PDA

View Full Version : Live Stream of Orlando Preseason Games??

djcuse
02-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Has there been any possible talk that TorontoFC TV will stream any of
our preseason games next week in Orlando?

dantdot
02-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Just watched The Daily, they said the MLS site will stream the Thursday games. Not sure if TFC will have a stream for the Saturday games but I assume so since they showed them last year.

Mshob
02-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Has there been any possible talk that TorontoFC TV will stream any of
our preseason games next week in Orlando?
From what I know is that the MLS website will show the Thursday games... Toronto FC plays at 8pm (Which I assume will also be shown on TorontoFC TV)
The second game will be on ESPN3 streamed online! We should be able to watch it here in Canada.
I hope that helps! I can't wait!

dantdot
02-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Some official linkage

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/mlssoccercom-stream-select-disney-games

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2011, 09:54 PM
we wont get the espn3.com games up here. boooooooo. I hate when they do that shit.

stu!
02-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey, I just found out about this and will be in Orlando next week so will be at the Thursday night games for sure.

Do any supporters head down for this?

Ossington Mental Youth
02-17-2011, 09:57 PM
hopefully TFC will show it on TFCTV

Mark TFC
02-18-2011, 11:19 AM
"On Thursday, FC Dallas will face Orlando City at 6 p.m. followed by Toronto FC against the Houston Dynamo at 8 p.m. Both games will stream live on MLSsoccer.com, each team’s website and USLsocccer.com. Saturday’s games will stream live on ESPN3.com with Thursday’s losing teams kicking off at 6 p.m. and Thursday’s winners meeting in the championship at 8 p.m."

Fort York Redcoat
02-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey, I just found out about this and will be in Orlando next week so will be at the Thursday night games for sure.

Do any supporters head down for this?

Very few but I know a couple that went last year.

stu!
02-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Bought my tix today over at the box office.... hope a few more show

JamboAl
02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm in Tampa for the week but it is unlikely that I'll make it up the I-4; family commitments plus I already have tickets for a college basketball game in Fort Myers tomorrow night. I know...part time supporter!

Kaz
02-24-2011, 09:13 PM
too bad there isn't one that I can actually watch, there isn't a useful version of siverlight for linux... I hate MLS on a tech stand point.

Auzzy
02-25-2011, 07:02 AM
too bad there isn't one that I can actually watch, there isn't a useful version of siverlight for linux... I hate MLS on a tech stand point.

Have you tried Moonlight? I have no idea how well it works...

Kaz
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Tried ever version of moonlight, and several troubleshootings, it won't work with Linux well at all... Short of messing with DLLs even then most video doesn't work... and nothing MLS puts out has ever worked prior to moon light 3.99 which I can get some highlights to work.. some of the time.

They are using a odd form of it. it's really hit and miss...

It seems to be the reason why the NHL, NFL, MLB all use Flash as it's compatible with Consoles, and things not running windows. And can be converted for none flash use without much difficulty, ie apps. and HTML5

Auzzy
02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
^ Oh that's bad...

I fell in love with Silverlight during the 2010 Winter Olympics. That's what CTV was using on their website for the Olympics, wasn't it? The features were amazing: timeline at the bottom so you could browse through an event & pick your own highlights; seamless switch between "live" and "recorded" views of the same event; very good picture quality, and the quality level (bandwidth) was selected automatically based on your connection (and would readjust as needed during an event); lots more stuff underneath the hood. I heard from Flash programmers, that many of the features would be very hard or impossible to replicate in Flash.

My point: if the MLS Silverlight videos were that good, I would say, the loss of compatibility may be worth it; Adobe just needs to catch up. And if MLS did Silverlight well, it would probably work better with Moonlight anyway.

However, the existing MLS videos are very bad & very basic. They would work as well or better in Flash. Absolutely no excuse to inconvenience anyone with an unusual program like Silverlight.

Hopefully HTML5 will eventually make all this unnecessary???

ExiledRed
02-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Silverlight is dead and soon to be deprecated. Developers should drop it.

rocker
02-26-2011, 02:12 PM
never had a problem with Silverlight myself.
works fine and everything on the MLS website comes across perfectly.

I also didn't have any buffering problems that others have talked about when watching the live streams.

Kaz
02-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I had no issue during the olympics for the most part. they version of silver light they were using was compatible with Moonlight, and was designed for maximum efficiency, the MLS seem to be using a different build, and with inexperienced programers.