PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on TFC TV updates so far.

Thrillos
02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Just wondering if people are starting to shake that pessimism off as I am starting to.

It is so refreshing seeing a coach working with the players and giving tactical notes to players during training sessions. Compared to seeing them just run in last seasons preseason videos and the players just commenting how all they are doing is running.

Lets not forget season one where Mo was just having the team scrimmage while he played with his blackberry.

Not since Carver have we had this type of tactical knowledge within the team, and I am glad we have Dutch tactical knowledge now and not old school english tactics (no ill will to Carver, I loved him).

Mark TFC
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
It definately seems that the staff and players are feeding off each other. It's nice to see updates on a regular basis, and to actually have a full squad for the pre-season.

dupont
02-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't get the impression that the team will be that good this year... but with some time and more players, this could turn into something special. I hope they stick with the staff for a few years to allow them to build something.

Flint
02-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I have a lot more confidence in this management team than in previous years. Hopefully that can translate to results on the field.

Luanda
02-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Impressions based on daily 2 or so minute clips of training camp do not amount to much. Some 8 minutes in all, as of now.

What is being fed to us daily is minimalist rations.

Sure keep you sallivating, though!

Yohan
02-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I don't get the impression that the team will be that good this year... but with some time and more players, this could turn into something special. I hope they stick with the staff for a few years to allow them to build something.
yes please

my expectation is that of year 1 again. as long as the lads play hard every game, and fight for a playoff spot, I'll be content

Batman
02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
yes please

my expectation is that of year 1 again. as long as the lads play hard every game, and fight for a playoff spot, I'll be content

year 1 with a better mgmt team in place, a number of players that have already had some experience with the team, and without an 8 CDN player quota to play under.

I'm more optimistic than year 1 based upon all of the above.

19Barrett19
02-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I love the fact that there are updates daily. I seems as TFC as a whole know what they are doing, thanks you Aron and his staff we look like a team ... together for a change with enough players to practice with. I aslo think it's going to get more intersesting when TFC heads to Florida to finish preseason we will have more players and the first team can start to play together to get used to each other. Great signs so far Im impressed.

Players that I think will make the cut for TFC out of turkey!

3 D Nana Attakora
12 D Adrian Cann
6 M Julian de Guzman
14 M Dwayne De Rosario
24 GK Stefan Frei
8 D Dan Gargan
32 D Emmanuel Gomez
20 D Ty Harden
28 D Doneil Henry
30 GK Milos Kocic
21 M Nick LaBrocca
*37 M Nicholas Lindsay*
23 M Jacob Peterson
29 F Maicon Santos
M Nathan Sturgis
D/F Demitrius Omphroy
FJoao Plata
D Ashtone Morgan
D Eddy Sidra
F Santiago Gonzalez Areco
GK David Monsalve
F Javier Martina
F Nick Soolsma
M Bas Ent
M King Osei Gyan

3 GK
9 Defenders better then last year
3 DefMids who i think DeGuz can play with beter then Saric or Sanyang..
thats 12 defensive players.
that makes is 15
4 MF
5 Forwards
4-3-3 system you need plenty forward and midfeilders .
LOVE THE WAY THE TEAM IS SHAPING SO FAR !

Pachuco
02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Impressions based on daily 2 or so minute clips of training camp do not amount to much. Some 8 minutes in all, as of now.

What is being fed to us daily is minimalist rations.

Sure keep you sallivating, though!

I completely agree. All I see is people repeating what they are fed by MLSE and people seeing what they want to see. At one point there were people talking about Preki and his great defensive strategies. Now most people claim Preki never had a strategy because JDG said so. Too much overreacting around here.

Personally, I'll just wait until I see some games (not including preseason games) to see whether this management team is for real. All I know right now is that we have a management team who came from an impressive organization. Whether they'll adapt to the MLS remains to be seen.

19Barrett19
02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I completely agree. All I see is people repeating what they are fed by MLSE and people seeing what they want to see. At one point there were people talking about Preki and his great defensive strategies. Now most people claim Preki never had a strategy because JDG said so. Too much overreacting around here.

Personally, I'll just wait until I see some games (not including preseason games) to see whether this management team is for real. All I know right now is that we have a management team who came from an impressive organization. Whether they'll adapt to the MLS remains to be seen.

Preki could of done really we'll be he was using MO's players and no space to add Prekies failure was Mo';s falut no his . NO MORE MO ! LOTS MORE to LOOK FORWARD TO.

Joe Kool
02-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I always look forward to the 2 min of fluff each day and a big thanks to TFC for doing it. I know they could have just left us with Wileman's piece each day but they aren't which is great. They could add a couple more minutes though. Good to see so many guys training even if we don't know how well they will do as opposed to last year when we were short of guys for so long. I really hope taking on a more youthful direction pays off with alot of energetic play on the field. I don't anticipate a young team doing great the first year but it really pays off over time in other leagues when teams do it so hopefully it will here too. It will be interesting to see who shows up in Florida.

Kaz
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Preki could of done really we'll be he was using MO's players and no space to add Prekies failure was Mo';s falut no his . NO MORE MO ! LOTS MORE to LOOK FORWARD TO.

No Preki's record spoke for itself, every year his teams got worse. The team and staff last year basically revolted against him, he was a bad choice, he was MO's last bad choice. Preki is a American Div 2 level coach at best.

Oldtimer
02-02-2011, 05:56 AM
I think we'll know better how next year is shaping when the team plays in Charleston. It's too early to tell, although some of the early signs are encouraging.

mastermixer
02-02-2011, 09:56 AM
It does seem very different this year. For some reason I have faith in the scouting that has been done and see some of the trialists and draft picks making a dent in the league this year.

tovan
02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
it's refreshing to see the new staff working with players to develop better ball skills and positioning sense. the latest update was labelled "moving off the ball", something that seriously lacking in previous years. things are looking much brighter than they were under the old regime. i get a sense that some players such as JDG will benefit greatly from all this.

ManUtd4ever
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
The one major difference in traing camp compared to last season is the emphasis on the technical and tactical aspects of the game. Every incumbent TFC player that has been interviewed has stated that Winter's approach is unprecedented, and that it was a refreshing change from past years that primarily involved running and scrimmages.

Alixir
02-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Listening to Cann talk about how the team compares this year to last is giving me a lot of hope...Cann rocks. Still seems to sound nervous infront of the camera.

Oldtimer
02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
^^ The other thing that's very encouraging is that it seems from what the players are saying is that Winter and Mariner are on the same page. That is really important when you have a duo running the team.

Alixir
02-04-2011, 06:41 PM
if anything at least it will be fun football to watch this year.