PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen these TFC scarfs?

Red CB Toronto
02-17-2011, 08:11 PM
I am curious, has anyone seen these TFC scarves, it says they are officially licensed but I have never seen them before, are they Adidas, whats the deals with them?

http://ruffneckwear.bigcartel.com/products?search=toronto+fc&search-submit=

London
02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
they are roughneck created designs, not official

Red CB Toronto
02-17-2011, 08:16 PM
they are roughneck created designs, not official

It says they are licensed and use the TFC logos on them, is that legal? I say the Canada one on the Adidas/mls site at one point.

Whoop
02-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Ruffneck has a license to produce this.

phonzo
02-17-2011, 08:27 PM
ya MLS grants ruffneck a license for all teams. They have a habit of

1) Being shitty quality
2) Trying to knock-off supporters design

SuperTCP
02-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I like the dual purpose Canada/TFC one. But I would be cautious to order one unless I saw it first in person. I have a canada one, not sure if it was roughneck who produced it, although it does look like the one they have posted. But the scarf does not have same quality as TFC STH, Adidas, or RPB scarves.

Red CB Toronto
02-18-2011, 02:13 AM
If they are a licensed MLS product I surprised we have never seen them on sale at BMO Field or Real Sports, would that not be the best place to sell a TFC scarf.

ExiledRed
02-18-2011, 09:17 AM
If they are a licensed MLS product I surprised we have never seen them on sale at BMO Field or Real Sports, would that not be the best place to sell a TFC scarf.

Why are you surprised?

The scarves would compete directly with products already available at the stadium, and possibly breach ssome licensing or merchandising deal already in place.

Red CB Toronto
02-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Why are you surprised?

The scarves would compete directly with products already available at the stadium, and possibly breach ssome licensing or merchandising deal already in place.

It is a licensed MLS product so it would not be competing with other products at all, more choice for the people to choose from.

Parkdale
02-18-2011, 09:28 AM
to put it very, very simply.

CoachGT makes scarves that are 'heads and shoulder' above the roughneck ones.

Roughneck got linked up with an 'official' contract with the league though Seattle (I think). They really have no business making TFC ones, and probably don't expect to sell many.

JonO
02-18-2011, 09:33 AM
It is a licensed MLS product so it would not be competing with other products at all, more choice for the people to choose from.
Agreed. No different than selling an Adidas scarf. That being said, if they are crappy quality and have a habit of ripping of supporters' designs (as mentioned above), then maybe that's the reason right there...

Red CB Toronto
02-18-2011, 09:36 AM
to put it very, very simply.

CoachGT makes scarves that are 'heads and shoulder' above the roughneck ones.

Roughneck got linked up with an 'official' contract with the league though Seattle (I think). They really have no business making TFC ones, and probably don't expect to sell many.

That is for sure, when it comes to scarves of TFC the ones coach makes are second to none, I was just curious as I had never seen these before except for the Canada one as it was in the TFC section of the MLS store online.

Parkdale
02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
there's lots of 'official' products out there..... but does TFC/BMO have to sell them in their stadium? nope.

The idea of TFC letting this company sell their scarves is just silly.
How about..... WE make a generic TFC scarf (no official logo) and they let US sell it?
That would be more logical than letting some start up from Seattle piss off Adidas.

Parkdale
02-18-2011, 09:38 AM
and notice how popular the argyle design is ?

:D :D :D

Red CB Toronto
02-18-2011, 09:43 AM
I liked out argyle, that makes sense, it most likely is just a deal that allows for them to use the logos, I wonder if they make their scarves on demand as they are ordered, I can't seem them having alway of those in stock as one time.