PDA

View Full Version : I love...Smith,Wynne, and Guevara

shwade
07-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Our men of the match today.
Smith was robbed three times, he should have had at least 2-3 goals in the last 2 matches. Excellent footwork and ball movement.

Guevara was creating a lot of chances and when he trekked back to make the tackle on Nash's sure goal I was really impressed.

Wynne is a workhorse, his defending positioning may not be the best, but it's not for a lack of trying. His footwork is great and his runs forward are threatening to the opposition.

dantdot
07-01-2008, 05:36 PM
On the other hand Robinson is really getting on my nerves, he repeatably plays like shit and doesn't get called on it.

Bars92
07-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Smith should start with Dichio from now on, hopefully with Huckerby soon.

zeelaw
07-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Guevara played great, but Wynne was my M.O.M today. He seemed to be the only one who could feel the urgency on the pitch.

Jarrod Smith played great too. He just needs to learn hwo to dribble better with the ball.

Corpand
07-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Wynne
did
not
stop
the
whole
match

MoM right there.

The Historian
07-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I agree about Robinson... I think his service was very poor today. I would rather see Edu play in that role for a match or two.

Also, has Robinson hit the net when a ball's been played back to him at the top of the box in the year-and-a-half he's been here? He's a master at lashing it ten yards over the crossbar from thirty yards out...

tfc_4_ever
07-01-2008, 06:24 PM
On the other hand Robinson is really getting on my nerves, he repeatably plays like shit and doesn't get called on it.

Some how he won the MoM:noidea:

rocker
07-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Wynne was fab... how about that run where he comes back out of nowhere... or just taking the ball off guys and moving downfield.. he seems very focused the whole game and fit the whole game.

dantdot
07-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Wynne was fab... how about that run where he comes back out of nowhere... or just taking the ball off guys and moving downfield.. he seems very focused the whole game and fit the whole game.

That was awesome, he did it numerous times but particularly the first one running towards the south end with crowd roaring, gotta love it.

noochie
07-01-2008, 06:50 PM
I agree about Robinson... I think his service was very poor today. I would rather see Edu play in that role for a match or two.

Also, has Robinson hit the net when a ball's been played back to him at the top of the box in the year-and-a-half he's been here? He's a master at lashing it ten yards over the crossbar from thirty yards out...

And he gives the ball away on short simple passes constantly. On one side he can tackle and win it back so well that for the most part he corrects his owns mistakes but today he was extra brutal.

Objectively we need a giveaway to tackle ratio for Robbo. He looked awful out there today.

coisty1966
07-01-2008, 06:55 PM
agreed, wynne is ALL effort! Smith works his ass off as well but cant finish for shit......putting the ball in the net seems to be getting more and more difficult....we need a goal poacher NOW! if not we will just fall further and further off the pace..

Roogsy
07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
I have been a Robbo defender since he arrived...but this year he has done nothing but make me look like an ass.

If I see one more ball sailing over the net when he steps into it 20 yards out...my head is going to explode. I play with amateurs that have better aim than that...it is inexcusable for a professional not to be able to hit the net from there.

Oblio2
07-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Some how he won the MoM:noidea:

He played ok and works hard.

zeelaw
07-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I have been a Robbo defender since he arrived...but this year he has done nothing but make me look like an ass.

If I see one more ball sailing over the net when he steps into it 20 yards out...my head is going to explode. I play with amateurs that have better aim than that...it is inexcusable for a professional not to be able to hit the net from there.

His job isnt to score goals though, he is a good enough passer and I think holds our midfield decent enough.

It's probably best he doesn't score after his celebration last year lol.:rolleyes:

Pachuco
07-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Guevara is too good for this team :) You know it's bad when your star forward makes a game saving tackle when the other team is on a breakaway?

Where the hell was our defense on that one?

Anyways, Guevara is the man!

Jack
07-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Robbo is one of the best defensive mids in the league, hands down.

He's vital to what we do out there. If you can't appreciate what he does, you need to go back to footy school.

But he can't hit the broad side of a barn when shooting.

BC101
07-01-2008, 11:11 PM

He's vital to what we do out there. If you can't appreciate what he does, you need to go back to footy school.

He just needs to realize he has time sometimes and that he doesnt have to first time everytime.

Blizzard
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM

They have to shake up the corner set pieces and stick Robert outside the top of the box as the outlet man. We need someone in that position who can really let it fly. Robbo has proven he can't do it.

I too am a Robbo defender as I think he does some important things very well but shooting certainly isn't something he does with any aplomb.

B

ag futbol
07-01-2008, 11:19 PM

Uggh i'm pretty sure most people can appreciate the defense Jack, but the problem is that football has evolved beyond having a guy stand in the centre and play destroyer without having any other responsibilities.

We need to be able to hold the ball and make good passes and let's face it he's not. He's completing a low percentage and gets stuck in the centre too much as he seems unable to dribble the ball more than 5 feet to create the smallest amount of space for himself to open up the play. Another thing we are missing is that a lot of the "easy" passes he's making are leading our players right into defenders.

noochie
07-01-2008, 11:40 PM

Sure, he is great at winning the ball back from the attacker he just haplessly gave it to.

Footie-11
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Wynne was fantastic.

I also thought Smith and even Cunny generated some offense