm 100% sure it's done on purpose

Dredg_XI
07-01-2008, 09:06 PM

That's what I'm thinking. Especially if the call truly was wrong. I can probably give the referee the benefit of the doubt about the PK, especially since I was in 125 today, and didn't have the view I usually have in 112. But Cunny was absolutely ONside. Not to mention, we got robbed of a PK of out own.

Like I said. The guy queing the replays is sitting there, realizes "oh shit, the guy was onside...better not show this one."

Blizzard
07-01-2008, 09:19 PM

I think that is pretty close to being on the mark. That and not embarrassing their on field officials.

Dredg_XI
07-01-2008, 09:20 PM
I think that is pretty close to being on the mark.

It's probably an MLS policy to not show controversial call on any stadium's video screens.

They don't want to show up their official's bad calls. I think MLB does the same thing.

That's a load of crap. Not saying you're wrong, you're not. I mean it's crap that they do it.

Blizzard
07-01-2008, 09:22 PM
That's what I'm thinking. Especially if the call truly was wrong. I can probably give the referee the benefit of the doubt about the PK, especially since I was in 125 today, and didn't have the view I usually have in 112. But Cunny was absolutely ONside. Not to mention, we got robbed of a PK of out own.

Like I said. The guy queuing the replays is sitting there, realizes "oh shit, the guy was onside...better not show this one."

They pick up the television feed but have some BMO Field cameras of their own to go to when needed such as avoiding controversial replays that show officials screwing up.

B

noochie
07-01-2008, 09:28 PM
The only way that Dichio scores is the ol one touch or header. Right? The man cant dribble to save his life. How many games/minutes has Smith played? Come on if he didnt score that first goal, he would be drying my car after the carwash. Yup, cant deny that. And also you wouldnt have that DD 23 tattoo on your balls.

Maybe he doesn't play a lot of minutes because he hasn't shown much in training and coming on as a sub. Maybe not. Nice touch on the personal insult so quickly. It is always nice to prove you are an intelligent poster by insulting those that disagree.

Dredg_XI
07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
They pick up the television feed but have some BMO Field cameras of their own to go to when needed such as avoiding controversial replays that show officials screwing up.

B

Yeah, I know what you mean.

My point just was, they didn't show us the PK call replay, and they didn't show us the ONside, BECAUSE the calls were wrong. Not showing us the replays pretty much confirms it.

Bet you anything even the highlights on mlsnet.com won't show them.

PVR'd the game, checked it. He's onside.

Stugatzo
07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Highlights archived on CBC.CA in sports section...Nigel reed called it the best game he's ever seen??!!!
WTF???

Blizzard
07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean.

My point just was, they didn't show us the PK call replay, and they didn't show us the ONside, BECAUSE the calls were wrong. Not showing us the replays pretty much confirms it.

Bet you anything even the highlights on mlsnet.com won't show them.

PVR'd the game, checked it. He's onside.

I was annoyed at CBC as their post-game highlight review didn't include the offside call/Cunningham goal.

It was, along with the penalty call, a huge moment of the game. Why didn't they show it?

B

Cambridge_Red
07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Great game??? Are you serious??? We were crap in the first and totally cheated in the second. Not a great game.

Wighty
07-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I was annoyed at CBC as their post-game highlight review didn't include the offside call/Cunningham goal.

On the live broadcast they only showed the replay of the offside goal once, and didn't even bother to pause the replay when the ball was passed forward.

I usually don't let the TFC television coverage bother me that much, but I was extremely pissed off at them for this one.

ExiledRed
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Dicipline that BASTARD!

Mo should do what fellow scot, Sir Alex Ferguson would do right now, I'm afraid to say. Seriously, if that were an EPL or even championship game, that incompetent twat would be suspended and possibly even investigated for corruption.

That disguting referee blatantly manipulated that game, and there is state of the art technology in place to prove it. Technology that tracks every single event on the pitch for reference purposees could easily be used to prove that this referee was either utterly incompetent, unfairly biased or bribed by some triad gang from vancouver or the fucking hells angels in Montreal.

Im not looking for excuses for our teams miserable performance, but that shite made at least 3 game changing miscalls or non calls taht would be highly suspect in more sophisticated football associations. the man should be crucified, he is a disgrace to football.

The CSA must hold this guy accountable, and it is up to Mo to ensure this shit does not happen to our team any more, in either MLS or CSA environment.

werewolf
07-02-2008, 12:44 AM
He officiated 1 game in the U-20 last year, 8 cards.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 12:48 AM
He needs to go back to reffing fucking high school kids.

yellowfellow
07-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Anyone thinks the CSA or the organizer is behind this? Like the NBA with the 2002 West final. If VAN lost today, they are out and the TFC vs VAN in VAN will be meaningless and no one will attend. SEriously, today's officiating was as good as that game 6.

olegunnar
07-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Anyone thinks the CSA or the organizer is behind this? Like the NBA with the 2002 West final. If VAN lost today, they are out and the TFC vs VAN in VAN will be meaningless and no one will attend. SEriously, today's officiating was as good as that game 6.

Maybe DiPiero was warned that if Toronto won, his milk would be spoiled.
:noidea:

Dredg_XI
07-02-2008, 08:11 AM

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a conspiracy like that. Although what you're saying is absolutely true. In a way that almost makes me believe it might be. But I think the ref just plain sucked, and you may be giving him too much credit by thinking he's capable of conspiring.

Exiled, it's great to see someone shares my absolute rage when it comes to yesterday's referee. I really wish there was more being done about the situation too. Seems like it was pretty obvious all around. The awarded penalty, the "offside". I don't understand why the CSA isn't stepping in and saying something. Like you said, if this were the UEFA Champions League, that twat would be in some shit. I couldn't believe how angry I got in the stands yesterday. By far the most frustrated I've ever been at BMO.

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 10:58 AM
bump bump bump bump

cunt

werewolf
07-02-2008, 11:03 AM
maybe they just want to set it up so the game against Montreal is the deciding match, and we win it at home :D

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 11:21 AM
bump again, I want this guys name to be synomous with 'cunt' until he's fired.

this should be a sticky.

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 11:23 AM
I am still down to go egg this cunt's house.

Stugatzo
07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Check this out...
He's a doctor from Orillia??!!!
He'd probably tell me I have rectal warts when I all I went in for was a flu shot.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/referees/referee=187301/index.html

Boondaddy
07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I have it on my PVR and watched it in agony frame by frame last night....verdict is that Cunny was perfectly in line with the defender when the ball was kicked. Bad break for us...

Also, I though the guys played well in the second half...just couldn't FINISH as per usual.

Boondaddy
07-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Check this out...
He's a doctor from Orillia??!!!
He'd probably tell me I have rectal warts when I all I went in for was a flu shot.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/referees/referee=187301/index.html

OMG that's funny!! I feel like going to see him and yelling "OFFSIDE!!!" as loud as possible during the physical exam....

Technorgasm
07-02-2008, 11:48 AM

I will be anxiously awaiting your you tube vid.

SO many who sit on the lower west side, below TRN, who I specifically waitined for and targeted after the match for their opinion said.

ON-SIDE!

ComeonyouReds
07-02-2008, 12:15 PM
The real joke of the whole thing is all the fans that go crazy when these goals are scored haha. My hands go up in reaction but I look to the linesman right away just as for a pass. Its so funny when 17000 people dont realize this and most guys bitch that the guy that leaves early is a part time supporter.

Technorgasm
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
CUNT

yanggoh
07-02-2008, 12:22 PM
HUGE CUNT

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 12:23 PM
The real joke of the whole thing is all the fans that go crazy when these goals are scored haha. My hands go up in reaction but I look to the linesman right away just as for a pass. Its so funny when 17000 people dont realize this and most guys bitch that the guy that leaves early is a part time supporter.

you see, this makes me mad.

I can hardly see the linesman from my spot, ( I could see Cunny was onside though) and if everything indicates it should be a goal, I get immediately swept up in it. The confetti and the player ripping his shirt off is cue enough for me, I defy you to tell me that I dont know what the fuck is going on, or that I'm a 'part time supporter' though.

ACSertL
07-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Its a shame that every single time we score a goal my first reaction is to look at the linesman to make sure that I am not cheering for nothing. On Cunningham's 'goal' today I was so certain it was going to count that it was my brother standing next to me that had to point it out...

I posted this yesterday...I totally feel the same way.

AL-MO
07-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Isn't this the same guy who threw out Goldthwaite for swearing at another player?

I know for a fact that other referees in Ontario think that DiPiero IS a totally cunt and don't like him....makes you wonder if others in the profession have the same opinion as us.

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
I want him gone. I want his reputation to be utterly destroyed after yesterday.

Go back to your day job and fucking stay there, you boneheaded GOOF!

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Isn't this the same guy who threw out Goldthwaite for swearing at another player?

I know for a fact that other referees in Ontario think that DiPiero IS a totally cunt and don't like him....makes you wonder if others in the profession have the same opinion as us.

OMG! THAT WAS HIM??? :eek:

OMG! :taz:

THIS GUY SHOULD NOT STEP IN TO BMO FIELD EVER AGAIN! HIS CALLS ARE BONEHEADED AND ARE KILLING US! WE DONT NEED HIS CROOKED ASS IN OUR HOME!

Stugatzo
07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I want him gone. I want his reputation to be utterly destroyed after yesterday.

Go back to your day job and fucking stay there, you boneheaded GOOF!

E>R>
Maybe you missed my post about him being a doctor from orillia...for the love of JEEBUS...do NOT let him go back to his day job!!! If he's as bad at it as he is at reffing, I feel sorry for his patients!!!
hahaha

ExiledRed
07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
E>R>
Maybe you missed my post about him being a doctor from orillia...for the love of JEEBUS...do NOT let him go back to his day job!!! If he's as bad at it as he is at reffing, I feel sorry for his patients!!!
hahaha

A doctor? Sure he isn't a proctologist?

He seems to know how to pull cards out of his arse.

Roogsy
07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
E>R>
hahaha

LMAO!

I was thinking the same thing!

Arrogant bastard!

dannyd
07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
"DID YOU SWALLOW WHEN YOU BLEW THE REFEREE???
DID YOU SWALLOW WHEN YOU BLEW THE REFEREEEEEE
DID YOU SWALLOW,DID YOU SWALLOW
DID YOU SWALLOW,DID YOU SWALLOW
DID YOU SWALLOW WHEN YOU BLEW THE REFEREE...

and thats all I have to say on the subject (thx to NEE for the chant)...

Stugatzo
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
hahaha...I loved the re-worked Dichio chant!!

mclaren
07-02-2008, 01:44 PM

agreed - i always look at the linesman first if it looks close before celebrating - removes the pain of celebrating a goal that doesn't count.

noochie
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Cunny should have looked... and saved us all the excitement. :(

Rochdale
07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
That linesman who called Cunny offside (twice) once when he had no chance to get to the ball and and overlapping run by Smith was way ONSIDE... that guys is a cunt also. I mean seriously... there was all kinds of pushing on both sides. Clarke slapped Jimmy B in the back of the head on that same play...

The reason he put his flag up was that Cunningham was interferring with play. He ran towards the ball then stop, by then the assistant had his flag up by the time Smith got the ball. As for the penalty, Brennan should not have grab Cooke around the neck.

noochie
07-02-2008, 03:21 PM
The reason he put his flag up was that Cunningham was interferring with play. He ran towards the ball then stop, by then the assistant had his flag up by the time Smith got the ball. As for the penalty, Brennan should not have grab Cooke around the neck.

Two things... you can't play passive when you feel like it. Call it consistently. Cunningham was no where near the ball... the linesman missed Smith and he knew it after he raised the flag.

And Brennan never touched a guy named Cooke.

AL-MO
07-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Whether he had his hands on the ShiteCaps player is almost meaningless. The fact of the matter is that the bit of physical contact between the players had no effect on the play at all....I had a long conversion with a high level referee this afternoon and he agreed....its may have been a penalty 'by the book' but at some point you have to use your logic. When do you ever see a penalty come off a corner kick?!?

ExiledRed
07-03-2008, 09:35 AM
bump that cunt!

Dredg_XI
07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Whether he had his hands on the ShiteCaps player is almost meaningless. The fact of the matter is that the bit of physical contact between the players had no effect on the play at all....I had a long conversion with a high level referee this afternoon and he agreed....its may have been a penalty 'by the book' but at some point you have to use your logic. When do you ever see a penalty come off a corner kick?!?

Exactly...Usually, if you do see a PK come off a corner kick, it's because the player about to the strike the ball is completely shoved out of the way. This wasn't the case on this play in particular. The ball wasn't even being played to him. Also, the "contact" was so minimal, if you go down from that, your name must be Ronaldo.

jloome
07-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Cunny looked off to me until I noticed the wide defender. I think they based it on the fact that he was a shoulder ahead of the defender marking him, and missed the guy on the far side of the field keeping him two feet onside. Like, waaaay onside.

It's funny because I wanted to defend them on this one, thinking the passive offside rule perhaps applied to defenders way out of the play as well, but no such luck. That was just an awful call.

The interference call, on the replay, was a dive. Brennan but his hand on one shoulder and basically just touched the guy on his right side (facing goal) and as soon as he felt that second hand the Vancouver player's legs suddenly and mysteriously lost their ability to support his body weight.

Still, we should beat teams like this in a walk. The only reason we don't is that we have a lot of skilled players right now who they think they should always win in a walk, and so they're not working hard enough. I'd compare it (with large blocks of salt, I realize) to Real Madrid, when Beckham first joined them. That first season they were embarassed that despite have Zidane, Roberto Carlos, Beckham, Raul etc. they were regularly losing or drawing with smaller teams. Same problem -- too much steely professionalism, not nearly enough passion to overcome our opponents' drive and fight.

Calls like these, however, do not make things any easier.

devioustrevor
07-03-2008, 03:06 PM
What I don't understand is why this DiPiero was even reffing the game. The 4th official was Silviu Petrescu who is an elite referee and has been in charge of at least one World Cup Qualifier already this cycle.

AL-MO
07-03-2008, 03:21 PM
What I don't understand is why this DiPiero was even reffing the game. The 4th official was Silviu Petrescu who is an elite referee and has been in charge of at least one World Cup Qualifier already this cycle.

They are both FIFA's I believe....Silviu has done a TON of TFC games the past year and a bit anyways.

kitchener-TFC
07-03-2008, 10:10 PM
hahaha...I loved the re-worked Dichio chant!!
I thought U-Sector & RPB re-worked the Dichio chant when I heard it after the 23rd /24th minute!

And you guys are right, this ref is a huge f*cking CUNT!!!!!!!
He did cost us the game, because it would've resulted in a win by Toronto (because Cunny was onside, and Jimmy didn't take that guy down).

Rochdale
07-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I thought U-Sector & RPB re-worked the Dichio chant when I heard it after the 23rd /24th minute!

And you guys are right, this ref is a huge f*cking CUNT!!!!!!!
He did cost us the game, because it would've resulted in a win by Toronto (because Cunny was onside, and Jimmy didn't take that guy down).
what fcuking game were you watching kitchener? Jimmy did take the guy down.

AL-MO
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM

Yeah he took down a player that had nothing to do with the play. I have spoken to high level referees who have seen the play and they agree that it probably should have been let go....BUT SP was probably looking right AT the play and felt compelled to call it....either that or he is a CUNT!!!:smilielol5:

noochie
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM

We get it, you're a ref. Nice bump though, haven't called this knob out in a couple of days now. Find me a couple other recent examples of a penalty awarded for a corner kick in which the player brought down was not involved in the play, then we can petition to have this thread deleted.

JC said it best... 1945.

AL-MO
07-04-2008, 03:09 PM
We get it, you're a ref. Nice bump though, haven't called this knob out in a couple of days now. Find me a couple other recent examples of a penalty awarded for a corner kick in which the player brought down was not involved in the play, then we can petition to have this thread deleted.

JC said it best... 1945.

Or a ShiteCaps supporter!! :cuss:

kitchener-TFC
07-04-2008, 03:25 PM
There was so much pushing during that corner kick, that it seemed as though the ref just picked out Jimmy, while he could've called other pushes/shoves.

olegunnar
07-04-2008, 03:29 PM
There was so much pushing during that corner kick, that it seemed as though the ref just picked out Jimmy, while he could've called other pushes/shoves.

He fell for the "I've been fouled" yell Clarke let out. I know it caught my attention 10 rows up. It was like being at an NBA game where the player taking it to the hoop yells to convince the ref there was contact.
Or there were more nefarious reasons. One or the other.

Blizzard
07-04-2008, 07:36 PM
He fell for the "I've been fouled" yell Clarke let out. I know it caught my attention 10 rows up. It was like being at an NBA game where the player taking it to the hoop yells to convince the ref there was contact.
Or there were more nefarious reasons. One or the other.

The ref was over his head! He was a fool out there.

ExiledRed
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Are we really letting this one go, like Carver has?

cunt!

Gobi
07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Atta boy, Ian!

werewolf
07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
This dedication goes out to Dipiero -

ZJdLH211gvM

ElvistheEvilScotsman
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
We should send our favourite referee some career development material like a Lasik Eye Surgery pamphlet!

His work and home address are easy to find ;)

rocker
07-08-2008, 02:29 PM
we should have a ref hall of shame... this guy goes in along with Benito Archundia.

MFG1
07-17-2008, 07:49 PM
GuesS who we got this saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080717&content_id=173693&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Cambridge_Red
07-17-2008, 07:51 PM
We're fucked!

Cambridge_Red
07-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Actually hes the 4th official he can only screw us with injury time.

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Actually hes the 4th official he can only screw us with injury time.

This guy should be kept away from us entirely.

werewolf
07-17-2008, 08:11 PM
We will be up 1-0 with San Jose pressing in the 90th minute, and all of a sudden '8' will come up on the digital board...

CretanBull
07-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Hahaha! "The fourth official has announced that there will be a minimum of 30 minutes of esquire added time"

kitchener-TFC
07-17-2008, 10:17 PM
A few hours ago, I was thinking about bringing this thread back. hahaha

Stugatzo
07-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Greg...you kill me!!
Since i started this thread i think it only fitting that I request that when the stadium announcer intruduces Dr. DiPiero, we greet him with a mighty CUNT!!!

ExiledRed
07-17-2008, 10:43 PM
You know the reason that the refs are unskilled , untrained and underpaid is simple.

It's because twats like Depiero who have good paying jobs elsewhere are prepared to do it as a hobby. If none of these cunts were prepared to work for shit, they'd have to start paying them a professional wage and treating the position like a real job with accountability and bonuses for good performance.

But that's OK Steve, you get to get away from the wife and kids for the weekend, who cares if you're devaluing the whole profession and making an ass out of yourself?

profit89
07-18-2008, 03:57 PM
...and we thought CONCACAF refs were bad....this guy must have just come from reffing a Wexford house league match.

no kidding

AL-MO
07-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Greg...you kill me!!
Since i started this thread i think it only fitting that I request that when the stadium announcer intruduces Dr. DiPiero, we greet him with a mighty CUNT!!!

We fucking hate you, We Do!
We fucking hate you, We Do!
We fucking hate you, we Do!
Oh Depiero we hate you!

rocker
07-18-2008, 06:02 PM
am i reading that preview report correct that the ref Paul Ward has 1 MLS game of experience!?

jloome
07-18-2008, 06:07 PM
You know the reason that the refs are unskilled , untrained and underpaid is simple.

It's because twats like Depiero who have good paying jobs elsewhere are prepared to do it as a hobby. If none of these cunts were prepared to work for shit, they'd have to start paying them a professional wage and treating the position like a real job with accountability and bonuses for good performance.

But that's OK Steve, you get to get away from the wife and kids for the weekend, who cares if you're devaluing the whole profession and making an ass out of yourself?

Yeah, they're like three-chord musicians who've turned the live music room business into "pay-to-play". As long as someone will play for free or next to nothing, why pay?

Fuck, in 38 years of watching football I'm not sure I've seen a referee fuck up as consistently as Del Piero (although I personally think he fucks up the calls on both sides; we just get the worst of it because our movement is short-pass based, so we tend to spread the field less and be congested more in the mid.)