PDA

View Full Version : February 22, 2011, what could have been

Oldtimer
02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
If Preki hadn't had thrown the game at Arabe Unido, we would have been enjoying CCL football on February 22 and March 1, 2011

One of the things that still upsets me about the Preki era.

It would have been really nice to see TFC play in winter. TFC vs. Santos Laguna.

ManUtd4ever
02-07-2011, 02:01 PM
You just had to go there didn't you...:D

spark
02-07-2011, 02:08 PM
If Preki hadn't had thrown the game at Arabe Unido, we would have been enjoying CCL football on February 22 and March 1, 2011

It would have been really nice to see TFC play in winter. TFC vs. Santos Laguna.

Naw you should be thankful. If we had qualified mo would probably still be here or even preki. Nothing that's happened over the last 3-4 months would have as mlse wouldve kept their heads in the sand on how bad things are with tfc

mastermixer
02-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Naw you should be thankful. If we had qualified mo would probably still be here or even preki. Nothing that's happened over the last 3-4 months would have as mlse wouldve kept their heads in the sand on how bad things are with tfc

Agreed, I'm hoping we look back at that loss as the best thing to happen to this club.

kodiakTFC
02-07-2011, 02:17 PM
It would've been great to see the hype around the game, especially seeing the Skydome fill up for a TFC game.

TOBOR !
02-07-2011, 02:20 PM

Yeah, and we wouldn't be about to embark on what by all accounts appears to be a bright and exciting future.

Given the choice, I'll take what we have in front of us now.

edit - or what those guys just said.

TFCDP
02-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, and we wouldn't be about to embark on what by all accounts appears to be a bright and exciting future.

Given the choice, I'll take what we have in front of us now.

edit - or what those guys just said.

As painful as it is thinking about what could have been... I have to agree with you tabor.

Oldtimer
02-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Those are all good points.

Redcoe15
02-07-2011, 02:34 PM

Agreed, I'm hoping we look back at that loss as the best thing to happen to this club.
Agreed three! :D

TOBOR !
02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
I think what we have here is short term pain for long term gain.

ManUtd4ever
02-07-2011, 03:16 PM
The ideal scenario would have been TFC pulling off the victory against RSL at BMO Field and then they would still be preparing for upcoming Champions League matches with the new regime in place. Oh well, I'm still pumped for the upcoming season.

mastermixer
02-07-2011, 03:19 PM
The ideal scenario would have been TFC pulling off the victory against RSL at BMO Field and then they would still be preparing for upcoming Champions League matches with the new regime in place. Oh well, I'm still pumped for the upcoming season.

True but the question is would MLSE have been in a rush to swith up the management if we had the champions league games ahead of us?

Hitcho
02-07-2011, 11:17 PM
I've never been convinced that our squad could handle CCL and MLS action without imploding. We'd either have to chuck the later stages of the CCL (not likely) or suffer exhaustion and depletion for league games which would knacker our play off hopes. Until we get enough depth to be able to make a decent stab at both, I think we're better establishing ourselves as a decent MLS side. The league is your bread and butter. You have to walk before you can run. And other annoying soundbites that make the same point.

rocker
02-08-2011, 09:40 AM
look on the bright side... we just need Winter to lead us to the CCL next year. :)