PDA

View Full Version : Daso back with TFC as Cheif Scout

Damien
02-04-2011, 10:01 PM
As per Craig Forrest...
http://twitter.com/craigforrest1/status/33592011655225344

Nick Dasovic Not leaving the club #TFC (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23TFC). Remains as chief scout.

Not sure where Tim Regan fits into the mix...

billyfly
02-04-2011, 10:02 PM
TFC scout?

shaggingscot
02-04-2011, 10:09 PM
TFC scout?

Almost exclusively in Brazil.

denime
02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Good news,for TFC and Daso.

Alonso
02-04-2011, 10:23 PM
I like this, it's a dog eat dog world but their is something that is to be said about the loyalty an organization has for its members.

I think Daso deserves to be treated well by this organization, and surely part of TFC's mandate as they have expressed themselves is to bring along Canadian coaching talent.

This is a good move at least until something better opens up for Daso here or at another team.

Shway
02-04-2011, 11:09 PM
i was hoping he could've been the reserve team coach

Milky
02-05-2011, 05:00 AM
I'm actually really surprised that he didn't uproot back to Vancouver. Plus, most former TFC coaches (even interims) don't hang around long after they are removed from the top post.

Suds
02-05-2011, 08:08 AM
I'm actually really surprised that he didn't uproot back to Vancouver. Plus, most former TFC coaches (even interims) don't hang around long after they are removed from the top post.

I wonder if this had to do with him still being under contract?

Just speculating:
TFC offers him another role because they still have to pay him. Daso accepts because most clubs have set their coaching for the next season, so no solid coaching offers. He figures it's better to keep working in the game than sitting at home.

Either way, I'm glad Daso is still working. He's done everything asked of him to date. Got to respect the guy for that.

ensco
02-05-2011, 08:14 AM
^That "speculation" makes a lot of sense.

KRO
02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Spelling Nazi time - Chief not Cheif.

ManUtd4ever
02-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I wonder if this had to do with him still being under contract?

Just speculating:
TFC offers him another role because they still have to pay him. Daso accepts because most clubs have set their coaching for the next season, so no solid coaching offers. He figures it's better to keep working in the game than sitting at home.

Either way, I'm glad Daso is still working. He's done everything asked of him to date. Got to respect the guy for that.

Sounds about right, and Daso does deserve the opportunity to remain with the organization. Classy move by TFC as opposed to releasing him outright.

[NBF]
02-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Nick Dasovic, is still the under 20's head coach.

Dasovic, will be at the yearly tryouts for the under 20's, which means that TFC will be scouting players from "across" Canada and will have or has a pretty good idea of whats out there.

1. Scouting for Canada using MLSE money
+ 2. Scouting for TFC using Canada money
= success for the TFC Academy/Canada under 20's and under 23's

Tim Reagan, how does a nobody like him even get a scouting role with TFC? I saw this kid on the GolTV show about the MLS Draft and he looks like a college student that plays FM 2011 all night and day. He definitely does not aspire confidence, yet he's the only scout for TFC? Mo must have been caught a few times having inappropriate relations with someone's wife for this guy to get hired.

Nicholas982
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM

I before E except after C. :D

MartinUtd
02-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Interesting move. I always thought Daso could be groomed to be Winter's replacement (or whoever ended up taking the helm when the coaching staff as uncertain). He strikes me as an aspiring and ambitious manager which is exactly what TFC and Canada needs in the long term. Hopefully this scouting role is more a means of having Daso involved in the fundamental building blocks of a team will be eventually taking over.

It sure would be refreshing to see a coaching change where the new comer doesn't feel the need to blow up the team and bring his own guys in.

oxygenatedbrain
02-05-2011, 01:54 PM
The part of this story about Daso working from home in Vancouver doesn't seem to have been picked up on here...

Damien
02-05-2011, 03:01 PM
I before E except after C. :D

This website sucks... no spell check on thread titles?! Cmon!!
Shut 'er down.