PDA

View Full Version : MLS 2011 full schedule...when does it come out?

karlosarmenta
02-01-2011, 07:03 PM
does anybody know when the full schedule for 2011 comes out? I've been waiting patiently, but now its killing me!

TFC Bhoy
02-01-2011, 07:32 PM
ive been waiting the same thing. i want to know how many games i can go to without having to book off vacation days!

Wagner
02-01-2011, 07:35 PM
i need to plan my spring/summer.
which weddings i'm going to and bailing on...
etc.

TorontoGooner
02-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Apparently the next couple of weeks (early Feb) according to most forums

karlosarmenta
02-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Thanks you Gooner. What forums have you been on that says early feb.?

Wagner
02-02-2011, 06:34 AM
it has to be soon, the tix are going to the printers.

Phil
02-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Normally it is released in the first week of Febuary.

Fort York Redcoat
02-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Damn. Home games, Which away games to get to, Vcup, Gold Cup- Plantastic!!

+ FOOOOTBALLLLLLLL!!!

Gobi
02-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Possibly 2nd week of Feb... I seem to remember it being Feb. 12th one year.

Nuvinho
02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Don Garber going to make another 'Major' Announcement?

They should of come out with the schedule before the all-star game venue.

Yagbod
02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
It was Feb 3rd last year.

Smokecell
02-02-2011, 06:27 PM
If anything it's late at the moment....the season has also never started this early so if it was feb 3rd last year it should've been 2 weeks ago by now at least

ForestGlade
02-02-2011, 10:20 PM
If anything it's late at the moment....the season has also never started this early so if it was feb 3rd last year it should've been 2 weeks ago by now at least

You could say that about anything right now though. CONCACAF hasn't bothered to release a schedule for the Gold Cup in spite of knowing all the participants and having announced the venues and dates.

Canada Soccer not only hasn't announced the V-Cup schedule, but hasn't announced if FC Edmonton's in it or any structure change.

I bet a lot of the wait is due to tv deals, but can you imagine the uproar if the NHL waited until a week into preseason to announce the schedule? It would be madness

ahandle
02-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't know why MLS wait so long or takes so much time to make and announce their schedule. I mean, NBA have they schedule out easily two months before the start of the season and they have way more games.

anyways, I'm just like the rest of you, can't wait until the schedule comes out to plan the summer.

rocker
02-02-2011, 10:36 PM
prob more complex with 4 extra games per team and some new stadiums (KC + Vanny if it's ready.. i think Vanny finally told MLS not to backload the schedule for them since they aren't sure if the new stadium will be ready at all for the regular season.)

NBA is a stable league with a set # of teams and stadiums and broadcast partners.

Mango Kid
02-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Baseball has 30 teams and 162 games and they had their schedule out in December, two months after the season is done. What takes MLS so bloody long is beyond me.

Think they might sell a few extra tickets with more time if people knew when they were playing team "x"?

Amateurs.

leafsman
02-03-2011, 11:05 AM
baseball even releases some of its schedule in September, before the season is over and mls doesnt have one with just over a month until the season lol

mastermixer
02-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Just a guess, but it might have to do with the fact that they are still negotiating TV rights. I think they raised the price with Fox Sports in the US and they are still working it out.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2010/12/20/1887486/mls-reportedly-wants-20-million-a-year-from-fox-soccer-channel-for

Phil
02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
One of the big obstacles in the past was stadium issues.

Yet now, most teams play is soccer specific facilities.

The really hard one is the LA/Chivas share but this is a bit silly.

No wonder why this league has issue with traveling support, nobody can plan anything.

ensco
02-03-2011, 12:13 PM
One of the big obstacles in the past was stadium issues.

Yet now, most teams play is soccer specific facilities.

The really hard one is the LA/Chivas share but this is a bit silly.

No wonder why this league has issue with traveling support, nobody can plan anything.

The SSS model is actually the problem, because of the fixation on maximizing income from all these shiny, new, underutilized stadiums, that mostly sit empty.

The owners of the teams care more about using the stadiums, than they do about their team or the league. So the league wait to the last minute, to minimize the embarrassment that occurs when you move games to accommodate monster truck events, Raffi concerts or lacrosse games.

SuperTCP
02-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Hoping they come out soon too , want to plan some road trips to away games

menefreghista
02-03-2011, 01:12 PM
The SSS model is actually the problem, because of the fixation on maximizing income from all these shiny, new, underutilized stadiums, that mostly sit empty.

The owners of the teams care more about using the stadiums, than they do about their team or the league. So the league wait to the last minute, to minimize the embarrassment that occurs when you move games to accommodate monster truck events, Raffi concerts or lacrosse games.

Or matches against Real Madrid....

Technorgasm
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
MY work has an office in Mason OHIO. I am getting a work trip to go there. . . and watch us beat the KKKrew

I know I know. . . . . but whatevs. Im going. .

just need to know when.

ensco
02-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Portland paper says Feb 8 or 9

http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2011/01/portland_timbers_regular_seaso.html

Smokecell
02-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Next thursday, the 10th it is

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/mls-unveil-regular-season-schedule-feb-10

TorontoGooner
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Bring it on. My Dad's over from England mid-April and I want to introduce him to the MLS

nfitz
02-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Bring it on. My Dad's over from England mid-April and I want to introduce him to the MLSCan I put money on him making a comment about everyone running in and out to get food and drink all the time instead of watching the game?

Wagner
02-08-2011, 10:19 AM
the word is today or tomorrow...
has anyone seen anything yet???

rocker
02-08-2011, 10:42 AM
the word is today or tomorrow...
has anyone seen anything yet???

MLS says Feb 10. Thursday (see article above).

TorontoGooner
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Can I put money on him making a comment about everyone running in and out to get food and drink all the time instead of watching the game?

Haha. I wouldn't be surprised if he does. However, he does moan about that at the Arsenal every week so it won't be a reflection on the MLS or TFC, just modern day football

jaahuuu
02-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Scheduling Delay Costs Goodwill And Revenue (http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news;_ylt=AjUAzHYRWjcdgnKD1f0PgDgmw7YF?slug=goal-mondaymlsbreakdownschedulin)

ensco
02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
^More colour on BC Place problems
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/content.php?1148-BC-Place-to-be-Operational-by-September-30th

Wagner
02-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Account manager has NOT been updated yet.

i was hoping that was on some sort of automatic update.

TFCREDNWHITE
02-10-2011, 09:42 AM
"and the need to send Sporting Kansas City on the road until its home opener on June 9 also pose competitive balance issues that must be juggled carefully"

WoW, to be on the road until June 09th, Sucks BIG time!!

DangerRed
02-10-2011, 09:50 AM
^WHOA. That's fucked up. Since MLS teams have traditionally shat the bed on the road, it's quite likely Sporting KC will be bottom of the table by the time June 9 rolls around.

Wagner
02-10-2011, 12:24 PM
the account manager is currently offline...
which is a good thing...

rocker
02-10-2011, 12:59 PM
^WHOA. That's fucked up. Since MLS teams have traditionally shat the bed on the road, it's quite likely Sporting KC will be bottom of the table by the time June 9 rolls around.

ya... although Philly seemed OK with the backloaded home schedule last year.

What matters most is that other teams realize that KC is not out of it by June 9 even if they are at the bottom of the table. They could be the classic "surprise" team because everyone forgets they played so many road games.

SuperTCP
02-10-2011, 01:18 PM
45mins to go! Hopefully. Then we can start planning some road trips :)

DangerRed
02-10-2011, 01:29 PM
ya... although Philly seemed OK with the backloaded home schedule last year.

What matters most is that other teams realize that KC is not out of it by June 9 even if they are at the bottom of the table. They could be the classic "surprise" team because everyone forgets they played so many road games.

I was thinking the exact same thing. What's more, having so much road play at the start of the season could mean they get well accustomed to the challenges of being away and actually win a few games.

Given that an average MLS team realistically needs to win but a handful of away games to make the playoffs, they could definitely come out of nowhere as a playoff contender.

Parkdale
02-10-2011, 01:59 PM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=26515

out now