PDA

View Full Version : TFC academy player Josh Janniere attends Rapids pre season camp

TFCwestcan
02-21-2011, 06:23 PM
This from the MLS soccer.com site:

The head coach says there is now room left for one to two senior spots and one remaining developmental slot.

That developmental slot is seemingly open for Toronto’s Josh Janniere. The 18-year-old wide midfielder is currently a member of Toronto’s Academy, but he went on trial with the Rapids earlier this year. The Canadian has already been exposed to the Rapids’ preseason camp and Smith said he will be inviting Janniere back.

“The fourth apprentice slot, as it were, is open,” Smith told MLSsoccer.com. “We are bringing Josh back into camp. We’ve all been very pleased with what we have seen with him. All things being equal, there is a place open for him if it works out.”

It seems odd that a TFC academy prospect would be attending the Rapids pre-season camp, does not TFC have first dibs on the player?

prizby
02-21-2011, 06:25 PM
interesting...i wonder what the rules are around this...would have loved to have invited aguedelo or najar or hamid to TFC training camp last year

UltraSuperMegaMo
02-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Interesting find TFCwestcan. I assume the writing was on the wall for Janniere when TFC didn't take him to Turkey with them. Maybe they don't see him as having a future with the team and are willing to let find a spot elsewhere. There was a rumour a while back that they were looking at signing him.

razor787
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
It could be that Toronto are looking at selling or loaning him to Colorado. If he is on the academy, I don't see there being any way Colorado could just snatch him up. MLSE must have given the OK.